Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3721) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8709510 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3718) (3719) (3720) (3721) (3722) (3723) (3724) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 12:04am On Jan 16, 2017
afrodoc2:

In the middle of our best run we faced a Liverpool side that was in the middle of a bad run minus their 2 best attacking players and we couldn't beat them.....AT HOME!
this isn't ludo na hehehehe. I remember their best team lost 0-2 at home haha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:07am On Jan 16, 2017

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:16am On Jan 16, 2017
ChristineC:
true that. I agree.
One point is still better than non. It was always going to be a game of fine margins.
I still think the coaches' A and B tactics were efficient, only limited by some[b] incompetent personnel[/b].

The players were competent. Pogba is competent he just had a bad day. He failed to score from a clear cut chance and gave away a penalty while losing possession throughout. But it happens.

Phil Jones lost concentration in one moment but Rojo came to his rescue. Rojo on his part could have put the ball in throw-in instead of corner kick, the Liverpool closest to him was playing from clear offside position at the time. But the lads were a bit nervous . Jones stopped a lot of one vs one with their forwards while also making many clearances and blockings.

Carrick was okay but the coach wanted to cut off the midfield in the second half.

Only Darmian I don't always like. I wish Shaw could return and hit proper form.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:21am On Jan 16, 2017
elampiro:

They also couldn't beat us at Anfied when we were playing poorly. They didn’t do well there.

Yeah. That was the match in which JM parked the bus. We have dropped too many unnecessary points already this season and if we don't start beating other top 6 teams especially at home we won't make top 4. We need to beat the other top teams and deny them points, beating the small teams and getting draws or losses against the big teams won't be enough.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 12:22am On Jan 16, 2017
elampiro:

The players were competent. Pogba is competent he just had a bad day. He failed to score from a clear cut chance and gave away a penalty while losing possession throughout. But it happens.

Phil Jones lost concentration in one moment but Rojo came to his rescue. Rojo on his part could have put the ball in throw-in instead of corner kick, the Liverpool closest to him was playing from clear offside position at the time. But the lads were a bit nervous . Jones stopped a lot of one vs one with their forwards while also making many clearances and blockings.

Carrick was okay but the coach wanted to cut off the midfield in the second half.

Only Darmian I don't always like. I wish Shaw could return and hit proper form.
incompetent on the day is what I mean. of course they are all good pros, we know they can do much better. It's still a long way to go.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:24am On Jan 16, 2017
ChristineC:
incompetent on the day is what I mean. of course they are all good pros, we know they can do much better. It's still a long way to go.

Ok
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 12:35am On Jan 16, 2017
Pogba had his worst game as a professional today.....he was terrible but that should not count against him because he has been superb for almost a month now! Every player has an off day at some point in time!

Our defenders also need to start taking more risks with their forward play and should help build attacking moves from deep and our forwards need to be put on some intense finishing training because 90 percent of them don't seem to know what to do once we are approaching the opponents box! All these up balls also need to be curbed, it's better when you are chasing a game to be calm and keep the ball on the ground!

Jose should have gone for Rashford instead of fellaini but these things happen...men make I go puff one mad spliff come go attack my madam nether regions....at least I know say my finishing no go be like man u forward line own!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:40am On Jan 16, 2017
What is life when people keep prostitutes for Madams sad sad sad

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 12:48am On Jan 16, 2017
Lana1:
angry sad
So we still can't beat any of the top teams..

Mourinho and his stupïd subs
angry angry
Spurs?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:51am On Jan 16, 2017
afrodoc2:

Yeah. That was the match in which JM parked the bus. We have dropped too many unnecessary points already this season and if we don't start beating other top 6 teams especially at home we won't make top 4. We need to beat the other top teams and deny them points, beating the small teams and getting draws or losses against the big teams won't be enough.
I actually think this will be more than enough.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:58am On Jan 16, 2017
People just like to dwell on negativity too much.
Even the performance today wasn't nearly as bad as the reaction.
Sometimes we need to look at the big picture.
16 games unbeaten, all comps. The team Is playing good and exciting football again.

Sometimes I dey tire men.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 1:01am On Jan 16, 2017
Lana1 I just dey use corner eye dey look you and your anti mourinho brigade.
Kwontinue...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 1:05am On Jan 16, 2017
A few (really unfortunate) draws that time and many people were declaring top 4 gone.
I wonder if there's still anyone with this opinion.

And let's stop acting like ALL our rivals will beat ALL the 'small' teams they'll face, making it look like our managing to beat these teams (if/when we do) will be useless
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 2:11am On Jan 16, 2017
Imagine Guardiola was coaching us, with all our indoctrinated negativity by LVG, where would we be right now?
Look at the squad he inherited and has turned them to something else.

I pity this man, cos by the time everyone sees him as vulnerable in the EPL, it'll be a hopeless case.

Una no know anything!
Even the Unai Emery some of you were shouting about has turned out a dud. grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 6:32am On Jan 16, 2017
guardiola is still ahead of mourinho, that makes mourinho a bigger fraud. Guardiola this guardiola that at least he has beaten man u and arsenal, who did mourinho beat out of the traditional teams.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 6:33am On Jan 16, 2017
PietroRico:
A few (really unfortunate) draws that time and many people were declaring top 4 gone.

And let's stop acting like ALL our rivals will beat ALL the 'small' teams they'll face, making it look like our managing to beat these teams (if/when we do) will be useless
will man u beat all the small team it will face.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:20am On Jan 16, 2017
I just saw the Everton-Mancity highlights and I must say, Bravo was very very poor. Dude should've saved a couple of the goals.

Ademola Lookman's finish is what delights me though. I pray he grows well and leads the Super Eagles lineup in the future.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BushWickBill: 8:35am On Jan 16, 2017
Leyqute:
I just saw the Everton-Mancity highlights and I must say, Bravo was very very poor. Dude should've saved a couple of the goals.

Ademola Lookman's finish is what delights me though. I pray he grows well and leads the Super Eagles lineup in the future.

He MAY not feature for the Eagles unless he's not called up by England.

Wilfried Zaha comes to mind.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 8:48am On Jan 16, 2017
RooRuudRonSaha:
will man u beat all the small team it will face.
sometimes you need to calm down and understand what someone is trying to say before quoting... Seriously.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:51am On Jan 16, 2017
BushWickBill:

He MAY not feature for the Eagles unless he's not called up by England.

Wilfried Zaha comes to mind.

He can play for England's U-20 , 21 or 23 side but as long as he hasn't played for their senior side he is eligible to play for Nigeria.

It's totally up to him.

After playing for England's junior teams Zaha was almost tied to the 3 Lions (he has been called to the senior team and even featured in a friendly match) but now he plays for Ivory Coast. Sharp guy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 9:01am On Jan 16, 2017
some people really hate pogba sha undecided, poor performance from my guy, but the hate here too much abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purplekayc(m): 9:15am On Jan 16, 2017
Why nah

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:24am On Jan 16, 2017
afrodoc2:

The penalty was actually the problem. If we had scored first, we would have won by 3-1.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:45am On Jan 16, 2017
PietroRico:

We are doing well. If we continue this way, we will finish top four. We were very unlucky with officiating in the first half of the season.

Look at the table when we played 13, 14 matches and now. We eeet10 points behind our rivals. We are now five points behind them.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 9:45am On Jan 16, 2017
PietroRico:
sometimes you need to calm down and understand what someone is trying to say before quoting... Seriously.
maybe what u typed is in portuguese. Your rivals wont beat all the small teams and you would beat all the small teams abi.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 9:47am On Jan 16, 2017
purplekayc:
Why nah
second or third time he would do such in the last 7 months, same against palace in the fa final.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 9:47am On Jan 16, 2017
nitlad anti chelsea, i sight you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BushWickBill: 9:48am On Jan 16, 2017
Leyqute:

He can play for England's U-20 , 21 or 23 side but as long as he hasn't played for their senior side he is eligible to play for Nigeria.

It's totally up to him.

After playing for England's junior teams Zaha was almost tied to the 3 Lions (he has been called to the senior team and even featured in a friendly match) but now he plays for Ivory Coast. Sharp guy

Yeah.

I just hope that he doesn't play for the senior team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:55am On Jan 16, 2017
purplekayc:
Why nah

Which touch-line bust up is that?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:56am On Jan 16, 2017
BushWickBill:

Yeah.

I just hope that he doesn't play for the senior team.

Kelechi n Iwobi need peeps like Lookman to join em
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purplekayc(m): 10:17am On Jan 16, 2017
Leyqute:

it happened during gameplay
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purplekayc(m): 10:20am On Jan 16, 2017
Leyqute:

klopp and mohrino went into a fight after herera was booked and pretend to be injured

(1) (2) (3) ... (3718) (3719) (3720) (3721) (3722) (3723) (3724) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: hatakekakashi, Shegzdave, Prectega(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.