Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3729) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8669044 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3726) (3727) (3728) (3729) (3730) (3731) (3732) ... (14140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 19, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:

Even in death, he is much more alive than your brain

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:26pm On Jan 19, 2017
I wonder how this brexit matter go eventually affect Utd and the EPL as a whole.

we no dey link to anybody for this mid-season at all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:07pm On Jan 19, 2017
SIRcumalot:
I wonder how this brexit matter go eventually affect Utd and the EPL as a whole.

we no dey link to anybody for this mid-season at all.

It could work out very well for the EPL.

Theresa May is threatening to cut taxes and turn Britain into a Tax Haven if the EU decide to punish us for Brexit.

The only thing footballers love more than tattoos and sidechicks is 'Low Taxes'. EPL could become more attractive to big name ballers from that angle.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:12pm On Jan 19, 2017
We have some Yahaya Jammehs on this section of NL. They will always hold on to an opinion and argue defiantly even when it's obvious they've lost.

We should flush them out.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 19, 2017
Leyqute:
We have some Yahaya Jammehs on this section of NL. They will always hold on to an opinion and argue defiantly even when it's obvious they've lost.

We should flush them out.

Life is all about Diversity, every opinion is welcome grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:43pm On Jan 19, 2017
Nihilist:
It could work out very well for the EPL.

Theresa May is threatening to cut taxes and turn Britain into a Tax Haven if the EU decide to punish us for Brexit.

The only thing footballers love more than tattoos and sidechicks is 'Low Taxes'. EPL could become more attractive to big name ballers from that angle.

Cutting taxes in the UK? UK I believe is more of a service economy and dont have a lot of natural resources/finished products they sell internationally. How will domestic funding and those social services be paid for?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:53pm On Jan 19, 2017
raumdeuter:

Cutting taxes in the UK? UK I believe is more of a service economy and dont have a lot of natural resources/finished products they sell internationally. How will domestic funding and those social services be paid for?

The Banks that basically fund the UK economy are threatening to run. Almost immediately after Theresa May's speech, HSBC came out to say that if the UK lost access to the single market, they would be moving over 1000 jobs to Europe straight. UBS came out shortly after to say the same.

By cutting taxes, Theresa May will be providing incentive to stay...as well as tempting more financial players to the island.

Basically, she's threatening to turn the UK into a Cayman Islands or Luxembourg. We're already the money laundering capital of the world. Shes threatening to legalise it.

Nothing financiers love more than Tax Avoidance...see Panama Papers for details.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:59pm On Jan 19, 2017
Nihilist:
The Banks that basically fund the UK economy are threatening to run. Almost immediately after Theresa May's speech, HSBC came out to say that if the UK lost access to the single market, they would be moving over 1000 jobs to Europe straight. UBS came out shortly after to say the same.

By cutting taxes, Theresa May will be providing incentive to stay...as well as tempting more financial players to the island.

Basically, she's threatening to turn the UK into a Cayman Islands or Luxembourg. We're already the money laundering capital of the world. Shes threatening to legalise it.

Nothing financiers love more than Tax Avoidance...see Panama Papers for details.

Doing that will let the banks have more money to play with.

While this is true, WHat will happen to the social programs? UK have a lot of social programs which are funded by tax payers. All the public transport, housing and welfare programs can only be sustained with sky high taxes. In the UK I believe all these programs are financed with the very high taxes on everyone. If these taxes are lowered or cut in half, what then happens to the social services? will they be dropped?

Aside from 0rgasms and Bayern win, avoiding taxes is the next best thing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:11pm On Jan 19, 2017
raumdeuter:

While this is true, UK also have a lot of social programs which are funded by tax payers. All the public transport, housing and welfare programs can only be sustained with sky high taxes. In the UK I believe all these programs are financed with the very high taxes on everyone. If these taxes are lowered or cut in half, what then happens to the social services? will they be dropped?

Aside from 0rgasms and Bayern win, avoiding taxes is the next best thing

I'm talking Corporation Tax my guy not Income Tax.

Corporation Tax is the tax on a company's profits. Income Tax is in thr individual tax that you and I pay.

Wetin consign Big Business and Income Tax? grin

Now the average tax paying individual pays something called National Insurance- That's the tax that goes directly to Social services. Employers also pay National Insurance for each of their employees.

Then your pay council tax for where you live - That's goes to your Council e.g Local Government for local work

Then there's VAT, Road Tax and so on. Those ones won't change.

What Theresa May wants to do is tell business that she will charge them less in the UK than they do on the continent to make profits. Considering how far the likes of David Cameron's daddy ran to to get such Benefit (Bahamas and Panama), this will be Music to his ears... it then becomes a volume game.

Sure we'll take less tax per company, but there will be so many companies to tax it won't even matter. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:50am On Jan 20, 2017
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:51am On Jan 20, 2017
Guy's have you seen improvement in our passing this season?

fvck Van gaal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:52am On Jan 20, 2017

We ain't got no runners... hmmmmm ... least km covered amongst the top 6
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:55am On Jan 20, 2017

We've got the best disciplinary record

more interceptions courtesy of Ander Herrera, and aeriels
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:58am On Jan 20, 2017
Manchester United have taken 613 touches in the opponent's box this term, only bettered by Manchester City (740), Arsenal (720) and Liverpool (681).

However, United have only been awarded one penalty in 2016/17, while Liverpool, Tottenham and Manchester City have all been awarded six spot-kicks.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:35pm On Jan 20, 2017
cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 3:05pm On Jan 20, 2017
angry

Depay the mofo is gone! What a waste of money, time and jet fuel!

Charlie Nicholas from sky sports said it best:

"I would have chased him out last summer,”
He’s a show pony. He was only interested in the United image. Mourinho doesn’t do show ponies, just ask Joe Cole.

“He’s a poor version of Neymar. When he does a trick he doesn’t even leave the player, he wants to stay and do another trick.

“What has surprised me is the amount of money they got back. It tells you a lot that no Premier League teams were interested in him.”

http://www.football365.com/news/show-pony-memphis-is-a-poor-version-of-neymar

Abeg make griezmann come collect that
number 7 jersey sharply!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BushWickBill: 3:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
Funlordjnr:

angry

Abeg make griezmann come collect that number 7 jersey sharply!

No truer words have been used to describe the guy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
Speaking to MUTV at the Aon Training Complex on Friday, Mourinho was full of praise for the player. "I don’t think it is a reward, I don't see it in this perspective," the boss said. "I just think he is the best right-back you can have. There is no better right-back in football. It is just for us to keep the best. I don't think it is a reward. It is a privilege for us to have such a good player and such a good man."

www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2017/Jan/Jose-Mourinho-says-Antonio-Valencia-is-best-right-back-in-world-football.aspx?utm_campaign=ManUtd&utm_medium=post&utm_source=facebook

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 3:20pm On Jan 20, 2017
cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:23pm On Jan 20, 2017
Funlordjnr:

angry

Charlie Nicholas from sky sports said it best:

"I would have chased him out last summer,”
He’s a show pony. He was only interested in the United image. Mourinho doesn’t do show ponies, just ask Joe Cole.

“He’s a poor version of Neymar. When he does a trick he doesn’t even leave the player, he wants to stay and do another trick.

“What has surprised me is the amount of money they got back. It tells you a lot that no Premier League teams were interested in him.”

http://www.football365.com/news/show-pony-memphis-is-a-poor-version-of-neymar

Abeg make griezmann come collect that
number 7 jersey sharply!

Abeg Where greizmann wan play for us,
Shay na winger abi na striker ?
E be like we go move for this guy next season.
I no want another Pogba situation were we go dey wonder If na CM,DM or behind striker,player.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 3:28pm On Jan 20, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Abeg Where greizmann wan play for us,
Shay na winger abi na striker ?
E be like we go move for this guy next season.
I no want another Pogba situation were we go dey wonder If na CM,DM or behind striker,player.

He can play as a striker, or he, martial and Miki go struggle for 1 starting position!

Griezmann plays as either a winger, a supporting striker or a false 9! He is good in all those positions!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:39pm On Jan 20, 2017
Funlordjnr:

He can play as a striker, or he, martial and Miki go struggle for 1 starting position!

Griezmann plays as either a winger, a supporting striker or a false 9! He is good in all those positions!

Griezmann is a good player but i am not sure there is a ready made position for him in this team. I am not saying we should not go for him but we should desist from just trying to buy every star footballer in the market without knowing how they will fit into the team.
We need to build the best team not just buy the best players out there.
Apart from Zlatan's no 9 position there is no obvious place for Griezmann in Mourinho's 4-3-3 especially with the way JM wants his wide men to track back.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 3:45pm On Jan 20, 2017
Good luck to Memphis. Shame it didn't work out for him at united. Just couldn't handle the step up.

Any team news yet? Injury news etc?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:55pm On Jan 20, 2017
payet don enter one chance cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:40pm On Jan 20, 2017
How much would LvG have sold Depay?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 4:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
SIRcumalot:
payet don enter one chance cheesy
wetin happen
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:59pm On Jan 20, 2017
dopeJemi:

wetin happen
I hear for TV say Marseille no dey buy again
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 6:04pm On Jan 20, 2017
Leyqute:
How much would LvG have sold Depay?

6 million pounds... Then United will pay them 10 million pounds if he scores five goals in a season and another 10 million pounds if he wins player of the month. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 6:26pm On Jan 20, 2017
SIRcumalot:
I hear for TV say Marseille no dey buy again
he go rot for bench be that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:29pm On Jan 20, 2017
pharod:

6 million pounds... Then United will pay them 10 million pounds if he scores five goals in a season and another 10 million pounds if he cry wins player of the month. grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:37pm On Jan 20, 2017
Hull City's next 5 games:

Chelsea, Man United, Man City, L'pool & Arsenal.
cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:57pm On Jan 20, 2017
chrisley024:
Hull City's next 5 games:

Chelsea, Man United, Man City, L'pool & Arsenal.
cry

This sh1t is not fair.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (3726) (3727) (3728) (3729) (3730) (3731) (3732) ... (14140) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jokerman(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.