Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,785 members, 7,834,650 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3812) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8787753 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3809) (3810) (3811) (3812) (3813) (3814) (3815) ... (14180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 11:34pm On Feb 18, 2017
elampiro:

grin

Not only Ronaldo who played against Copehangen. Bale, Modric, Alonso.

But Ancelotti benched his most important player - Di Maria, because the match was unimportant
That's using your logic.

Ayagayagayo hei Ayagayagayo

Lmao!

That was after Khedira got injured. And you could be right because it was only Di Maria who could display as much energy as the injured Khedira in the midfield for Madrid during the particular time.

But prior to Dec, Di Maria was never in contention! He was omitted for 3 straight matches! I remembered vividly at that particular time because of how awful he was on the wings and a lot of Madrid fans couldn't wait for January to sell off his ass. In fact, the return of Bale put a final nail in the coffin for him and it wasn't a coincidence he was omitted for 3 consecutive straight matches before Khedira's injury paved way for him. I was even praying we wouldn't sign him in January because of how awful he was playing on the wing and we happened to be rumoured among the clubs vying for his signature.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:40pm On Feb 18, 2017
Kagawa10:

Lmao!

That was after Khedira got injured. And you could be right because it was only Di Maria who could display as much energy as the injured Khedira in the midfield for Madrid during the particular time.

But prior to Dec, Di Maria was never in contention! He was omitted for 3 straight matches! I remembered vividly at that particular time because of how awful he was on the wings and a lot of Madrid fans couldn't wait for January to sell off his ass. In fact, the return of Bale put a final nail in the coffin for him and it wasn't a coincidence he was omitted for 3 consecutive straight matches before Khedira's injury paved way for him. I was even praying we wouldn't sign him in January because of how awful he was playing on the wing and we happened to be rumoured among the clubs vying for his signature.

You don't make sense.

You said Di Maria was playing awfully in November. So why was he not sold in January as you claim?

The injury to Kheidera almost considered with the return to the team by Alonso. So find another excuse. If Di Maria was awful as you claim, the coach would have played two man midfield, then play Isco behind Benzema.

Hello?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 11:43pm On Feb 18, 2017
elampiro:

The fact remains that Di Maria started over 90% of the matches when Kheidera was fit from August to November ending.

If you say Bale was poor or just arrived, then 'a poor Di Maria' shouldn't get into the starting line up ahead of Modric and Isco. But he did which means he was not poor.

Good night!

LOL!

When last has Modric played on the wing? Ancelotti didn't even consider Isco for the wing position. He was considered as an option for Khedira. In fact, it was one of the reason Ozil left because first, Ancelotti wanted Isco over Khedira to be the third midfielder (a box_box mould) in the midfield whereas Ozil wasn't even a factor.

Unfortunately, Isco couldn't play that role and the less technical Khedira was quickly drafted into the line-ups and as soon as Ancelotti saw great improvement in the team, he continued with the line-ups with the hope that Bale would replace the awful Di Maria on the wing when fit which was always the case until Khedira got injured.. I followed Madrid throughout all this saga, so I know what I'm saying..

Khedira's injury paved way for a permanent role for Di Maria in the team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 11:49pm On Feb 18, 2017
elampiro:

You don't make sense.

You said Di Maria was playing awfully in November. So why was he not sold in January as you claim?

The injury to Kheidera almost considered with the return to the team by Alonso. So find another excuse. If Di Maria was awful as you claim, the coach would have played two man midfield, then play Isco behind Benzema.

Hello?

Alonso has the same role as Khedira? I can't believe I actually wasted my time arguing with an ignorant person as yourself!

Di Maria was awful on the wing until his move to the midfield which happened after Khedirai's injury! End of discussion! Only an ignorant person who hardly watched. Madrid but depends on stats would argue otherwise!

You can keep arguing with yourself!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:50pm On Feb 18, 2017
19 October Di Maria started against Malaga

23 Oct Di Maria played against Juventus

26 October Di Maria stated against Barcelona

On Oct 30th, Di Maria was rested.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:51pm On Feb 18, 2017

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:54pm On Feb 18, 2017

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:57pm On Feb 18, 2017
30th November, Di Maria, Alonso and Modric were all rested against Seville.

But Kagawa thinks Di Maria was dropped.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:01am On Feb 19, 2017
Nov 2 Di Maria was back to the starting line up after one match rest.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 12:05am On Feb 19, 2017
elampiro:
30th November, Di Maria, Alonso and Modric were all rested against Seville.

But Kagawa thinks Di Maria was dropped.

Alonso had been unfit for weeks prior to the Sevilla match and he didn't even play the Barca match. Modric on the other hand found it difficult to play Alonso role alongside Khedira, hence why Illaramendi had to be chosen over him in the deeplying no 6 role with Khedira as the "energizer".

I hardly take you serious because instead of you to admit you know nothing about a team or admit to never watching them play apart from the CL, you would keep bringing up stupid stat without knowing what happened to the team!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:15am On Feb 19, 2017
Kagawa10:

Alonso had been unfit for weeks prior to the Sevilla match and he didn't even play the Barca match. Modric on the other hand found it difficult to play Alonso role alongside Khedira, hence why Illaramendi had to be chosen over him in the deeplying no 6 role with Khedira as the "energizer".

I hardly take you serious because instead of you to admit you know nothing about a team or admit to never watching them play apart from the CL, you would keep bringing up stupid stat without knowing what happened to the team!

I have never taken you serious because you are just a sterotype.

Was it not me who told you Alonso just returned? Modric was also rested along Di Maria. The coach rested his key midfielders.

It was clear that Di Maria was over used in September and October. When there was a full house in November, the coach adopted a rotation system to allow some players to rest. But Di Maria still had much time because of who he was for the team.

For your information, after Kheidera left, Isco was opted into the rotation system. For instance, Isco started against Osasuna on 14th December whike Di Maria started the next match against Valencia away. Di Maria was probably given a rest against Osasuna ahead of Valencia.

You no know ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:24am On Feb 19, 2017

Against Malaga, Juventus and Barcelona,

Di Maria+ Modric + Kheidera were on the field, except Modric was was dropped against Malaga. But Kagawa10 would make us believe that Di Maria didn’t play when Kheidera was fit.

The truth is Di Maria played 90% plus matches Kheidera was fit. Di Maria getting into the team ahead of Modric, Khedira, Bale and Isco.

During that time, Di Maria was the most important player after Ronaldo. Bale only picked up towards the end of the season, particularly after scoring that solo goal.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 12:25am On Feb 19, 2017
elampiro:

I have never taken you serious because you are just a sterotype.

Was it not me who told you Alonso just returned? Modric was also rested along Di Maria. The coach rested his key midfielders.

It was clear that Di Maria was over used in September and October. When there was a full house in November, the coach adopted a rotation system to allow some players to rest. But Di Maria still had much time because of who he was for the team.

For your information, after Kheidera left, Isco was opted into the rotation system. For instance, Isco started against Osasuna on 14th December whike Di Maria started the next match against Valencia away. Di Maria was probably given a rest against Osasuna ahead of Valencia.

You no know ball.

If you had followed the discussion well, you would notice I already stated Isco was the first option before Khedira in the midfield at the start of the season but he couldn't play the energetic role. However, Ancelotti had no option than to go back to him once again after Khedira got injured.

This was one of my previous post.

Kagawa10:
The funny thing is Di Maria wasn't even considered as first choice in the position. Bale was often used as a SS but when Madrid midfield was becoming more vulnerable and with Bale often coming in and out of the squad due to his fitness, Isco was tried in the role however Isco couldn't muster enough energetic display like Khedira often does. It was after all these, Di Maria given a try in the said role.

The same Di maria whom Madrid considered selling off in January and he already met with PSG until luck smiled on him is what Elampiro wants me to believe he was fantastic throughout that season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:32am On Feb 19, 2017
Kagawa10:

If you had followed the discussion well, you would notice I already stated Isco was the first option before Khedira in the midfield at the start of the season but he couldn't play the energetic role. However, Ancelotti had no option than to go back to him once again after Khedira got injured.

This was one of my previous post.

Isco and Khedira actually started the very first match of the season with Di Maria on the bench. But from second match, Di Maria became the first starter in that midfield.

I have checked virtually all the matches from August to December. League and cup matches.

I need to go to bed now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 12:44am On Feb 19, 2017
elampiro:

Isco and Khedira actually started the very first match of the season with Di Maria on the bench. But from second match, Di Maria became the first starter in that midfield.

I have checked virtually all the matches from August to December. League and cup matches.

I need to go to bed now.

Ozil played as well. Doesn't mean anything.

Ancellotti tried everyone in their position in order to judge them himself. Ozil played as a no 10, Isco on the wing like he did at Malaga, Khedira in midfield etc.

But everyone and his dog already knows Ancelotti preference for a 3-man midfield and it wasn't long when he started to mould Isco into a box-box but when he couldn't, he had to settle on Khedira who's actually a natural in the said role although less technical than Isco..

Anyway, all I'm pointing to you is the fact that Di Maria was awful on the wing and everytime Bale was fit enough, he replaced Di Maria except for when Ronaldo had a suspension or played as a striker which was against Valladoid and Barca respectively. Afterwards, he was lucky to have a permanent space opened up for him in the midfield after Khedira got injured as well as Isco finding it it difficult to stake his claim.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:18am On Feb 19, 2017
KingJeremy:
U guys will quarrel well after the match tomorrow when Blackburn Bleep Man U. tongue Thank God my team won today cool

Just in case you didn't realize, your team is irrelevant.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 1:20am On Feb 19, 2017
elampiro:

So you think Kagawa10 is even making sense? Then you need to check yourself.

Kagawa10 said Di Maria was benched at the beginning of the season. When I proved him wrong, he said it was when Kheidera injured that Di Maria was used. Then I showed him Di Maria and Kheidera played together, then he brought the issue of Bale.

This was Di Maria who played when Modric was benched. Di Maria was selected in big UCL fixtures in group games and the knockout stages.
the fact is he was not all that good in his last season, the late season surge that culminated in the motm at the world Cup is what is making everything look good.
There's no new point to make about di Maria that I haven't already made many months ago.
You have fun with Mr kagawaw
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:44am On Feb 19, 2017
angry
What is this naaa..!!? Meh una give una sef senses naa
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:17am On Feb 19, 2017
cheesy grin Elampiro vs Kagawa10(Coogar vs Elamps)..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:20am On Feb 19, 2017
Odunharry:
19 FA Cup Blackburn Rovers A 16:15
22 UEFA Europa Saint-Etienne A 17:00
26 EFL Cup Southampton N 16:30

March 2017 04 Premier League
Bournemouth H 12:30
12 Premier League Southampton A 13:30
19 Premier League
Middlesbrough A 12:00

April 2017 01 Premier League
West Brom Albion H
04 Premier League Everton H
08 Premier League Sunderland A
15 Premier League Chelsea
Gradually..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 19, 2017
JayKayMaybachz:
angry
What is this naaa..!!? Meh una give una sef senses naa

Odunharry:
cheesy grin Elampiro vs Kagawa10(Coogar vs Elamps)..

grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:09am On Feb 19, 2017
GloryIsaac:

grin grin grin grin
It's getting stale and inconsequential.

Why not debate on something that concerns, than argue bout a player who now play for a different club. BTW, whats the benefit of this arguement!?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
“If Griezmann is within reach, why wouldn’t we take advantage and try to sign him, especially if our youngsters aren’t at the level we need?

“At United, there is always a lot of pressure to win the Premier League and the Champions League.”

- Paul Scholes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 12:12pm On Feb 19, 2017
Oh? even Paul Scholes is in support of us getting Antoine Griezmann and has also seen that our youngsters haven't really step up? shocked

well, I don't know what to say on this Griezmann issue until season ends.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 19, 2017
JayKayMaybachz:
It's getting stale and inconsequential.

Why not debate on something that concerns, than argue bout a player who now play for a different club. BTW, whats the benefit of this arguement!?

Technically speaking, there's no benefit other than feeding the ego of those involved sad ..... Maybe Di Maria made enemies during his time playing for us sad and they cant bear to see him succeed again especially in a competition we aint playing cheesy cheesy ........

On a more important issue, anyone noticed that we still have a chance of lifting treble this season grin grin grin

GGMU cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
Kagawa10:

Ozil played as well. Doesn't mean anything.

Ancellotti tried everyone in their position in order to judge them himself. Ozil played as a no 10, Isco on the wing like he did at Malaga, Khedira in midfield etc.

But everyone and his dog already knows Ancelotti preference for a 3-man midfield and it wasn't long when he started to mould Isco into a box-box but when he couldn't, he had to settle on Khedira who's actually a natural in the said role although less technical than Isco..

Anyway, all I'm pointing to you is the fact that Di Maria was awful on the wing and everytime Bale was fit enough, he replaced Di Maria except for when Ronaldo had a suspension or played as a striker which was against Valladoid and Barca respectively. Afterwards, he was lucky to have a permanent space opened up for him in the midfield after Khedira got injured as well as Isco finding it it difficult to stake his claim.

In the face of evidence, you refuse to give up. Na wao!

Try and review Madrid matches 2013/2014 from August to December, you will see the truth yourself. Apart from the defenders, Ronaldo and Benzema, Di Maria got into that team (starting line up) ahead of everyone else. The only two people who got Madrid going at the time were Ronaldo and Di Maria.

Di Maria did not depend on absence of Bale, Khedira, Modric, Isco, etc to get into the starting line up. Modric and Bale finally cemented their place in the starting line up in the second half of the season.

When we first had this argument sometime ago, you said Di Maria was benched by Ancelotti in the first half of the season. You even said a similar thing when this argument started, that Alonso - Modric - Khedira were used until Khedira got injured in November ending before Di Maria had his starting place. But I have been able to prove to you that Di Maria got into the starting line up ahead of these guys during that time Khedira was playing (Aug-Nov).

You then brought the issue of Bale, but you failed to realize that Bale did not settle until late in the season. People were even saying waste of money. So Di Maria also justifiably ahead of Bale (by merit). Remember Bale came at a record fee to play in the wing. That meant Di Maria would be automaticlaly out and sold, but it was Ozil whose position was not threatened who was sold. That tells you how important Di Maria was.

It is high time you admited you were wrong on Di Maria.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
"I'm going to change a few players obviously but I'm going with a good team because I respect the competition a lot.

"If I lose, I lose because the opponent was better or because we didn’t play well, but I’m not going to throw it away. I go to Blackburn with respect.

"We’ve played already Reading and Wigan from the Championship so it's not new for us, the level of the Championship, the difficulty of the Championship. The lower league teams are getting better and better and better. And the fact we're away this time means I will go serious into this game.

"Manchester United demands that you go serious to every game."

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:17pm On Feb 19, 2017
PietroRico:
the fact is he was not all that good in his last season, the late season surge that culminated in the motm at the world Cup is what is making everything look good.

If Di Maria wasn't that good, he wouldn't have gotten into the team ahead of the rest midfielders and forwards, apart from CR7 and Benzema. I watched Madrid matches from when CR7 joined like it was my team. It's after 2015 I have not followed Madrid much.

Di Maria only had a low second season in terms of stats, but he was still very good. But both stats and all round performance went for Di Maria in his first and third season Madrid.

PietroRico:

There's no new point to make about di Maria that I haven't already made many months ago.
You have fun with Mr kagawaw

I don’t see any valid point you have made. You keep talking about late season surge. If he was poor, how did he always get into starting line up (90%) in a team where competition for places were high. During that early season, Di Maria kept starting while Bale, Modric, Isco, etc were rotating on the bench.

If the Di Maria was poor as you people said, it was he who should have been sold when Bale arrived, not Ozil. But Ozil who was not even a winger was sold on arrival of a winger.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 2:35pm On Feb 19, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Technically speaking, there's no benefit other than feeding the ego of those involved sad ..... Maybe Di Maria made enemies during his time playing for us sad and they cant bear to see him succeed again especially in a competition we aint playing cheesy cheesy ........

On a more important issue, anyone noticed that we still have a chance of lifting treble this season grin grin grin

GGMU cool

Bro it's possible

If we get pass Blackburn today and St Etienne on Wednesday.. We fvcking close
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2017
For those who think Di Maria is a fluke. Despite playing only half of the time (minutes and number of games) of Ozil, due to injuries that season, Di Maria had 15 Assists. Only two short of Ozil who was the number 10. Di Maria scored more goals.

2012/2013
Di Maria 1351 minutes = 5 goals 15 Assists
Ozil.... 2591 minutes = 4 goals 17 Assists

Yet Ozil was the number 10

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:01pm On Feb 19, 2017
In his final season Di Maria topped Laliga Assists with 17 Assists, 4 goals in 2384 minutes (less than the time Ozil took to reach the figure the previous season). Di Maria was playing mostly from midfield producing some of the greatest counter attacking football has ever seen.

Here I used Opta Assists, which exclude Assists from rebound or deflected pass. All hail Di Maria.

Even when at United, he came second in EPL Assists behind Fabregas despite rarely used by Van Gaal.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3809) (3810) (3811) (3812) (3813) (3814) (3815) ... (14180) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: CrystalTiger(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.