Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,064 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8730772 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4212) (4213) (4214) (4215) (4216) (4217) (4218) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:41pm On Jun 27, 2017
Leyqute:
I'd be more than disappointed if we eventually buy Matic, even if it's only to warm the bench.
like a nightmare to me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
50mill for dier or 40mill for Matic.
be like na our option be that.
I remember Jose benching matic die for him last season with Chelsea and person just talk the same thing for cfc thread.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:01pm On Jun 27, 2017
ChristineC:
theres talk of Fabinho already done even the player has been vocal lately, concrete enquiries about one Raja Naigollan (who's he?), then suddenly a Matic pops up.

if it's the Matic I know he may not even make the bench, I was like "ok premier league experience not so bad" but when I saw £40m I was like
I didn't want to talk until I saw on goal.com he is expected to do his medicals soon. I just vowed to stop reading that blog. 40m for Matic? Come on some people are really having a laugh over this. Is it not better we buy that Van Beek about what is the name of the player Kagawa10 has been singing since than spending 40m on a player that Chelshit can't wait to offload.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 2:26pm On Jun 27, 2017
maybe Matic is the 'surprise' that Jose Mourinho was talking about.

ROTFLMAO. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2017
SIRcumalot:
50mill for dier or 40mill for Matic.
be like na our option be that.
I remember Jose benching matic die for him last season with Chelsea and person just talk the same thing for cfc thread.

You forgot the time Mou put him on at half time against Southampton and removed him less than 30 minutes later. This, coupled with the benching clearly shows Mou had and has no faith in him.

Why the hell then would he be willing to fork 40m quids for that same bloke? The rumours are plain stupid! Even Skysports has bought into the hype, quoting other papers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
JayKayMaybachz:
like a nightmare to me

Seriously. The transfer defies logic as concerns United's transfer dealings. Age, status, reputation, skills, everything. We don't buy players on the decline.

If Mou eventually signs him the thunder wey go fire him go come directly from Sango's furious mouth!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 3:51pm On Jun 27, 2017
Danhumprey:
maybe Matic is the 'surprise' that Jose Mourinho was talking about.

ROTFLMAO. grin grin grin grin

grin grin

Forget that am laughing... It's not funny o!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
Leyqute:

Seriously. The transfer defies logic as concerns United's transfer dealings. Age, status, reputation, skills, everything. We don't buy players on the decline.

If Mou eventually signs him the thunder wey go fire him go come directly from Sango's furious mouth!
Bro.. Aint feeling that rumour. We aint signing that guy. I feel so down reading the news
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2017
The player I am almost at the point of hating is joining and causing meltdown of the fanbase of my most despised club

Bigger joy than when CFC won the UCL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
JayKayMaybachz:
Bro.. Aint feeling that rumour. We aint signing that guy. I feel so down reading the news

It's pathetic. Those media houses are peddling rumors just to sell papers, and anything Man Utd sells, even when they know it's illogical and untrue.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 6:53pm On Jun 27, 2017
If we buy matic for that quoted sum, I'm going to bed reciting #joseout to my self 10 times every night, for the first 6 months

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:00pm On Jun 27, 2017
Leyqute:

It's pathetic. Those media houses are peddling rumors just to sell papers, and anything Man Utd sells, even when they know it's illogical and untrue.
You dey mind dem??

Especially goal.com, dailyfail, dailysun etc.

I noh dey read shiit from dia site
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:31pm On Jun 27, 2017
This is the 3rd time I'd be reading this sort of fake WhatsApp convo between players but this is best amongst the lot I've read so far on Mirror Football. I laughed so hard at the "Demba Ba" part. LMFAO. grin grin

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/steven-gerrard-elhadji-diouf-fight-10696846

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sharpboyus(m): 7:51pm On Jun 27, 2017
Zlatan Ibrahimovic could make a sensational return to La Liga in January – Dream Team FC

http://footballnewspapers.com/zlatan-ibrahimovic-could-make-a-sensational-return-to-la-liga-in-january-dream-team-fc/
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:24pm On Jun 27, 2017
In the checklist of an ideal Manchester United signing, Premier League-proven would usually be considered a positive asset.
But in the case of Nemanja Matic , it's been translated into slow, immobile and defensive. A common phrase used to describe his signing by United fans has been 'underwhelming'.
It's difficult to get excited about a defensive midfielder, especially one that has had to have his departure sanctioned by one of the club's domestic rivals.

In essence, he's not a sexy signing to rival the likes of James Rodriguez, Cristiano Ronaldo or the Fabinho, who have both been tenuously linked in the gossip columns.
His name does not even live up to last year's recruitments, when Paul Pogba, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Zlatan Ibrahimovic all arrived to great pomp and ceremony after eye-catching displays on the continent.
But while Matic may not top the shirt sales charts, he could have a big impact on the field at Old Trafford. There are understandable concerns about the fee, £35m for a 28-year-old, but he has won two Premier League titles in three years.
Accusations that his best season was in 2014-15 are encouraging, given that was the Serbian's last full season working with Jose Mourinho.
The Portuguese rectified the previous regime's error in selling Matic to Benfica by bringing him back to Stamford Bridge in January 2014, when he was promptly awarded Man of the Match in his first start.
In 2014/15 he made the PFA Team of the Year as Chelsea won the league.
The system United played last season would suit the midfielder's game, and it is no surprise that Mourinho is keen to reunite with a player who thrived under his management.
Last season, Matic was a key figure in another Premier League winning side and it was Cesc Fabregas who struggled to make an impact. It is rare to win two titles in non-successive seasons, especially when chalking up 35 league games each season.
Since returning to England in January 2014, Matic has made more tackles and interceptions than anyone else in the country's top division.

His talent in that area would free up Paul Pogba and Ander Herrera to do their damage further forward as well as adding strength to a clear area of need in the squad.
Michael Carrick has been given a new deal, but only for 12 months and is likely to see his game time significantly reduced. Morgan Schneiderlin and Bastian Schweinsteiger are yet to be replaced.
Matic has the ability to add steel and bite to central midfield, allowing others to provide the silk.
He may not be a regular goalscorer, although Tottenham are unlikely to forget his latest Wembley effort in the FA Cup semi-finals. Matic's signing could indirectly lead to a welcome increase in the United goals scored column by launching attacks after winning the ball in midfield, and allowing others to flourish in a more advanced role.

Manchester evening news
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:28pm On Jun 27, 2017
lekkie073:
In the checklist of an ideal Manchester United signing, Premier League-proven would usually be considered a positive asset.
But in the case of Nemanja Matic , it's been translated into slow, immobile and defensive. A common phrase used to describe his signing by United fans has been 'underwhelming'.
It's difficult to get excited about a defensive midfielder, especially one that has had to have his departure sanctioned by one of the club's domestic rivals.

In essence, he's not a sexy signing to rival the likes of James Rodriguez, Cristiano Ronaldo or the Fabinho, who have both been tenuously linked in the gossip columns.
His name does not even live up to last year's recruitments, when Paul Pogba, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Zlatan Ibrahimovic all arrived to great pomp and ceremony after eye-catching displays on the continent.
But while Matic may not top the shirt sales charts, he could have a big impact on the field at Old Trafford. There are understandable concerns about the fee, £35m for a 28-year-old, but he has won two Premier League titles in three years.
Accusations that his best season was in 2014-15 are encouraging, given that was the Serbian's last full season working with Jose Mourinho.
The Portuguese rectified the previous regime's error in selling Matic to Benfica by bringing him back to Stamford Bridge in January 2014, when he was promptly awarded Man of the Match in his first start.
The system United played last season would suit the midfielder's game, and it is no surprise that Mourinho is keen to reunite with a player who thrived under his management.
Last season, Matic was a key figure in another Premier League winning side and it was Cesc Fabregas who struggled to make an impact. It is rare to win two titles in non-successive seasons, especially when chalking up 35 league games each season.
Since returning to England in January 2014, Matic has made more tackles and interceptions than anyone else in the country's top division.

His talent in that area would free up Paul Pogba and Ander Herrera to do their damage further forward as well as adding strength to a clear area of need in the squad.
Michael Carrick has been given a new deal, but only for 12 months and is likely to see his game time significantly reduced. Morgan Schneiderlin and Bastian Schweinsteiger are yet to be replaced.
Matic has the ability to add steel and bite to central midfield, allowing others to provide the silk.
He may not be a regular goalscorer, although Tottenham are unlikely to forget his latest Wembley effort in the FA Cup semi-finals. Matic's signing could indirectly lead to a welcome increase in the United goals scored column by launching attacks after winning the ball in midfield, and allowing others to flourish in a more advanced role.

Manchester evening news
Fvck Them
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:34pm On Jun 27, 2017
lekkie073:

Manchester evening news

This is poo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:42pm On Jun 27, 2017
Leyqute:

You forgot the time Mou put him on at half time against Southampton and removed him less than 30 minutes later. This, coupled with the benching clearly shows Mou had and has no faith in him.

Why the hell then would he be willing to fork 40m quids for that same bloke? The rumours are plain stupid! Even Skysports has bought into the hype, quoting other papers.
problem is,i don't think it is a rumour.
make we sha dey look.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2017
eph12:

I didn't want to talk until I saw on goal.com he is expected to do his medicals soon. I just vowed to stop reading that blog. 40m for Matic? Come on some people are really having a laugh over this. Is it not better we buy that Van Beek about what is the name of the player Kagawa10 has been singing since than spending 40m on a player that Chelshit can't wait to offload.
if it so happens that nobody is signed for midfield as it stands, Nemanja Matic will not even add anything new. there is another Serbian midfielder in the Italian league, as tall, 5 years younger, good agility and smarter on the ball if it must be a Serbian.

bros it's better they donate that fund to Buhari's recovery or just drop it in my akkant let me invest. they can come and collect it back after 7 years with interest.
Nemanja Matic ko Sledge Hammer ni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:36pm On Jun 27, 2017
ChristineC:
if it so happens that nobody is signed for midfield as it stands, Nemanja Matic will not even add anything new. there is another Serbian midfielder in the Italian league, as tall, 5 years younger, good agility and smarter on the ball if it must be a Serbian.

bros it's better they donate that fund to Buhari's recovery or just drop it in my akkant let me invest. they can come and collect it back after 7 years with interest.
Nemanja Matic ko Sledge Hammer ni

grin

Savage!

Are you really a Lady?! I seriously beginning to doubt your Gender on this Forum.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:59pm On Jun 27, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

Savage!

Are you really a Lady?! I seriously beginning to doubt your Gender on this Forum.
bhet eesit ya savage?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:15pm On Jun 27, 2017
ChristineC:
bhet eesit ya savage?

grin

Seriously it's so funny majority of us do not want Matic near the Team, but what are we gonna do if he's signed?!

Quit Nairaland, Port to another Club?! Call on the Board to sack JM?! LOL!

I think we just have to respect the Manager's Decision, and also hope we are signing the Matic of 2014/2015 Season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:30pm On Jun 27, 2017
Oasis007:
grin

Seriously it's so funny majority of us do not want Matic near the Team, but what are we gonna do if he's signed?!

Quit Nairaland, Port to another Club?! Call on the Board to sack JM?! LOL!

I think we just have to respect the Manager's Decision, and also hope we are signing the Matic of 2014/2015 Season.
I can tell you that nobody will bid more than £18m for Nemanja Matic even if Jose Mourinho wants to act a little silly.
these men need suitors because they are about to take a massive loss on Diego Costa already so they can throw in some club name they feel will give them some attention plus some ridiculous money YIMU.

anyway you look at it, there's no sense in such news. three defensive midfielders incoming, are they buying bodyguards?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:36pm On Jun 27, 2017
ChristineC:
I can tell you that nobody will bid more than £18m for Nemanja Matic even if Jose Mourinho wants to act a little silly.
these men need suitors because they are about to take a massive loss on Diego Costa already so they can throw in some club name they feel will give them some attention plus some ridiculous money YIMU.

anyway you look at it, there's no sense in such news. three defensive midfielders incoming, are they buying bodyguards?

grin

I pray it remains a Rumor too, but if it turns out to be REAL - I'm sure United ain't gonna pay more than £20m for his Service.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 7:46am On Jun 28, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

I pray it remains a Rumor too, but if it turns out to be REAL - I'm sure United ain't gonna pay more than £20m for his Service.
dis one don pass rumoura. but if u all insist it is rumour, then even morata coming too is rumour. after all none has been confirmed by the club officially.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:48am On Jun 28, 2017
lekkie073:
dis one don pass rumoura. but if u all insist it is rumour, then even morata coming too is rumour. after all none has been confirmed by the club officially.

grin

Of course! In fact the Rumor on Morata' s Transfer to United is gradually dying a natural Death.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:35am On Jun 28, 2017
One day, someone with enough time on their hands - a whole football-less summer, perhaps - will plot some sort of infographic using all the transfer speculation and discover that, conveniently, every elite player has at some point been linked with every elite club.

The 99% of guesswork and wishful thinking might be obscuring the 1% of faithful journalism, but that’s precisely the shifting sands upon which transfer silly season is built.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/a49ee814-9530-47c2-bf40-2b10b4931e21
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:55am On Jun 28, 2017
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:57am On Jun 28, 2017
Looks like Morata is back early from his HONEYMOON! To push through the deal ....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:59am On Jun 28, 2017
cry

The Guardian‘s Jamie Jackson reported on Monday that Tiemoue Bakayoko’s arrival at Stamford Bridge has paved the way for Matic, signed by Mourinho in 2014, to join Man United for a reported fee of £40m.

Fabinho, however, remains at the forefront of several reports, with Gianluca Di Marzio claiming that talks are underway ahead of a potential €50m deal.

And according to the Independent’s Jack Pitt-Brooke, Mourinho will continue to move for the Brazilian to accompany Matic next season.

The Portuguese is wise to move for two midfielders. Michael Carrick may be hanging around for another year but will turn 36 next season and Mourinho will be keen on using Matic as his primary holding midfielder.

Fabinho, on the other hand, can share the load with Ander Herrera, offering a more direct, Patrick Viera-eque kind of approach, roaming forward and threading through passes – as he did so wonderfully with Kylian Mbappe last year – whilst also serving as an option at right back.

Supporters ought to be incredibly excited at the prospect of signing two midfielders at the top of their game. He is certainly not messing around this summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 10:00am On Jun 28, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

Of course! In fact the Rumor on Morata' s Transfer to United is gradually dying a natural Death.
its not dying yet....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:06am On Jun 28, 2017
lekkie073:
its not dying yet....
The guy don cut him honeymoon sef. Utd are leaving for preseason by 9th of July or so. And Mou said he wanted all his targets signed before preseason ... So let's see what will happen from next week

(1) (2) (3) ... (4212) (4213) (4214) (4215) (4216) (4217) (4218) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Baldg and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.