Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8742367 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4589) (4590) (4591) (4592) (4593) (4594) (4595) ... (14155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dantedasz(m): 10:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
CapitalCee:

Nobody is even talking about the 0-0 draw we got away to Barcelona in 2008 when fergie went for a draw and got it, and at home, immediately Scholes scored he closed shop. Why do we have shot memories, if Ferguson had avoided and open game at city in 2011 and hadn't lost 6-1 we wouldn't have lost that 2012 league on GD. Abeg make people calm down joor. It seems most people here started watching football recently.

Very true again.
They forgot our style of play under Moyes and Van Gaal because they have issues with Jose.
Fergie as a proponent of throwing the kitchen sink at certain opposition was also very very cautious Against top opposition teams.
Mourinho did very well today with his tactics that got us a valuable point and I am sure if Lukaku had put that one chance he played into Mignolets hands into the net,the fair weather fans would have been singing a different tune by now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 10:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
Leyqute:

It's one thing to defend well and attack nicely when it's time to attack. It's another thing to throw attack out the window and defend for almost the whole duration of a game.

These are the match stats for Chelsea vs Inter in 2010 and Liverpool v Man Utd today. Did you note any difference?

How can you win when you barely attack your opponent?

I don't know how he'll do it but Mou has to figure it out. He needs to set up his team such that there's a way to attack and defend well against top teams.
Oga mi Chelsea had lost the first leg, and are chasing the game at this point, that is a knock-out game, they don't want inter to get an away goal (which they did anyway through Etoo) so even Chelsea themselves are cautious too. I watched the game full. Inter Packed a decker bus all through that 2nd leg game. How about the semifinals versus Barca and final vs Bayern,?they even met Barcelona at group stage and needed a draw to go through to the next round, mourinho again achieved his landmark 0-0 draw to qualify and won the whole thing.
If mourinho was managing Chile,they would have drawn Brazil and qualified for world cup. Result is what management needs not AY Shows.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dantedasz(m): 10:43pm On Oct 14, 2017
pharod:

My statement has nothing to do with wherever we finish this season. U said Mourinho took us to the summit last season and I only reminded you that we finished 6th on the log.
If we win the league or finish 10th, e no get as e take concern my statement cos I was only being sarcastic of your use of the word 'summit'..

I have nothing more to say to you if you choose to spin my post to suit yourself.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 10:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
Leyqute:

Don't get it twisted. What we played today is not the same as what those teams play. ]Even whenever Fergie defends, you still see that blistering attack from time to time.] The transition from defense to attack was instantaneous. How did we become a fantastic counter attacking team then?

Nobody will bat an eyelid if that's the case. We will even barely notice the emphasis on defense as long as we win.

The thing is Mou should find tactics and ways of breaking top teams down, not play for a draw and hope for a win.
Guy I no gree, go and watch Liverpool vs Man United 3/3/07 no attack from time to time all Defensive, Barcelona versus man United 2008 semifinals. That is the greatest pack the bus game I have seen in our history. So leave matter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:47pm On Oct 14, 2017
CapitalCee:

Guy I no gree, go and watch Liverpool vs Man United 3/3/07 no attack from time to time all Defensive, Barcelona versus man United 2008 semifinals. That is the greatest pack the bus game I have seen in our history. So leave matter

In your opinion, Southampton and this current Liverpool are the new Barcelona?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dantedasz(m): 10:47pm On Oct 14, 2017
CapitalCee:

Leave them.
Most of them have their hidden agenda.
Hate Jose all you want but at this critical time learn to support the colours.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:53pm On Oct 14, 2017
CapitalCee:
Oga mi Chelsea had lost the first leg, and are chasing the game at this point, that is a knock-out game, they don't want inter to get an away goal (which they did anyway through Etoo) so even Chelsea themselves are cautious too. I watched the game full. Inter Packed a decker bus all through that 2nd leg game. How about the semifinals versus Barca and final vs Bayern,?they even met Barcelona at group stage and needed a draw to go through to the next round, mourinho again achieved his landmark 0-0 draw to qualify and won the whole thing.
If mourinho was managing Chile,they would have drawn Brazil and qualified for world cup. Result is what management needs not AY Shows.

Do those stats I posted depict a team that's parking a "decker" bus like you said? I don't know how you watched the game though.

This is Man Utd's stats against Barcelona at the UCL semis in 2008. Look at the possession and compare.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 10:56pm On Oct 14, 2017
Leyqute:

That Barcelona team that Fergie packed the bus against is a very useless team. They finished 3rd in Laliga 18 points behind useless Bernd Schuster Madrid that is one of the worst Madrid teams I have seen in my life, and 10 points behind Villarreal. They only qualified for that semifinals by beating Celtic and stuggart in the preceding rounds. This current Liverpool team will destroy that Barca team home and away
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:02pm On Oct 14, 2017
Leyqute:

Do those stats I posted depict a team that's parking a "decker" bus like you said? I don't know how you watched the game though.

This is Man Utd's stats against Barcelona at the UCL semis in 2008. Look at the possession and compare.

You posted a home match that United won 1-0. Haba a home match for God's sake. Fergie played a home match with 37% possession against the opponents 62 % and you said it's not pack the bus? Fear God ooo , how many matches have seen Jose park the bus at home since he came to United
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:05pm On Oct 14, 2017
Dantedasz:

Leave them.
Most of them have their hidden agenda.
Hate Jose all you want but at this critical time learn to support the colours.

Leave them most of them don't really hate Jose, they just jump the band wagon of " Jose packs the bus" without analysing it with reality
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dantedasz(m): 11:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
CapitalCee:

Leave them most of them don't really hate Jose, they just jump the band wagon of " Jose packs the bus" without analysing it with reality

Whatever the reason,Jose appears to be the issue why a fan will continue to grumble about a club he/she claims to support.
I just try to quote some of them so that at the end of the season when they start their double speak,we can see them for their true colours.
Some of them criticized Jose last season when he decided to focus on the Europa but immediately We tactically defeated Ajax,they started screaming Champions league baby!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
Dantedasz:

Whatever the reason,Jose appears to be the issue why a fan will continue to grumble about a club he/she claims to support.
I just try to quote some of them so that at the end of the season when they start their double speak,we can see them for their true colours.
Some of them criticized Jose last season when he decided to focus on the Europa but immediately We tactically defeated Ajax,they started screaming Champions league baby!

Those shouting Fergie !!! Fergie upandan. This is the statistics for our first leg against one of the worst Barca teams in recent history. With players like Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Scholes, Gigga, and peak Michael Carrick.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 11:24pm On Oct 14, 2017
United have only failed to win twice in the Premier League this season; they are the only two games Herrera has started.

#fact

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dantedasz(m): 11:31pm On Oct 14, 2017
CapitalCee:

Those shouting Fergie !!! Fergie upandan. This is the statistics for our first leg against one of the worst Barca teams in recent history. With players like Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Scholes, Gigga, and peak Michael Carrick.

Bros,
Thank you for exposing the falsehood.
I remember that Fergie used to throw the kitchen sink at lesser teams in order to force a victory but against the top teams he was restrained and very cautious and tried to sneak a win.
Jose did the same thing today and instead of being positive for a valuable draw against our most bitter rivals on their home turf so called fans are here lamenting as if we lost the match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:53pm On Oct 14, 2017
CapitalCee:

You posted a home match that United won 1-0. Haba a home match for God's sake. Fergie played a home match with 37% possession against the opponents 62 % and you said it's not pack the bus? Fear God ooo , how many matches have seen Jose park the bus at home since he came to United

FYI, I was talking about the Inter-Chelsea match, not Fergie's against Barcelona.

Having said that, I don't think you understand what my point and position is/have been saying all these while.

Against top teams (Madrid, Barcelona etc), for me, it's okay to defend well and create several chances to attack as well, not just submit the game to them. If we defend well and create enough chances to have shots on target we'll win these top teams.

What Mourinho has done (this season), is overly defend against Southampton and to some extent Everton (non-elite teams). If these sides had any quality strikers they would have made us pay dearly for ceding everything to them.

When you give your opponent the ball and refuse to threaten them with shots on target etc, you fuel their confidence and they'll think they can beat you. If they have decent strikers they'll likely score.

We approached Arsenal the same way last season. We played woefully and were well beaten. That's unacceptable to me. It's the same way we approached the match against Real Madrid in the Supercup- and if we created enough chances but still lose I'd be okay with the thought that we put up a fight at least.

Funny enough, I rate the Liverpool game better than So'ton's. We defended better but we all know if Mané played we might not be having this conversation. In return, we just refused to trouble their defense.

Considering the fact that this same L'pool's side have shipped an average of two goals per match you can't but wonder what would've happened if the tactics or game plan was structured to allow Martial or Rashford run riot against L'Pool's full backs.

But let's kill this issue, bossman. I've said enough on this matter already. It's not compulsory we all agree with the manager's tactics. Even Moyes, as woeful as he was, had some backers here on this thread.

I don't know where Mou is taking this squad to but as long as we keep winning I'm happy, you're happy, everybody's happy.

UCL next. Let's win our next two matches and get ready for 2nd round.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:54pm On Oct 14, 2017
lekkie073:
United have only failed to win twice in the Premier League this season; they are the only two games Herrera has started.

#fact

That's just bad belle. Haba. Cut the guy some slack.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 12:27am On Oct 15, 2017
Smh!

Shocked some people can support this eyesore of a performance.
I remember Fergie defending, but only to counter.

He did this against Arsenal severally.

Any honest person would admit this performance today was shitt! I mean we had just a shot on target vs 'liverpool'. Not the Gerrard era Liverpool, but this very average side.

Be sincere, when was the last time you enjoyed a big united match?
Last season, our match vs Liverpool and several others was just as drab!

There's no way you can become an era defining team when you can't even come out to play vs mid strength teams.

I was really furious after the match because it was an embarrassing performance.

Some keep saying Fergie parked the bus vs Barcelona, as if Liverpool is Barca.
Barca might have been in crisis during that period, but that has never affected their ability to dominate a match from start to finish, especially United of around 2008 that couldn't survive against any team that could hold possession.
Was it not almost the same set of players which became destructive the following year with Guardiola?

Comparing this present Liverpool to that team is just hilarious!

I also see People talking of United parking the bus against Liverpool in 07 or so.
If you compare Benitez' Liverpool which was feared in Europe to the pussy cats masquerading as reds under Klopp, you have a problem.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 12:35am On Oct 15, 2017
lekkie073:

#fact
Huh really?(touches chin)
Then ladies and gentlemen...Ander Herrera is the cause of all these park the bus draws grin angry grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 3:23am On Oct 15, 2017
Leyqute:

That's just bad belle. Haba. Cut the guy some slack.
I am not bad belle-ing joor.
its just part of the team stats grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 5:26am On Oct 15, 2017
sodiq,
Don't even bother to respond.
At least you managed to keep your post short without using the words "Scummie" and "lunatic" and without also making your customary grammatical blunders.
You're improving. The war to redeem you from imbec1lity is going to belong but worth it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 5:27am On Oct 15, 2017
Leyqute:

That's hilarious. grin Those guys sure know how to troll.
augi
Have you read the Book of Kop?

I read a portion here posted by joeace2020.
I could almost say I farted while laughing.
Some of the references were so insane.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 5:52am On Oct 15, 2017
I pity all this ones. Mourinho is a fraud and Man Utd wont win shittttt. That was how United went 25 matches unbeaten last season but still finished 6th.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 5:56am On Oct 15, 2017
CapitalCee:

I referenced that Liverpool game earlier.
That goal was from our only attempt at goal if my memory is correct.
In stoppage time. BBC called that game a "smash and grab".
Trust me we were sh1tthat day.

Yesterday we were without some key players. At a ground where we normally struggle even when we win. Even in 07/08 when Tevez scored the winner from another set piece, they outplayed us with Ronaldo,Rooney and co.For goodness sake, I think some of us are overreacting again.

I'm no proponent of defensive play but really expecting three points at Anfield is usually a bonus. We have hardly been dominant over there. Even a few seasons ago, when Gerard got sent off, they still rallied to reduce the deficit while short of a man

Please let's bury the angst. As much as I'm no fan of Jose, the reality is that he is his own coach/manager. For those Eulogizing Fergie (with good reason I must add),he's been gone for four years, and by now we should know what we signed up for in Jose. I'm not excusing the displays but the harsh reality is that we should expect more of the same for a time to come as long as he's in charge cus he's never going to change a pattern that has worked for him over the years.Notfor me, you, fans, management or anybody.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 6:00am On Oct 15, 2017
Neymar1095:
I pity all this ones. Mourinho is a fraud and Man Utd wont win shittttt. That was how United went 25 matches unbeaten last season but still finished 6th.
We have heard you.
Now go and be useful to someone/something for once in your life.
At least prove that the effort of your father in depositing the sem€n that brought you forth as well as your mother who carried you for 65 months in her rectum was worth it,for once.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 6:06am On Oct 15, 2017
Liverpool once rallied from three down at Anfield against us with a sh1ttier team than ours.
Under Fergie.
Let that sink in.
Those who don't know the history of this fixture think that our overall success in the premier league era translates to three points automatically at Anfield. Even when we win we tend to look somewhat fortunate in coming away with victory.
Jamie Carragher once score TWO own goals in a 3-2 win. Under Fergie.
Jerzy Dudek gifted Diego Forlan a late winner with a goalkeeping howler. Under Fergie.
Just saying.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 6:26am On Oct 15, 2017
hoopLA:

We have heard you.
Now go and be useful to someone/something for once in your life.
At least prove that the effort of your father in depositing the sem€n that brought you forth as well as your mother who carried you for 65 months in her rectum was worth it,for once.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 6:27am On Oct 15, 2017
hoopLA:
Liverpool once rallied from three down at Anfield against us with a sh1ttier team than ours.
Under Fergie.
Let that sink in.
Those who don't know the history of this fixture think that our overall success in the premier league era translates to three points automatically at Anfield. Even when we win we tend to look somewhat fortunate in coming away with victory.
Jamie Carragher once score TWO own goals in a 3-2 win. Under Fergie.
Jerzy Dudek gifted Diego Forlan a late winner with a goalkeeping howler. Under Fergie.
Just saying.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 6:28am On Oct 15, 2017
Elxandre:
Smh!

I also see People talking of United parking the bus against Liverpool in 07 or so.
If you compare Benitez' Liverpool which was feared in Europe to the pussy cats masquerading as reds under Klopp, you have a problem.
Let me get this straight.
By inference, Jose's side of2017 is better than Fergie's side of 2007 and as such shouldn't defend against a rival that will always up their game even as rubbish as they've been.

Please clarify that part for me. Then maybe I'll understand your argument better.
Because if your answer is honestly yes, then I'll understand your point.
But if your answer is no, then let's forget about this argument and move forward.

Bros don't be fooled by Benitez's European exploits. That team of his was useless. Cup team extraordinaire. Wastemen like Babbel and some non-description Spainards full there. Only Gerard and a few were actually decent enough players. But as soon as United come visiting, they become something else. That has been Liverpool over the years.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 6:50am On Oct 15, 2017
CapitalCee:

Nobody is even talking about the 0-0 draw we got away to Barcelona in 2008 when fergie went for a draw and got it, and at home, immediately Scholes scored he closed shop. Why do we have shot memories, if Ferguson had avoided and open game at city in 2011 and hadn't lost 6-1 we wouldn't have lost that 2012 league on GD. Abeg make people calm down joor. It seems most people here started watching football recently.
They've even forgotten the Fulham match where we were at the mercy of Danny Murphy and Mousa Dembele, match wey make me carry stethoscope scatter for ground. You get time to argue o grin some of these my 'YouTube' highlights specialist go watch end of season highlights and cup lifting, forgetting how we got there grin a point against Liverpool and we complain, three points against Southampton and we complain, 4-0 wins and we complain we want 5-0, second on the summit with Christmas around the corner and we complain, some are challenging others to go to other clubs, some are trading their squad for Gabriel Jesús. Mehn if I didn't have a customary bottle of brandy with me yesterday Wetin I for type here for earn me ban grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 6:53am On Oct 15, 2017
lekkie073:

#fact
And Darmian grin
#double fact
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 7:08am On Oct 15, 2017
CapitalCee:

exactly,most peeps here have forgotten that 6 1 mauling which unfortunately lost us the title,asides From d goal difference,it gave man city such a morale boost to go into other games...
the comment that scattered my brain was some saying Liverpool isn't in form...for real? there are some kind of derby games that doesn't matter who's in form or not,its an entirely different game...I think Liverpool vs united is the bloodiest match in England...form doesn't play a role in this kind of game..what I would criticize is that the pool players were more physical than us..

the fact is that mourinho still won't b accepted my some people in Manu...just imagine getting a point at anfield,see the attacks on him as if they know jack about management,I guess you're right,most of em just started following the game recently
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 7:09am On Oct 15, 2017
Leyqute:

Oga Leyqute calm down. Yes because of Mourinho's history, everyone will be going hands in the air because of our defensive display yesterday, but the truth is he used to set up against big teams like this all through his career, teams even in the caliber of a not so good Liverpool. For Mourinho, the bigger picture is more than fantastic football with strings of losses or draws which is why we all laugh at Liverpool today. They play exciting attacking football but one of the poorest defense of the top 6. Now do you go toe to toe against a team everyone knows turns up against the big boys but are pussies against the average teams. Definitely No! At the end of the season, we will be here again with Mourinho lifting another trophy or two and Liverpool looking towards another year. Look at the big picture man. I swore for Mourinho yesterday but i am not fickle enough to realize SAF won many titles playing some of the saddest football just to get those points on board and get us challenging end of season. Except many of us have short term memories, i may have to pull out YouTube videos as reminders if i can find them. I am even suprised you are angry about our play. It was here all of us were complaining that we would have been top 4 or challenging for the title last season if we could get a few draws n wins against the top 6 but destroy the small teams and get the points which frankly is what we are doing this year.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4589) (4590) (4591) (4592) (4593) (4594) (4595) ... (14155) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.