Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,388 members, 7,822,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4764) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8755908 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4761) (4762) (4763) (4764) (4765) (4766) (4767) ... (14158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:54pm On Nov 24, 2017
Leyqute:

Can you ask Mourinho if Luke Shaw will be given some playing time tomorrow? cheesy

grin

Shaw is a Work in Progress. He's gonna get his Chances starting from December, but it's left for him to grasp it or get sold in the Summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:58pm On Nov 24, 2017
"[Shaw] wants to learn how to defend, so the best manager for him is Jose Mourinho. He's one of the best defensive coaches in the world.

"Is Shaw doing everything right to get a spot? He cannot get a spot in a Carabao Cup or Champions League team, when he changes five or six players, so actually I think the penny needs to drop for Luke Shaw."

- PHIL NEVILLE
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:07pm On Nov 24, 2017
ANDREAS PERREIRA STARTING TO SHINE.

Jose Mourinho might not have agreed with it, but Andreas Pereira's loan is paying dividends.....

Pereira has played an important part. He has made 10 appearances in La Liga - five starts and five substitute appearances - and has scored once and made three assists.

While at Granada last season he largely played in a No 10 role behind the striker, at Valencia he has played on either the left or right side of Marcelino's favoured 4-4-2 formation.

Pereira should also take some of the credit as he has started to express himself more on the pitch. There have been stepovers, cutbacks, bursts down the wings and, most of all, excellent crosses for Zaza and Rodrigo to profit from.

Interestingly, Pereira has at times been keeping reported Manchester United target Carlos Soler out of the starting line-up. While Soler is technically excellent on the ball, earning comparisons to former Valencia midfielders David Silva and Juan Mata, Pereira is more of a natural winger, happy to take off down the sideline himself rather than wait for an overlapping run from a full-back.

Excerpt from the Story, the Link below provides the full Gist.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11837/11137142/andreas-pereira-why-man-utd-youngster-is-flourishing-at-valencia

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:09pm On Nov 24, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

Shaw is a Work in Progress. He's gonna get his Chances starting from December, but it's left for him to grasp it or get sold in the Summer.

I have a feeling Shaw would leave, go out there and become a beast. Then everyone would want to buy him and we'll start cussimg Mourinho for not giving him enough chances at Utd.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 3:11pm On Nov 24, 2017
Neymar1095:
Balloon for 2018 Race update!

Neymar junior..............App:14 Goals: 13 Assists
:8......21goals contribution in 14matches.

Messi............. App:19: Goals:16
Assists:3.........19goals contribution in 19matches

Ronaldo.......... App:15 Goals:10
Assists:3..........13goals contribution in
15matches.

Baloon for 2018..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:13pm On Nov 24, 2017
Leyqute:

I have a feeling Shaw would leave, go out there and become a beast. Then everyone would want to buy him and we'll start cussimg Mourinho for not giving him enough chances at Utd.

Seriously I do not want him sold, rather he should be allowed to develop on his Flaws. He's still young, hence has room for improvement.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 24, 2017
^^^^ I tire men..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 3:16pm On Nov 24, 2017
Oasis007:
ANDREAS PERREIRA STARTING TO SHINE.

Jose Mourinho might not have agreed with it, but Andreas Pereira's loan is paying dividends.....

Pereira has played an important part. He has made 10 appearances in La Liga - five starts and five substitute appearances - and has scored once and made three assists.

While at Granada last season he largely played in a No 10 role behind the striker, at Valencia he has played on either the left or right side of Marcelino's favoured 4-4-2 formation.

Pereira should also take some of the credit as he has started to express himself more on the pitch. There have been stepovers, cutbacks, bursts down the wings and, most of all, excellent crosses for Zaza and Rodrigo to profit from.

Interestingly, Pereira has at times been keeping reported Manchester United target Carlos Soler out of the starting line-up. While Soler is technically excellent on the ball, earning comparisons to former Valencia midfielders David Silva and Juan Mata, Pereira is more of a natural winger, happy to take off down the sideline himself rather than wait for an overlapping run from a full-back.

Excerpt from the Story, the Link below provides the full Gist.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11837/11137142/andreas-pereira-why-man-utd-youngster-is-flourishing-at-valencia

This we know.. What we don't know is if the Fvcker has fallen in love with Valencia and plans on staying permanently.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:22pm On Nov 24, 2017
joeace2020:

This we know.. What we don't know is if the Fvcker has fallen in love with Valencia and plans on staying permanently.

grin

Would have loved to paste the whole Story, but it's too long and not everyone enjoys reading a lengthy Essay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 3:26pm On Nov 24, 2017
raumdeuter:

Man Utd in that lineup have no plan to attack PSG, they only bank on goals from long balls towards Rashford or Lukaku and Isolating them vs the PSG backling or through deadballs since he has about 6players over 6ft (Lukaku, Rashford Fellaini, Matic, Pogba Smalling

This was the lineup Chelsea used to beat Barca in 2012
Iva-Terry Cahiil cole
-Mikel-Lampard-Meireles
--Mata--Drogba Ramires

Where is the width in that lineup, Is there anyone as pacey as Rashford in that lineup
This team was coached by DiMatteo and beat Guardiola the greatest active attacking coach, SO are you saying Mourinho the owner of parking the bus manual cannot pull this against Emery
Are you going to compare Drogba's ball control to that of Lukaku, you think long ball will work.
Let's even say Matic and Pogba make good ball deliveries how many will actual make it to Lukaku
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 3:30pm On Nov 24, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

Would have loved to paste the whole Story, but it's too long and not everyone enjoys reading a lengthy Essay.

Nor just bother.. Who wants to read about Pereira
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lincolnn2: 3:34pm On Nov 24, 2017
I'm not even concerned about our chances of qualifications for the next round of the UCL, because I know that's a done deal. Although I'll have been happier if we had sealed qualifications for the next round on match day 5,but it's not over yet.

For starters, Man United hold the ace and are in poll position to finish top of the group. We're playing CSKA Moscow at home, at Old Trafford, a place that has now become a strong fort, where we have not lost since September last year, against Man City, although during this period, there have been unpalatable draws, but it's better than losing at home.

The best CSKA Moscow can hope to get, is a draw. We're 3 points ahead of 2nd and 3rd place teams, with a 4goals difference against 2nd place team and 7goals difference against 3rd place team. Only an apocalypse will be prevent us from qualifying for the next round and finishing as group winners.

So, I'm calm.

We've got Arsenal at the Emirates stadium before CSKA Moscow and Man City at Old Trafford after CSKA Moscow. I'm confident we won't lose any of these 3 matches and we might even be the team to stop Man City's winning run.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:34pm On Nov 24, 2017
BlueAngel444:
Are you going to compare Drogba's ball control to that of Lukaku, you think long ball will work.
Let's even say Matic and Pogba make good ball deliveries how many will actual make it to Lukaku

Whose pace can you compare to that of Rashford in CHelsea 2012 team? Will you compare Mourinho tactically to Di Matteo, Will you compare Matic to Mikel?

Just lump the ball into the space behind the midfield and Lukaku + Rashford gets into a contest with PSG back 2 since Alves and Kurzawa are already overlapped

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:49pm On Nov 24, 2017
Oasis007:

Seriously I do not want him sold, rather he should be allowed to develop on his Flaws. He's still young, hence has room for improvement.

Lots of room, and he's only going to get better by playing games. I don't think he'll be any worse than Blind or Young if played in that position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2017
Shaw is a lazy player and doesn't have the right attitude, he has no future here. he should be sold as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 4:13pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lincolnn2:
I'm not even concerned about our chances of qualifications for the next round of the UCL, because I know that's a done deal. Although I'll have been happier if we had sealed qualifications for the next round on match day 5,but it's not over yet.

For starters, Man United hold the ace and are in poll position to finish top of the group. We're playing CSKA Moscow at home, at Old Trafford, a place that has now become a strong fort, where we have not lost since September last year, against Man City, although during this period, there have been unpalatable draws, but it's better than losing at home.

The best CSKA Moscow can hope to get, is a draw. We're 3 points ahead of 2nd and 3rd place teams, with a 4goals difference against 2nd place team and 7goals difference against 3rd place team. Only an apocalypse will be prevent us from qualifying for the next round and finishing as group winners.

So, I'm calm.

We've got Arsenal at the Emirates stadium before CSKA Moscow and Man City at Old Trafford after CSKA Moscow. I'm confident we won't lose any of these 3 matches and we might even be the team to stop Man City's winning run .

And that is how trolls bookmarked you to add insult to injury when shit hits the fan.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:14pm On Nov 24, 2017
Leyqute:

Lots of room, and he's only going to get better by playing games. I don't think he'll be any worse than Blind or Young if played in that position.

He ain't gonna perform worse than them based on our personal Assumptions and what we've seen him did in the Past. But JM sees him Everyday in Training, hence I trust his judgment on him. If he's fully ready, he's definitely gonna get his Chances.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:16pm On Nov 24, 2017
joeace2020:

And that is how trolls bookmarked you to add insult to injury when shit hits the fan.

grin

Na over-confidence dey worry my G.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lincolnn2: 4:19pm On Nov 24, 2017
joeace2020:

Lol. Calma calma. We won't lose any of those 3 matches. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 4:27pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lincolnn2:
Lol. Calma calma. We won't lose any of those 3 matches. grin

lol.. When we look hopeless against basel.. I hear
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 4:28pm On Nov 24, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

Na over-confidence dey worry my G.

I just dey look am.. nor be by over confidence them take dey know the best fans oo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by enemyofprogress: 5:07pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lincolnn2:

So, I'm calm.

We've got Arsenal at the Emirates stadium before CSKA Moscow and Man City at Old Trafford after CSKA Moscow. I'm confident we won't lose any of these 3 matches and we might even be the team to stop Man City's winning run.
we discussed all these at the coven last night and everything has been settled. Just go and get some bottles of champagne to celebrate
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2017
enemyofprogress:
we discussed all these at the coven last night and everything has been settled. Just go and get some bottles of champagne to celebrate
Pls mention all the devils (I suspent ther are many on this thread) that you had your meeting with, i won't be surprised if that fake pastor is among shocked.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 6:04pm On Nov 24, 2017
BlueAngel444:
Pls mention all the devils (I suspent ther are many on this thread) that you had your meeting with, i won't be surprised if that fake pastor is among shocked.
happy suspenting
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lh19(m): 6:31pm On Nov 24, 2017
Guys I saw one thread on the redcafe on who would win between this current United side and our title winning 2012/2013 squad.

De gea
Valencia Bailly Jones Rojo
Matic Pogba
Rashford Mkhi/Mata Martial
Lukaku

Rvp Rooney
Valencia Carrick Cleverly Nani
Evra Jones Ferdinand Rafael
De Gea

Thoughts??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 6:55pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lh19:
Guys I saw one thread on the redcafe on who would win between this current United side and our title winning 2012/2013 squad.

De gea
Matic Pogba
Lukaku

Rvp Rooney
De Gea

Thoughts??
I'll go for the side sir alex is coaching
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lh19(m): 7:07pm On Nov 24, 2017
odizeey:
I'll go for the side sir alex is coaching

On paper honestly this current team is better
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 7:14pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lh19:

On paper honestly this current team is better
true but approach to matches matter.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lh19(m): 7:28pm On Nov 24, 2017
odizeey:
true but approach to matches matter.

Yh you're right on that aspect though
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lh19:

De gea
Matic Pogba
Lukaku

Rvp Rooney
De Gea

Thoughts??

With RVP and Wazza firing on all cylinders, a functioning RW in Nani, LB in Evra and an attacking team all together that doesn't rely on a single 24yr old n***a for success lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
Leyqute:

Can you ask Mourinho if Luke Shaw will be given some playing time tomorrow? cheesy

That guy might turn out to be another Pogba story, hopefully he won't be sold...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 8:11pm On Nov 24, 2017
“I wasn’t going to be a starting player at United this season.

“I felt that by coming here I would play more minutes. By playing I’ll get better, I’ll evolve. That is better than being on the bench where I get frustrated and it starts to work against me. Here, I’m playing, I’m happy and I’m getting better.

People see that, United see that, and it will help me, Valencia and Manchester United. If I go back then I’ll be a better player. I’m under pressure here, but in a positive way.

“I play against big teams in big stadiums. We’re now second in the league.”

Andreas Pereira......

(1) (2) (3) ... (4761) (4762) (4763) (4764) (4765) (4766) (4767) ... (14158) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: engrelvis(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.