Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4808) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8734078 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4805) (4806) (4807) (4808) (4809) (4810) (4811) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:17pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:
.. and those shouting stats, Ramsey has 6 Assists, 3 goals in the league from Central Midfield.

Make una cool down for this una pepper body.

nobody is shouting stats. What we are shouting instead is for a player like Pogba, stats should not be a whip for flogging him.

What people are shouting now is that, that whip cannot even be used this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:20pm On Dec 03, 2017
PietroRico:
nobody is shouting stats. What we are shouting instead is for a player like Pogba, stats should not be a whip for flogging him.
What people are shouting now is that, that whip cannot even be used this season.

It looks like I saw where someone said "now the stats are proving Pogba.... "
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 12:21pm On Dec 03, 2017
eph12:

People have forgotten how Ibra was missing chances upon chances, they are crying for him to come back when we have a striker that is creating space for the team angry
Na selective amnesia dey worry all these critics.
Pogba created the most chances last season for us, but according to our king and his subjects, he was poor overall last season.
I'm not even going to try to explain that fact, that in itself if pretty self explanatory.
If people took their chances as they should have,Zlatan inclusive, would we be having this debate?

Folks also forget how many times Pogba hit the woodwork same last season. But because he dabs and wears flashy haircuts and boots, he failed. Because he cost £89 million he's supposed to score in every game.

PietroRico is the one who has brought up the real reason why Pogba's stats were poor and it is not for lack of effort. He could have been better,agreed but the criticism was over the top.
He is still playing the same way he did last season but has suddenly become more efficient according to stats but our king says it's because it's a new season. Despite missing nearly two months in the season so far.

Abeg make I go sleep.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
Aguero is doing 87 minutes per goal

Salah 94 mins

Sterling 94 mins

Lukaku 169 minutes

Despite the fact our pattern of play has affected him, this record is very poor.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
Facepalm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:48pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:
.. and those shouting stats, Ramsey has 6 Assists, 3 goals in the league from Central Midfield.

Make una cool down for this una pepper body.

good. oya put this stat side by side with the whole Kante stat of last season & make an inference.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:49pm On Dec 03, 2017

GOAL! Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United (Lingard 63)

The move started when Matic played the ball up to Lukaku on the halfway line . He fed it to Lingard, who surged into space and played the ball to Pogba on the right. He moved into the area and danced elegantly around Koscielny, who commited himself unnecessarily, before passing the ball across the face of goal for Lingard to tap into an open net. It was another clinical break from United, though Arsenal’s defending was again less hope.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2017/dec/02/arsenal-v-manchester-united-premier-league-live

I knew I saw Lingard ran forward with pace with the ball. After the goal I was praising his effort that led to the goal, not his finishing or Assist.

DopeJemi,

You no know ball.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:51pm On Dec 03, 2017
SailorXY:
good. oya put this stat side by side with the whole Kante stat of last season & make an inference.

Kante na DM. How do you expect a 5th defender to be a creator?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:54pm On Dec 03, 2017
O fans of little faith, very very I say unto yw.
This month, we take all maximum points.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:
Kante na DM. How do you expect a 5th defender to be a creator?
e be like say you no dey remember your own words after some time?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:

Salah 94 mins

Sterling 94 mins

Lukaku 169 minutes

Despite the fact our pattern of play has affected him, this record is very poor.
Is a goal every 2 games bad? Besides are you saying ManU's pattern is worse than the one he played in at Everton?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
SailorXY:
e be like say you no dey remember your own words after some time?

Like?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:58pm On Dec 03, 2017
BlueAngel444:
Is a goal every 2 games bad? Besides are you saying ManU's pattern is worse than the one he played in at Everton?

The thing is he should be doing better. Some forwards have a goal every one game. Aguero, Salah and Sterling. And only one is a striker.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:58pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:
but considering the amount of money that he was bought with and the fact that that he was performing far below Kante, he deserved the scrutiny.
Kante your yardstick. how market now?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:

Salah 94 mins

Sterling 94 mins

Lukaku 169 minutes

Maybe, but it should be a problem if the team plays like those of Salah and co. You expect a team to attack poorly and the striker to score with the 1-3 chances he gets every match? Lukaku does not have the speed other strikers have so he shouldn't be far from the box by common sense.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:
Some guys are still saying Pogba is yet to play against the big 6, so we should be calm and not carried away.
how market with "some guys" now?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:02pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:

The move started when Matic played the ball up to Lukaku on the halfway line . He fed it to Lingard, who surged into space and played the ball to Pogba on the right. He moved into the area and danced elegantly around Koscielny, who commited himself unnecessarily, before passing the ball across the face of goal for Lingard to tap into an open net. It was another clinical break from United, though Arsenal’s defending was again less hope.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2017/dec/02/arsenal-v-manchester-united-premier-league-live

I knew I saw Lingard ran forward with pace with the ball. After the goal I was praising his effort that led to the goal, not his finishing or Assist.

DopeJemi,

You no know ball.
Which of Salah Aguero spend half of the match on the halfway line?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 1:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
patrickmuf:
I don't see any argument here, do you want this place as boring as that Arsenal thread? Though I agree sometimes the subject matter can be annoying but other times, it is interesting reading from others.

bro I get ur point,but even if we win 56 0, there must b Einstein's here to always find one fault or another
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:05pm On Dec 03, 2017
SailorXY:
Kante your yardstick. how market now?

Did he not perform below Kante?

Is just like saying Carrick (DM) performed more than Fellaini under Gaal, despite the latter having more goals.

But when someone wants to prove a CM is now in the level of Ronaldo and Messi because of stats, you quickly remind him of players who play CM with similar or better starts
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:07pm On Dec 03, 2017
SailorXY:
how market with "some guys" now?

Did we not lose the midfield war? If not for DDG, we would have been roasted. One granny Assist, plus poor defensive body balance by Koscielny in a battle of muscle na con be say Pogba do play pass Ronaldo and Messi

Kai! Make I hear world there.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
eph12:
Which of Salah Aguero spend half of the match on the halfway line?
What are you trying to say?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:

What are you trying to say?
That I don't see how the others stats will be this OK playing in a team with disjointed attack or defensive set up
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
eph12:

That I don't see how the others stats will be this OK playing in a team with disjointed attack or defensive set up

Ok o

It is just that I believe Lukaku's scoring ability that I wont argue far. But he needs to improve quickly.

Salah carries the ball from half line with great speed into opposition box like every 5-10 mins, just like Lingard appears to be doing now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 1:27pm On Dec 03, 2017
patrickmuf:
Bros, Ibra is still not match fit, we need a lot of willing runners against City, I'd play a midfield 3 of Matic - Herrera as the pivot with Fellaini (if fit) in front of them with a bit of license to join Lukaku up top especially for the out balls cos we will be playing a lot of balls over the midfield...Front 3 should remain unchanged, Martial - Lukaku and Lingard...A flat back 4 should do...

Hmmm.. looks good.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 1:30pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:

DopeJemi,

You no know ball.

so this one mean say Lingard do all the work? what of Pogba wey run from outside the box with the ball to the edge of the box, kan still bully defender then pass the ball to lingard? wetin he do? soft work?

Elampiro, you no know ball abeg

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
Oh Lord.. This peop sha and too much criticism.

Is it not the same Pogba that won Europa player of the tournament? Created the most chances for us last season? Or is it his fault people upfront couldn't convert them?

Yes, he didn't play well in some matches, always showboating instead of making a simple pass, but truth is, Pogba was very very important for us last season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 1:37pm On Dec 03, 2017
From now on I will start viewing some people's comment here as trolling
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:38pm On Dec 03, 2017
smiley me I'm happy Val and Young will be available next week against the neighbours.

Can't stand seeing Darmian and Slow blind man the RB AND LB respectively.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 1:39pm On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:

Did we not lose the midfield war? If not for DDG, we would have been roasted. One granny Assist, plus poor defensive body balance by Koscielny in a battle of muscle na con be say Pogba do play pass Ronaldo and Messi

Kai! Make I hear world there.

When United reverted from setting the pace to counter-attacking at speed, Pogba was crucial. That tactic is only achievable when you have a player who is calm in possession, and who can make the correct decision under pressure. His two assists speak for themselves.

The second was sublime. Arsenal had pulled one goal back through Lacazette but the United defence managed to wriggle the ball out to Lukaku. The Belgian held it up well for Lingard, who played in Pogba. The Frenchman proceeded to make a mockery of Koscielny, holding off his international teammate as he rounded him in the box and centred for the unmarked Lingard to score. As the entire stadium, players, fans, managers and staff lost their heads in the moment, Pogba kept his to decide the game. That is the sort of decisive, unique talent United expected – and have benefited from – when they spent £89million on him two summers ago

http://www.football365.com/news/arsenal-1-3-manchester-united-16-conclusions

These are the words of Matt stead...An award winning soccer analyst that earns millions per week writing and analyzing soccer for the u.k's number 1 soccer blog........who sabi you even for benin?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:53pm On Dec 03, 2017
grin

When you are bored at Home; no Invitation to any Owambe; no Club to visit or a Party to attend; no Assignment(s) to work on....... then you gonna have all the Time in the World to type and post Gibberish on any online Platform.

We can't even celebrate the massive away Win in peace again?! Had United lost the Match, I wonder what would have happened to the Thread.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
Griffon:

After City, Utd come second. This isn't based on the quality of football played, rather how expensive both teams cost to assemble.

When it comes to quality of football played, you lot are in the good company of Stoke, Huddersfield and Burnley, no debates there.
When you wanted to answer the first one you didn't need stories o. Just this second one is causing confusion.

When it comes to goals scored and conceded nko? Or losing at home? grin

Shame even catch u sef shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 1:58pm On Dec 03, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSUkq2JCYes

Official highlights of the wozing!

(1) (2) (3) ... (4805) (4806) (4807) (4808) (4809) (4810) (4811) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Santos07, Beorn, iheanyi40(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.