Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4832) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8685844 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4829) (4830) (4831) (4832) (4833) (4834) (4835) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
elampiro:

1. Aguero missed more Clear cut chances than Iheanacho. But we know Aguero is the better player and striker. Same way, Aguero may have missed more Clear cut chances than Lukaku, but Aguero is still the better player and striker.

2. On the initial argument. I never for once said Lukaku should be benched. I don't know where or when that argument took place. All I said it that he was not doing other things well to help the team (like hold up play), even goals scoring aside.

3. No matter what you say, a striker that starts counting defensive contribution, high pass accuracy in his own half as his best qualities, is close to ruin. I didn't even see the defensive contribution sef.

Someone with low pass accuracy in opposition half is a weak link to his co-attacking team mates.
Ihenacho had a better goal/minute contribution than Aguero, Ihenacho is a better player - Elampiro 2017

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:01pm On Dec 08, 2017
elampiro:

What I have done so far is to show you that playing at half line against a better opposition while your team play defensive, does not prevent goal scoring.

If strikers of smaller teams can do with, why should it be an excuse for Lukaku.

Take Kane for instance, let Tottenham park the bus against Madrid, he will still score.

How can you type this and still post it with a straight face? Because Murray scored while his heat map was in the half line means against any team a striker MUST score while his team is defending all through?

Please, how on earth did you expect Lukaku to score in our match against Loserfool? If you watched the match, where did Ukaku see a chance to wreck havoc?

Did you expect Ukaku who's in the midfield defending as Loserfool battered us to dribble like Messi from the midfield and score?

In match that we parked trailer, you expected Ukaku to perform miracle? A striker has more chances of scoring in an attacking line-up. Stop using Murray to judge every striker.

That Toress scored against Barca while Chelshit were defending for their lives doesn't mean that he might score that chance in another match.

Zlatan had only one chance against Loserfool last year at their turf and missed it. How will you expect Zlatan to score when United defended all through and could only provide one good chance by Pogba? How many strikers will always convert every chances? Even if Zlatan had scored that chance, on other day, he may miss it. No striker will be fruitful playing like we did against Loserfool. He's not a ghost and can't dribble his way from the midfield like he's invisible.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:02pm On Dec 08, 2017
elrony:

Uncle intelligentsia, tell us how "Murray beats Lukaku hands down".

Lukaku in EPL:
15 games
8 goals
4 assists
16 Chances created
12 Key passes

Murray in EPL
13 games
5 goals
0 Assists
3 chances created
3 key passes

Please don't bring your Tuwo Chinkafa punditry here, stay on the discourse (I'm allergic to pounded Rice)

PS: " Stats are Facts" (in your own words).

I don't expect a light weight like you to understand that number of matches played does not translate into number of minutes played. For instance Anthony Martial has played 14 league matches for us, but only total 579 minutes on the field which is 6 matches cumulatively.

Secondly, I never brought Assist into my arguments. And I never said Murray had more assists than Lukaku. I said in terms of goals per minutes, Murray is better. Assists sometimes depend on the quality of team mates. Lukaku has Martial, Rashford, Pogba, Mata, Mikitaryan etc

Lukaku = 168.8 minutes per goal

Murray = 162.2 minutes per goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:06pm On Dec 08, 2017
elampiro:

Goals are measured per minutes.

This is why some of you no know ball. Common sense says if Murray played the same number matches (game time) as Lukaku, he wood score more.

Murray also scored in a big game playing at half line. But Lukaku, na so so story.

I disagree. It's an unproven fact, your words in emboldened. Most things are 100% uncertain in football.

Going by your words above, why didn't Shevchenko scored like he did at Ac Milan for Chelshit?

Why didn't Toress score like he did at Loserfool for Chelshit?

That Murray fella might come to United and be like Keane was for Loserfool. Nothing is certain.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 9:09pm On Dec 08, 2017
grin ;Dc cool

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2017
sinizia:

How can you type this and still post it with a straight face? Because Murray scored while his heat map was in the half line means against any team a striker MUST score while his team is defending all through?

Please, how on earth did you expect Lukaku to score in our match against Loserfool? If you watched the match, where did Ukaku see a chance to wreck havoc?

Did you expect Ukaku who's in the midfield defending as Loserfool battered us to dribble like Messi from the midfield and score?

In match that we parked trailer, you expected Ukaku to perform miracle? A striker has more chances of scoring in an attacking line-up. Stop using Murray to judge every striker.

That Toress scored against Barca while Chelshit were defending for their lives doesn't mean that he might score that chance in another match.

Zlatan had only one chance against Loserfool last year at their turf and missed it. How will you expect Zlatan to score when United defended all through and could only provide one good chance by Pogba? How many strikers will always convert every chances? Even if Zlatan had scored that chance, on other day, he may miss it. No striker will be fruitful playing like we did against Loserfool. He's not a ghost and can't dribble his way from the midfield like he's invisible.

Joselu played against Liverpool at half line as lead striker, and scored. Newcastle 1 Liverpool 1

Scott played against Liverpool at half line as lead striker against Liverpool and scored. I think that match also ended 1-1

Murray played against us at Old Trafford at half line and scored.

But people say Lukaku didn’t score because he played at half line against Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham. When has playing at half line being a license not to score?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:16pm On Dec 08, 2017
A team is parking the bus, their CF Is also defending with the team, barely making it past the half line, and you expect the striker to score? Where will he see the chance? Who will provide the chance for him? His team-mates defending deep in their own half?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:19pm On Dec 08, 2017
elampiro:

Joselu played against Liverpool at half line as lead striker, and scored. Newcastle 1 Liverpool 1

Scott played against Liverpool at half line as lead striker against Liverpool and scored. I think that match also ended 1-1

But people say Lukaku didn’t score because he played at half line against Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham. When has playing at half line being a license not to score?

Cool. Now, describe one or two chances Ukaku got against Loserfool and missed. I want to see the chance he got.

Against Newcastle, it's a defensive error that gave Joselu that goal. Which defensive error did Loserfool commit against us and when Ukaku got it, he missed?

I'm waiting for your reply.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:20pm On Dec 08, 2017
sinizia:

I disagree. It's an unproven fact, your words in emboldened. Most things are 100% uncertain in football.

Going by your words above, why didn't Shevchenko scored like he did at Ac Milan for Chelshit?

Why didn't Toress score like he did at Loserfool for Chelshit?

That Murray fella might come to United and be like Keane was for Loserfool. Nothing is certain.

It is an established way of analysing it here. Coogar used it always, and no one (including me) ever disputed it. It is fact that when comparisons are made as at given date, you assume the figures to be your working guide until the situation changes.

If your goals per minutes is better, you are the better scorer. And it is assumed you are more likely to score.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:21pm On Dec 08, 2017
elampiro:

I don't expect a light weight like you to understand that number of matches played does not translate into number of minutes played. For instance Anthony Martial has played 14 league matches for us, but only total 579 minutes on the field which is 6 matches cumulatively.

Secondly, I never brought Assist into my arguments. And I never said Murray had more assists than Lukaku. I said in terms of goals per minutes, Murray is better. Assists sometimes depend on the quality of team mates. Lukaku has Martial, Rashford, Pogba, Mata, Mikitaryan etc

Lukaku = 168.8 minutes per goal

Murray = 162.2 minutes per goal.

As expected by oga Heavyweight Tuwo Chinkafa pundit!!

You've failed to tell me how "Murray beats Lukaku hands down ". If you can't stay in the discourse, own up and let your L be delivered at your doorsteps without shipping fee!

Not like I'm Chris Hughton who felt Murray wasn't deserving of total minutes of 13 matches, Oga heavyweight can you prove that Murray wold have outscored Lukaku if they had the same minutes? Shey you think football is 1 + 1 abi!

Show us how "Murray beats Lukaku hands down " when Attacking stats have shown otherwise.

Elampiro "stats are facts" cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:22pm On Dec 08, 2017
sinizia:
A team is parking the bus, their CF Is also defending with the team, barely making it past the half line, and you expect the striker to score? Where will he see the chance? Who will provide the chance for him? His team-mates defending deep in their own half?

Lol John Doe Prosecution in broad daylight ?

Heavyweight intelligentsia knows best tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
elampiro:

Goals are measured per minutes.

This is why some of you no know ball. Common sense says if Murray played the same number matches (game time) as Lukaku, he wood score more.

Murray also scored in a big game playing at half line. But Lukaku, na so so story.
This is what happens when you hold stats like it's the gospel truth instead of watching the game. Giroud was a better striker last season than Costa and Aguero according to you.

There is a reason scouts go to the field of play to watch instead of just staying in the comfort of their homes and making conclusion just via stats.

elampiro:

Lol. A game we won by 1 nil. I'm beginning to think you don't watch games or you need to take a chilled zobo and come back later
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
elampiro:

What I have done so far is to show you that playing at half line against a better opposition while your team play defensive, does not prevent goal scoring.

If strikers of smaller teams can do with, why should it be an excuse for Lukaku.

Take Kane for instance, let Tottenham park the bus against Madrid, he will still score.

What you havent shown is to bring the same opponent, same location for a big team striker and compare the heat maps to Lukaku

I will help you with one

Aguero heatmaps vs Watford away vs Lukaku heatmaps vs Watford away

See Aguero was more in the opponent box than Lukaku, Also How many times did Aguero have heatmaps in the City half of the field, Now compare to Lukaku going as far back as Left back of his team

That is your number 9 spending considerable time in his own half even as far back as left back

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:25pm On Dec 08, 2017
elampiro:

Which Murray scored at Old Trafford? Bro why all this now? E be like we have to start double checking your facts again sef
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:26pm On Dec 08, 2017
elampiro:

1. Aguero missed more Clear cut chances than Iheanacho. But we know Aguero is the better player and striker. Same way, Aguero may have missed more Clear cut chances than Lukaku, but Aguero is still the better player and striker.

Any evidence for this?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 9:28pm On Dec 08, 2017
Elrony na you be lightweight?

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:29pm On Dec 08, 2017
sinizia:

This is exactly my point. Aguero spends more time in opponents box, Lukaku is busy half way and even left back defending yet you expect him to score as much as Aguero
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
funlord:

Elrony na you be lightweight?

grin

With my tan abs and small chest grin grin cheesy

You go fear na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
sinizia:

Cool. Now, describe one or two chances Ukaku got against Loserfool and missed. I want to see the chance he got.

Against Newcastle, it's a defensive error that gave Joselu that goal. Which defensive error did Loserfool commit against us and when Ukaku got it, he missed?

I'm waiting for your reply.

Lukaku has had better opportunity than the defensive errors you mentioned. Against Arsenal he used his hand to squander a chance to go meet keeper one vs one.

There are times he could have done one-two with his team mates, but he didn’t have the awareness. Kane would be praying for such.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:31pm On Dec 08, 2017
eph12:

Which Murray scored at Old Trafford? Bro why all this now? E be like we have to start double checking your facts again sef

Andy Murray, with his racket !!! cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:33pm On Dec 08, 2017
elrony:

As expected by oga Heavyweight Tuwo Chinkafa pundit!!

You've failed to tell me how "Murray beats Lukaku hands down ". If you can't stay in the discourse, own up and let your L be delivered at your doorsteps without shipping fee!

Not like I'm Chris Hughton who felt Murray wasn't deserving of total minutes of 13 matches, Oga heavyweight can you prove that Murray wold have outscored Lukaku if they had the same minutes? Shey you think football is 1 + 1 abi!

Show us how "Murray beats Lukaku hands down " when Attacking stats have shown otherwise.

Elampiro "stats are facts" cool

Sorry, I cannot help you if you see facts and still dispute them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:35pm On Dec 08, 2017
elampiro:

It is an established way of analysing it here. Coogar used it always, and no one (including me) ever disputed it. It is fact that when comparisons are made as at given date, you assume the figures to be your working guide until the situation changes.

If your goals per minutes is better, you are the better scorer. And it is assumed you are more likely to score.

Too much reliance on stats is bad. A month ago Adelana posted a stat that showed that Iago Aspas and about 3 other strikers scored goals that "won their teams more points" than Messi, Suarez and C. Ronaldo.

An unintelligent football analysts will foolishly declare Aspas as a better striker than Messi and Co. Afterall his goals were more "important" and Messi /CR7 were scoring "unimportant" league goals. But we know better.

Morata scored more "important" goals than Benzema, but Benzema is the top striker at Madrid till now while he's sold off.

Too much dependent on stats is bad. Cisse was scoring for fun for Newcastle in his debut season, using your analogy, he shouldn't had stop scoring for fun the next season.

Nothing is constant, Bro. Suarez was once prolific, right now he looks like the ghost of the real Suarez.

Murray might come January and even stop scoring for 10 matches in a row. Nothing is constant.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:36pm On Dec 08, 2017
chrisley024:
This is what happens when you hold stats like it's the gospel truth instead of watching the game. Giroud was a better striker last season than Costa and Aguero according to you.

There is a reason scouts go to the field of play to watch instead of just staying in the comfort of their homes and making conclusion just via stats.

Lol. A game we won by 1 nil. I'm beginning to think you don't watch games or you need to take a chilled zobo and come back later

Lukaku has fallen short in all aspects. He cannot play, he has weak pass accuracy in opposition's half, he misses penalties and has not been scoring recently.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:36pm On Dec 08, 2017
elampiro:

Sorry, I cannot help you if you see facts and still dispute them.
Like Murray scoring from the halfway line at Old Trafford abi? angry angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:37pm On Dec 08, 2017
We're still on this issue?

SircumaPlenty How do you think Fellaini will influence this weekend's match?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:37pm On Dec 08, 2017
chrisley024:

Lol. A game we won by 1 nil. I'm beginning to think you don't watch games or you need to take a chilled zobo and come back later[/quote]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:38pm On Dec 08, 2017
elampiro:

Lukaku has fallen short in all aspects. He cannot play, he has weak pass accuracy in opposition's half, he misses penalties and has not been scoring recently.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:39pm On Dec 08, 2017
eph12:

Like Murray scoring from the halfway line at Old Trafford abi? angry angry angry

That is just a mistake in typing. You guys are now too many. Too many arguing against me alone. You guys don't want to accept truth and facts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:40pm On Dec 08, 2017
elrony:

Andy Murray, with his racket !!! cheesy grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:41pm On Dec 08, 2017
raumdeuter:

This is exactly my point. Aguero spends more time in opponents box, Lukaku is busy half way and even left back defending yet you expect him to score as much as Aguero

This matter is self-explanatory. You just ended it with your screenshots above. Ukaku was even in our defence against fuckin Watford, but Ageuro wasn't anywhere near their final third talk more more of their defence.

Ageuro might be benched under Mourinho unless he contributes defensively to please Mou. No be Mourinho tell Hazard to defend alongside his team-mates?

There's a reason why Mourinho termed Ukaku "untouchable"?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:43pm On Dec 08, 2017
raumdeuter:

What you havent shown is to bring the same opponent, same location for a big team striker and compare the heat maps to Lukaku

I will help you with one

Aguero heatmaps vs Watford away vs Lukaku heatmaps vs Watford away

See Aguero was more in the opponent box than Lukaku, Also How many times did Aguero have heatmaps in the City half of the field, Now compare to Lukaku going as far back as Left back of his team

That is your number 9 spending considerable time in his own half even as far back as left back

Don’t worry, I will give you one tomorrow. I saw some this afternoon.

But is Martial and Lukaku not to playing in same team? Why is Martial scoring well per minutes played?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:46pm On Dec 08, 2017
kelvinze:
grin ;Dc cool
Haha! Power of influence. Refs are human beings na

(1) (2) (3) ... (4829) (4830) (4831) (4832) (4833) (4834) (4835) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.