Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,390 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (771) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8738703 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) ... (14149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 10:58pm On Jul 12, 2014
chrisley024: cheesy grin
Elampiro, is Thiago in the defence?

Dadehmola:
I am waiting for him to blame it on Marcelo's absence this time around! grin

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
chrisley024: cheesy grin
Elampiro, is Thiago in the defence?

Thiago was responsible for one of the goals- the first. But you cannot blame anyone for being out paced by Robben. That was just a one off situation for Thiago. Muller or Kroos or Klose wouldn't have gotten the better of him.

The second goal was clearly an offside from the Netherlands guy who put the cross in the box. Luiz gifted Blind by awfully clearing into dangerous area.

Scolari is a joke. He and Keshi have the same mentality. What were Dani Alves and Marcelo doing on the bench? All. Last two goals came from left back.

Most importantly, Brazil is lame in attack without Neymar. Totally blunt. The fear factor was still off. Only Oscar was strongly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 11:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
Honestly, They need DNA tests for Hulk, Fred,Jo, just to confirm they are Brazilians.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 11:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
MrTA: Honestly, They need DNA tests for Hulk, Fred,Jo, just to confirm they are Brazilians.
imagine a nation with over a million people having Jo,Fred n Hulk in their national team!!
isn't that barbaric?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
elampiro:

Thiago was responsible for one of the goals- the first. But you cannot blame anyone for being out paced by Robben. That was just a one off situation for Thiago. Muller or Kroos wouldn't have gotten the better of him.

The second goal was clearly an offside from the Netherlands guy who put the cross in the box. Luiz gifted Blind by awfully clearing into dangerous area.

Scolari is a joke. He and Keshi have the same mentality. What were Dani Alves and Marcelo doing on the bench? All. Last two games came from left back.

Most importantly, Brazil is lame in attack without Neymar. Totally blunt. The fear factor was still off. Only Oscar was strongly.
You are calling Marcelo again?

How many goals came from the left against Germany? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 11:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
Van Gaal... changing in the 90th+ minute... a keeper for that matter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:08pm On Jul 12, 2014
Nihilist:

Scolari is a goat...this is all his fault

His selections are terrible...what serious manager would actually pick playstation Dave(thanks pietro) as 1st choice defender...or keep playing Maicon over Dani Alves

Jo, Hulk, and Freddy flintstone are just jokers...only a daft manager will pick such names to represent a country like Brazil who have an embarassment of football riches
when I was telling that knucklehead by name of el_cuntpoo that united. last season was stronger than chelsea in terms of central defence personnel, and their apparent failings were due to the porous full backs and midfield coupled with moyes' stupid system the idiooott just could not understand and turned the. Whole argument upside down.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
chrisley024:
You are calling Marcelo again?

How many goals came from the left against Germany? grin

Marcelo is a regular. Regulars are comfortable playing together. He offers attacking threat which the new guy didn't have today. He didn't defend, he didn't attack.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 11:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
Please dont make him fat too. undecided

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 11:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
elampiro:

Thiago was responsible for one of the goals- the first. But you cannot blame anyone for being out paced by Robben. That was just a one off situation for Thiago. Muller or Kroos wouldn't have gotten the better of him.

Typical of your flimsy excuses , you forgot to add that Thiago was lucky to still be on the pitch. Had he been rightfully sent off, what's the assurance that the Dutch wouldn't have hit double figures?

elampiro:

Stories that touch....

What about the dubious decisions that have gone the way of the Brazilians during the course of the tourney?

elampiro:
Scolari is a joke. He and Keshi have the same mentality. What were Dani Alves and Marcelo doing on the bench? All. Last two games came from left back.

The last time,You blamed the absence of Thiago silva. Now it's alves and Marcelo ( just as I predicted). Nawa for you oo!!

elampiro:

This Brazilian side isn't better than the super eagles- accept this obvious fact and move on!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:22pm On Jul 12, 2014
Just remembers Mearson's prediction: Brazil 3-0 N'land
grin

Kai kai man!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
Dadehmola:

Typical of your flimsy excuses , you forgot to add that Thiago was lucky to still be on the pitch. Had he been rightfully sent off, what's the assurance that the Dutch wouldn't have hit double figures?

Stories that touch....

What about the dubious decisions that have gone the way of the Brazilians during the course of the tourney?

The last time,You blamed the absence of Thiago silva. Now it's alves and Marcelo ( just as I predicted). Nawa for you oo!!

This Brazilian side isn't better than the super eagles- accept this obvious fact and move on!

My argument since last time stands. Thiago brought maturity today. If he weren't there Brazil would have been murdered after those early goals. He led his team mates well by keeping the scoreline respectable. If not for the offside goal, it was actually two at the end.

Despite Marcelo and Alves not being around, and Luiz overlapping, Thiago kept the score line respectable as compared to the last time. This supported my argument that it will be hard for a Thiago defence to concede 4 goals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 11:28pm On Jul 12, 2014
MrTA: Please dont make him fat too. undecided

nnkan mbe, eri bi orun anderson se we? shocked

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by meracool(m): 11:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
adebayo201: Van Gaal... changing in the 90th+ minute... a keeper for that matter

LVG Made Sure he used all the 23 Men he took to the tournament..

I cant wait for him to resume at ManUtd.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:36pm On Jul 12, 2014
Now that Cortana has failed.

Does it mean Argentina has a chance? I don't even know the team to support. Messi will likely play the game of his life. Is Di Maria fit now? Mascherano ever ready.

Germany going for its 4th word cup. What do I even have against Germany outside this forum?

Why isn't it Belgium playing the final against Brazil or Uruguay?

Tomorrow is Sunday. Log out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 11:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
elampiro:

My argument since last time stands. Thiago brought maturity today. If he weren't there Brazil would have been murdered after those early goals. He led his team mates well by keeping the scoreline respectable. If not for the offside goal, it was actually two at the end.

Thiago silva was culpable for the 1st goal, and shoulda been sent off as early as the 5th minute or so, yet you are here talking about stability and a respectable score line. Isn't it ironic?

elampiro:
Despite Marcelo and Alves not being around, and Luiz overlapping,

In short, this was why they conceded 3 goals today abi? Some of the things you type here ehn.. undecided

elampiro:
Thiago kept the score line respectable as compared to the last time.

By conceding a penalty and being lucky not to be sent off, abi? You even see the reduction in goals conceded (7 to 3 )as an achievement, isn't it? grin

elampiro:
This supported my argument that it will be hard for a Thiago defence to conceded 4 goals.

It supports nothing other than the fact that this Brazilian side is an embarrassment to the footballing legends produced by that country-both dead and alive!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
elampiro: Now that Cortana has failed.

Does it mean Argentina has a chance? I don't even know the team to support. Messi will likely play the game of his life. Is Di Maria fit now? Mascherano ever ready.

Germany going for its 4th word cup. What do I even have against Germany outside this forum?

Why isn't it Belgium playing the final against Brazil or Uruguay?

Tomorrow is Sunday. Log out.
Maybe Cortana now has virus. undecided

But doesn't mean Germany will not lift the cup 2moro cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:43pm On Jul 12, 2014
But emh. I too like Robben. I felt he should have won the Eurpean best player instead of Ribery. I have always like d his drivings, I think people are giving him his (over)due respect too late.

Ramres ddnt represent well in this word cup. He fall my hand. May be because he's not a regular, he decided to play cautiously and with reservation. I didnt see those cherished 40 yards run.

David Luiz is a restless kid.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:50pm On Jul 12, 2014
Luiz restlessness is BS! He should be focused and do his primary job, which is defending, and not running around like headless chicken.

Similar to Welbeck and Cleverly; players hailed for running around like headless chicken
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:51pm On Jul 12, 2014
Dadehmola:

Thiago silva was culpable for the 1st goal, and shoulda been sent off as early as the 5th minute or so, yet you are here talking about stability and a respectable score line. Isn't it ironic?

In short, this was why they conceded 3 goals today abi? Some of the things you type here ehn.. undecided

By conceding a penalty and being lucky not to be sent off, isn't it? You even see the reduction in goals conceded (7 to 3 )as an achievement, isn't it? grin

It supports nothing other than the fact that this Brazilian side is an embarrassment to the footballing legends produced by that country-both dead and alive!

You are not talking. Thiago was not sent off, and that's it.

Ramos was pardoned by the referee in 2012 when he was the last man and hacked Evra down. He went to play the 2nd leg- all 180 minutes. Forget all these megedefede you are writing.
Holland, France all benefited from referee's favours or errors. Diego Maradona used hand to score a goal and eliminated England. We can go on and on.

The Brazilian squad lacked any direction upfront without Neymar and that made Germany and Netherlands to play more adventurously. Brazil could have converted some chances today, but no leader up front. Lame lame lame
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:00am On Jul 13, 2014
Good night all.

Person go attend Church tomorrow.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:14am On Jul 13, 2014
chrisley024: Luiz restlessness is BS! He should be focused and do his primary job, which is defending, and not running around like headless chicken.

Similar to Welbeck and Cleverly; players hailed for running around like headless chicken
you forgot to add Rooney?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 12:15am On Jul 13, 2014
elampiro:

You are not talking. Thiago was not sent off, and that's it.

...But he should have been, and he was also responsible for the 1st goal...with his side Conceding two more. Attributing "stability" to such a player in that particular game, is definitely an assertion devoid of logic and common sense, If you ask me undecided!

elampiro:
Ramos was pardoned by the referee in 2012 when he was the last man and hacked Evra down. He went to play the 2nd leg- all 180 minutes. Forget all these megedefede you are writing.

What has this gotta do with this particular discussion? Is the debate about Thiago silva playing a particular match in which he shouldn't have featured in or what?

Elampiro and his Typical opata yarns cheesy

elampiro:
Holland, France all benefited from referee's favours or errors. Diego Maradona used hand to score a goal and eliminated England. We can go on and on.

Then why did you raise the issue of the 2nd goal being offside?

elampiro:
[s] The Brazilian squad lacked any direction upfront without Neymar and that made Germany and Netherlands to play more adventurously. Brazil could have converted some chances today, but no leader up front. Lame lame lame [/s]

This Brazilian side is whack....simple and short. No need for unnecessary stories bros
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:16am On Jul 13, 2014
David Luiz has to be the biggest scam ever. his transfer to PSG should be thoroughly investigated!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 1:24am On Jul 13, 2014
Abeg make una helep me convince my fellow Bayern fans who are still coveting after a sh!t defender like Luiz

That Brazilian team must be Elampiro's favorite. Players like Hulk, Gustavo, Ramires, Paulinho, Fernandinho all pawaful players

Hulk 0 goals 0 assists! This guy has to be the worst player at this World Cup! (Ok Fred and Jo are a close second) Does nothing but lash truckload of shots into row Z match after match. No sane Brazil coach should ever give him another cap

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:32am On Jul 13, 2014
SailorXY: David Luiz has to be the biggest scam ever. his transfer to PSG should be thoroughly investigated!
I see nothing except Thiago's influence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 13, 2014
A40: Abeg make una helep me convince my fellow Bayern fans who are still coveting after a sh!t defender like Luiz

That Brazilian team must be Elampiro's favorite. Players like Hulk, Gustavo, Ramires, Paulinho, Fernandinho all pawaful players

Hulk 0 goals 0 assists! This guy has to be the worst player at this World Cup! (Ok Fred and Jo are a close second) Does nothing but lash truckload of shots into row Z match after match. No sane Brazil coach should ever give him another cap

Starting with technically adept ninjas like Oscar, Hernanes and Willian upfront with Fernandinho and Paulinho behind 'em woulda done Brazil lot of good.

Scolari is too whack to spot the major undoings in that team, Dang! He's even the biggest undoing Brazil has got.

Time for their football federation to kick out that sentimental old thrash, he's a serious cancer in that team.

I'm surprised that he's yet to tender his resignation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:42am On Jul 13, 2014
Manchester United announce Old Trafford season ticket sell out following Louis van Gaal's World Cup 2014 exploits with Holland

*Manchester United have sold all 55,000 season tickets for next campaign.

*The record time sales corresponds with Louis van Gaal's World Cup exploits as Holland boss.

*It is the earliest United have reached this point since Old Trafford was expanded to a 76,000 seat capacity in 2006

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2689675/Manchester-United-announce-Old-Trafford-season-ticket-sell-following-Louis-van-Gaals-World-Cup-2014-exploits-Holland.html
Someone fans will be heart-broken if their expectations are not immediately met by this man.

As for me, top 4 with FA cup and I'll be very glad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 13, 2014
It's funny how mates on here go about blaming the players for Brazil's horrendous performances when Scolari is the biggest culprit.

Most of these players command first team shirts in their respective clubs, most of them are integral members of their clubs. A player is bound to underperform when the gaffer's tactics doesn't favor his game or he's made to play alongside muntulas.

Scolari has never been good. It was the players' individual brilliance that won him the WC in 2002. He was found out in England with Chelsea. He's a scam that banks on players' individual brilliance to win games, he doesn't trust his tactics to win games.

I'd advice the Brazil FA to sack him today and make enquiries on Rijkaard's availibility or even an average manager who understands the technical side of the game. Someone who'd have the cojones to drop Fred for a promising star like Nem Wellington. Brazil needs a realist, a thinker, someone who's unpredictable - Mourinho would have been the best man for that damn job.

Automatic retirement should be dished out to Ceasar, Maicon, Dani Alves, Fred, Hulk, and Maxwell. Ninjas like Gustavo, Luiz, Jo, Fernandinho and Hernanes should take a shortbreak from the team.

Automatic call-up should be given:

Goalkeepers

Neto
Rafael Cabral

Defenders

Rafael Da Silva
Vital Dede
Marquinhos
Juan Jesus
Danilo
Doria

Midfielders

Fernando Reges
Coutinho

Forwards

Firmino
Lucas Moura
Nem Wellington

LVG had the cojones to pick up untested ninjas like Vlaar, De Vrij, Blind, Wiljnadum etc to the WC b'cos he trusts his tactics and not veterans like Heitinga and Stekelenburg - Netherland are the third best team in the world as we speak.

Brazil should do thisame, 2018 is right around the corner.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:22am On Jul 13, 2014
ElGuapo: It's funny how mates on here go about blaming the players for Brazil's horrendous performances when Scolari is the biggest culprit.

Most of these players command first team shirts in their respective clubs, most of them are integral members of their clubs. A player is bound to underperform when the gaffer's tactics doesn't favor his game or he's made to play alongside muntulas.

Scolari has never been good. It was the players' individual brilliance that won him the WC in 2002. He was found out in England with Chelsea. He's a scam that banks on players' individual brilliance to win games, he doesn't trust his tactics to win games.

I'd advice the Brazil FA to sack him today and make enquiries on Rijkaard's availibility or even an average manager who understands the technical side of the game. Someone who'd have the cojones to drop Fred for a promising star like Nem Wellington. Brazil needs a realist, a thinker, someone who's unpredictable - Mourinho would have been the best man for that damn job.

Automatic retirement should be dished out to Ceasar, Maicon, Dani Alves, Fred, Hulk, and Maxwell. Ninjas like Gustavo, Luiz, Jo, Fernandinho and Hernanes should take a shortbreak from the team.

Automatic call-up should be given:

Goalkeepers

Neto
Rafael Cabral

Defenders

Rafael Da Silva
Vital Dede
Marquinhos
Juan Jesus
Danilo
Doria

Midfielders

Fernando Reges
Coutinho

Forwards

Firmino
Lucas Moura
Nem Wellington

LVG had the cojones to pick up untested ninjas like Vlaar, De Vrij, Blind, Wiljnadum etc to the WC b'cos he trusts his tactics and not veterans like Heitinga and Stekelenburg - Netherland are the third best team in the world as we speak.

Brazil should do thisame, 2018 is right around the corner.

Second best team, Argentina shouldn't be where they are
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 13, 2014
dopeJemi: Second best team, Argentina shouldn't be where they are

Why shouldn't they be where they are?

For the fact that they were able to see off Netherland's threat for 120mins and win in the shootouts places them ahead of the dutch team.

If the Argies beats Germany today, your current claim will be laughable.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:47am On Jul 13, 2014
ElGuapo:

Why shouldn't they be where they are?

For the fact that they were able to see off Netherland's threat for 120mins and win in the shootouts places them ahead of the dutch team.

If the Argies beats Germany today, your current claim will be laughable.

They were nothing spectacular, they didn't deserve to go through

(1) (2) (3) ... (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) ... (14149) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.