Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (774) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8671290 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) ... (14140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
coogar:

i trust you.
let's be honest - messi isn't maradona. he's not even half as good. maradona bosses games even when he loses. maradona = messi + keane(creative side).

messi was very flat tonight. very disappointing. he huffed & puffed but he lacked that cutting edge of what pele, maradona & fat ronaldo have achieved in a world cup final.

He was and never can be maradona but winning the wc just completes his cv and that's what we his supporters were looking out for...or is klose better than "the phenomenon"?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
SailorXY: I don't know if Messi deserves the golden ball tho undecided he just did ok in my opinion

1. Robben
2. Messi

3 and 4. Neymar and Rondriquez. Not too sure of the order.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:22pm On Jul 13, 2014
SailorXY: I don't know if Messi deserves the golden ball tho undecided he just did ok in my opinion
I will go with Thomas Mueller or Robben

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 11:22pm On Jul 13, 2014
elampiro:

1. Robben
2. Messi

3 and 4. Neymar and Rondriquez. Not too sure of the order.

Messi over Hames in this world cup?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:27pm On Jul 13, 2014
RuuDie:

He was and never can be maradona but winning the wc just completes his cv and that's what we his supporters were looking out for...or is klose better than "the phenomenon"?

no o - klose is just a good goalscorer. a natural poacher. all his 16 world cup goals were scored within 10 yards of the goal.

i understand what you are saying though that he needs the world cup to be compared to the greats. well, he had his chance tonight & he blew it.

chic2pimp:
Even the winner of the golden glove was a more deserving winner. What were FIFA thinking?
Hames was without doubt the best player In the tourney

james rodriguez was the MVP, fück FIFA & their nonsense technical team. nobody was able to top the 6 goals rodriguez scored since the quarter-final. he scored at least one goal in every game.

even the BBC pundits all said messi didn't deserve the award. rio was baffled. shearer said messi didn't do enough & alan hansen kept asking how FIFA arrived at such a horrible conclusion.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:28pm On Jul 13, 2014
chic2pimp:

Messi over Hames in this world cup?

Messi. No sentiment.

Messi was MOTM for first 4 matches, if I am not mistaking. Only Robben had a similar feat.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 11:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
Best tournament in my lifetime. Sad its over, as I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Messi just didnt look that sharp to me. Didnt look 100% or like he was really up for it like when hes playing for Barca. Too bad. I was hoping he would win it, because to me, he is the best player in the world. Not all time though because you need a world cup in my opinion.

Congrats to the Ze Germans though. Thoroughly deserved and definitely the best team in the tournament. They have some top players there and some will be back for several more tournaments.

Anyways, looking forward to the new season under LVG.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by landinfo: 11:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
coogar: messi came short again....

he's not a maradona.
Yes he is not Maradona but maradona in his time had good supporting cast unlike messi who had to do do everything alone...Aguero all season had been injured but the funny Sabella took him to the tourney. Higuan just didn't turn up for them...i just feel they missed Di maria who possibly would have complimented Messi. As for Palacio, may he have a good nite sleep.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
Yes, it's my best world cup since Mexico '86.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
Nairalandinfo:
Yes he is not Maradona but maradona in his time had good supporting cast unlike messi who had to do do everything alone...Aguero all season had been injured but the funny Sabella took him to the tourney. Higuan just didn't turn up for them...i just feel they missed Di maria who possibly would have complimented Messi. As for Palacio, may he have a good nite sleep.

if they had aguero & di maria fit, they wouldn't have won. i only saw his x-factor in the group games against iran & nigeria. maradona had a weaker supporting cast but every decision maradona made was the right one. go & watch 86 & 90 world cup games again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
Hmmm Mexico '86...
Let me remember where I was then grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
Nairalandinfo:

The sub of Lavezzi at half time was a grave error.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by landinfo: 11:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
coogar:

if they had aguero & di maria fit, they wouldn't have won. i only saw his x-factor in the group games against iran & nigeria. maradona had a weaker supporting cast but every decision maradona made was the right one. go & watch 86 & 90 world cup games again.
This is the BIGGEST LIE fron the pit of hell....Maradona had one of the best supporting cast & u don't have to bend/lie to make ur point.
The Germans were there 4 the taking infact this was one of easiest match 4 the Argies had the forwards done better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
grin grin grin grin '86
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
coogar:

Is there a debate as to who is greater? I mean here.

But Maradona has not helped matters. Someone told me Maradona has accepted Messi is better than him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
ChristineC: Hmmm Mexico '86...
Let me remember where I was then grin grin grin grin grin

I guess you were still negotiating your way into mother earth. Negotiating with Angels if you would come to Nigeria or Togo or Aghanistan. Lucky you got Naija at last.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 11:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
elampiro:

Messi. No sentiment.

Messi was MOTMTechnical T4 matches, if I am not mistaking. Only Robben had a similar feat.

Why won't He Win 4 MOTM awards when it's the same so called "Technical Team" doing the judging?
He wasnt even the best Argentine at the mundial. Mascherano had a better tourney sef

MrTA: Best tournament in my lifetime. Sad its over, as I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Definitely agree...... If not the best, it's in my top two.

coogar:
james rodriguez was the MVP, fück FIFA & their nonsense technical team. nobody was able to top the 6 goals rodriguez scored since the quarter-final. he scored at least one goal in every game.
even the BBC pundits all said messi didn't deserve the award. rio was baffled. shearer said messi didn't do enough & alan hansen kept asking how FIFA arrived at such a horrible conclusion.

Don't mind those old souls at FIFA.
I'd like to see a page by page analysis on how the old
farts came to such a lousy decision.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:48pm On Jul 13, 2014
elampiro:

Is there a debate as to who is greater? I mean here.

But Maradona has not helped matters. Someone told me Maradona has accepted Messi is better than him.

and i am sure that someone is maradona's wife or daughter who happens to be your neighbour in edo state.

Nairalandinfo:
This is the BIGGEST LIE fron the pit of hell....Maradona had one of the best supporting cast & u don't have to bend/lie to make ur point.
The Germans were there 4 the taking infact this was one of easiest match 4 the Argies had the forwards done better.

it was maradona & 10 zombies in 86. only 2 players have single-handedly won a world cup. maradona in 86 & garrincha in 62. use google if you are tied in a knot!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by landinfo: 11:49pm On Jul 13, 2014
elampiro:

The sub of Lavezzi at half time was a grave error.
I think Lavezzi was injured....the problem is that Sabella like Pellegrini took an injured Aguero (injured since sept/oct last year) to a tourney not meant for boyz....
The definition of a team is that when a Muller, Ozil, etc don't show up for a match, there must be others ready to step up & take the challenge....that was lacking for Messi except for Mascharano, Garay, Zabaleyta & thé keeper.
Xcept for the indisciplined nature of Tevez which i support the coach for not taking him, i think he, Tevez would have done better then what an unfit Aguero + Palacio + Higuan did throughout this tourney.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
Lets all be fair and send criticism to where it should... Messi knows himself and could have turned down the golden ball if possible - it clearly wasn't what he wanted or played for.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
* Someone being interviewed on DSTV said Messi is the best ever. Wnder what would have happened today.

*** Who is watching DSTV? That magician prediction box has been opened. He predicted German one nil and Gotze to score. Witches....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 11:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
DEUTSCHLAND WELT MEISTER

GERMANY WORLD CHAMPIONS
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
chic2pimp:

Why won't He Win 4 MOTM awards when it's the same so called "Technical Team" doing the judging?
He wasnt even the best Argentine at the mundial. Mascherano had a better tourney sef

messi won 4MOTM but he played 7 games. james won 3 MOTM in just 5 games. james won the golden boot in spite of playing only 5 games. he's by far the best player in the tournament, without a shadow of doubt!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
RuuDie: Lets all be fair and send criticism to where it should... Messi knows himself and could have turned down the golden ball if possible - it clearly wasn't what he wanted or played for.

FIFA politics. Commentators have been saying Robben is easily the best. FIFA paving the way for 2015 Ballon D'or. Now Robben is robbed a precious life time prize. Too bad!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
dayokanu: DEUTSCHLAND WELT MEISTER

GERMANY WORLD CHAMPIONS

O boy wake up. You are a Nigeran. Your root na for where so? Hmmm........... Owo?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:00am On Jul 14, 2014
Vidal:
"I've heard the rumours, but I haven't spoken more about this topic... I'm enjoying my holidays, and when I return to Italy I'll see what happens... I'm very calm, and anyone would love to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world."

I think this is a good hint! oh Lawd please....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:01am On Jul 14, 2014
Hold on... Maradona and 11 zombies!?

Burruchaga, Pasarella, Pumpido, Tapia, Valdano, Ruggeri, Batista...

Shuo. Una take am easy nah!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 12:04am On Jul 14, 2014
RuuDie: Hold on... Maradona and 11 zombies!?

passarella did not play in 86.....he was in the squad but didn't factor in the games.
pumpido was an ok goal keeper. all the other players u mentioned were decent players, not zombies but not exactly world class either
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:05am On Jul 14, 2014
SailorXY: Vidal:
"I've heard the rumours, but I haven't spoken more about this topic... I'm enjoying my holidays, and when I return to Italy I'll see what happens... I'm very calm, and anyone would love to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world."

I think this is a good hint! oh Lawd please....
We may sign him up....am sure buh not sure of Di maria
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:07am On Jul 14, 2014
RuuDie: Hold on... Maradona and 11 zombies!?

i repeat, it was maradona & 10 zombies. every goal argentina scored in that world cup went through him. he was assisting goals & scoring them in equal weight. the clips dey youtube - his influence was just too outrageous, that's why every pundit agrees he single-handedly won that world cup. it's rare to see a team game won singlehandedly by a player.

maradona did it in 86
garrincha did it in 62.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:07am On Jul 14, 2014
coogar:

and i am sure that someone is maradona's wife or daughter who happens to be your neighbour in edo state.

Argentina Coach Diego Maradona: Lionel Messi Is Better Than I Was At World Cup '86
May 24, 2010 04:15:00

Maradona was the outstanding player of the tournament 24 years ago and has now stated that he has told Messi to follow in his footsteps by leading Argentina to glory in South Africa.

"Messi is better than me at World Cup '86. He's the best player in the world and better by far compared to others. In 86, in Mexico, I did it with the ball, I grew up and my team-mates followed. Now I have explained the same to Leo to do it in South Africa and he has understood," Maradona is quoted as saying by Sport before adding that he wants everything to go through Messi at the finals next month.

Related
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2010/05/24/1939576/argentina-coach-diego-maradona-lionel-messi-is-better-than-i-was-

Also reported by ESPN. However, Maradona in 2013 said he is the best from Argentina.

Problem with talking too much.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:09am On Jul 14, 2014
afrodoc:

passarella did not play in 86.....he was in the squad but didn't factor in the games.
pumpido was an ok goal keeper. all the other players u mentioned were decent players, not zombies but not exactly world class either

messi was probably with more "deadweight" than maradona was...

(1) (2) (3) ... (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) ... (14140) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.