Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,651 members, 7,820,261 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (788) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8744774 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) ... (14156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 8:06am On Jul 23, 2014
lekkie073:
But if they had won d champions league during their time in Madrid they would automatically be classified as galaticos cool

So when Suker, Mijatovic, Raul won the CL in 1998 why didnt they call them Galacticos. Or when Anelka, McManaman and Redondo won it in 2000
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:13am On Jul 23, 2014
dayokanu:

So when Suker, Mijatovic, Raul won the CL in 1998 why didnt they call them Galacticos. Or when Anelka, McManaman and Redondo won it in 2000
the first galaticos era started I the year 2001. D galaticos project was Perez brainchild.o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:15am On Jul 23, 2014
dayokanu:

stop being an imbëcile.
florentino perez started the galactico policy. the era started between 2000-2006(first era) & between 2009 till date(second era)

The galácticos

The principal galácticos were:

•Luís Figo (£38.7 million from Barcelona) - joined in 2000
•Zinedine Zidane (£46 million from Juventus) - joined in 2001
•Ronaldo (£30 million from Inter Milan) - joined in 2002
•David Beckham (£25 million from Manchester United) - joined in 2003

•In addition, Michael Owen (£8 million plus Antonio Núñez from Liverpool - joined in 2004) is considered by some to be galáctico. Owen's transfer fee was not as large as the other Galácticos, particularly because Real's Antonio Núñez was sent to Liverpool as part of the deal. Although Owen would mostly feature as a substitute, he had the highest goals to minutes played ratio in the Spanish league while he was there.

•Robinho was also signed during Pérez's first term as president but is not generally regarded as galácticos due to the fact that he wasn't considered as an established world-class player when he first arrived in Madrid, but rather a promising youngster with huge potential.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gal%C3%A1cticos

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:17am On Jul 23, 2014
The first set of galaticos includes zidane, figo, ronaldo , Beckham, Owen, etc

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 8:18am On Jul 23, 2014
coogar:

stop being an imbëcile.
florentino perez started the galactico policy. the era started between 2000-2006(first era) & between 2009 till date(second era)

The galácticos

The principal galácticos were:

•Luís Figo (£38.7 million from Barcelona) - joined in 2000
•Zinedine Zidane (£46 million from Juventus) - joined in 2001
•Ronaldo (£30 million from Inter Milan) - joined in 2002
•David Beckham (£25 million from Manchester United) - joined in 2003

•In addition, Michael Owen (£8 million plus Antonio Núñez from Liverpool - joined in 2004) is considered by some to be galáctico. Owen's transfer fee was not as large as the other Galácticos, particularly because Real's Antonio Núñez was sent to Liverpool as part of the deal. Although Owen would mostly feature as a substitute, he had the highest goals to minutes played ratio in the Spanish league while he was there.

•Robinho was also signed during Pérez's first term as president but is not generally regarded as galácticos due to the fact that he wasn't considered as an established world-class player when he first arrived in Madrid, but rather a promising youngster with huge potential.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gal%C3%A1cticos

So you went ahead and exposed your lies

The same person who told us Robinho and Owen are Galacticos is now bringing a link to show how stuppid he was to make the earlier statement

Your quote above showed who the galacticos were and those who just attached to the project. Only a loon would call RObinho and Owen galacticos

coogar:
you don't know your history......
were owen, robinho, beckham & fat ronaldo galactico or not?

So coogar in the light of the new materials you just discovered, Is Robinho a galactico or is Michael Owen a galactico?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 8:20am On Jul 23, 2014
coogar:
so how come madrid galacticos never won a champions league in 12 years?

Which 12 yrs did Madrid have galacticos

You stupidiity shines through, Its a surprise you've not been caged to prevent you infecting others
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:22am On Jul 23, 2014
dayokanu:
So you went ahead and exposed your lies

The same person who told us Robinho and Owen are Galacticos is now bringing a link to show how stuppid he was to make the earlier statement

So coogar in the light of the new maerials you just discovered, Is Robinho a galactico or is Michael Owen a galactico?

i have showed you the principal galacticos & the ones that are generally considered as one & the ones that aren't generally considered as one.

in your own gross stupidity, you were counting suker, mijatovic & mcmanaman as a galactico. it shows the difference in our knowledge of european football.

i have proven my point already. beckham & owen are galacticos - the former is a principal galactico & the latter is generally considered to be one.

dayokanu:
Which 12 yrs did Madrid have galacticos
You stupidiity shines through, Its a surprise you've not been caged to prevent you infecting others

you have been shamed - get out of here. come and tell us how suker is a galactico, agbaya with poop for brains. so until now, you didn't know what counts as a galactico?

davor suker? why not count di stefano as one? big for nothing nincompoop. you are taller than the intelligence spectrum. you need to be amputated a little bit so you can be intelligent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 8:25am On Jul 23, 2014
coogar:

i have showed you the principal galacticos & the ones that are generally considered as one & the ones that aren't generally considered as one.

in your own gross stupidity, you were counting suker, mijatovic & mcmanaman as a galactico. it shows the difference in our knowledge of european football. i have proven my point already. beckham & owen are galacticos - the former is a principal galactico & the latter is generally considered to be one.

You have shown it, Didnt you just tell us Robinho and Owen are galacticos? yet went to bring quotes that blew your lies out of water

When talking about Galacticos: Figo we know, Zidane we know, Ronaldo we know

Were Robinho and Owen Galacticos? Mumu

Your knowledge of European football can be written on a grain of millet
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 8:27am On Jul 23, 2014
coogar:
so how come madrid galacticos never won a champions league in 12 years?

Which 12 yrs did Madrid have galacticos?

Coogar come and tell us the 12yrs of galacticos you were telling us about.

Im sure na ppl like you propagate the India vs Nigeria rumour

For say ppl no dey here thats how you would have told them that Madrid had galacticos for 12yrs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:29am On Jul 23, 2014
dayokanu:
You have shown it, Didnt you just tell us Robinho and Owen are galacticos? yet went to bring quotes that blew your lies out of water

which lies?
was beckham & owen part of the galactico or not?

When talking about Galacticos: Figo we know, Zidane we know, Ronaldo we know
Were Robinho and Owen Galacticos? Mumu

they are all galacticos. beckham, owen & robinho to some extent are galacticos. use your english skills to decipher what was being said.

•beckham - principal
•owen - generally considered
•robinho - not generally considered, it means there are people who consider him as one but they are in the minority.

Your knowledge of European football can be written on a grain of millet

says the idiòt that argued beckham isn't a galactico but he's ready to put suker & redondo there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:03am On Jul 23, 2014
Abeg, we need a minimum of one galactico grin
Na that one concern me cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:08pm On Jul 23, 2014
22/07/2014 19:20, Report by J Tuck, A Bostock in Los Angeles

Early preparations please van Gaal

Louis van Gaal has been delighted with the players’ response to his methods in the training sessions he has presided over as Manchester United manager so far.

The new Reds boss says his squad have been committed and eager to impress in pre-season preparations so far on tour in the USA.

Speaking at a press conference at Los Angeles' Rose Bowl, ahead of Wednesday’s friendly against LA Galaxy, van Gaal said: "I have to say that it has been fantastic.

"Maybe you think every coach who is new should say that but I mean it. They are anxious to follow the instructions of my assistants. The focus I have seen in the training sessions is top-level, but we have to see if the performance is top-level.

"But I am very happy with the labour of my players in the days I have been with them."

Nevertheless, van Gaal admits his team, who are only three days into the tour, are not near their fitness peak and he therefore expects a tough challenge on Wednesday against a Galaxy side in the middle of their league campaign.

"We have analysed Galaxy and I expect a very organised and tactical team that are aggressive in attack and want to press," he said.

"They are already in the rhythm of the season and we started three days ago. We are not well prepared or fit yet, but I hope we can give a good performance."

http://www.manutd.com/en/Tour-2014/Tour2014News/2014/Jul/louis-van-gaal-pleased-with-early-manchester-united-training-sessions.aspx?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:12pm On Jul 23, 2014
chrisley024: Abeg, we need a minimum of one galactico grin
Na that one concern me cry

isn't rooney a galactico? grin
although he's a malfunctioning galactico but we can use him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 12:52pm On Jul 23, 2014
Moderator, pls why am I always getting spamboat, only on this section?

I made a football related post to find out people's opinion on the topic. The next thing ban. The article is about age cheat and I thought it impossible for 'first world' countries citizens (by birth) to falsify their ages, but it is clear that they can, and it's been done.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 1:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
^^ Who were those that did such, I mean those who falsified their ages?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
hmmm interesting topic
hope Rooney didn't falsify his age cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 1:23pm On Jul 23, 2014
SailorXY: hmmm interesting topic
hope Rooney didn't falsify his age cheesy

Hahahahahahahaha.

It was an article where Samuel Eto ex lover who had a child for him stated that Eto was 39 February last year based on info she got from Eto's childhood friend. The article went further to mention names of star (not footballers) who revealed they reduced their age: Eminem, Nicole Sherzinger, Nelly, Gerry Halliwell, and any more. Also a model, Agyness Deyn, agreed she lied to get through the modelling world. Police bursted Niki Minaj in 2011 that she reduced her age by 2 yrs, according to the report by dailymail.

Now, my question is, if it's so easy to falsify age in American, then why did we previously think this is restricted to 3rd world countries alone? I know too there has been controversy over Beyonce's age. Someone like John Terry and Robben, I don't know.... As for Rooney, he's clean. He's been under the microscope since age 6. .

Those Sweden U-17 guys who played against Iheanacho and co, mehn, they were looking 25 to 30.

Hope I won't get banned for this?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2014
I saw eminem in elamps baba's writeup and fell off my unicorn
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
illiteracy is a disease sha!

may thunder punish oshiomole & igbinedion for the mediocre education they have provided in edo state.

so celebrities who can claim anything without a legal requirement to show evidence are now being compared to professional footballers who must show evidence of birth certificate?

i give up!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 1:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
^^^

I just checked, Agyness Deyn, is an English model. She confessed to have reduced her age by 6 years. If she were a footballer, she wouldn't ever say. How come she wasn't ever bursted?

Mod, pls no ban. This is a related topic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 1:36pm On Jul 23, 2014
coogar: illiteracy is a disease sha!

may thunder punish oshiomole & igbinedion for the mediocre education they have provided in edo state.

so celebrities who can claim anything without a legal requirement to show evidence are now being compared to professional footballers who must show evidence of birth certificate?

i give up!!!!

Why shouldn't there be a legal requirement? Is it not a profession?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 1:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
If prominent celebrity can cut off 6 years from her CV and got away with it for years, even decades, then that system is as good as dead.

It took years to even unravel Niki's own and Beyonce's is still being questioned.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
elampiro2:
Why shouldn't there be a legal requirement? Is it not a profession?

go to the music industry & complain in america. i wonder who nicole is cheating if she's 55 & she claims to be 15.

singing is for everyone - there's no age grade american music industry do not grade age. football is different. all professional footballers are required to prove their age to help with their "physical" development.

elampiro2: If prominent celebrity can cut off 6 years from her CV and got away with it for years, even decades, then that system is as good as dead.
It took years to even unravel Niki's own and Beyonce's is still being questioned.

no one unraveled anything - they confessed themselves. they didn't fail age test, they never falsified documents to claim any useless age and there was never a time they represented club or country for any age grade competition. that you are even comparing this to football is highly laughable.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 1:45pm On Jul 23, 2014
leggo: I saw eminem in elamps baba's writeup and fell off my unicorn

Why should a prominent person cheat about his age and get away with it even for 6 months in a country like America? In this century? This is my question. It means something is wrong with the system.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 1:48pm On Jul 23, 2014
coogar:

go to the music industry & complain in america. i wonder who nicole is cheating if she's 55 & she claims to be 15.

singing is for everyone - there's no age grade american music industry do not grade age. football is different. all professional footballers are required to prove their age to help with their "physical" development.

What about the model who said she did it to get her career though? She wouldn't have been signed up if she didn't reduce her age by 6 years.

However, my eye opener here is that age cheat is possible in Western world. Too bad! I can guess Terri is 40. Robben
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
elampiro2:

Why should a prominent person cheat about his age and get away with it even for 6 months in a country like America? In this century? This is my question. It means something is wrong with the system.

there's nothing wrong with the system. her real age is on her passport all this while. the one she gave was in their interviews with different magazines or journalists. they never had to show proof to give their age.....

elampiro2:
What about the model who said she did it to get her career though? She wouldn't have been signed up if she didn't reduce her age by 6 years.
However, my eye opener here is that age cheat is possible in Western world. Too bad! I can guess Terri is 40. Robben

why not find one single example in the football world? why not compare like for like? show us an example of any age cheat in the western world where birth certificate is a requirement.

modelling & professional football are worlds apart.

simple!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 1:52pm On Jul 23, 2014
coogar:

no one unraveled anything - they confessed themselves. they didn't fail age test, they never falsified documents to claim any useless age and there was never a time they represented club or country for any age grade competition. that you are even comparing this to football is highly laughable.

Nicky was busted by the Police. She didn't confess.

The most important thing here is, if it's possible with one person, its possible with all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
elampiro2:
Nicky was busted by the Police. She didn't confess.

show us the evidence where police busted nicole sherzinger for lying about her age. grin

The most important thing here is, if it's possible with one person, its possible with all.

come over from edo then & lie about your age in the premier league with a passport to back it up. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 1:57pm On Jul 23, 2014
coogar:

there's nothing wrong with the system. her real age is on her passport all this while. the one she gave was in their interviews with different magazines or journalists. they never had to show proof to give their age.....

why not find one single example in the football world? why not compare like for like? show us an example of any age cheat in the western world where birth certificate is a requirement.

modelling & professional football are worlds apart.

simple!

You made a good point. But if it's not an issue, why did daily mail make it one? Secondly, why should such a thing be allowed? This is because this age is in their online data like wikepedia. That should be a civil offense. I will investigate more on this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:01pm On Jul 23, 2014
elampiro2:

You made a good point. But if it's not an issue, why did daily mail make it one? Secondly, why should such a thing be allowed? This is because this age is in their online data like wikepedia. That should be a civil offense. I will investigate more on this.

you are just embarrassing yourself....
it's not an issue to claim you are anyone you want to claim. it becomes a crime when you have a valid document saying you are what you aren't.

if i tell a police officer i am age 2, i have not committed a crime. however, if my passport or driving license says i am 23 when my real age is 24 then i have committed an offence. nicole put a fake age on her website.....she didn't lie about it on her passport or a valid document.

you are comparing apples & oranges.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
coogar:

show us the evidence where police busted nicole sherzinger for lying about her age. grin

come over from edo then & lie about your age in the premier league with a passport to back it up. cheesy

You want the mode to ban me. Police bursted Nicky Minaj, and not Nicole. I can't give you the link. Spamboat things.

But, if there is a cheating, the western world will cover it better. Perhaps reason why they don't get caught. How many players from Ivory Coast, Ghana, Senegal, South Africaand other African countries have been caught? How many Argetines, Colombians? Or don't they cheat?

(1) (2) (3) ... (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) ... (14156) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: michaellovaldo(m), DammyOlu123(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.