Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,312 members, 7,822,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (808) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8755144 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (805) (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) ... (14158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 7:28am On Jul 29, 2014
coogar:

don't you wish the fat scouser can score like this?

Cooger..... Barney, young, bebe & cleverley (your favorite players) are actually the worst calamities to have befallen man utd in the last 3 seasons!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 7:45am On Jul 29, 2014
Dadehmola:

Cooger..... Barney, young, bebe & cleverley (your favorite players) are actually the worst calamities to have befallen man utd in the last 3 seasons!

I wonder what he sees in them

Top 100 man united players and they won't even smell the list
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:13am On Jul 29, 2014
coded01: HIS PRICE TAG COULD REACH €80 MILLION

Di María: record sale

http://www.marca.com/2014/07/28/en/football/real_madrid/1406531832.html
If 3-5-2 is our we line up this season then PSG can have him.
Only Rafeal,Shaw and hopefully Valencia will kick ass on the flank in this position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:31am On Jul 29, 2014
Just browse through news this morning. Strong rumours are not looking good for Fellaini and Kagawa. Kagawa might return to Dortmund. Too bad when considered he left them to join United purely for love of the club. Japanese players are said to love Man united so much. Hope this won't affect our Asia market?

Source: Guardian, Independent, NBC, Manchester Evening news.

Manchester evening news added that Anderson and Nani are also to be offloaded.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 9:49am On Jul 29, 2014
elampiro: Just browse through news this morning. Strong rumours are not looking good for Fellaini and Kagawa. Kagawa might return to Dortmund. Too bad when considered he left them to join United purely for love of the club. Japanese players are said to love Man united so much. Hope this won't affect our Asia market?

Source: Guardian, Independent, NBC, Manchester Evening news.

Manchester evening news added that Anderson and Nani are also to be offloaded.
Anderson ..... YES PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

NANI....... YES PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE

FELLAINI...... YES YES YES PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

KAGAWA...... YES. NO.. (Not so sure he would fit in. I like him cos he loves to play for the club but for his own good I think he should leave)

CLEVERLY...... I do not think he would leave just yet. I think he would be given a season to prove himself

YOUNG..... I do not think he would leave just yet as well. I think he would be given a season to prove himself as well.

SMALLLING/JONES/EVANS..... I think none will leave.

VALENCIA.... Certainly staying

ZAHA..... I think he would be sent on loan again
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:55am On Jul 29, 2014
capricornian:
Anderson ..... YES PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

NANI....... YES PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE

FELLAINI...... YES YES YES PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

KAGAWA...... YES. NO.. (Not so sure he would fit in. I like him cos he loves to play for the club but for his own good I think he should leave)

CLEVERLY...... I do not think he would leave just yet. I think he would be given a season to prove himself

YOUNG..... I do not think he would leave just yet as well. I think he would be given a season to prove himself as well.

SMALLLING/JONES/EVANS..... I think none will leave.

VALENCIA.... Certainly staying

ZAHA..... I think he would be sent on loan again

all 'em English duds will remain cuz they are simply that... English

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:15am On Jul 29, 2014
dopeJemi:

So now you saying both cleverly and anderson are usless that neymar, suarez or messi will have to run 80yards just to score grin grin

Kay now, how many times have madrid and barca scored without the help of midfielders?

no....i am saying the burden of always having to create would be less if we have an attack who can create goals on their own single-handedly. however, when you have a useless forward like rooney, midfielders have to create all the time. in man utd, the midfielders take the blame.

then came the world cup - no united central midfielder featured for england. so it was generally expected gerrard & henderson would be an upgrade to anderson & cleverley. rooney was going to rule the world & win the golden boot. what happened in the end? grin cheesy the fat scouser flopped again.

what does that tell you?

afrodoc:
LMAO most of the wonder goals scored in the goal of the week programs are by journeymen footballers.
No be by who score gen gen goal.
Coogar lets keep it 100.....are you saying Bebe Winans is better than Rooney? cheesy

in 2014, bebe has been better than rooney. bebe was scoring goal of the season contender on a weekly basis while the obese striker was stinking up the joint in allianz arena & old trafford.

Dadehmola:

that's your opinion.
all i know is these players are very good. it only takes an astute manager to get the best out of them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:31am On Jul 29, 2014
LUKE SHAW IS UNFIT

Asked at a post-training press conference why Shaw worked alone, United manager Van Gaal said:

'I am always a trainer who sees the individuals and what each player needs.

'Luke needs to be fit and he’s not very fit and can’t perform how I want. He needs to be fit and to train individually.

'I can’t judge why. I see what I see. I have spoken with him and we have made a programme with him.

'He has agreed. We will have to see how long it takes. I don’t know.

what a waste of money!
fabio contreao would have made more sense than this overrated english lightweight.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 10:35am On Jul 29, 2014
SailorXY:

You probably right but I think they can still do the job. Even though we had a woeful season last season I think some of them can be used as squad players for another season. Smalling, IMO is the weakest link in our defence line who can still do a decent job when called upon. Jones must stop this 'king kong' thingy of his. I've always loved Evans but I believe he performs better when led by an experienced leader figure. I BELIEVE WE NEED A TOP CLASS DEFENDER- JUST ONE!

Cleverly to me is unpredictable, really. Squad player he can still be for a season BUT WE NEED A REAL DEAL.. DESTROYER AND SOMEONE WHO CAN INITIATE IN THE MIDFIELD. A POWERFUL & FAST PERSON. Vidal I think might do well but the price hey

A Winger in the form of hmmmmm (help me) but I really don't think we need Angel Maria.

Chicharito should RUN now for his own good. I like him though. I think we sorted in the attack
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:53am On Jul 29, 2014
Vidal agrees man united move
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 10:58am On Jul 29, 2014
dopeJemi: Vidal agrees man united move

You sure?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:03am On Jul 29, 2014
dopeJemi: Vidal agrees man united move
Source?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:44am On Jul 29, 2014
SailorXY:

But we don't have an English coach. He is not even favouring Shaw.

Anyway, anyhow. Mine is to watch and hope we do well this time. Finishing top 3 is my target.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:49am On Jul 29, 2014
capricornian:

You sure?

verbal agreement - it's unofficial.

[img]http://metrouk2.files./2014/07/vidal1.jpg?w=320&h=201&crop=1#038;h=377[/img]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
Well Vidal was always interested in the Move. Its Juve who want us to break the bank for him. We'll pay through the nose. Probably close to £50m
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
MrTA: Well Vidal was always interested in the Move. Its Juve who want us to break the bank for him. We'll pay through the nose. Probably close to £50m

el mercurio(where the news broke) is the most reputable tabloid in the whole of latin america. they have never reported a fake news.

we should know in 3 hours time. juventus are doing a presser at 3pm. allegri would be forced to say what the true situation is cos journalists will ask.

so the meltdown may start at 3pm
ARTURIN or ARTUROUT?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 12:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
Yes!!! Vidal finally, better than Cleverley & Fellaini.
Luke Shaw will do well, its quite early to fault him. He had a better game against Roma than against the Americans, he will be good money value. Remember he just moved up the ladder in his life & I saw a video of him crying like an emotional kid, some adjustment time will be required.

I like Fellaini sha grin grin grin cool guy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
JayKayMaybachz: Source?

Goal.com

It was reported yesterday that juve won't sell vidal unless he says he wants the move

And now he has accepted to join us
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
capricornian:

You sure?

Yeah
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 1:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
Where una dey get this Vidal's news from sef?

Allegri: "We are delighted that Arturo Vidal will remain at Juventus."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
Coogar, we had a poor season and it is wrong to blame it on some of the guys who were doing thier best to help us finish decently.

* Man United went to preseason. Rooney did not attend and we had our worst preseason in over two decades. Rooney and Val didn't attend. RVP attended the preseason. I can't remember if we won any match RVP participated in.

* In the league proper, our first lost was to Liverpool. Rooney did not play.

* Against West Brom, Man United levelled scores at 1-1 on 57th minute via Rooney, then RVP was introduced on 58th minutes to help us win the match. He couldn't. Instead we lost. We sank to 12th position on the league.

* RVP went on injury after the loss to Necastle. RVP played the number 10 behind Chihca in that game. After that loss we sank again to number 9 [/b]on the table when we were already hopeful of starting the catch up run with the upper teams.

* After the above RVP's injury, Rooney, Welbeck, Phil Jones, Januzaj and Valencia led the team to [b]four straight league victories. We moved to 6th position after 19 matches. We were now 3 points from top four and 8 points from the top of the league (1st)
. At this time we won comfortably our cup fixtures. This was our best period.

* On New Year day we lost to Tottenham. Jones had been injured and Rooney who missed the previous match had to be played through injury. Carrick and Cleverley returned to as our midfield pair. After the game, it was announced that Rooney had been playing through pains and needed to be given a rest for proper treatment. At this time, we were still in contention for all the compectitions.

* In the remaining part of January, we went out of FA Cup, Carling cup. But we were still 6 points from 4th position and 11 points from the the top after 21 matches.

* Week 22, Mata and RVP joined the lads plus Rooney. Then we had the following results with our big players (including a newly 37m pounds mercenary) Cardiff (w), Stoke (L), Fulham (D), Arsenal (D) Palace (W) West Brom (W), Liverpool(L). = W3, D2,L2.

Meanwhile, the top teams kept winning such that we were 15 points from entering top four with nine matches to go. At the time everyone knew it was all but over except mathematically. Although we had hopes for Europa.

* RVP got injured again. Man United played West Ham (W), CIty (L), Villa (W), Newcastle (W), Everton (L), Norwich (W). W4, D0, L2. Then Rooney fell to injury again.

* Man United could only win one of three remaining matches even though RVP had returned. Sunderland at OT (L), Hull (W), SOuthampton (D). Winning against Sunderland should have taken us to 6th position at the time.

*** A close look at the above will reveal that our best results (high scoreline victories) came when RVP was injured. Our best period was in December when he was away. It should be noted too that RVP started more matches than Welbeck. RVP also had more plauing time than Welbeck. 1584 to 1459.

Even on the centre foward, Rooney was rated higher than RVP by whoscored even though Rooney was always subbed when Man United had gone two or three nil up. Rooney's goals per match from the centre forward is also far superior than RVP's.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
It;s shocking to note that RVP had more playing time than Welbeck. He was just 357 minutes short of Valencia's playing time. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 2:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
"Moyes should not be allowed inside Old Trafford all the days of his life, even if he is coming as coach of the away team"

Cheioo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
Louis van Gaal will stick with 3-5-2 system

Louis van Gaal will continue with his new system for the rest of pre-season to give his Manchester United players as much time as possible to adapt before the new campaign begins.
Van Gaal has deployed a 3-5-2 formation in both games on tour so far, against LA Galaxy and Roma, albeit with almost completely different personnel in each of the four halves.

The manager has pointed out that he has other options but wants to stick with his preferred shape against Inter Milan on Tuesday and Real Madrid on Saturday.

"It’s difficult to change the systems and I had to start this system at once because we don’t have time to change it," van Gaal told media at a press conference in Washington DC.

"We only have three weeks before the season starts, so I have to use all my training sessions to implement this system.

"They know already the other system [4-4-2 or 4-3-3]; they have played that from their youth, so that’s easy. You saw that in the [Netherlands’] game against Mexico – I’m sorry to say that when we were 1-0 down I changed the system to 4-3-3 and then we beat them!"

Van Gaal confirmed Wilfried Zaha, who hasn’t yet seen any action in the States, will play up front in the second half of the International Champions Cup game against Inter.

"When we play this system, he has to play as a striker, otherwise he cannot play," said the boss. "Young is another winger but he can play as wing-back. We shall see."

Left wing-back Luke Shaw trained away from the main group in Monday evening’s open session and van Gaal was asked why.

"Luke Shaw is okay," he confirmed. "I am a coach who looks at what individual players need and I think he needs to be fit, but he is not very fit.

"Therefore he cannot perform what I want, so first he has to be fit and has to train individually.

"I have spoken with him and we have made the programme. He agreed with me. I don’t know [when he will be fit], but I have heard good messages from [fitness coach Tony] Strudwick."

The boss was also asked about Javier Hernandez, who joined up with the squad in Los Angeles and played the final 20 minutes of the 3-2 win over Roma in Denver.

"He came later than the other players because the Dutch national team beat Mexico in the last 16!" joked van Gaal. "That's why he has to train. I believe he is fit.

"When he plays, he will play in the striker's position and there is great competition there with Rooney, Welbeck, van Persie, Keane, Zaha – a lot of players."

MUFC website and fb.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:40pm On Jul 29, 2014
* Why are our training videos on the internet? I could see Gaal instructing Rooney where to aim his corner kicks. All the ones I have seen fell on near post.......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 2:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
ChristineC: "Moyes should not be allowed inside Old Trafford all the days of his life, even if he is coming as coach of the away team"

Cheioo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
kai see beef
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by r231(m): 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Good lord, Vidal and Juve both trying to get the other to be the ones to initiate the "break up" so that they don't look like the bad guy. Can you imagine the conversation when he sits down with them?

Juve: Do you want to leave?
Vidal: Do you want me to leave?
Juve: We didn't say that. So do you want to stay?
Vidal: I didn't say that. Do you want me to stay?
Juve: If you want to go, we'll let you.
Vidal: If you want me to leave, I'll go.
Juve: So, do you want to go?
Vidal: Do you want me to go?
Juve: We asked you first.
Vidal: I asked you second.
Juve: They offered us a lot of money
Vidal: They offered me a lot of money, too.
Juve: So.
Vidal: So.
Juve: What do you think?
Vidal: I dunno, what do you think?
Juve: This is going nowhere.
Vidal: So you don't want me to go anywhere?
Juve: We didn't say that.

And then it continues like this for 3 hours, neither will commit to anything, so he stays resenting Juve because he didn't double his salary by moving, and Juve resenting Vidal because they missed out on some much needed funds.

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
elampiro is a shameless liar.....

•our first loss was against liverpool, rooney didn't play & liverpool were lucky to went on with a win that day. united were 7th on the table after the loss. this is discounting the community shield, swansea win, etc that RVP singlehandedly won by himself.

•by 22nd of september after the manchester derby, united had dropped to 8th. RVP didn't play, rooney led united to the most humiliating loss last season.

•against west brom, rooney led united into another loss. he started, scored a flukey goal via freekick as an equaliser. he completed 90 mins & couldn't find his bearing. RVP came on to salvage the damage rooney had caused but it wasn't to be as we were always behind west brom for the entire game. we sank to the 12th position.

•we drew southampton at OT(rooney was so useless moyes took him off after completing almost 90 mins & recording only 2 shots in the entire game). rooney also played the entire game when we lost to everton at OT. RVP was already injured by this time.......rooney sank united lower on the table to 9th.

***elampiro lied blatantly here that it was the newcastle game that took us to the 9th position when the real fact states it was the everton loss where RVP played no part that took us to 9th.***
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
coogar:
carlotti failed here. jose failed last season. benitez failed. mancini failed. wenger failed for almost a decade.

How did Carlo fail? He won a domestic double in his first season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
dopeJemi:

Goal.com

It was reported yesterday that juve won't sell vidal unless he says he wants the move

And now he has accepted to join us
Goal.com is not reputable especially that their transfer talk segement.
A few days ago they reported vidal wasn't going to pick us if he left Juve.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
raumdeuter:

How did Carlo fail? He won a domestic double in his first season.

and what happened afterwards? if it's about what managers won in their debut season then wenger & di matteo are the best managers in the world.

carlotti failed, carlotti got sacked. if he was brilliant, roman wouldn't have sacked him. the premier league is no respecter of managers. even scolari got axed. magath is a deity in germany & his mediocrity got exposed in england.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 3:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
SIRcumalot:
Goal.com is not reputable especially that their transfer talk segement.
A few days ago they reported vidal wasn't going to pick us if he left Juve.

Didn't see that, they are a bit reliable though

(1) (2) (3) ... (805) (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) ... (14158) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.