Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (807) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8719367 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (804) (805) (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:58pm On Jul 28, 2014
coogar:

check yours....
thanks for the reply
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 11:04pm On Jul 28, 2014
elampiro: Torres needs prayers.
Fernando Torres misses an open goal from two-yards out - earth still orbits sun
Jul 27, 2014 19:11
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fernando-torres-misses-open-goal-3923059

Coogar has blamed all the Chelsea managers, players,physios, ball boys and even Putin for Torres's rubbish form in the last 4years.......basically everybody but Torres himself.
I must admit his loyalty to opolo players like Anderson ,Torres,Young and Cleverley even though misplaced is very admirable.........Coogar you would make a great consigliere

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:16pm On Jul 28, 2014
Fellaini heading to Napoli according to papers
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:30pm On Jul 28, 2014
afrodoc:

Coogar has blamed all the Chelsea managers, players,physios, ball boys and even Putin for Torres's rubbish form in the last 4years.......basically everybody but Torres himself.
I must admit his loyalty to opolo players like Anderson ,Torres,Young and Cleverley even though misplaced is very admirable.........Coogar you would make a great consigliere

Like Uche Chukwumerije to Abacha those days. Coogar would make a good 'Reuben Abati'.

Seriously, I never knew he defends Torres. Torres ke.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:30pm On Jul 28, 2014
elampiro:
Can you say we dominated those matches? We even gave up two goals lead against City and Chelsea (unlike us). Newcastle were always coming back. Most of our victories in the fist half os the season when Cleverley featured, we won by a single goal difference. If I could remember, we ran shoulder to shoulder with City in that period.

we dominated those games.....
that we scored 2 goals and prevented both teams from scoring on their own soil in the first 45 minutes say a lot about our approach in those games. ashley young scored a brilliant goal that a blind ref disallowed, otherwise it would have been 4-2.

It sounds like we won all 18 matches, right?
Like I said, he did well at the beginning but he easily tired out half way into the season.

he did well throughout the season. he was instrumental to everything we achieved in the midfield that season. he played well, linked up the play & retained possession.

I have read several reports.

e.g 'Cleverley: van Gaal named Cleverely captain last night which came as a big surprise to everyone. Maybe it was a tool to lift Cleverley and help him overcome the criticism but he didn’t rise to the occasion. Tom was tidy in parts of the game but he never looked like a captain and when Roma brought on Totti and Pjanic in the second half his performance deteriorated. Van Gaal commented after the game that his passers continuously, ‘gave the ball away’, Cleverley was guilty of this and was subbed for Hernandez on the 68th minute.' http://unitedramble.com/player-ratings-manchester-united-3-2-roma/

exactly -
you read reports, you didn't watch the game to process the information you saw yourself logically. how can you use other people's opinion as an evidence in a debate. opinions aren't facts! this is why 20 different pundits will give 20 different player ratings. it's their opinion, it's not factual.

The trauma of last season is still fresh. If we can kick on as we are very fine and good. But even if we qualify for the UCL, this team wouldn't be a world beater which is what we should be working towards immediately. No room for errors.

the 98/99 team didn't look like world beaters too. i cannot even remember anytime in the last 20 years we had a team that we all believed could go & conquer the league & europe. it's always these doom & gloom stories every season and yet we get to watch all the "world class" teams around us envy us when we pinch the titles.

The fact is that the midfield has been our weakness, and for years as we have all agreed on this thread. Why do we pretend as if all is well now? I don't eant a situation where Rooney, Mata and Kagawa will spend the majority of their time helping midfielders to defend.

we are well-equipped in the midfield. you can't just throw money at every problem. what do you think this is? fantasy football? van gaal is new - he has to assess the team & see first hand what he needs and which area needs fixing. if he's not buying right now, it simply means there's no problem to be fixed.

afrodoc:

yet, if you lay torres' medals on a rug, he's achieved more than any forward in europe. torres rubbish form? of course, he's rubbish aside from numerous golden boots & the fact that he's won virtually all relevant football competitions he's played.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:32pm On Jul 28, 2014
chrisley024: Fellaini heading to Napoli according to papers

From the world cup games, I knew he wouldnt make a good player for Man United. He was just there in the field. Not commading or dictating.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:47pm On Jul 28, 2014
#Team_siddonLook cool

Waiting for season to kick off abeg...all dis arguments n speculations are getting fat boring like Anderson...day in,day out.

Phew!! undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:48pm On Jul 28, 2014
The fact that coogar can count the number of times cleverly has had a good game speaks volume of how average he really is

So when madrid fans will be calling, modric, kroos, and barca fans will be calling, rakitic, iniesta, xavi, coogar, you'll be calling cleverly and anderson?

And you expect us to compete in europe
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:49pm On Jul 28, 2014
elampiro:

From the world cup games, I knew he wouldnt make a good player for Man United. He was just there in the field. Not commading or dictating.

but he scored the same number of goals as a "world class" rooney. he wasn't commanding & dictating? cheesy grin

dopeJemi: The fact that coogar can count the number of times cleverly has had a good game speaks volume of how average he really is

i can also count the number of games he's started.

So when madrid fans will be calling, modric, kroos, and barca fans will be calling, rakitic, iniesta, xavi, coogar, you'll be calling cleverly and anderson?
And you expect us to compete in europe

so you honestly do think it's that midfield that won la decima for madrid or the firepower in the attack? grin cheesy grin

madrid - ronaldo + bale + benzema
barca - neymar + messi + pedro
united - useless rooney + welbeck + valencia

that's the difference between united & the other teams last season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:56pm On Jul 28, 2014
elampiro:

You have a point. The man was just dangling about like Mikel
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:58pm On Jul 28, 2014
coogar:

but he scored the same number of goals as a "world class" rooney. he wasn't commanding & dictating? cheesy grin

Your first eleven

-------- gomez --------

Glen j---- smalling--- kolo toure--- kieran richardson

Puncheon--- anderson--- cleverly--- young------

--------- graham----- torres-----

grin grin

I won't be surprised if you say this squad can beat madrid, no be you? Coogar?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
coogar:

i can also count the number of games he's started.

so you honestly do think it's that midfield that won la decima for madrid or the firepower in the attack? grin cheesy grin

madrid - ronaldo + bale + benzema
barca - neymar + messi + pedro
united - useless rooney + welbeck + valencia

that's the difference between united & the other teams last season.

Wouldn't have been possible without the likes of iniesta and xavi, modric and alonso
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:06am On Jul 29, 2014
ChristineC:
You have a point. The man was just dangling about like Mikel

Yes o.

* I always like it when you comment on football here.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:13am On Jul 29, 2014
coogar:

united - rooney + welbeck + valencia

The three guys you mentioned above won most of the matches three of them played together, particularly when Jones was behind them. When we had the three or four of them fit and starting, we looked like competing for the title by Christmas.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:15am On Jul 29, 2014
dopeJemi:
Wouldn't have been possible without the likes of iniesta and xavi, modric and alonso

says who?
remove messi from barca & they are about 40% less effective. same as madrid. without their firepower, those teams aren't better than us.

however, they have a firepower capable of scoring gazillion goals while fat rooney can only manage 17 league goals(less than yaya toure who is essentially a midfielder). that's the difference.

give us messi, suarez & neymar in the attack & let's see if we won't score 150 goals this season and be 21 points ahead of the rest as early as december.

elampiro:
The three guys you mentioned above won most of the matches three of them played together, particularly when Jones was behind them. When we had the three or four of them fit and starting, we looked like competing for the title by Christmas.

the three of them took us to the 7th position. that's what history will remember. RVP was injured for most parts last season so he cannot share the blame in our woeful performance. we finished 7th.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 12:17am On Jul 29, 2014
afrodoc:

You have forgotten the great BEBE, BEBEonigba, BEBEstubborn, BEBEistoomuch, BEBEnlo, BEBEnbe

Few clips from the awesome BEBEstic BEBE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHyeRiIEK0M

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 12:17am On Jul 29, 2014
BREAKING NEWS: Chelsea fc have
completed the signing of South korea
defender PARK D' BUS on a 4-year
deal worth £4.5m

Roflmao grin grin grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:20am On Jul 29, 2014
coogar:

says who?
remove messi from barca & they are about 40% less effective. same as madrid. without their firepower, those teams aren't better than us.

however, they have a firepower capable of scoring gazillion goals while fat rooney can only manage 17 league goals(less than yaya toure who is essentially a midfielder). that's the difference.

give us messi, suarez & neymar in the attack & let's see if we won't score 150 goals this season and be 21 points ahead of the rest as early as december.

So who will give them the passes? Cleverly and anderson? grin grin grin grin

Coogar goodnight, I dey go sleep
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:23am On Jul 29, 2014
coogar:

the three of them took us to the 7th position. that's what history will remember. RVP was injured for most parts last season so he cannot share the blame in our woeful performance. we finished 7th.

That's not true. We were 12th when RVP was fit. Those guys took us close to within title contenders in the busy Christmas period, only for them to fall to injuries themselves almost at same time, except for Val.

We were still hopeful for a top four or top three finish when Mata was bought and RVP became fit, but those two guys piled their woes on our misery. RVP in particular must have lost more than half of the points he played for last season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:29am On Jul 29, 2014
elampiro:
That's not true. We were 12th when RVP was fit. Those guys took us close to within title contenders in the busy Christmas period, only for them to fall to injuries themselves almost at same time, except for Val.

12th gini? why are you lying like this? when did RVP get injured and where were we on the table then?

We were still hopeful for a top four or top three finish when Mata was bought and RVP became fit, but those two guys piled their woes on our misery. RVP in particular must have lost more than half of the points he played for last season.

RVP got injured more than 3 times last season. stop quoting information from your rectum. it was rooney that pissed away our season. the rot started at the etihad when we lost 4-1. rooney was the main man in that game & he delivered a steamy pile of shyte!

dopeJemi:
So who will give them the passes? Cleverly and anderson? grin grin grin grin
Coogar goodnight, I dey go sleep

who gave gareth bale the pass when he ran almost 80 yards to score a goal in copa del rey final?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 12:34am On Jul 29, 2014
raumdeuter:

You have forgotten the great BEBE, BEBEonigba, BEBEstubborn, BEBEistoomuch, BEBEnlo, BEBEnbe

Few clips from the awesome BEBEstic BEBE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHyeRiIEK0M

very true Bebebelube is one of Coogar's favorite players.....he sure knows how to pick them cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:37am On Jul 29, 2014
afrodoc:

very true Bebebelube is one of Coogar's favorite players.....he sure knows how to pick them cheesy

the same bebe was the highest scoring portugese player in their league. i have the gift of foresight, you guys have the gift of hindsight.

i am sure bebe has scored more goals than rooney in 2014 if we remove awoof penalties from rooney's haul.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:38am On Jul 29, 2014
coogar:

12th gini? why are you lying like this? when did RVP get injured and where were we on the table then?

RVP got injured more than 3 times last season. stop quoting information from your rectum. it was rooney that pissed away our season. the rot started at the etihad when we lost 4-1. rooney was the main man in that game & he delivered a steamy pile of shyte!

who gave gareth bale the pass when he ran almost 80 yards to score a goal in copa del rey final?

We had two good periods last season and RVP did not participate in both. The first good period was when we went on a winning spree beginning from our 5-0 at Leverkusen. At the end of the period we were counting our chances here.

We had another period where Rooney and Mata were scoring. RVP was not there too.

RVP was involved in most period we struggled. The first was the beginning of the season when we were on 12th and 9th or thereabout. We were so so far away in points from top teams. The second period was when he returned, Mata was bought and we felt yes, we could make it. Whoosaa! We lost to Stoke, drew Saundrland..... I can even remember the small small teams we drew or lost to that period and we were out of sight with top 5 teams completely.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 12:41am On Jul 29, 2014
coogar:

the same bebe was the highest scoring portugese player in their league. i have the gift of foresight, you guys have the gift of hindsight.

i am sure bebe has scored more goals than rooney in 2014 if we remove awoof penalties from rooney's haul.

Yes that is why there were riots in Portugal when he didnt make the Portuguese squad in the world cup.
And please what is the the significance of being the highest scoring Portuguese player in the yeye Portuguese league?
The same league that made AVB a genius while he has been exposed TWICE in England as a charlatan?
ONE EPL PENALTY IS WORTH 3 GOALS SCORED FROM THE CENTRE CIRCLE IN PORTUGAL grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:46am On Jul 29, 2014
elampiro:
We had two good period last season and RVP did not participate in both. The first good period was when we went on a winning spree beginning from our 5-0 at Leverkusen. At the end of the period we were counting our chances here.

which stüpid good period? how many league games have we lost before we played leverkusen? weren't leverkusen the last european team we played before the winter break?

We had another period where Rooney and Mata were scoring. RVP was not there too.

mata didn't even join us until the ending of january. by then, we had lost about 6 league games already. many of those games had rooney starting as the main man and delivering a performance equivalent to a shït sample of a dog that is dying of dysentery.

RVP was involved in most period we struggled. The first was the beginning of the season when we were on 12th and 9th or thereabout. We were so so far away in points from top teams. The second period was when he returned, Mata was bought and we felt yes, we could make it. Whoosaa! We lost to Stoke, drew Saundrland..... I can even remember the small small teams we drew or lost to that period and we were out of sight with top 5 teams completely.

each time RVP came back, he scored goals & we played really well. rooney on the other hand was rubbish for most parts. it was RVP that rescued us when we faced olympiakos by scoring a hatrick at OT. rooney was useless in both legs of that tie. RVP went injured again & rooney completed his aroma of shyte when he surrendered like a whorë to mediocre defenders like boateng & dante.

afrodoc:
Yes that is why there were riots in Portugal when he didnt make the Portuguese squad in the world cup.
And please what is the the significance of being the highest scoring Portuguese player in the yeye Portuguese league?
The same league that made AVB a genius while he has been exposed TWICE in England as a charlatan?
ONE EPL PENALTY IS WORTH 3 GOALS SCORED FROM THE CENTRE CIRCLE IN PORTUGAL grin

why should there be riots? tevez didn't make his world cup squad. nasri didnt. were there riots in their respective countries? they were both league winners when the world cup squad was selected. you are not saying much.

if it's about managers that have failed here, there are plenty of them to name. don't just stop at AVB. carlotti failed here. jose failed last season. benitez failed. mancini failed. wenger failed for almost a decade.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:47am On Jul 29, 2014
Sleep time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:53am On Jul 29, 2014
coogar:

which stüpid good period? how many league games have we lost before we played leverkusen? weren't leverkusen the last european team we played before the winter break?

mata didn't even join us until the ending of january. by then, we had lost about 6 league games already. many of those games had rooney starting as the main man and delivering a performance equivalent to a shït sample of a dog that is dying of dysentery.

each time RVP came back, he scored goals & we played really well. rooney on the other hand was rubbish for most parts. it was RVP that rescued us when we faced olympiakos by scoring a hatrick at OT. rooney was useless in both legs of that tie. RVP went injured again & rooney completed his aroma of shyte when he surrendered like a whorë to mediocre defenders like boateng & dante.

Don't worry. Tomorrow, I will give you details.

The January you are talking about, I can bet Rooney only played one game because even in December we went on winning spree, he played through groin injury- he was managing.. Same with Jones. The baton fell on Kagawa, Chicha, that period.

As I said, we will review all tomorrow. Matches played by these players and how the table changed in the periods they were fit or injured.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 12:56am On Jul 29, 2014
coogar:

why should there be riots? tevez didn't make his world cup squad. nasri didnt. were there riots in their respective countries? they were both league winners when the world cup squad was selected. you are not saying much.

if it's about managers that have failed here, there are plenty of them to name. don't just stop at AVB. carlotti failed here. jose failed last season. benitez failed. mancini failed. wenger failed for almost a decade.

You aint saying much either. Portugal does not have goal scorers, they rarely do. Being the top scoring Portuguese player in a yeye Portuguese league overpopulated with akara defenders is nothing special.
Bebe is as fecal as they come, he has the subtlety of a r.apist and the intelligence of a duck billed platypus
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:03am On Jul 29, 2014
afrodoc:

You aint saying much either. Portugal does not have goal scorers, they rarely do. Being the top scoring Portuguese player in a yeye Portuguese league overpopulated with akara defenders is nothing special.
Bebe is as fecal as they come, he has the subtlety of a r.apist and the intelligence of a duck billed platypus

don't you wish the fat scouser can score like this?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:21am On Jul 29, 2014
coogar:
don't you wish the fat scouser can score like this?

LMAO most of the wonder goals scored in the goal of the week programs are by journeymen footballers.
No be by who score gen gen goal.
Coogar lets keep it 100.....are you saying Bebe Winans is better than Rooney? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 5:53am On Jul 29, 2014
HIS PRICE TAG COULD REACH €80 MILLION

Di María: record sale

http://www.marca.com/2014/07/28/en/football/real_madrid/1406531832.html
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 6:49am On Jul 29, 2014
coogar:

So now you saying both cleverly and anderson are usless that neymar, suarez or messi will have to run 80yards just to score grin grin

Kay now, how many times have madrid and barca scored without the help of midfielders?

(1) (2) (3) ... (804) (805) (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: TradingGod and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.