Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8708157 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8223) (8224) (8225) (8226) (8227) (8228) (8229) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2020
Expert17:
Bruno Fernandes is the only player in Man utd that will comfortably make it into Man City and Liverpool 1st eleven and he's also our best player.........
It's annoying when guys always talk about Bruno improving when we have 20+ players(AWB, Degea,Lindelof, Rashford,Martial,Pogba,....) that needs the improvement more.

We can't scroll through 3 pages on this thread without someone talking about Bruno needing improvement.

And pogba won't make it into their 1st 11
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2020
I thought to improve means to get better, as to increase one's ability or certain areas.

When a player peaks do they improve or keep performing at a certain height and then decline. I mean players like Ronaldo and Messi peaked early and kept performing. Or was there any improvement in their game after they peaked. Maybe slight changes due to age or tactics.

Even in FIFA, PES, football managers. Players peak and stay there for many seasons, their performance may fluctuate but their abilities don't develop like those of youngersters right Some players peak early, some peak late but the way some use the term "improve" it has go and confuse me sha grin

Well may Bruno not improve, may he get sidelined or flop grin and may united players lose to Sevilla. Can I get an amen cheesy. May Rashford not pick form again ever grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 2emotional(m): 2:00pm On Aug 12, 2020
grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:02pm On Aug 12, 2020
Sniper4real:

And pogba won't make it into their 1st 11

No wonder you were comparing Bruno with Mykhi.

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
Expert17:
If Messi join Man utd today his performance will drop because of the players around him....
So will you say Messi should improve?

If Degea, Maguire , Fred and co can give us 7/10 next season...... Fernandes improvement will be automatic because the guys around him will understand his quick play better and make better decisions.

Not just shouting Bruno should improve, when the main focus should be on others
what exactly are you saying? Martial, Greenwood, Shaw before his injury, Matic and Pogba have been great just as Bruno.

Attributing our form alone to Bruno is you being economical with the truth. If Bruno played with James, Lingard, Pereira and the likes do you think he will be doing the numbers he is doing now? I think not...

In simple terms, Martial, Bruno and our other standout players are doing well because of the quality in and around them...So, it isn't out of place to ask that they step it up a notch in our bid to challenge for more silverware...

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 2:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
afrodoc2:
For this team to challenge for titles our best players like Pogba, Martial, Greenwood, Maguire and Bruno have to improve, and we also need to get in more quality additions, while the younger and upcoming players like Williams,McTom, AWB also improve their game.

The reason why people want Bruno to improve (at least the reason why i say it) is because I seriously believe in him and know that he can get even much better, and that when he does this great things will happen for the team.

There is a reason people are not asking Jones, Pereira, Mata to improve anymore.

It is just a simple sturvs.
No matter how Bruno will improve if players around him n coach r nt doing their jobs well he will always luk average. In football improvement is a collective thing.look at pogba in last world cup n pogba of man utd .Dey r completely different persons.Ronaldo was able to score goals at madrid because of modric ,kroos n co.at Jeventus Dybala n co r doing dat.when pogba was at Jeventus d wizardry pirlo was there for him

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 2:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
Expert17:

No wonder you were comparing Bruno with Mykhi.

grin

undecided undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 2:07pm On Aug 12, 2020
afrodoc2:

Funnily enough Suso was in the same Liverpool youth team with Sterling and they were the best attacking players they had, playing at about the same level. I believe Conor Coady of Wolves was the captain playing CDM and CB.

Suso played no 10 and i really thought he and Sterling could go on and be big stars.
didn’t really kick on.. thought he had a stint at Milan where he’s just another cut and shoot merchant.. never really watched him at Sevilla shaa.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
Someone will drop a post you'll read and totally misunderstand what the person is trying to get across and from there, you start attacking the post without quoting the person.

I'll like to see the post where fans here are saying we shouldn't approach the game against Sevilla with a desire to win.

Also, see how some of you have totally misunderstood those who are asking that Bruno improves his overall game. Demanding that a player improves isn't hatred or destructive criticism at all...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 2:11pm On Aug 12, 2020
engrelvis:
No matter how Bruno will improve if players around him n coach r nt doing their jobs well he will always luk average. In football improvement is a collective thing.look at pogba in last world cup n pogba of man utd .Dey r completely different persons.Ronaldo was able to score goals at madrid because of modric ,kroos n co.at Jeventus Dybala n co r doing dat.when pogba was at Jeventus d wizardry pirlo was there for him
obob dis your writing abi na typing, no be here o grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 2:13pm On Aug 12, 2020
Leyqute:

I think it’s more of fans’ lack of trust in the team. And going by the last few shitty performances, you won’t blame them for thinking like that.

Anyone who watched the last three games (full time, not highlights or livescore), and has seen the blunders, fatigue and inconsistency of the players in these games won’t be confident going into the next match.

If the United that resumed after the COVID break has been showing up of recent morale will be high.

Is Suso better than Mahrez or Sterling?
I get your point.

we’ve sha have no reason to be losing to Sevilla though If not for anything we should win for Heritage . cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:14pm On Aug 12, 2020
engrelvis:

At last, someone is getting my point.

Shouting improve, when Degea, Lindelof and Maguirewill give opponent easy goals,......

If Bruno can give us a performance next season worthy of bn named as the best player in his position ( just like this season), that's good enough.

The rest need to upgrade

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:17pm On Aug 12, 2020
patrickmuf:
Someone will drop a post you'll read and totally misunderstand what the person is trying to get across and from there, you start attacking the post without quoting the person.

I'll like to see the post where fans here are saying we shouldn't approach the game against Sevilla with a desire to win.

Also, see how some of you have totally misunderstood those who are asking that Bruno improves his overall game. Demanding that a player improves isn't hatred or destructive criticism at all...

On this thread, it's hatred.

The same people ANGRY because Bruno is scoring all his PK, are demanding for improvement,.....jokes men cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 2:17pm On Aug 12, 2020
Expert17:

At last, someone is getting my point.

Shouting improve, when Degea, Lindelof and Maguirewill give opponent easy goals,......

If Bruno can give us a performance next season worthy of bn named as the best player in his position ( just like this season), that's good enough.

The rest need to upgrade
when did dis happen? Is the official PL team of the season out?

Edit: I now understand what you mean. he still needs to improve his execution though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 12, 2020
patrickmuf:

It might not be said outrightly but you can see the narrative or mood towards the game, making excuses already for the game like "it's not a do or die affair" and the likes. Mehn this is United and winning is our culture so it's a do or die affair, we are not in Germany for joke.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 12, 2020
Expert17:

The same people ANGRY because Bruno is scoring all his PK,
are demanding for improvement,.....jokes men cheesy cheesy cheesy

Just stop already, Bruno is highly revered in this streets. The perceived hatred against Bruno is all in your head, the dude is highly loved. But the facts are very simple, the team needs to improve and Bruno is part of the team, the same for every member of the team. Why izzit so hard to understand?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:34pm On Aug 12, 2020
weedtaker:
didn’t really kick on.. thought he had a stint at Milan where he’s just another cut and shoot merchant.. never really watched him at Sevilla shaa.

No he didn't. Teams generally don't play with no10s anymore so maybe that limited his options. He has a good footballing brain, and a sweet left foot but too slow to be a world class RWF.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:39pm On Aug 12, 2020
Expert17:

The same people ANGRY because Bruno is scoring all his PK, are demanding for improvement,.....jokes men cheesy cheesy cheesy

People here have been very specific in the area they want to see Bruno improve unless we've been reading different comments...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:40pm On Aug 12, 2020
handelex:
It might not be said outrightly but you can see the narrative or mood towards the game, making excuses already for the game like "it's not a do or die affair" and the likes. Mehn this is United and winning is our culture so it's a do or die affair, we are not in Germany for joke.
Can you point to the comment let's see if you're not misunderstanding someone...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:42pm On Aug 12, 2020
patrickmuf:

The issue is that with we fans, we will always be quick to mention or criticize the players that are not our favorite and will never or hardly mention those that are our favorites. Others tend to interpret it as you trying to tackle the ones that are not your favourites just to defend the ones you will never criticize. We do that here every time. It's what it is

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:45pm On Aug 12, 2020
handelex:
Just stop already, Bruno is highly revered in this streets. The perceived hatred against Bruno is all in your head, the dude is highly loved. But the facts are very simple, the team needs to improve and Bruno is part of the team, the same for every member of the team. Why izzit so hard to understand?

Should i show you the post where someone was
complaining aboutt Bruno scoring his PK?

Should I show you the post where someone was asking for OLE to be sacked even when he was on winning streak?

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF

Some Man UTD fans on this thread are angry when this club is doing well.. they want us to lose so they can say " I told you so"

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 2:48pm On Aug 12, 2020
Expert17:

you mean they were waiting to see him lose the penalties to rain curses on him grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 2:49pm On Aug 12, 2020
Kai, confusion, anger and hatred everywhere. No wonder the scripture says the devil is an author of confusion cry.

Crusade needs to hold here cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 2:50pm On Aug 12, 2020
Expert17:

Should I show you the post where someone was asking for OLE to be sacked even when he was on winning streak?

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF

Some Man UTD fans on this thread are angry when this club is doing well.. they want us to lose so they can say " I told you so"
'I told you so' geng

Please show me the post of the peoole complaining about Bruno not losing penalties... Abeg

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayromWrites: 2:51pm On Aug 12, 2020
I wonder what's with the fear sha

We defeated a very good man city team thrice in a season
Defeated Chelsea thrice as well

Fans were so scared of Leicester, guess what, we defeated them too

So y'all should calm down... It's a game of 90+ minutes

PS: we still got more penalties to play.. And Marital will step up to play it

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:58pm On Aug 12, 2020
Expert17:

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF

Really? Nawa for you oooo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 3:02pm On Aug 12, 2020
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 3:14pm On Aug 12, 2020
nitrogen:

But you complain lipsrsealed

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:16pm On Aug 12, 2020
weedtaker:
But you complain lipsrsealed

Complain say wetin?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
patrickmuf:
Can you point to the comment let's see if you're not misunderstanding someone...
Just revisit page 8221-8222 you'll understand what I mean. I get your point too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 12, 2020
Expert17:

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF

Pls do... maybe the person was just trolling cos no sane United supporter will be hoping for Bruno to miss a penalty in other to criticize him. As for the Ole out issue, everyone on this thread knows it's Nani667 and for me I've come to accept it as trolling too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2020
nitrogen:

na you been dey complain?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8223) (8224) (8225) (8226) (8227) (8228) (8229) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.