Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,384 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (853) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8738713 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) ... (14149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
Dadehmola:

Muri ogunbiyi (the guy from Benin republic), na im dey always form paul scholes for midfield that time. Then the one-eyed ogbonaya okemiri, Maldini-esque romanus orjinta, etc! cheesy cheesy

Gov orji uzor kalu sef dey follow coaches Sidon for bench that time...
afrodoc:
wa gbayi baba mi. cheesy
ndidi on the right was my favorite.
one-eyed okemiri at left back, ekene ezenwa, ayaya,onyekachi okonkwo e.t.c
All these boys wey bin dey watch Enyimba mid 2000s sha. . .
Chop knuckle jare.

I went to Aba to watch the first leg vs Ismaili in the 2004 CAF champions league final first leg.
Damn, I cannot forget the sight there.
OUK chartered the whole Eastern politicians to the stadium.
It was like Fort knox with all the security.
I made it to Port Harcourt at 11 pm that sunday evening.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
Dadehmola:

Muri ogunbiyi (the guy from Benin republic), na im dey always form paul scholes for midfield that time. Then the one-eyed ogbonaya okemiri, Maldini-esque romanus orjinta, etc! cheesy cheesy

Gov orji uzor kalu sef dey follow coaches Sidon for bench that time...

yeah muri had street skills, tyakase was the classy player. orjinta and his potbelly with nwaneri in defence ( they took over from eric ejiofor and seyi ogunsanya).
then ajibade omolade took over from okemiri.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
StarBoard:

Chop knuckle jare.

I went to Aba to watch the first leg vs Ismaili in the 2004 CAF champions league final first leg.

baba mi i no say u sef dey there.
remember captains rowland ewere, harry omokoh, romanus orjinta et al ? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 13, 2014
afrodoc:

baba mi i no say u sef dey there.
remember captains rowland ewere, harry omoko, romanus orjinta et al ? cheesy
Yes o.
Enyimba would buy off all the best players in the land.

But they were good. They would beat dolphin in Port Harcourt and the locals would be supporting them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 2:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
StarBoard:

Chop knuckle jare.

Your head is dia sir...

Enyimba was envy of all other clubs in nigeria. Compared to other clubs, Incentives like brand new cars and plots of lands, attractive allowances etc made them stand out. OUK was really crazy about the club. I remember he wanted to purchase one draman traore from Ismaili(one of the teams that made North Africa dominate African club football), for 2M (I think 500k was the highest amount paid for any player in nigeria as at that time).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2014
Dadehmola:

Your head is dia sir...

Enyimba was envy of all other clubs in nigeria. Compared to other clubs, Incentives like brand new cars and plots of lands, attractive allowances etc made them stand out. OUK was really crazy about the club. I remember he wanted to purchase one draman traore from Ismaili(one of the teams that made North Africa dominate African club football), for 2M (I think 500k was the highest amount paid for any player in nigeria as at that time).
chairman,
You sabi o.
Are you Felix Anyasi Agu in disguise?
He bought the guy after beating Ismaili in the final. I remember how the guy hardly played for enyimba. I think he even went back to Egypt.

OUK even upgraded the Aba stadium to the point where they called it Aba International staduium.
The place was a toilet, but before you knew it, it had mostly covered section, tartan tracks and even very nice pitch by Naija standards.

Kadiri Ikhana and Okey Emordi who both won the CAF title left because of interference from OUK.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
afrodoc:

nobody is arguing that logic, at least i am not.
but is it enough to think cleverley is as good as those guys just simply because they have better players round them?
chelsea might as well buy Mulumbu to replace Matic, at least Mulumbu will be at least as good as Matic cos Mulumbu right now has poor players round him cheesy

if you aren't arguing that logic, why then is it reasonable to compare kroos with cleverley? kroos played in bayern who were better than man utd while kroos was still there. kroos plays for germany, 100% better than england/man utd so where is the comparison?

would bayern have missed winning the league last season in the absence of kroos? no. would germany have missed winning the world cup without toni kroos? no. what then does kroos add to the teams he played for? pretty little - as little as cleverley, fellaini or even mulumbu would also add if they replace kroos.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2014
To sound a note of warning to LVG... he is quoted as saying this was UTD's worst match and I agree but I personally don't care if this team doesn't play "pretty" footie, just bring back the winning mentality!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 6:30pm On Aug 13, 2014
Let's just pretend we know that we not signing more that ONE player just to have peace of mind........... The HBP of last seaso still dey for body cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
Manchester United’s Luke Shaw out for a month with hamstring injury

• England left-back picked up injury in training this week
Expected to miss first four Premier League games
---------------------
---------------------

this was written in the stars. £30m investment, untested & unproven teenager out for a month even before the season started.....

whoever sanctioned this deal is a morön! luke shaw has the rooney genes. they are too bulky to be footballers. they are more like boxers or lumbermen.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
Bad market cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2014
chrisley024: Bad market cry

the worst market ever.....
he was ridiculously expensive, he arrived unfit & van gaal had to straighten him out & now he's injured for 4 weeks.

how did he pass his medicals for fück's sake? we can spend £30m on this rubbish & we couldn't spend this on hummels who is 20 times better?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
coogar:

the worst market ever.....
he was ridiculously expensive, he arrived unfit & van gaal had to straighten him out & now he's injured for 4 weeks.

how did he pass his medicals for fück's sake? we can spend £30m on this rubbish & we couldn't spend this on hummels who is 20 times better?

I think it's too early to judge
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2014
coogar: Manchester United’s Luke Shaw out for a month with hamstring injury

• England left-back picked up injury in training this week
Expected to miss first four Premier League games
---------------------
---------------------

this was written in the stars. £30m investment, untested & unproven teenager out for a month even before the season started.....

whoever sanctioned this deal is a morön! luke shaw has the rooney genes. they are too bulky to be footballers. they are more like boxers or lumbermen.
Who else will sanction paying 30 million for an unproven minor aside Moyes and his buddy Wooden head?
Then some peeps will try to absolve him of any transfer misgivings when it is clear he is just a greenhorn in the art of signing players.
He (Shaw) is already a dud signing.
We would have signed Elderson Echiejile on a free transfer and gotten a lot more than this fake wannabe would ever dream of giving us
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:56pm On Aug 13, 2014
chrisley024: I think it's too early to judge

too early to judge?
so you bought a brand new car that's supposed to cost half of what you paid. few days before you decided to launch it, you discovered a big engine problem that will take the car 4 weeks to fix.

is that a bad market or not?

StarBoard:
Who else will sanction paying 30 million for an unproven minor aside Moyes and his buddy Wooden head?

moyes sanctioned it. we could have gotten contreao for half that price when we failed to land herrera last summer transfer window.

Then some peeps will try to absolve him of any transfer misgivings when it is clear he is just a greenhorn in the art of signing players.
He (Shaw) is already a dud signing.
We would have signed Elderson Echiejile on a free transfer and gotten a lot more than this fake wannabe would ever dream of giving us

luke shaw's signing was odd from the get-go. it's like the moyes signing. he was too expensive, untested, unproven and even unfit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:01pm On Aug 13, 2014
coogar:

too early to judge?
so you bought a brand new car that's supposed to cost half of what you paid. few days before you decided to launch it, you discovered a big engine problem that will take the car 4 weeks to fix.

is that a bad market or not?
We've nothing else to do than to pray he serves us well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:03pm On Aug 13, 2014
chrisley024: We've nothing else to do than to pray he serves us well.

£30m investment?
pray he serves us well? do you know how many european players we could have gotten for that fee? rojo is 20 times better than shaw and he's £15m. we could have gotten hummels & rojo for the fee we paid for shaw.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 7:10pm On Aug 13, 2014
StarBoard:

In his first United press conference on Thursday afternoon, Van Gaal said: 'Shaw and Herrera were already on the list. I gave my approval because I like them.
www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2696066/Louis-van-Gaal-says-gave-approval-Manchester-United-sign-Luke-Shaw-Ander-Herrera.html

Van gaal should take responsibility for this one Abeg..

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:12pm On Aug 13, 2014
Gaal admitted he sanctioned Shaw and Herrera deal. Some of you guys aren't fair in apportioning blame. He said he sanctioned them because he liked both players.

In same vain, you guys blamed Moyes the last time for our transfer deals or no deals. It is surprising you people aren't blaming Gaal this time around despite the fact he has several times alluded to be the one calling the shot or guiding our transfer activities. You put the whole blame on woodward instead.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:12pm On Aug 13, 2014
coogar:

£30m investment?
pray he serves us well? do you know how many european players we could have gotten for that fee? rojo is 20 times better than shaw and he's £15m. we could have gotten hummels & rojo for the fee we paid for shaw.
I was never in support of his buy cos of his price but we're stuck with him . We'll only wish he comes good. smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
Dadehmola, thanks.

I didn't know you had already responded.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:24pm On Aug 13, 2014
elampiro: Gaal admitted he sanctioned Shaw and Herrera deal. Some of you guys aren't fair in apportioning blame. He said he sanctioned them because he liked both players.

In same vain, you guys blamed Moyes the last time for our transfer deals or no deals. It is surprising you people aren't blaming Gaal this time around despite the fact he has several times alluded to be the one calling the shot or guiding our transfer activities. You put the whole blame on woodward instead.

Dadehmola:
In his first United press conference on Thursday afternoon, Van Gaal said: 'Shaw and Herrera were already on the list. I gave my approval because I like them.
www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2696066/Louis-van-Gaal-says-gave-approval-Manchester-United-sign-Luke-Shaw-Ander-Herrera.html
Van gaal should take responsibility for this Abeg

Well, I always knew it was heading in this direction; for some of the same things the previous gaffer would have been crucified for, folks will be looking for where to shift the goal-post to. Now, all of a sudden, Woodward is trending... by game 5, it may be Giggs. smh!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
coogar:
we have all watched boateng - a defender less talented than blackett looked like a world class player in the german team.

bring boateng back to stoke or everton & watch him get exposed again & again. you should stop rating a player with the sum of a team's output. muller has outclassed messi & ronaldo in the last 2 world cups cos he plays in a better team than the messi/ronaldo.

When blanket, Rio Ferdinand or any Manure defender dominates a CL final and a world cup final get back with the asinine comparison.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
Maybe this injury will make us pursue Rojo more fervently, if indeed we ever showed interest. I do like the guy though he is a 'fighter'; Keano-like and we need loads of that now than ever!

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/marcos-rojo-ideal-signing-man-utd-ll-hero-134058276.html
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:30pm On Aug 13, 2014
RuuDie:
Well, I always knew it was heading in this direction; for some of the same things the previous gaffer would have been crucified for, folks will be looking for where to shift the goal-post to. Now, all of a sudden, Woodward is trending... by game 5, it may be Giggs. smh!

herrera & shaw had been pencilled down to be bought by moyes. woodward must have had advanced talks before van gaal arrived. we signed shaw before LVG even arrived in manchester.

woodward/giggs signed shaw. LVG wouldn't touch him with a pole if we had hired LVG last summer. i doubt LVG has ever even seen him
play.

raumdeuter:
When blanket, Rio Ferdinand or any Manure defender dominates a CL final and a world cup final get back with the asinine comparison.

rio dominated the final in 2008. rio stopped the triple assault of barca in the semis & stopped them from scoring a goal in 180 minutes of football.

rio is better than any german central defender in the last 20 years. bring up any german defender of your choice & let's compare to rio "rolls royce" ferdinand.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
coogar:

rio dominated the final in 2008. rio stopped the triple assault of barca in the semis & stopped them from scoring a goal in 180 minutes of football.

rio is better than any german central defender in the last 20 years. bring up any german defender of your choice & let's compare to rio "rolls royce" ferdinand.

Lol. Boateng vs the Fearsome Barcelona in the CL semi = 0 goals conceded.

Boateng in a CL final. Best defender of the night

Boateng in a World cup final, Best player of the night

When RIo, his descendants or any of his country men achieve all those get back to me.

Rio would never make any German side. You can take that to the bank
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:37pm On Aug 13, 2014
raumdeuter:

Lol. Boateng vs the Fearsome Barcelona in the CL semi = 0 goals conceded.

Boateng in a CL final. Best defender of the night

Boateng in a World cup final, Best player of the night

When RIo, his descendants or any of his country men achieve all those get back to me.

Rio would never make any German side. You can take that to the bank

the same german side that has produced some of the most idiotic defenders on the planet? fools like metresacker has close to 110 caps for germany. you are having a laugh!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
coogar:

the same german side that has produced some of the most idiotic defenders on the planet? fools like metresacker has close to 80 caps for germany. you are having a laugh!

Well Mertersacker is no worse than Rio Ferdinand yet Rio has 80 caps as well.

Its England anyway who have capped footballed like Matt Upson, Rio, Andy Carrol, Scot Carson, even Scot Parker was captain
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:49pm On Aug 13, 2014
raumdeuter:
Well Mertersacker is no worse than Rio Ferdinand yet Rio has 80 caps as well.

when mertesacker plays in 2 CL final back to back, he can get a mention. the last decent german defender would be matthias sammer & that's some 20 years ago.

you have managed to produce zero talent from that department for 2 decades. defence isn't what make germany great, midfield & attack is the key.

mention one top team in the world with a german central defender in the last 15 years. they are all-animal shyte! no team simply wants them.

Its England anyway who have capped footballed like Matt Upson, Rio, Andy Carrol, Scot Carson, even Scot Parker was captain

you have capped mortal ïdiots like badstuber(he hasn't recovered since valencia & nani took turns to räpe him), guido buchwald, metzelder, augenthaler, reuter & friedrich.

none of these players are as good as shawcross!

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:57pm On Aug 13, 2014
coogar:
when mertesacker plays in 2 CL final back to back, he can get a mention. the last decent german defender would be matthias sammer & that's some 20 years ago.
you have managed to produce zero talent from that department for 2 decades. defence isn't what make germany great, midfield & attack is the key.
mention one top team in the world with a german central defender in the last 15 years. they are all-animal shyte! no team simply wants them.

When Rio lifts a world cup get back to me. The decent players and English dont even go together. When you produce one decent player in ANY department of football get back to me.

Mention one top team with an English Central defender in the last 30yrs. The are shyte in and out. Thats why no team wants to even have anything to do with them, except for clubs in their league who buy them for National solidarity.

you have capped mortal ïdiots like badstuber(he hasn't recovered since valencia & nani took turns to räpe him), guido buchwald, metzelder, augenthaler, reuter & friedrich.
none of these players are as good as shawcross!

Badstuber at his worst is even better than Ferdinand that became the favourite play thing of an obese Yakubu

See the players you mentioned from Germany now we are talking about a country who produced useless players like Rio, Upson, Cahill, Campbell, Martin Keown etc. Imagine Jaglieka starting defender?

None of these players would even play for Nigeria
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 8:01pm On Aug 13, 2014
raumdeuter:
Mention one top team with an English Central defender in the last 30yrs.
TERRY (CHELSEA)
RIO(MAN UNITED)
SOL CAMPBELL(ARSENAL'S INVINCIBLES)

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 13, 2014
RuuDie:

Boss give this up.
We've been linked with this Shaw since the start of last season.
Speculation was rife even before the a World Cup that he had signed for United even before LvGs arrival. So how come van Gaal was scathing in his remarks over his (Shaw) fitness? Because van Gaal was shocked to discover that a 30million signing couldn't keep up with a preseason game.
We know the modus operandi of Woody as regards signings.
This just fits the description.

Another useless and unnecessarily expensive signing after a year-long pursuit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) ... (14149) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.