Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (854) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8746474 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) ... (14156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:05pm On Aug 13, 2014
raumdeuter:
When Rio lifts a world cup get back to me. The decent players and English dont even go together. When you produce one decent player in ANY department of football get back to me.

rio has won all the relevant cup competitions there is in his career. he cannot win the world cup just like ronaldo & messi will never win it. their country of birth is the key here, not the talent.

would you say muller is better than messi just because messi hasn't won the world cup? you must be a very stüpid man - i have told you to always bring your common sense with you when coming here.

we united fans will treat the insanity & the rabid symptoms you display from thread to thread. go to the other club threads & bark like a dog. we have zero tolerance for kraut wankërs.

Mention one top team with an English Central defender in the last 30yrs. The are shyte in and out. Thats why no team wants to even have anything to do with them, except for clubs in their league who buy them for National solidarity.

the premier league is the richest league in the world. it's a step down if rio leaves england for any other league - i remember woodgate starring for madrid. when metzelder went to madrid, he was a spare tyre. 23 league appearances in 3 seasons told us all we need to know about german defenders. grin

Badstuber at his worst is even better than Ferdinand that became the favourite play thing of an obese Yakubu

that's why badstuber was mortally destroyed at old trafford by valencia.

See the players you mentioned from Germany now we are talking about a country who produced useless players like Rio, Upson, Cahill, Campbell, Martin Keown etc. Imagine Jaglieka starting defender?

None of these players would even play for Nigeria

the same cahill that won the champions league on german soil? the same rio that won a champions league unbeaten? the same rio that went 25 games unbeaten in the CL?

you are a disgrace to common sense!!!

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
chic2pimp:
TERRY (CHELSEA)
RIO(MAN UNITED)
SOL CAMPBELL(ARSENAL'S INVINCIBLES)

They are all there to fill National team quota
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
Dadehmola:

In his first United press conference on Thursday afternoon, Van Gaal said: 'Shaw and Herrera were already on the list. I gave my approval because I like them.
www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2696066/Louis-van-Gaal-says-gave-approval-Manchester-United-sign-Luke-Shaw-Ander-Herrera.html

Van gaal should take responsibility for this one Abeg..

Van Gaal won't sign a 19 year old for 30 million.
I'm sure we should expect Vidal to have already signed with his knees for £48 million if he sanctioned the Shaw buy.
It's funny how we are saying Vidal isn't worth that price yet we feel van Gaal should take responsibility for something that clearly isn't his making.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
coogar:
i remember woodgate starring for madrid. when metzelder went to madrid, he was a spare tyre. 23 league appearances in 3 seasons told us all we need to know about german defenders. grin

Starring ko, GULDERing ni

9 league appearances in 3 seasons was all Woodgate could get in Madrid. The only English defender to go outside ended up a mortal embarassment

He broke a record in his Madrid debut scoring an own goal and getting sent off

Metzelder managed 23 apps in 3 seasons, Woodgate managed like a 3rd of that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
StarBoard:
I'm sure we should expect Vidal to have already signed with his knees for £48 million if he sanctioned the Shaw buy.
It's funny how we are saying Vidal isn't worth that price yet we feel van Gaal should take responsibility for something that clearly isn't his making.

van gaal doesn't even know who luke shaw was until van gaal was hired. what has luke shaw won to be known? what did he win to be rated £30m

rooney had conquered teams in europe in 2004 before he was signed for £27m. luke shaw has nothing on his CV. he wasn't even the best left back in the PL last season.

where did the hype come from? his transfer is worse than marouane's but he's english so you won't hear a pin drop about this.

raumdeuter:
Starring ko, GULDERing ni
9 league appearances in 3 seasons was all Woodgate could get in Madrid. The only English defender to go outside ended up a mortal embarassment
He broke a record in his Madrid debut scoring an own goal and getting sent off
Metzelder managed 23 apps in 3 seasons, Woodgate managed like a 3rd of that

woodgate was injured
metzelder never had one serious injury in 3 seasons and he played only 23 times in the league.

your countrymen are continental embarrassment when it comes to defending. midfield & attack is germany's strength, never the defence!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:23pm On Aug 13, 2014
StarBoard:

How isn't it his making when he clearly confirmed that he was the one who approved those signings? Does LVG even cut across as someone who'd be cowed into taking decisions?

Our manager has spoken. Under such circumstances, it's his word over any other person's.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
coogar:
woodgate was injured
metzelder never had one serious injury in 3 seasons and he played only 23 times in the league.

your countrymen are continental embarrassment when it comes to defending. midfield & attack is germany's strength, never the defence!

[size=18pt]Soccer-Roundup-Woodgate voted worst signing of the 21st century[/size]
MADRID, July 26 Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:20pm BST

* England defender Jonathan Woodgate was voted the worst signing of the 21st century by readers of www.marca.com, the Web site for Spain's biggest selling sports daily.

The 27-year-old was the runaway winner polling 37.11 percent of the votes cast on their Web page, the newspaper said.

Real Madrid signed "Woody" from Newcastle United for around $25 million in August 2004 but because of a thigh injury he did not make his debut until September 2005.

His first official game turned into a nightmare when he scored an own goal and was sent off in the league match against Athletic Bilbao at the Bernabeu.

Woodgate was put out on loan to Premier League Middlesbrough in August 2006 and the move became permanent for a fee of $14 million earlier this year.

He made only 14 competitive appearances for Real Madrid.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2007/07/26/soccer-world-digest-idUKL2625990220070726
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:32pm On Aug 13, 2014
raumdeuter:

[size=18pt]Soccer-Roundup-Woodgate voted worst signing of the 21st century[/size]
MADRID, July 26 Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:20pm BST

* England defender Jonathan Woodgate was voted the worst signing of the 21st century by readers of www.marca.com, the Web site for Spain's biggest selling sports daily.

The 27-year-old was the runaway winner polling 37.11 percent of the votes cast on their Web page, the newspaper said.

Real Madrid signed "Woody" from Newcastle United for around $25 million in August 2004 but because of a thigh injury he did not make his debut until September 2005.

His first official game turned into a nightmare when he scored an own goal and was sent off in the league match against Athletic Bilbao at the Bernabeu.

Woodgate was put out on loan to Premier League Middlesbrough in August 2006 and the move became permanent for a fee of $14 million earlier this year.

He made only 14 competitive appearances for Real Madrid.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2007/07/26/soccer-world-digest-idUKL2625990220070726

and dayo's acute idiocy failed to spot this key part of the article.

injury kept him from playing, not bad performance. loads of world class defenders have scored own goals & truck loads of them have copped red cards.

he was sidelined by injuries for 13 months when he was first signed. seeing that you are a serial idïot, i am sure you expected a player nursing an injury to play as many games as metzelder.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
coogar:
woodgate was injured

Why do you enjoy lying shamefully? Thats why no one takes you serious

A player who had a fractured foot and a torn ligament wasnt injured?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
coogar:

and dayo's acute idiocy failed to spot this key part of the article.

injury kept him from playing, not bad performance. loads of world class defenders have scored own goals & truck loads of them have copped red cards.

he was sidelined by injuries for 13 months when he was first signed. seeing that you are a serial idïot, i am sure you expected a player nursing an injury to play as many games as metzelder.

And when he recovered in 2005, How many games did he play for Real Madrid?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
raumdeuter:

Why do you enjoy lying shamefully? Thats why no one takes you serious

A player who had a fractured foot and a torn ligament wasnt injured?

how's that a serious injury? how many games did he miss via those injuries in comparison to a defender bought for $25m and had to wait 13 months to make his debut!

13 months? 13 months??

raumdeuter:
And when he recovered in 2005, How many games did he play for Real Madrid?

you don't recover from a 13-month injury!
when i was still a striker in my heydays, i tore my knee ligament & i was out for 6 months. it put paid to my amateur career for good.

i had to learn how to walk again like a child. i was put through various sessions of hydro/physiotherapy & my fitness never made it to the top level i was before the injury.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dhelake: 9:14pm On Aug 13, 2014
Abeg, what position was coogar playing as a footballer, Ibime was a striker, I guess coogar was a Defensive midfielder.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 9:24pm On Aug 13, 2014
coogar:

when i was still a striker in my heydays, i tore my knee ligament & i was out for 6 months. it put paid to my amateur career for good.
i had to learn how to walk again like a child. i was put through various sessions of hydro/physiotherapy & my fitness never made it to the top level i was before the injury.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So you were also a striker like phat ibime abi? grin.... Na wa o. Okay na who dey ball pass u or ibime?

Wonders shall never cease sha grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 9:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
raumdeuter:

They are all there to fill National team quota

Terry,Rio and Sol all there to fill National Team Quota? Dayo what kind of yam have you been smoking this evening?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
Dhelake: Abeg, what position was coogar playing as a footballer, Ibime was a striker, I guess coogar was a Defensive midfielder.

the most prolific striker of my generation. i made the senior team as a junior. a second half substitute when the senior team was losing. i scored a brace to turn a potential defeat into a big victory.

chic2pimp:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
So you were also a striker like phat ibime abi? grin.... Na wa o. Okay na who dey ball pass u or ibime? Wonders shall never cease sha grin

ibime won't be able to match my pace, guile and vision. in my debut game, i was quick to see the central defender of the opposing team had a slight injury on his left foot. i kept putting the ball on his left side & he couldn't recover to dispossess me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2014
chic2pimp:
Terry,Rio and Sol all there to fill National Team Quota? Dayo what kind of yam have you been smoking this evening?

In their clubs its their foreign partners that cover up for them most of the time

When they gather together for the National team we how they get exposed everytime. Rio, Terry and Sol are no better than Yobo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 10:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
I used to be an amateur referee before injury put paid to my career.

I was the most prolific ref of my generation. I was already reffing senior games when I was in primary 4.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 10:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
raumdeuter:

In their clubs its their foreign partners that cover up for them most of the time

When they gather together for the National team we how they get exposed everytime. Rio, Terry and Sol are no better than Yobo
lol.. Go to bed Bro.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by jaybee3(m): 5:40am On Aug 14, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 6:32am On Aug 14, 2014
jaybee3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj72wS-BVhY

This is the *ish that annoys me about Welbeck... been around for so long, had the opportunity to learn from so many UTD greats, yet no f*** end-product. And to think that in all this time invested on his stew.pid afro, we've let go of far better talents like Guisseppe Rossi and Frazier Campbell.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:43am On Aug 14, 2014
RuuDie:

Well, I always knew it was heading in this direction; for some of the same things the previous gaffer would have been crucified for, folks will be looking for where to shift the goal-post to. Now, all of a sudden, Woodward is trending... by game 5, it may be Giggs. smh!

Exactly, Gaal admitted he sanctioned the purchase of Herrera and Shaw. Very clear. Moyes said recently he had advanced the transfer of Kroos. But report has it that Gaal stopped the move. Perhaps because he wanted to play wingbacks. Lol

Gaal also sanctioned the extension of Valencia contract after he saw his first game at the world cup. Giggs was a Super Sports analyst for the world cup, but he said he had to return home for an assignment. I doubt if Moyes would have given Val 3 years extension with all the talk of overhauling the team.

Gaal gave Evra one year extension despite the former captain had made it clear he wouldn't stay at Old Tradford earlier last season.

Gaal also didn't retain Fedinand.

From the onset it was reported Gaal said he would build his team around Rooney, RVP, DDG and Mata.

The man knew what he wanted even before he was made coach. Gaal doesn't look to me like someone who Giggs/Woodward will force players on. He's too a domineering for that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:51am On Aug 14, 2014
Dadehmola:

How isn't it his making when he clearly confirmed that he was the one who approved those signings? Does LVG even cut across as someone who'd be cowed into taking decisions?

Our manager has spoken. Under such circumstances, it's his word over any other person's.

You always speak my mind on this issue. Gaal said in a press conference.......

Abi he dey lie for e own head?

Gaal is a domineering, worse than SAF in that aspect. Woodward wouldn't buy except Gaal sanctions it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:06am On Aug 14, 2014
Ryan Giggs has revealed the details of his first meeting with new Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal, explaining how the Dutchman convinced him to become his assistant at Old Trafford.

"When we met at the end of last season we went through the players who are here and some of the players he liked that will maybe come in. Two have already come in," said Giggs. "It's always hard during the World Cup because a lot of the players you're looking at could still be part of the World Cup, or they’ve just gone out and are now going on holiday for a rest. I'm not sure how many players will come in - we'll have to wait and see.

"I flew out and spent a couple of hours with him. We went through players who were at the club - ones who may be going, ones who may be coming in. I was there to find out how he works, what he likes and give him an insight into anything he might not know about Manchester United. He knew a lot, as you might expect. But any little thing I could help him about I tried to. We didn’t dwell on what happened last season."

Expanding on his point, Giggs continued: "Louis has a clear philosophy and he sticks to that philosophy. He won't be afraid of taking over Manchester United. He'll relish it.

He’ll look forward to it. He's been at Bayern, Barcelona... he’s been at huge clubs. Obviously, in my view, Manchester United is the biggest.

"He's not scared about the challenge, he’s not apprehensive - he can't wait. He has the experience to do it. It won’t be easy. It never is. The Premier League's a tough league to win but that's what we'll try to do. I was excited about how forthright and how clear he was about what he expects from the staff and the players."

When pressed on Holland’s performance in Brazil, where they were tipped for glory until a dramatic penalty shootout defeat to Argentina saw them exit the competition at the semi-final stage on Wednesday, Giggs was unsurprisingly impressed by his new boss.

"It was disappointing to see them go out last night but it's been a fantastic campaign for him, starting with a result nobody could have foreseen. The 5-1 against Spain was maybe the standout performance of the tournament. Obviously it’s been great for the United fans to watch and for the players to see him do so well.

"It's excited everyone. He's mixed up his formations and he’s juggled around the players. To get to the semi-finals of the World Cup is a great achievement. He'd have liked to have gone further but it wasn't to be. The group he was in... to get out of that was an achievement in itself, so I'm sure he'll be pleased to go so far."

http://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/comments/2ac2qn/giggs_reveals_his_meeting_with_van_gaal/

^^
Another confirmation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:44am On Aug 14, 2014
elampiro:
The man knew what he wanted even before he was made coach. Gaal doesn't look to me like someone who Giggs/Woodward will force players on. He's too a domineering for that.

Exactly...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 14, 2014
Dadehmola:

Luke Shaw was being lined up before van Gaal's arrival.
That is my own crux of the matter.
That he approved of the signing doesn't mean he had any input. He did not expressly say Shaw was his transfer target.
The way I see it, the Shaw and Herrera signings were part of a strategy to convince Louis van Gaal as to why he should accept the United job.

I still repeat that he will not sign an overweight Shaw for 30 million anything, especially as a 19 year old teenager with nothing but talent/promise.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:59am On Aug 14, 2014
StarBoard:
That he approved of the signing doesn't mean he had any input. He did not expressly say Shaw was his transfer target.
The way I see it, the Shaw and Herrera signings were part of a strategy to convince Louis van Gaal as to why he should accept the United job.

I still repeat that he will not sign an overweight Shaw for 30 million anything, especially as a 19 year old teenager with nothing but talent/promise.

luke shaw & herrera were 99% united players before we signed van gaal. we missed herrera last summer cos moyes went on ghost chasing fabregas & thiago. shaw rumours were way before moyes was even sacked.

according to giggs.....

"When we met at the end of last season we went through the players who are here and some of the players he liked that will maybe come in. Two have already come in," said Giggs. "It's always hard during the World Cup because a lot of the players you're looking at could still be part of the World Cup, or they’ve just gone out and are now going on holiday for a rest. I'm not sure how many players will come in - we'll have to wait and see.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iheanyi40(m): 9:02am On Aug 14, 2014
Nihilist: I used to be an amateur referee before injury put paid to my career.

I was the most prolific ref of my generation. I was already reffing senior games when I was in primary 4.

gringringrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:04am On Aug 14, 2014
StarBoard:

I really don't see any need for all these conspiracy theories and assumptions, since our manager himself confirmed his approval of those signings, when he could as well have distanced himself from those deals by keeping mum.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 14, 2014
coogar:

luke shaw & herrera were 99% united players before we signed van gaal. we missed herrera last summer cos moyes went on ghost chasing fabregas & thiago. shaw rumours were way before moyes was even sacked.

according to giggs.....

Thanks a lot for the clarification.
Apparently everyone else aside from the two of us believes in the illusion that van Gaal was responsible for signing those two.

The fact remains that Ed Woodward is an incompetent person when it comes to signings. Luke shaw's signing is just another bold confirmation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:08am On Aug 14, 2014
coogar:

according to giggs.....

Giggs is saying, two of the targets Gaal wanted had already come in. Giggs gave that interview after he returned home to sign and announce the renewal of Val's contract and the signing of Herrera and Shaw.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:10am On Aug 14, 2014
StarBoard:
Apparently everyone else aside from the two of us believes in the illusion that van Gaal was responsible for signing those two.

woodward & giggs signed shaw & herrera. van gaal clearly stated he would like to see the strength of the squad first before buying any player.....

The fact remains that Ed Woodward is an incompetent person when it comes to signings. Luke shaw's signing is just another bold confirmation.

to be fair to him, it's not his fault!
this dude earned his stripes getting commercial deals with big conglomerates. david gill & fergie should never have been allowed to leave the club at the same time. that was where we got everything wrong.

woodward was the most senior figure at the club when those 2 giants left & you have a useless moyes at the helm of managing the club. both of them were new to the jobs & they lacked the experience needed to secure deals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:11am On Aug 14, 2014
StarBoard:

No no. Coogar misinterpreted it 100%. I want to believe it is deliberate too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) ... (14156) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Elnino4ladies, invinzible1, Dantedasz(m), AdisaOwala and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.