Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,416 members, 7,861,170 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:34 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8864596 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9162) (9163) (9164) (9165) (9166) (9167) (9168) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 11:17pm On Dec 17, 2020
nitrogen:

He is right now, against Sheffield, the last on the log. Bros, you no dey shame?
So, he should leave a striker coming back from injury or continue to attack and lose the game, Most Sheffield lost this season has been by a goal margin.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 11:17pm On Dec 17, 2020
olabode89:

Matic actually had a good game and he kept us ticking.

He did. I meant more when we're not on the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:18pm On Dec 17, 2020
Leyqute:

That’s why I said barely. If we’re going to be contenders we shouldn’t be struggling in this kind of match with the caliber of players we fielded.
Didn't we control the match for most of the time?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 11:19pm On Dec 17, 2020
KingAlabi:

I have never seen VDB as an AM
VDB is a box to box midfielder that is more attacking than defensive, he is not a creative player

Hmm... so we still need to get someone who can deputize for Bruno, chai we for just cough up 65M or so for Grealish o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:19pm On Dec 17, 2020
ChristineC:
let's manage this SD three points sir, I'd have liked to increase our goal difference much more though.
That was my desire though
If our attackers had timed their runs more
Sheffield for chop like 5 for first half
Their defensive line was just to high

I always knew we would score when I saw they kept that high line.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:19pm On Dec 17, 2020
Leyqute:

Like! It’s not possible to move that many people without security agencies noticing. It’s highly improbable.

Yet you see these kind of things happening and govt not giving a damn.

Stuff like this is both sad and annoying at the same time. angry

When i heard about it i was in shock. And this was done right in the middle of Northern Nigeria not in the usual Boko Haram country.

Country wey dem suppose don substitute put for bench tey tey.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:21pm On Dec 17, 2020
olabode89:

Hmm... so we still need to get someone who can deputize for Bruno, chai we for just cough up 65M or so for Grealish o
I think we have already
Mata can do a good job
Since he is already ok with the bench duty
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:22pm On Dec 17, 2020
nitrogen:

He is right now, against Sheffield, the last on the log. Bros, you no dey shame?
Na wa oh
Even if you be the coach
Nitrogen you go do the same thing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:22pm On Dec 17, 2020
nitrogen:

Nawa o, same Sheffield that has not won a game this season. They have one (1) point o. Anyway, the game today was BS, but we have no choice than to move on.

Since it’s Sheffield and they’ve been pisspoor so we should leave them and allow them to score? Bringing in McTom wasn’t a bad decision.

We didn’t play well today, or more appropriately put- we didn’t win convincingly. And we should be putting this kinda game to bed by 60 mins. Like 3-0 or 4-0.

If you’d said that I won’t bat an eyelid. But condemning coach when he’s trying to win 3 points despite the situation of things is a no-no. No be every time you go Dey blame the same person for everything
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 11:22pm On Dec 17, 2020
LostMyZeal:
A well deserved win against a team that has drawn just 1 game and lost the rest

No doubt...a team of grandmas would get at least a point off of this sheffield united team

Saying sheffield utd is a shadow of it's former self doesn't even cut it at the moment

It's really sad and pathetic that we lost out on Sam Allardyce tho...an impeccable coach at that...so so unfortunate.

Anyways...Onto the next game...GGMU and don't forget to blame OLE angry
Are you okay at all

Big Sam??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 11:23pm On Dec 17, 2020
KingAlabi:

I think we have already
Mata can do a good job
Since he is already ok with the bench duty

Ole must see something he doesn't like with playing Mata as AM, because he rarely plays him there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:23pm On Dec 17, 2020
olabode89:

which game you watch?? How can you say we struggled in this game. Una dey make person tire and vex at the same time.

If we had taken our chances in the 2nd half we could have been leading 5 - 1 before they scored their second goal.

We didn’t win the match convincingly. That’s the issue. There was panic towards the end. Ole made a tactical change in sub so as to preserve the 3 points. It shouldn’t be like that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:24pm On Dec 17, 2020
olabode89:

Ole must see something he doesn't like with playing Mata as AM, because he rarely plays him there.
Mata actually plays there when he is on
But not permanently
Watch mata and greenwood on that wing you will understand what I am saying

He tends to drift to that center a lot (mata)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:25pm On Dec 17, 2020
Leyqute:

We didn’t win the match convincingly. That’s the issue. There was panic towards the end. Ole made a tactical change in sub so as to preserve the 3 points. It shouldn’t be like that.
Some matches are like that
Sheffield needs even if it's a point

Our focal attack point went out and our attack died

The most important thing is the 3 points
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:26pm On Dec 17, 2020
melodyogonna:

Didn't we control the match for most of the time?

Not really. And they looked like they could score when they have the ball.

Henderson’s early mishap gave them too much belief. We should’ve quashed that belief by scoring more goals.

That way they won’t even dream of getting a point from the game.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 11:27pm On Dec 17, 2020
Leyqute:

So is it Ole's fault that our boys failed to put the game out of the reach of Sheffield United? We had multiple chances to win the game. Ole did the right thing to save Bruno from fatiguing but VdB was just out of place.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 11:28pm On Dec 17, 2020
KingAlabi:

Mata actually plays there when he is on
But not permanently
Watch mata and greenwood on that wing you will understand what I am saying

He tends to drift to that center a lot (mata)

Exactly my point!

Bruno drifts around a lot, he usually occupies the half space between the left and centre of the pitch. Mata cannot do that when played as an AM.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:29pm On Dec 17, 2020
KingAlabi:

Some matches are like that
Sheffield needs even if it's a point

Our focal attack point went out and our attack died

The most important thing is the 3 points

Agree that the most thing is the 3 points. However the performance was not at the expected level.

If we were winning 4-1 they won’t even be thinking of coming back into the game.

And then a string of poor performances will eventually result in a string of bad results.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:31pm On Dec 17, 2020
olabode89:

So is it Ole's fault that our boys failed to put the game out of the reach of Sheffield United? We had multiple chances to win the game. Ole did the right thing to save Bruno from fatiguing but VdB was just out of place.

Agreed. I won’t blame Ole too much for the way the game ended.

Their first goal shouldn’t have happened and the second one can’t be prevented.

Our attackers should’ve put more in the back of the net. There were too many wrong decisions and bad timing.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:31pm On Dec 17, 2020
olabode89:

Exactly my point!

Bruno drifts around a lot, he usually occupies the half space between the left and centre of the pitch. Mata cannot do that when played as an AM.

VDB wasn’t himself today at all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 11:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
Leyqute:

We concede very poor goals, not sure our coaching team is doing anything to our defence. We need to be better coordinated at the back. Also, I think Maguire was almost marking no one when Sheffield scored the second goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 11:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
How did Sheffield United pay 18.5M pounds for Aaron Ramsdale... smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
afrodoc2:

When i heard about it i was in shock. And this was done right in the middle of Northern Nigeria not in the usual Boko Haram country.

Country wet dem suppose don substitute put for bench tey tey.
even the barrister and his pregnant wife slaughtered in their sleep was done in metropolitan part of Benue State.
I saw the machete cuts on them and shivered. Nobody deserves to die this way.
Every Nigerian, resident or not, need a gun as long as you'd pass a night in Nigeria. I tell my friends and relatives the same thing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:34pm On Dec 17, 2020
nitrogen:

We concede very poor goals, not sure our coaching team is doing anything to our defence. We need to be better coordinated at the back. Also, I think Maguire was almost marking no one when Sheffield scored the second goal.

We need to stop the habit of conceding early goals.

They did all they could to prevent that against City but today they’ve forgotten all they were taught it seems.

All these individual errors should be curbed. We won’t always escape with it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 11:35pm On Dec 17, 2020
Leyqute:

VDB wasn’t himself today at all.

Hopefully he should start against Everton in the League cup. Ole might have to just play him as a B2B midfield in a 2 man pivot or as one of the 3 CMs in a 4 - 3 - 3.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 11:35pm On Dec 17, 2020
chrisley024:
Sancho will be for RW and as backup.
That's if they sell for 50M
I don't support this Sancho purchase abeg.
What we need is a pure left footed right winger.
Even PSG has ended up playing Mbappe on the left.
Abeggi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 11:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
olabode89:
How did Sheffield United pay 18.5M pounds for Aaron Ramsdale... smh

grin grin grin

Just diving up and down, should have done better for the 2nd (calculating before jumping out) and 3rd goal ( no need to dive, just use your leg).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 11:39pm On Dec 17, 2020
#OleOUT

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 11:40pm On Dec 17, 2020
Expert17:

grin grin grin

Just diving up and down, should have done better for the 2nd (calculating before jumping out) and 3rd goal ( no need to dive, just use your leg).

I feel bad for them, they should have made a deal for Sergio Romero.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 11:45pm On Dec 17, 2020
Omo our next 5 league games no be moi moi o

Leeds. H

Leicester. A

Wolves. H

Villa H

Loserpool. A

Between 7 to 10 pts might not be bad sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:45pm On Dec 17, 2020
Leyqute:

Agree that the most thing is the 3 points. However the performance was not at the expected level.

If we were winning 4-1 they won’t even be thinking of coming back into the game.

And then a string of poor performances will eventually result in a string of bad results.
Yeah I get you
But if not for Henderson's error we would have been 3 goals up
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 11:48pm On Dec 17, 2020
KingAlabi:

Yeah I get you
But if not for Henderson's error we would have been 3 goals up

Naaahh, Maguire and Henderson share the blame equally for that 1st goal.......

(1) (2) (3) ... (9162) (9163) (9164) (9165) (9166) (9167) (9168) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.