Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,231 members, 7,836,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8792280 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9497) (9498) (9499) (9500) (9501) (9502) (9503) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:19pm On Feb 03, 2021
Oasis007:

Technically he's no more United Player.

He’s not sold and he’s technically not a United player.

The way Ole has treated Romero is very disgusting. I don’t remember him making any mistake throughout - he doesn’t complain with the limited games he was getting and they won’t let him go and try his career elsewhere.

That is poor man management. Ole should be ashamed of himself.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 6:35pm On Feb 03, 2021
Illimitable:

The way Ole has treated Romero is very disgusting. I don’t remember him making any mistake throughout - he doesn’t complain with the limited games he was getting and they won’t let him go and try his career elsewhere.

You clearly don't understand what happened with Romero. Man is on 100K per week at United, during last summer transfer window Villa and another club wanted him. Romero was not ready to drop his wage demand to enable United get a suitable transfer fee and I guess this infuriated top management at United.

Over the years top management at United have been working actively on changing the previous norm of allowing players leave for peanuts or next to nothing. That is why the club utilizes the one year extension option on a lot of fringe players. Some years ago guys like Rojo and Fosu Mensah would have left for nothing, but the club got about 1.5M for Fosu Mensah and an undisclosed fee for Rojo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 6:35pm On Feb 03, 2021
Illimitable:

Playing against 11 men(Leeds) versus 10 men(Stoke under Pulis), which do you think would be more frustrating? cheesy

It depends on who was redcarded

If a first choice keeper is redcarded, or a key defender is, it's going to be a problem.

Leave assumptions aside. I still insist that a 10 man team cannot be more frustrating than an

Lol, you people are very funny. Let me educate you. Playing against 10 men is even more frustrating than playing against the full 11. This is because The give you a low block defending and try to hit you on the counter. Scoring against them would be difficult. The fact that we were able to break them down so easily should be praised. Abeg give them their due when they deserve it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:38pm On Feb 03, 2021
afrodoc2:

Ridiculous list.

What is Bishop a 4th choice GK who has no business in the club in the first place doing there?

Why waste yet another spot for 5th choice CB Jones?

grin

Bishop and Grant are there to make up Numbers, as for Jones OGS seems not given up on him yet.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
Illimitable:

No one actually stops him from leaving, but no Club wants him on 100k per week Deal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:49pm On Feb 03, 2021
wink

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 6:55pm On Feb 03, 2021
I just learnt that Lingard, the one they told us was the heir to CR7's THRONE, was THROWN out of Man utd last month. grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 6:58pm On Feb 03, 2021
Illimitable:

Playing against 11 men(Leeds) versus 10 men(Stoke under Pulis), which do you think would be more frustrating? cheesy
Even the 11 man Stoke do get beaten, how much more 10man Stoke?

If you think 1 player advantage isn't a big numerical advantage for tactical coaches, then you need to rethink again.

The only exception is a top team who Normally park the bus and they are only two(mou in his prime and athletico), and that's because even with the complete squad, they're so damn hard to score against.
But mid table team to small team?... Who dem fit frustrate?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 7:03pm On Feb 03, 2021
olabode89:

You clearly don't understand what happened with Romero. Man is on 100K per week at United, during last summer transfer window Villa and another club wanted him. Romero was not ready to drop his wage demand to enable United get a suitable transfer fee and I guess this infuriated top management at United.

Over the years top management at United have been working actively on changing the previous norm of allowing players leave for peanuts or next to nothing. That is why the club utilizes the one year extension option on a lot of fringe players. Some years ago guys like Rojo and Fosu Mensah would have left for nothing, but the club got about 1.5M for Fosu Mensah and an undisclosed fee for Rojo.

Why should Argentina’s #1 take anything less than £100k/week when bums like Shaw(who can’t even play for England) earn £195k/week?

I also doubt your anecdote was what happened. I remember Romero’s wife moaning on the internet about United preventing her husband to leave after what he has achieved for the club.

Do not believe whatever nonsense United’s PR says about any situation - they lie a lot. It’s all about grabbing crumbs and bits for the Glazers. I think many teams will pay £100k/week for Romero. He’s a very good GK.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 7:10pm On Feb 03, 2021
Illimitable:

Why should Argentina’s #1 take anything less than £100k/week when bums like Shaw(who can’t even play for England) earn £195k/week?

I also doubt your anecdote was what happened. I remember Romero’s wife moaning on the internet about United preventing her husband to leave after what he has achieved for the club.

Do not believe whatever nonsense United’s PR says about any situation - they lie a lot. It’s all about grabbing crumbs and bits for the Glazers. I think many teams will pay £100k/week for Romero. He’s a very good GK.

He is not Argentina's no 1 GK. He won't even be no 2 at the moment. Only United will pay a 2nd choice GK 100K.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 7:13pm On Feb 03, 2021
airmark:
I just learnt that Lingard, the one they told us was the heir to CR7's THRONE, was THROWN out of Man utd last month. grin grin grin grin grin

Give us Hazard update please
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:18pm On Feb 03, 2021
Burnley are without Barnes and Chris Woods...They don't stand a chance...

Meanwhile, see City defense...

............................Ederson..............................
...Cancelo......Stones...Dias.........Laporte.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 7:20pm On Feb 03, 2021
Some people are in another type of mud grin grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 7:21pm On Feb 03, 2021
Meanwhile Adama Traore league stats this season grin

0 goal 0 assist.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 7:26pm On Feb 03, 2021
airmark:

Nobody ever said that!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 7:26pm On Feb 03, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Give us Hazard update please

Go to Real Madrid thread.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 7:32pm On Feb 03, 2021
Panther7:
Nobody ever said that!

JJC spotted.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 7:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
City dey always beat this Burnley with ease.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 7:40pm On Feb 03, 2021
airmark:

Go to Real Madrid thread.
You should be in a pole position to answer that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 7:44pm On Feb 03, 2021
airmark:

JJC spotted.
Coming from an amala turner that's a compliment to be honest. cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:49pm On Feb 03, 2021
9500 Still winning the league Dfkm

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 7:55pm On Feb 03, 2021
olabode89:

He is not Argentina's no 1 GK. He won't even be no 2 at the moment. Only United will pay a 2nd choice GK 100K.

Ole refusing to play him probably demoted him.

He was Argentina’s top goalkeeper when Ole took the job.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 8:05pm On Feb 03, 2021
Illimitable:

Ole refusing to play him probably demoted him.
He was Argentina’s top goalkeeper when Ole took the job.
This is not true. As at 2018 world cup , Romero wasn't even Argentina no. 1
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:15pm On Feb 03, 2021
timay:

This is not true. As at 2018 world cup , Romero wasn't even Argentina no. 1

He was their number one, he suffered an injury a day after he was named in the 23 man squad.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 8:25pm On Feb 03, 2021
Nezzjnr:

You should be in a pole position to answer that

I am not a 'stripper'. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:50pm On Feb 03, 2021
airmark:

I am not a 'stripper'. undecided

Why not? Shebi una no dey wear paynt

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 8:58pm On Feb 03, 2021
I am back cool cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:02pm On Feb 03, 2021
KingAlabi:
I am back cool cool

grin

...... At OleIn Camp?! Fence can be at ease now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 9:05pm On Feb 03, 2021
Oasis007:

grin

...... At OleIn Camp?! Fence can be at ease now.
Back from ban angry

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 9:09pm On Feb 03, 2021
Illimitable:

But we should believe his wife

Wooooow!!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 9:11pm On Feb 03, 2021
Leyqute:

Why not? Shebi una no dey wear paynt
Cc izzou cheesy

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2021
Ole doesn't like Romero
It is obvious to the blind

But you still criticize him based on that decision?

Na wa

So a coach is not allowed to dislike a player ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9497) (9498) (9499) (9500) (9501) (9502) (9503) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.