Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,080 members, 7,835,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8790487 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9496) (9497) (9498) (9499) (9500) (9501) (9502) ... (14181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 1:50pm On Feb 03, 2021
Botfuss:
Don’t raise your hopes fellas, the red card was the major difference. Everton weekend, we’ll be back to our normal self.
Stop trying to downplay the victory, give credit when necessary, if it was easy teams will be winning 9-0 with red cards.
Only 2 teams have managed to win 9-0 and United did it twice.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:02pm On Feb 03, 2021
Oasis007:

grin

Dude still fooling around.

Fooling around is the correct description.

When Sancho had 3yrs left on his contract and was coming off a monster season we didn't bid more than 100m Euro but now Sancho has just 2 yrs left on the contract and coming off an average season Watzke is demanding 100m Euro?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 2:13pm On Feb 03, 2021
Hoopla will never learn, realityshot. grin grin grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 2:15pm On Feb 03, 2021
Oasis007:
grin

Borussia Dortmund have reduced their asking price for Jadon Sancho to €100m due to the financial implications of the coronavirus pandemic.

- Sport Bild
He's not ready
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:32pm On Feb 03, 2021
I hope Burnley surprises us today. City must drop points abeg!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:48pm On Feb 03, 2021
nitrogen:

cheesy

Burnley? Oga no dey expect impossibility.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 2:51pm On Feb 03, 2021
timay:

Lol, you people are very funny. Let me educate you. Playing against 10 men is even more frustrating than playing against the full 11. This is because The give you a low block defending and try to hit you on the counter. Scoring against them would be difficult. The fact that we were able to break them down so easily should be praised. Abeg give them their due when they deserve it.

How can playing against 10 men be more frustrating than against 11 men?

There's nothing frustrating about 11 professional players playing against 10. They are most likely going to win.

What determines the game is the tactics applied by the affected team, and which player was red carded.

A team with a red carded striker will play differently from a team with a red carded defender.

Let's not even talk about the sharp drop in morale for the affected team.

That aside, United played well yesterday cool

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:54pm On Feb 03, 2021
Oasis007:

cheesy

Burnley? Oga no dey expect impossibility.

Haha, anything can happen in football. Sheffield got 3 points from utd few days ago.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Doranzy: 3:03pm On Feb 03, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Fixed sir tongue grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Doranzy: 3:04pm On Feb 03, 2021
izzou:

There's nothing frustrating about 11 professional players playing against 10. They are most likely going to win.

What determines the game is the tactics applied by the affected team, and which player was red carded.

A team with a red carded striker will play differently from a team with a red carded defender.

Remain me how you won 10 men Fulham again cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Doranzy: 3:06pm On Feb 03, 2021
JayKayMaybachz:
Not only are United the top scorers in the Premier League, they are the top scorers from open play. This category excludes counter attacks and penalties. It is time for the false narrative that United depend on these two routes to goal to die.

But but OGS no sabi anything apart from counters grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:09pm On Feb 03, 2021
JayKayMaybachz:
Not only are United the top scorers in the Premier League, they are the top scorers from open play. This category excludes counter attacks and penalties. It is time for the false narrative that United depend on these two routes to goal to die.

I like this. You went for it after yesterday’s game. Before nko? Nice one jare!

cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:11pm On Feb 03, 2021
Official: Manchester United have added Amad Diallo to their A-list for the Europa League.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:11pm On Feb 03, 2021
nitrogen:

Haha, anything can happen in football. Sheffield got 3 points from utd few days ago.

grin

Lagos no be Uyo nah. Pep no be OG.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 4:00pm On Feb 03, 2021
Oasis007:
grin

Borussia Dortmund have reduced their asking price for Jadon Sancho to €100m due to the financial implications of the coronavirus pandemic.

- Sport Bild
Àwọn eleyi ó ti get sense, abi na bidding war loading?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:03pm On Feb 03, 2021
patrickmuf:
Leyqute, Afrodoc2 and others, do you guys share same sentiment?

Just seeing this.

The red card helped obviously but the attack wasn’t as timid as CapitalC thought. The red card only emboldened the players more.

They defended in numbers - which would make it harder to score, but the team persevered. If you look at it from a certain perspective, you’ll agree that the defense won the game.

Pic shows average on the ball position of players in the first half.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 4:12pm On Feb 03, 2021
patrickmuf:
As an aside, what changed yesterday?

Shaw and AWB suddenly learnt how to cross?

Or was it a case of better movement from our forwards?

Or was a tactical switch in our play?

I noticed that for every time the ball was in and around the Southampton box, we had at least 2-3 players lurking with intent...

I hope it isn't because of the red card overall because we played some scintillating attacking football yesterday...
Shaw has created the most chances for defenders in the league.
I think he's created same as Bruno Fernandes for 2021.
our strikers have been a mess recently and it still showed even in the 9-0 game.

for Aaron wan Bissaka, his determination to improve his attacking side is a marvel.
I actually give him the most credit because he's neither a natural, nor has any tangible competition for the spot.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:34pm On Feb 03, 2021
ChristineC:
Shaw has created the most chances for defenders in the league.
I think he's created same as Bruno Fernandes for 2021.
our strikers have been a mess recently and it still showed even in the 9-0 game.

for Aaron wan Bissaka, his determination to improve his attacking side is a marvel.
I actually give him the most credit because he's neither a natural, nor has any tangible competition for the spot.
I only saw the 1st half of the match yesterday, were we wasteful in front of goal? I didn't get to see all that in the highlights I watched...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:45pm On Feb 03, 2021
Rojo is gone..

I wish him well
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:57pm On Feb 03, 2021
Yesterday we were going at S'hampton from all both sides and middle. Normally we try to force play through the middle with some very annoying quick passes that never do anything. A welcome development
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 5:22pm On Feb 03, 2021
Oasis007:

grin

Lagos no be Uyo nah. Pep no be OG.
I see you receiving a big L this night, i hope it happens...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 03, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Tbh that kind of L is what we all want cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Liposure: 5:54pm On Feb 03, 2021
nitrogen:
You wish. Burley is our wife.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:57pm On Feb 03, 2021
TrebleChamp:

grin

Joyful L you mean?!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:58pm On Feb 03, 2021
handelex:
Tbh that kind of L is what we all want cheesy

Honestly, but it's unlikely for City to lose it. They've got it in them, winning Mentality.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 5:58pm On Feb 03, 2021
izzou:

He’s right, playing against 10 men can be frustrating.

If a team who initially wanted to attack and win a game of football is reduced to 10 men, you have forced their hands to park the bus.

If they are really good at Satanic football, the opposing team would be very frustrated. You wouldn’t want a team managed by Tony Pulis, Sean Dyche, Simeone or Mourinho to go a man down.

They would frustrate you till you give up trying to score against them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:00pm On Feb 03, 2021
Manchester United's 24-man Europa League squad: De Gea, Henderson, Grant, Bishop, Bailly, Jones, Lindelöf, Maguire, Shaw, Telles, Tuanzebe, Wan-Bissaka, Diallo, Fernandes, Fred, James, Mata Matić, McTominay, Pogba, Van de Beek, Cavani, Martial, Rashford
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:03pm On Feb 03, 2021
Oasis007:
Manchester United's 24-man Europa League squad: De Gea, Henderson, Grant, Bishop, Bailly, Jones, Lindelöf, Maguire, Shaw, Telles, Tuanzebe, Wan-Bissaka, Diallo, Fernandes, Fred, James, Mata Matić, McTominay, Pogba, Van de Beek, Cavani, Martial, Rashford

What about Romero?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 6:09pm On Feb 03, 2021
Illimitable:

He’s right, playing against 10 men can be frustrating.

If a team who initially wanted to attack and win a game of football is reduced to 10 men, you have forced their hands to park the bus.

If they are really good at Satanic football, the opposing team would be very frustrated. You wouldn’t want a team managed by Tony Pulis, Sean Dyche, Simeone or Mourinho to go a man down.

They would frustrate you till you give up trying to score against them.

You just gave 4 examples of coaches that can turn a 10 man deficit around. There are hundreds of thousands of teams on earth.

You think Southampton didn't want to park bus yesterday? Until you park bus and collect 4 goals, that's when you know how confused the situation can be.

You can't tell me a 10 man team is more frustrating to beat than an 11 man team. That's not true

Even teams with 11 men that park bus, the opponent still finds a way to win, talk less of a 10 man team.

There are exceptions, yes I agree..but it's not more frustrating
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:16pm On Feb 03, 2021
izzou:

You just gave 4 examples of coaches that can turn a 10 man deficit around. There are hundreds of thousands of teams on earth.

You think Southampton didn't want to park bus yesterday? Until you park bus and collect 4 goals, that's when you know how confused the situation can be.

You can't tell me a 10 man team is more frustrating to beat than an 11 man team. That's not true

Even teams with 11 men that park bus, the opponent still finds a way to win, talk less of a 10 man team.

There are exceptions, yes I agree..but it's not more frustrating

Playing against 11 men(Leeds) versus 10 men(Stoke under Pulis), which do you think would be more frustrating? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:16pm On Feb 03, 2021
Illimitable:

What about Romero?

Technically he's no more United Player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:16pm On Feb 03, 2021
Oasis007:

Ridiculous list.

What is Bishop a 4th choice GK who has no business in the club in the first place doing there?

Why waste yet another spot for 5th choice CB Jones?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9496) (9497) (9498) (9499) (9500) (9501) (9502) ... (14181) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jokerman(m), Trevor012(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.