Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,221 members, 7,860,402 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:30 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9555) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8859777 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9552) (9553) (9554) (9555) (9556) (9557) (9558) ... (14214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:54pm On Feb 08, 2021
Panther7:
Afrodoc2, the Glazers have won the superbowl with their NFL franchise do you see them replicating that at United by spending big money just like they did with Tom Brady? cheesy

And and Glazers don't like spending... grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:55pm On Feb 08, 2021
afrodoc2:

The most important attribute is that he must not be slow. So that rules out players like Vestegaard, Milenkovic. If we had 2 pacy CBs that would allow us to play a high line comfortably it would transform the team.

Kounde, Upamecano, Militao, Alaba, Ramos, Konate is injury prone.

If i had nitrogen's influence i would buy 2 of them, send Maguire to the bench, sell Lindelof and loan out Tuanzebe. I would leave Bailly to do his hospital rotation until his contract expires.

Doc, see your list here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:55pm On Feb 08, 2021
Expert17:
Fergie in charge this season, I can bet KingAlabi's life savings on us winning the league.....but you see this amaka ehnnnn

grin grin

Why my life savings? angry angry angry

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2021
nitrogen:

Haha, some of the defenders you listed are young o. You guys will come back and say that our defence no get experience.

Also, some are really old, very possible that you will later tell us that we have old and tired legs in the defence.

Wahala!
@afrodoc

See my response here
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2021
KingAlabi:

Why my life savings? angry angry angry

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Baba wan help you burn your life savings. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:57pm On Feb 08, 2021
Leyqute:

I’m skeptical of that deal. Bayern tend to release players only after they’ve extracted every juice of football from them.

They’d play well before they leave Bayern but on getting to another club they’d be useless.

Very true. However in this case he was the one who refused to extend his contract. He is just 28yrs old and would be coming on a free transfer.

His ability to play a high line is what i like about him and of course his passing ability as well. If this team plays with 2 CBs that can play a high line comfortably you would be amazed at how much everything would improve.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:58pm On Feb 08, 2021
ouzo1:
All I know be say if you buy Europe's best give Ole, Him go turn them to average players..las las wetin u no sabi u no sabi
The fvcking truth

But why oleouters dey expect more na wetin I no understand cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:59pm On Feb 08, 2021
nitrogen:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Baba wan help you burn your life savings. grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Make I catch am first

As it is now I can't even bet my life savings on mancity to win league or Sheffield to relegate, na so I value am reach. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:00pm On Feb 08, 2021
handelex:
Let me take this as joke cos you're probably still angry about yesterday's game.

A coach who's team is 2nd on the log with half the season gone is not doing anything with his team?

Maybe Pep should borrow Maguire and Lindelof for the remainder of the season let's check something.

Naver allow sentiments cloud your sense of judgement.

Lol, second that is not sure, that one na second? I believe we will do top 4 sha, top 4 is the new trophy at United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 1:01pm On Feb 08, 2021
nitrogen:

Lol, I heard that OGS is considering old players too for immediate success, on the back of what happened yesterday. But Mou like mercenaries. Hahahahahuhuhuhuhahahahaha, back to square one?

Kosi bi e she fagbo to, e le fagbo to Baba Fela (you no fit smoke juana reach Baba Fela).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-united-brady-super-bowl-23461306.amp
Hopefully they sign Messi this summer, It's high time we won something.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ouzo1(m): 1:01pm On Feb 08, 2021
KingAlabi:

The fvcking truth

But why oleouters dey expect more na wetin I no understand cheesy

Dem no dey expect anything, dem just want make him Pak n Go (in kizz daniel's voice)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 1:03pm On Feb 08, 2021
ouzo1:

Dem no dey expect anything, dem just want make him Pak n Go (in kizz daniel's voice)
Tell Dem to kindly reach Ed Woodward, what are they waiting for FFS!!! angry cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 08, 2021
undecided
#OleOUT
#EndOLE
#OleMustGo
#EndOLECluelessness
#SackTheFraud
#Maguireisafridge.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:04pm On Feb 08, 2021
nitrogen:

@afrodoc

See my response here

Oh i didn't see it. Only Ramos is old there.

De Ligt is 21. Konate 21 (but older than De Ligt). Kounde 22. Upamecano 22. Militao 23. Alaba 28.

You said my list has players who are too young then you now suggested a player who is younger than all of them and another player who currently has a career threatening injury and plays for liverpool? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ouzo1(m): 1:05pm On Feb 08, 2021
KingAlabi:

Tell Dem to kindly reach Ed Woodward, what are they waiting for FFS!!! angry cheesy

na small small our voices will definitely be heard soon, na soon #endsars take start na.

#OLEOUT
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:06pm On Feb 08, 2021
afrodoc2:

Oh i didn't see it. Only Ramos is old there.

De Ligt is 21. Konate 21 (but older than De lLigt). Kounde 22. Upamecano 22. Militao 23. Alaba 28.

You said my list has players who are too young then you now suggested a player who is younger than all of them and player who currently has a career threatening injury and plays for liverpool? cheesy

I was just trying to play the role of the an Olesexual jare. They want a perfect player!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 1:06pm On Feb 08, 2021
Expert17:

The Glazers prefer Football than Soccer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:07pm On Feb 08, 2021
Soretire and Mejbri to start training with the first team.

They wan use double promotion kill Soretire.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 1:15pm On Feb 08, 2021
ouzo1:

na small small our voices will definitely be heard soon, na soon #endsars take start na.

#OLEOUT
Okay grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:19pm On Feb 08, 2021
nitrogen:

I was just trying to play the role of the an Olesexual jare. They want a perfect player!

You know say na fence me dey. If one always looks at issues through the prism of OleOut or OleIn one will slowly start being biased and emotional without noticing. No list is perfect and no transfer is failure-proof. Real didn't know that Hazard would be this woeful if not they would have bid 20m for him.

Having said that, in compiling that list i prioritized pace which is what we need with our current set up with the high press we often use. If your attack is pressing but your CBs are slow and staying back you will be easy to penetrate because of the gaps that would appear in midfield. Arrigo Sacchi clarified this theory in the late 80s. You can't have a high press and use a slow CB.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 1:24pm On Feb 08, 2021
afrodoc2:

BOTH. If Pep should mistakenly handle Sancho there will be lots of anguish amongst EPL defenders.

Wetin Foden and Sancho use our academy defenders eye see i no fit forget.
Doc i believe Pep will do wonders with Rashford too. Sterling used to play like a headless chicken until Pep fine tune him into what we know him for now...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sod09(m): 1:28pm On Feb 08, 2021
ChristineC:
we need speed at center back and one more capable competition upfront.
Haaland and Upamecano/Kanote can be brought in for around 100m.
Only if you off paynt
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:33pm On Feb 08, 2021
afrodoc2:

Very true. However in this case he was the one who refused to extend his contract. He is just 28yrs old and would be coming on a free transfer.

His ability to play a high line is what i like about him and of course his passing ability as well. If this team plays with 2 CBs that can play a high line comfortably you would be amazed at how much everything would improve.

Hope his wages won’t be much like Schwarzenegger own? Players at that age are always looking for a club to retire at. It’s still a throw up for me. The risks can be worth taking if getting him won’t be too costly. It kinda looks like Cavani’s deal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:35pm On Feb 08, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Doc i believe Pep will do wonders with Rashford too. Sterling used to play like a headless chicken until Pep fine tune him into what we know him for now...

Acshually, Rashford is kinda developing his game. There has been an improvement in his take ons in the last few seasons. I just need him to make better decisions. Watching him has been annoying.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 08, 2021
Karleb:

Of course you won't see where he blamed the coach.

It's as if you people get paid for doing this.
It's almost like they have selective vision.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 08, 2021
ouzo1:
All I know be say if you buy Europe's best give Ole, Him go turn them to average players..las las wetin u no sabi u no sabi
Can you back this up with facts?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 08, 2021
Leyqute:

Player makes poor decisions and misses sitters? Blame coach.

Board fails to buy transfer target? Blame coach.

Sugar tastes like salt and akpu plus agbalumo? Na coach cause am.

Blame coach. Blame coach. Blame coach.

No rinse, always repeat.
It's a makanaki situation grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:39pm On Feb 08, 2021
sod09:

Only if you off paynt
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 08, 2021
Expert17:

Well NFL is not like soccer. The owners can't purchase players with cash outrightly, it's done through drafts and player trades and there is a maximum salary cap. The Glazers really did not spend their money so to say.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 08, 2021
Expert17:
Fergie in charge this season, I can bet KingAlabi's life savings on us winning the league.....but you see this amaka ehnnnn

grin grin

Why only Amaka post Fergie?

Why not Mourinho or VanGaal too?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 08, 2021
nitrogen:

Lol, second that is not sure, that one na second? I believe we will do top 4 sha, top 4 is the new trophy at United.
Lol second that is not sure but you lots were sure of challenging for the title few weeks ago.

cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:49pm On Feb 08, 2021
handelex:
Lol second that is not sure but you lots were sure of challenging for the title few weeks ago.

cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9552) (9553) (9554) (9555) (9556) (9557) (9558) ... (14214) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: VicThory(m), Jamiuokolla and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.