Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,041 members, 7,821,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (971) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8750604 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (968) (969) (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) ... (14157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:17pm On Sep 01, 2014
TRANSFER NEWS: Manchester United and Sampdoria are 'one step away' from agreement on Argentine goalkeeper Sergio Romero.
[Source: Gazzetta dello Sport]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
coogar:

our sponsors have taken care of such eventualities. we have released several players - nani, hernandez, kagawa, will keane, rio, vidic, evra, etc. surely, our wage/turnover ratio won't be more than the 50% benchmark.

we are healthy!

Lets bet. Assuming we even somehow manage to get Cleverley, Young and Valencia off the wage bill, wage to turnover ratio for the next relevant period will be at least 65%.

No European footy, so turnover will be down across tv income, prize money, lost matchday income e.t.c. Just financing a pay rise for Rooney and RVP would have engulfed all that was released from letting go off Rio, Vida and Evra. We are still contributing to Nani wages, Kagawa's wages were quite modest. The over paid guys are still here, Young, Fellaini, Valencia and we are handing out significant contracts to attract players and to compensate for no UCL (lesser bonus payments) as well as massive contracts on record deals (Shaw, Falcao, Di Maria, Mata).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
coogar:

our sponsors have taken care of such eventualities. we have released several players - nani, hernandez, kagawa, will keane, rio, vidic, evra, etc. surely, our wage/turnover ratio won't be more than the 50% benchmark.

we are healthy!

You are still paying Nanis wages , Hernandez, Keane Kagawa werent earning much
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
SIRcumalot:
Is their any truth to this highest earner clause in Rooney last contract ?

No truth to it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
SIRcumalot:
Is their any truth to this highest earner clause in Rooney last contract ?

that's complete bullshyte!
the £346k wage is also bullshyte! the media hacks on talksports kinda worked it out that for falcao to be on the same wage-bill as he was in monaco, we would be paying him £346k/week cos the tax here is about 50%

that's not the case cos united would be paying monaco to pay falcao. monaco is a tax-free city. we will pay monaco £200k/week and monaco will pay falcao.

raumdeuter:
You are still paying Nanis wages , Hernandez, Keane Kagawa werent earning much

so according to your diminutive common sense the wages of rio, evra, vidic, kagawa, büttner, giggs, hernandez, powell somehow outweigh what we are paying falcao & nani? grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by r231(m): 8:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
Welcome home Blindman grin

Shine your eye well well

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
United sign Daley Blind from Ajax

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Daley Blind has completed his transfer for a fee of £14million.
Daley joins on a four-year contract with the option to extend for a further year.

Blind, 24, came through the ranks of the Ajax youth system, making his senior debut in 2008 for his hometown club. He has 19 caps for the Netherlands national team and was voted Dutch Player of the Year for the 2013/14 season.

Daley Blind said: "It is a real honour to sign for Manchester United.

"I have been at Ajax since I was seven years old and I will always have very fond memories of the club and of my time there.

"Louis van Gaal is a tremendously talented coach, I have worked with him at Ajax and also for the Netherlands national team and I cannot wait to work with him at the biggest club in the world."

Louis van Gaal said: "I am delighted Daley has signed for the club.

"He is a very intelligent and versatile footballer that can play in many positions.

"Daley is a great reader of the game, he has played under my philosophy over a number of years and he will be a great addition to the team."

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
r231: Welcome home Blindman grin

Shine your eye well well

this is what our haters are going through now....

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 01, 2014
Blind for CDM. Great business.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:43pm On Sep 01, 2014

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
coogar:

mata has scored more league goals this season than eden hazard(chelsea's saviour) grin cheesy

Hazard: Goals - 1 Assists - 0 MOTM - 1 AVP - 8.13

Mata: Goals - 1. Assists - 0 MOTM - 0 AVP - 6:73

MOTM: Man Of The Match.
AVP: Average Performance

Coog, God Lager isn't Ideal for you - Stick to the beer that works for you please cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
elampiro: TRANSFER NEWS: Manchester United and Sampdoria are 'one step away' from agreement on Argentine goalkeeper Sergio Romero.
[Source: Gazzetta dello Sport]

Would rather they sort out the CD. Come on Ed, few hours to go. . .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Coog, God Lager isn't Ideal for you - Stick to the beer that works for you please cheesy grin

so how come mata was able to win chelsea's player of the season twice? he won it even when hazard is there.

chelsea sold their birthright - this is why you have only won the league once in the last 8 seasons. chelsea & arsenal don't have much difference as far as the league title is concerned.

london clubs getting dominated by manchester clubs since 1993. grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 01, 2014
Man I still can't believe today. What a transfer deadline day this is turning out to be.

Abeg if these are "panic buys", more of the same please. cheesy (
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mikeywise(m): 8:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Hazard should have 2 goals, worst still an assist against everton?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
coogar:

so how come mata was able to win chelsea's player of the season twice? he won it even when hazard is there.

chelsea sold their birthright - this is why you have only won the league once in the last 8 seasons. chelsea & arsenal don't have much difference as far as the league title is concerned.

london clubs getting dominated by manchester clubs since 1993. grin cheesy

This talk no concern wetin dey ground Jare.

Birthright? Mata must have won us the EPL!

Phucking passenger that only delivers when up against folks like Shelvey Jonjo and Charlie Adams cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 01, 2014
mikeywise:
Hazard should have 2 goals, worst still an assist against everton?

No assist is awarded on an ''own goal''.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chimerase2: 9:08pm On Sep 01, 2014
Manure will lose against QPR cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 9:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
Freddy guarin........last deal....
will he, will he not?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mikeywise(m): 9:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
AirborneLacer:

No assist is awarded on an ''own goal''.
My bad, thank you very much.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
Lol.
Bitterness, when bottled up could be lethal.
It could make one run mad grin

So feel free to express your bitterness while u can smiley
May no too far again smiley.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
angry angry angry angry wheres Vidal ed woodward grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
coogar:

this is what our haters are going through now....

epic
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
lekkie073: Freddy guarin........last deal....
will he, will he not?

Thought Valencia were in for him. Hmm. . .

Would feel bad if a deal doesn't go through though. Blind can hold down that DM role till Jan. More worried about the backline.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Belovedd: 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
Arsenal should be thankful that we just saved this window for them by selling them welbeck, me i no happy at all, welbeck has prospects and i believe he'll do very well
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
Belovedd: Arsenal should be thankful that we just saved this window for them by selling them welbeck, me i no happy at all, welbeck has prospects and i believe he'll do very well

Just saw it on BBC. Na wa o. But why.

It seems we've quickly forgotten how they treated us on the Vermaleen deal. For a measly 16million pounds. Oh well.

---

Don't get the Sergio deal though. Are we aiming for something like this?

.........................De Gea..................

Johnstone....Amos....Lindegaard....Romero

.........................Blind........................

............Herrera............Di Maria.............

.......................Rooney............................

...............Falcao..........RvP...................

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
Seems transfer business is done for United this window.
I am happy with Falcao coming considering RVP,Rooney etc have been poor so far but i would have liked us to get a solid central midfielder e.g Vidal or even De Jong.
Meanwhile the Strootman they say LVG is waiting for has suffered an ACL injury which is usually more serious than Vidal's meniscus injury, even Falcao had an ACL injury recently.

All the players we signed are good additions even though some are overpriced but the team is still unbalanced and top heavy with the talent while the foundation is still quite average.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
afrodoc2: Seems transfer business is done for United this window.
I am happy with Falcao coming considering RVP,Rooney etc have been poor so far but i would have liked us to get a solid central midfielder e.g

Vidal or even De Jong.
Meanwhile the Strootman they say LVG is waiting for has suffered an ACL injury which is usually more serious than Vidal's meniscus injury, even Falcao had an ACL injury recently.

All the players we signed are good additions even though some are overpriced but the team is still unbalanced and top heavy with the talent while the foundation is still quite average.

fredthered says there's still one more surprise signing. there's still about 70 mins to go!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
So we chased the relatively young and cost effective strikers we had for the super expensive trio of a 31 year old with a long history and present day fitness issues (RVP), a soon to be 29 year old who plays like he is already in his 30s (Rooney) and a 28 year old who just recovered from a serious knee injury (Falcao).

Wilson, Henriquez e.t.c better be the real deals else we be force to spend big on strikers again soon.

LVG talks about inheriting an unbalanced squad, but besides Rojo and Blind, his other signings aren't exactly correcting the supposed imbalance.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
montelik: So we chased the relatively young and cost effective strikers we had for the super expensive trio of a 31 year old with a long history and present day fitness issues (RVP), a soon to be 29 year old who plays like he is already in his 30s (Rooney) and a 28 year old who just recovered from a serious knee injury.

Wilson, Henriquez e.t.c better be the real deals else we be force to spend big on strikers again soon.

LVG talks about inheriting an unbalanced squad, but besides Rojo and Blind, his other signings aren't exactly correcting the supposed imbalance.

The only voice of reason on the thread today

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
coogar:

fredthered says there's still one more surprise signing. there's still about 70 mins to go!

Besides Falcao and Blind? (and that Romero GK)

I'd be on the clouds if true. Even higher if it's related to CD.

(1) (2) (3) ... (968) (969) (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) ... (14157) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Odunharry(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.