Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,395 members, 7,836,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9855) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8794985 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9852) (9853) (9854) (9855) (9856) (9857) (9858) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 10:55pm On Apr 06, 2021
handelex:
Oleouters want Ole sacked immediately by the club. Is that what Bruno want?
Honestly if players where allowed to freely state their opinion, Bruno would most likely call for Ole sack. Bruno want trophies, so do we. If Ole cannot deliver trophy(s), Bruno might push for a move. I haven't enjoyed watching United matches in a while now. If style of play doesn't improve and we fail to win trophy this season, then the club should do the needful....

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 10:56pm On Apr 06, 2021
Illimitable:

[s]Elampiro can’t make up his mind.

He likes the rudderless attacking football that leaves us vulnerable at the back. Attack wins games, defence wins titles. If we are solid at the back, one could understand.

We have two slow CBs that are positionally fraudulent and yet Ole is so tactically naive to the point that he cannot close games out when leading by a goal margin at the death.

This is why some of us know Ole will never win a trophy.[/s]
Each time you quote me, I always ignore you but it seems you are too dumb to get the memo so let me spell it out for you. STOP QUOTING ME! You are one of the reasons I want Seun to add a block feature on Nairaland so I can block you and not have to see your idiotic opinions anymore.

You are very predictable so I know you will quote me and start barking, but be rest assured that this is the first and last reply you are getting from me. If you like bark from now until next year, you will be ignored until you question your own existence.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabolaji(m): 11:52pm On Apr 06, 2021
After watching Real madrid and dortmund today, I can clearly see Man United is doing nothing in training. Just snap pictures and go back home cool

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:28am On Apr 07, 2021
Illimitable:

You can say anything you want but legend has it that CQ’s tactical acumen against Barcelona got Manchester United to the final.

It was even more heroic considering Vidic was absent in both legs and we prevented the attacking trio of Messi, Henry & Eto’o from scoring in 180 minutes of football.

If CQ was the one who produced the tactics against Barca in 2008, then he did a very bad job.

In 2008, Manchester United team was more feared in Europe than Barcelona. Ronaldo was vastly superior to Messi in 2008. In the first leg in Spain, if Ronaldo scored the early penalty, United would have done to Barca what it did to teams like Roma. After the early penalty missed, Ronaldo and United were low in confidence which led to some poor decision making in the final third. United had the upper hand into half time.Second proved that Barca got the better tactics as United parked the bus throughout 2nd half. This no away goal at Barcelona put the team under pressure ahead of the second leg.

In nutshell, the coaching team couldn't bring United out of the shock of the penalty miss by Ronaldo.

In 2008 United team was the strongest in Europe after growing from the experience of 2007. In 2009, Barca team was the strongest in Europe and Messi had grown into a man. But one major factor was that Darren Flercher was playing the football of his life in 2009, he was in a beast mode, but we didn't have him for the final match. His absence suddenly left a big hole in the team that no one else could fill. It was like if Leicester missed Kante in their quest to win the league that year. Fletcher covered so much ground, very useful in attacking play as well and posed a threat to opponents from set pieces

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:39am On Apr 07, 2021
1. Is Darren Fletcher the Difference Maker for United?

Darren Fletcher's dismissal in the semi-final with Arsenal in 2009 cost him a place in the final versus Barcelona that year. Shaun Botterill/Getty Images
Darren Fletcher was certainly valued by Sir Alex Ferguson back in 2009, but there is no denying his stock has gone up since then. The Scottish midfielder has been recognised by his manager as one of his most reliable big-match players.

A big reason why Fletcher's stock has risen so high was the detrimental effect his absence had on Manchester United in the Champions League final that year. He missed the match after having been sent-off with a red card in the semifinal versus Arsenal[b].

United lacked a midfield presence capable of restricting the creative Barcelona fulcrum of Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Lionel Messi. United's central midfield of Michael Carrick, Ryan Giggs and Anderson were out-passed by the Spanish-speaking maestros opposite them and had difficulty doing anything about it.[/b]

One player Darren Fletcher might be utilised in trying to stop is Lionel Messi.

Whether it is Fletcher doing a man-marking job or not, finding a way to lessen the Argentinian sensation's impact will be at the forefront of Sir Alex Ferguson's gameplan.

Despite any opponent's best effort to negate Barca's attacking threat overall, Messi proved once more in the semi-final with Real Madrid his ability to summon something out of nothing. The significance of this contribution cannot be understated in tense and tight affairs like that first-leg game.

United will ponder man-marking him but that means sacrificing a player perhaps better used in dealing with the considerable threats posed elsewhere by Barca.

Messi of course is not perfect. In six previous visits to England he has failed to score; Barcelona won just one of those games against Liverpool in 2007. It might simply amount to him having some rare off-days, or perhaps a closer look by Ferguson and his staff will find some insight on how to neutralise this most dangerous of threats

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/708331-ten-key-questions-heading-into-the-uefa-champions-league-final.amp.html

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:44am On Apr 07, 2021
I remember Moutinho saying that year that Fletcher's red card was dubious to weaken United ahead of the final, even as he questioned the Eufa ref Ovrebo who ensured Chelsea were sent out from bad officiating. Mourinho implied there was a Eufa agenda against English teams ahead of the final. He said United will be missing a man in the final, Barca will be missing. But United will suffer from the man being missed.......

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 3:45am On Apr 07, 2021
olabolaji:
After watching Real madrid and dortmund today, I can clearly see Man United is doing nothing in training. Just snap pictures and go back home cool
Dortmund have regressed from last season, they are out of the top four and will most probably not qualify for next season’s CL, they just got beaten by the City team we beat comfortably few weeks ago.

Next time, think before you click submit.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 5:48am On Apr 07, 2021
SyIvalord:
Dortmund have regressed from last season, they are out of the top four and will most probably not qualify for next season’s CL, they just got beaten by the City team we beat comfortably few weeks ago.

And who told you that's how football works. May i remind you City and united are rivals so anything can happen no matter the later form. Also, one club from Turkey defeated your team in ucl but you think you can defeat dortmund because of their deep in form in the league.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:48am On Apr 07, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Honestly if players where allowed to freely state their opinion, Bruno would most likely call for Ole sack. Bruno want trophies, so do we. If Ole cannot deliver trophy(s), Bruno might push for a move. I haven't enjoyed watching United matches in a while now. If style of play doesn't improve and we fail to win trophy this season, then the club should do the needful....
Lol did Bruno tell you this personally? If if if if....

Bruno want trophies but Ole don't want trophies?

And Ole's the one on the field playing the ball cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 5:53am On Apr 07, 2021
olabolaji:
What pattern of play did Madrid play yesterday cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:59am On Apr 07, 2021
olabolaji:
Oshey club photographer. While did it take you this long to figure this out as season don dey end... You fvck up shaa, something wey guys don figure since season started cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 6:03am On Apr 07, 2021
Dortmund really missed Sancho yesterday. The game could have been different.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 6:24am On Apr 07, 2021
olabolaji:
But they are second on the log currently in the premier league, how do I explain this to my children?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 6:27am On Apr 07, 2021
hensben:
And who told you that's how football works. May i remind you City and united are rivals so anything can happen no matter the later form. Also, one club from Turkey defeated your team in ucl but you think you can defeat dortmund because of their deep in form in the league.

West brom says hi?
Still tuchel ball?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 6:29am On Apr 07, 2021
KingAlabi:

West brom says hi?
Still tuchel ball?
Yes anything can happen in football as i said earlier.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 6:45am On Apr 07, 2021
hensben:
Yes anything can happen in football as i said earlier.
So tell me are west brom better coached than your team?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 7:41am On Apr 07, 2021
England Midfield option is stacked. Players like Bellingham could even missed the Euros. I hope we won't regret not buying this boy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 7:50am On Apr 07, 2021
SyIvalord:

Jeez! What is this take? So because you beat City, they are useless?

Didn’t Sheffield and Palace beat you at home? That means any other team that can’t beat you is useless?

MHEN, scummies! sad

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 7:52am On Apr 07, 2021
olabolaji:
I tire ooh, even a blind person can clearly see this. Every game same rubbish footy, yet we should be clapping for Ole....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 7:53am On Apr 07, 2021
KingAlabi:

But they are second on the log currently in the premier league, how do I explain this to my children?
You celebrate the mediocre things of life. Your team crashed out of the UCL group stage, lost a semifinal to the City your friend is tagging useless now, lost a QF game miserably to Leicester. In fact at a point in the season, you were well above this same useless City but now you’re glorifying a second place position they don’t give any trophy for. I weak!

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:56am On Apr 07, 2021
Leyqute:

Me sef dey disappointed in him but make we no overdo am na.
But we overdo am when it is Fred na cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabolaji(m): 8:06am On Apr 07, 2021
handelex:
Oshey club photographer. While did it take you this long to figure this out as season don dey end... You fvck up shaa, something wey guys don figure since season started cheesy

It makes sad watching other teams playing silky football so I just quit watching other teams play altogether
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 8:08am On Apr 07, 2021
elampiro:
[s] I don't know if Ole is a good coach, but I see the most stable team since Ferguson.

Under Moyes, Gaal, Mourinho, it was always panic when I have to watch our league matches. If Fellaini is not available to help see out a game by heading away balls in our box, we were very likely to concede a late goal to draw or lose a match. It was devastating. [/s]

Didn't expect this from you. I would say i am highly disappointed but you are human after all.

It was devastating yet we won trophies. Ole has spent more than Mourinho. He doesnt get the backlash from the media like LVG and mou got.
He has lost 4 semis, 0 trophies. 268Mil and he's had much longer time and you think it isnt devastating? Why? Because Ole is a legend?

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 8:11am On Apr 07, 2021
KingAlabi:

[s]But they are second on the log currently in the premier league,[/s] how do I explain this to my children?

Man utd won the epl in 1999. Who came second? See how long it took you to remember? No one gives a shiit about the runners up..

Fvck ole Gollum the serial bottler.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 8:48am On Apr 07, 2021
I never grow tired of this senseless bickering TBH grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 8:50am On Apr 07, 2021
CapitalCee:

Ole is managing him well yes. Most things I said about Ole is based on my convinction not based on agenda. If Ole does well i will give credit to him. For example I dont have any issues with Ole so far he cam win us the Europa this season and finish 2nd, while showing progress in his style of play.
Europa na trophy? grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabolaji(m): 8:57am On Apr 07, 2021
KingTom:

Europa na trophy? grin

Yeah we must win Europa o anyhow just win
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 07, 2021
KingAlabi:
Most times it just better to keep shvt
The more you talk the more shiits come out

cheesy grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 07, 2021
elampiro:
I remember Moutinho saying that year that Fletcher's red card was dubious to weaken United ahead of the final, even as he questioned the Eufa ref Øvrebø who ensured Chelsea were sent out from bad officiating. Mourinho implied there was a Eufa agenda against English teams ahead of the final. He said United will be missing a man in the final, Barca will be missing. But United will suffer from the man being missed.......

This name brings back really painful memories. Uefalona
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 07, 2021
handelex:
Lol did Bruno tell you this personally? If if if if....

Bruno want trophies but Ole don't want trophies?

And Ole's the one on the field playing the ball cheesy

Ole doesn’t want trophies, he just enjoys being Manchester United’s Head Coach grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 07, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Ole doesn’t want trophies, he just enjoys being Manchester United’s Head Coach grin
My brother the thing tire me oo

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:35am On Apr 07, 2021
SyIvalord:

See reasoning. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9852) (9853) (9854) (9855) (9856) (9857) (9858) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Bluelines69, Ellexy and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.