Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,174 members, 7,821,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Have Nigerians Taken Remixing Overboard? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Have Nigerians Taken Remixing Overboard? (4486 Views)

What Sup With Adekunle Gold, Changing Peoples Song And Remixing It / "the Art Of The Remix": New Interactive Music Remixing Tutorial Released / Am Remixing Chamillionaire's Song (riding) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have Nigerians Taken Remixing Overboard? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 15, 2012
This one don give me serious conundrum. Why is it that Nigerian musicians feel the need to remix a song? And why are some releasing double videos? Flavour has two videos for "Adamma" and it's the same, exact song. Wizboyy has two videos for "Infinity"; again, na the same song. The original "Infinity" video was released last summer, so what's the point of releasing another one like six months later? Just to stand for front of flashy cars with half-dressed babes wey no fit dance? The video even had some resemblance to Fally Ipupa's "Arsenal de Belle Melodies" video. The latter videos for both artists were worse than the initial ones in my opinion.

As for remixing? Don't get me started. Sound Sultan's "Orobo". Darey's "Sisi Eko" (although I tenk God for this one because the original was horrible). Wizboyy's "O Wu Sagi". Phyno's "Multiply". Kas' "Fi Mi Le". And that's just mainstream. I know there are several I'm missing but I can't be too bothered to go down my iTunes list.

Na terrible disease. Personally, I'm tired of it as it seems redundant. Some of them no even try. The beat is the same. Lyrics no change. Na to add one verse from remastering master Flavour or whomever else. I don't know who came up with the rule that there must be at least one remix from every album they release. And it's not even like the remix is always better. How can we take our artists seriously when every other track they release, someone is screaming "REMIX!"

Remixes are cool when they're unexpected.
Re: Have Nigerians Taken Remixing Overboard? by amblors(m): 8:15pm On Feb 15, 2012
Remix syndrome huh! I no understand em, but pple always want to capitalise on d buzzz from their hit songs. People begged for a remix from choc boiz for ARA, e no show YET. From our perspective its hearing a diff version od the song, it doesn't always work well, but wen it does, its cool. Na the dual video me no undastand @ all. Lol
Re: Have Nigerians Taken Remixing Overboard? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 15, 2012
Lack of Ideas and good music
Re: Have Nigerians Taken Remixing Overboard? by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 16, 2012
^ Said it All in Six Words!
Re: Have Nigerians Taken Remixing Overboard? by SEFAGO(m): 9:45am On Feb 16, 2012
Re: Have Nigerians Taken Remixing Overboard? by Coefficient(m): 10:27am On Feb 16, 2012
has anyone heard terry g's akpako pt 2? do we need to av a remix wen its no different from the original?
Re: Have Nigerians Taken Remixing Overboard? by birdman(m): 10:31am On Feb 16, 2012
^someone smack this JJC chap
Re: Have Nigerians Taken Remixing Overboard? by opensine: 10:32am On Feb 16, 2012
A multi- disciplinary company requires services of marketers in Abuja & metropolis

Minimum requirement: OND in social science or any other related courses.

Any interested candidate should send his or her CV through this email address
info@tospod.com on or before 21/2/2012.
Re: Have Nigerians Taken Remixing Overboard? by eghost247(m): 11:13am On Feb 16, 2012
lack of ideas
Re: Have Nigerians Taken Remixing Overboard? by Koolking(m): 11:20am On Feb 16, 2012
All twisted for marketers to make their money, not even the artist. Come to think of it; only a hand few of the Nigerian artists are creative others are media-acclaimed (hyped). Thank God I am not a fan to Nigerian musicians. Their works are boring, insipid and inspiring. They stop being tacky and crown their talent with creativity. . .
Re: Have Nigerians Taken Remixing Overboard? by Kimmo(f): 11:36am On Feb 16, 2012
So true. Most of them r just plain lazy n find it easier to change an 'oh' to an 'ah'. At. 2 different points in d song, then sell if off as a remix. I'll disagree with sooneone who said Nigerian music ws basically a watse of time. It isn't. Americans r no btter, when u com to thnk about it. Look at d Nicki Minaj debacle, for instance, it says something about d state of music in d world today if Minaj is evn known at all. Oh, sisi eko by Darey (original) wasn't bad at all,I haven't heard d remix, but I loiked d original
Re: Have Nigerians Taken Remixing Overboard? by jspac(m): 12:56pm On Feb 16, 2012
You mean something like free madness pt 1,2,3 and 4 plus akpako pt 1 and 2(watch out for pt 3) angry
Re: Have Nigerians Taken Remixing Overboard? by Wexelion(m): 1:32pm On Feb 16, 2012
Very soon they go change am to season film (music series)
Re: Have Nigerians Taken Remixing Overboard? by macob(m): 5:33pm On Feb 16, 2012
but come to think of it, do u know dat some of those remixes seem to sound better dan d original. i think i like the remix of Fimile nd Pass me ur love, even d remix of fotogenic by wizboy. its all about interest sha
Re: Have Nigerians Taken Remixing Overboard? by Nobody: 2:35am On Feb 17, 2012
diluminati:
Lack of Ideas and good music

It could very well be.

Koolking:
All twisted for marketers to make their money, not even the artist. Come to think of it; only a hand few of the Nigerian artists are creative others are media-acclaimed (hyped). Thank God I am not a fan to Nigerian musicians. Their works are boring, insipid and inspiring. They stop being tacky and crown their talent with creativity. . .

I'm sure you meant uninspiring. You don vex be that lol. Some of are musicians are good. Our industry isn't all lost and gone.

macob:
but come to think of it, do u know dat some of those remixes seem to sound better dan d original. i think i like the remix of Fimile nd Pass me ur love, even d remix of fotogenic by wizboy. its all about interest sha

Which one is Fotojenik remix? I never hear am o! The original was gbam on its own. *sighs*

I'm glad I'm not to the only one confused about double video lol.
Re: Have Nigerians Taken Remixing Overboard? by Wexelion(m): 8:22am On Feb 18, 2012
Since nigeria film must get part 2 wetin you expect for music
Re: Have Nigerians Taken Remixing Overboard? by lalaboi(m): 12:18pm On Feb 18, 2012
If theres a remix with with bigger artistes then i think its normal. If you complain about artiste remixing their own tune, then what will you say about other artiste over remix one tune? grin

Unfortunately, having 2 videos for one song is one of the dumb things some artiste do. I think they get excited with their money and think ah, "here's a chance to do what i wanted with that song". or claim its a leak only to come up with a very similar video like the case of our brother iceprince grin

As per the guy on JJC's case. chill na. He was only tryna connect with the whole african community. Getting remixes with artistes from different countries was kind of needed or necessary.
Re: Have Nigerians Taken Remixing Overboard? by achukwunet(f): 6:05am On Sep 11, 2012
Ogugua..... thankyouuu for posting this! Yes it's true: Nigerian musicians remix their songs too much! Too much or too soon. undecided
Re: Have Nigerians Taken Remixing Overboard? by Nobody: 2:25am On Sep 14, 2012
My biggest beef with remixes is that some artists will use the same tracks and same lyrics, but then either cut out a verse and make room for the feature or just add the feature. Remix, in my opinion, means DO OVER. A good remix should have new lyrics, a new sound, and a feature. I still think Bracket's "Remember" (Yori Yori Remix) featuring 2 Face Idibia is one of the best.

(1) (Reply)

Mixtape: BEST OF Uhuru Dj_pee X Dj_ Ice (official Mix) / Frank Edwards – God Of Miracle [Correct & Complete Lyrics ] / Nneka Egbuna Wins MOBO Award For 'Best African Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.