Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Boko Haram: 1,000 Displaced Igbo Take Refuge In Calabar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: 1,000 Displaced Igbo Take Refuge In Calabar (1328 Views)

Hausas And Fulanis In Enugu Taking Refuge In Army Barracks - Ekweremmadu / Mubi Residents Flew To Take Refuge On The Mountain Top (pictures) / 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: 1,000 Displaced Igbo Take Refuge In Calabar by WebSurfer(m): 6:02am On Feb 17, 2012
No fewer than 1,000 Ndigbo who fled the northern parts of the country as a result of the attacks by the terrorist Islamic sect, Boko Haram, have relocated to Calabar, the Cross River State capital.

Our correspondent learnt on Thursday that at least 100 people from the South-East arrive in Calabar weekly from either the northern parts of the country or Libya, Malawi and some other African countries experiencing crisis.

The leader of Igboezuo Youths Assembly, Mr. Okey Maduekwe, and the association’s secretary, Mr. Onyema Udohirinwa, commended the Cross River State Government for providing a peaceful environment to accommodate the displaced people.

The group noted that the immediate past governor of the state, Senator Liyel Imoke, did well to provide a peaceful environment as well as infrastructure in key areas like road, water, education, hospital, and rural development.

It added that because of the peaceful nature of the state, non indigenes living in areas that have been witnessing crisis had decided to relocate to Calabar.

The group said, “We thank God for Senator Liyel Imoke. He has proved himself a nationalist and manager of resources even with the meagre resources available to the state; he has been able to make a remarkable impact.”

The Assembly, however, appealed to the state government to expedite action on building mega markets as the present Watt and Etim Edem markets were congested.

They noted that the mega markets would accommodate businessmen that were relocating to the state.

The group also urged the state government to open up estates in Calabar, Ugep, Ikom, Ogoja and other urban areas to accommodate more of the displaced people coming to the state, stressing that such new places would help to decongest the state capital and boost the economy of the state.

http://naija-online.com/2012/02/boko-haram-1000-displaced-igbo-take-refuge-in-calabar/
Re: Boko Haram: 1,000 Displaced Igbo Take Refuge In Calabar by WebSurfer(m): 6:03am On Feb 17, 2012

some igbo leaving kano
Re: Boko Haram: 1,000 Displaced Igbo Take Refuge In Calabar by mensdept: 6:12am On Feb 17, 2012
Wow, so these 1000 did not have their towns or villages developed in preparation for this day? Where's the Orji governors from Abia, with all the noise their commissioners are making?
Re: Boko Haram: 1,000 Displaced Igbo Take Refuge In Calabar by OneNaira6: 6:49am On Feb 17, 2012
The same image was used for Igbo displaced in Enugu, the same image was used for Igbo displaced in Abia, now the same image is being used for Igbo displaced in Calabar.

I don't believe this story one bit and i'm starting to disbelieve the story of the Abia one too; since Enugu story had the image first, probably it was the truth story.
Re: Boko Haram: 1,000 Displaced Igbo Take Refuge In Calabar by DuduNegro: 7:14am On Feb 17, 2012
They noted that the mega markets would accommodate businessmen that were relocating to the state.

The group also urged the state government to open up estates in Calabar, Ugep, Ikom, Ogoja and other urban areas to accommodate more of the displaced people coming to the state, stressing that such new places would help to decongest the state capital and boost the economy of the state.

. . . . .they should soon claiming that city as their own. Whats wrong with igbo going to igbo states?
Re: Boko Haram: 1,000 Displaced Igbo Take Refuge In Calabar by dayokanu(m): 7:18am On Feb 17, 2012
[size=18pt]Occupy Calabar[/size]
Re: Boko Haram: 1,000 Displaced Igbo Take Refuge In Calabar by DuduNegro: 7:21am On Feb 17, 2012
lmfao!! grin Abasi!!
Re: Boko Haram: 1,000 Displaced Igbo Take Refuge In Calabar by Osiris211: 7:45am On Feb 17, 2012
I'd expected the baostful and mouthed Igbos to invade this thread to tell us how eastern Nigeria is the best place to live. Even the 'returnee' parasites couldn't stand the barreness of their states, they have to bolt to more comforting places.

The parasites must locate new host to survive it is called survival instinct. I just pity the people of calabar as, arm robbery spate will increase in multiple folds. Welcome to the era of theft, robbery and kidnapping, the hall mark of any eastern community.

Viva la peaceful Calabar!
Re: Boko Haram: 1,000 Displaced Igbo Take Refuge In Calabar by OneNaira6: 7:52am On Feb 17, 2012
I just concluded that Nigerian bigots are beyond stupid, I vote dey examine una brain to discover whatever sickness that caused this in an effort to save the human race.

Una cannot tell the story is false. If it is a true article, why wasn't there a picture of the displaced in calabar?

why the same recycled picture 24-7 for the same stories?

Ha, they need to examined una brain quick.

Na wa oo!!!
Re: Boko Haram: 1,000 Displaced Igbo Take Refuge In Calabar by DuduNegro: 8:20am On Feb 17, 2012
some commentaries related to the news. . .some of these people are funny in their responses.

simple February 17, 2012 at 12:34 am
when a man turns away blessing from his door it goes to another , they believe that they have goten enough development from the igbos and they use the name of boko haram to remove them , but i tell you, you have not seen anything ,we are a blessed people anywhere we go ,God is with us.

Adeza baba February 17, 2012 at 1:26 am
Boko haram sect,F G ,use differe diamesion stop dis mances, good govt shuold planing d way out, corruption in govt is too much, if in d military. Now the FG said them want callect loan,after the subcidy money. Nigeria govt should chaking themself.

Emperor February 17, 2012 at 1:43 am
Anywhere in the south is okay, as long as it’s not within the territory of those vampires!

chima February 17, 2012 at 1:46 am
Whr r d southeast govrnrs y r dey quiet whn their ppl nd them most

NaijaWatch February 17, 2012 at 1:56 am
Northerners will destroy anything they touch. Keep away from them

truth of the matter February 17, 2012 at 2:10 am
I think the our has come for his country to split at least hausa’s have benefited a lot from the oil…at least by ruling for many years now …I think south south and south east ( eastern region ) as it was called before the war, WHICH was changed on 1999 constitution in order to bring division between South East and South South ….I wish both of them can come together and work towards the sovereign State of Biafra the fight has been fought THE OUR HAS COME FOR BIAFRA TO STAND AS NATION

Justin February 17, 2012 at 3:41 am
Stand on your own and don’t include the South South/Niger-Delta state in your Biafra agenda

Odilichi February 17, 2012 at 2:11 am
Why do we Igbos hate ourselves so much? When are we going to learn real lessons? We lost out in P Harcourt after the civil war and now we are losing in the North to Boko Haram because we refuse to be patriotic and have failed to develope our fatherland. Why are these people running to Calabar rather than Owerri, Aba, Enugu or Onitsha? Can someone please explain this foolishness

blessed man February 17, 2012 at 3:38 am
Is Calabar not among Igbos? ask your dad the history of Igbos, forget about the south south or south east is one blood, I am from Cross river bred in Onitsha with my parent

Odilichi February 17, 2012 at 7:57 am
No sir. I am not sure what you have been reading or have been told by your dad but Calabat is in no way Igbo. This was the same mentality that encouraged the Igbos to invest so much in PH.

effizzy February 17, 2012 at 5:28 am
, because our eastern governors have done nothing to help relocate them….no hand e
xtended by them…d Calabar government kw that the Igbos would spur economic development for their state…they are smart

Raheem Gbenga February 17, 2012 at 7:48 am
Am a true yoruba man, but I concur with what you have said, they should try and develop the east rather than kill themselves in the north

ociichi February 17, 2012 at 2:52 am
I think there is nothing wrong in our people going to stay in calaba at least they are our brothers and it could have been better if they were there than staying in the land of the dead
causalities wouldn’t have occur, but let the igbo leathers know that the destiny of their people is in their hands and do every thing to defend them …,
Re: Boko Haram: 1,000 Displaced Igbo Take Refuge In Calabar by DuduNegro: 8:34am On Feb 17, 2012
cornel February 17, 2012 at 6:41 am
bros when the chips are down, u will know that the igbo man is just the 5 SE states, Jonathan Azikiwe Goodluck will denial u like isaac boro and ken saro wiwa did years ago. the most unfortuanate is that our gov. are only interested in what goes into there purse

Odilichi February 17, 2012 at 8:01 am
What is wrong about Calabar migration is the same thing that was wrong about PH. We thought we were one but found out the hard way. This will happen again soon in Calabar after we finish developing there

prince olisa February 17, 2012 at 4:59 am
prophetic statemen made some years ago, is that by the year 2015, the name nigeria wil be ceased from existing. Lets Gods wil be done in this country nigeria. Also bear in mind, that the world is coming to an end. Repeant from your evil way!!!

Calabar February 17, 2012 at 5:05 am
All the noise the Igbo make, they can’t even go back to Igbo land. Noise, Noise, Noise. Shame, Shame, Shame. Where is MASSOB?

tsaga rana February 17, 2012 at 5:58 am
the reason igbos are not relocating to their land is robbery. Unnecessary conflict between communities. Kidnapping and so’on. Carnibalism is part of igbos agenda! Look at what happened recently because one benue (christian police) kill an igbo you start killing hausas why? Had it been we are foolish like you we should have retaliate

Ojukwu February 17, 2012 at 8:01 am
tsaga or whatever your name is, i feel so sorry for you based on your shallow reasoning. Am sure you are from Benue state that’s why you are in support police killing an innocent driver cos of N20 bribe. Don’t want to join issues with you here but be informed that if anything happens to the entity called Nigeria today those islamic vampires will feed your flesh to the vultures. A word is enough for the wise.

tsaga rana February 17, 2012 at 6:04 am
your actions against hausas and entire northerners are always covered by these biased medias. We know truely what is happening when time to take actions against you come you wil see.

Nasir February 17, 2012 at 6:13 am
Ndigbo you should go back to south-East not south-south. Is shemfull….

igb sunday February 17, 2012 at 6:23 am
why are the igbos runing away from home, were are d governors, when will igbo people unite as one. May GOD help every one of u out there in calabar

isdor February 17, 2012 at 6:24 am
When are we going to learn. Instead of attacking the issue, we are attacking ourselves. This entity called Nigeria, where her different ethnic groups protect their different interest is a mistake.

TOSIN February 17, 2012 at 6:40 am
I wonder what Nigeria has turn to…. Assuming this is happening in USA, Am very sure they will hav come out with better plan to stop boko haram…, Secondly our Govt. Think abt their self…. Not abt we Nigerians…. After the removal of subsidy of about 4.2billion… And govt. What to collect loan from world bank… And other 2 bank in d wrld inculding china bank…. Can they account and tell us wat they use the fees on fuel subsidy for…. There are over 130millions of Nigerians suffering… Why only few are enjoying, In dis country.,. Kudos to the new acting genral of police… Within few week, Nigerians see ur handwork, Keep work.

Okey dyke February 17, 2012 at 6:40 am
Am serving the living God and i strongly believe on what he can do, from history when he want to liberate people of Israel from the hand of there persecutors that’s how is started. Igbos rejoice we have a strong God. The blood of those innocent igbos they shed at north will keep making that land uncomfortable to stay.

Nasir jagun February 17, 2012 at 6:51 am
Brothers and sisters, i want to pass some words of allah to those who beleive him.GOD says in the holy Quran:do no die except you are muslim

Nasir jagun February 17, 2012 at 6:54 am
Do you know that God proposes while man disposes

Seun February 17, 2012 at 6:57 am
After Igbos leave the north,they should chase away northerners from the south.What is good for the goose is good for the gander

monday February 17, 2012 at 7:21 am
igbo should try and learn hw to live in there land rather than going to other ppl land and the same problem they are facing continues.

Black Gold February 17, 2012 at 7:28 am
Igbos too like money… Chai!!! everywhere u go see Igbo… Under water you will find igbo looking for money, lol

Ojukwu February 17, 2012 at 7:53 am
Am sure you hate money, and what you hate you can’t get. Don’t know when it has become a crime to be industrious, that is the nature of Igbo man, you can’t change.

dotia jamiu February 17, 2012 at 7:44 am
new age upon us and yet the past refuse to buried in it shalow grave b4 any change must occure truth must interven in a situation wea wif bin ful by our government n d cooperate media news how do we expect a change? …………. We stil they hope 4 best bah

mustapha s. February 17, 2012 at 7:45 am
Simple your comment was bad and l implore you to go back to your territorial biafra state after all, that is your father’s land or you are not worthy to do business in your state again or why are you moving to calabar? l even wonder what type of blessing and development did you bring to that region? l tell you, your people only left problems and confusions there. therefore think before you write o.k,

(1) (Reply)

Ijaw Companies In Delta State Less 30, Yoruba Companies In Delta State Over 1000 / Boko Haram Claims Thisday Bombings And Says Punch, Vanguard, Daily Trust And VOA / Army’ll Resist Move To Divide Nigeria – Ihejirika

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.