Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

I Think Messi Is Overrated - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Think Messi Is Overrated (7396 Views)

Do You Really Think Messi N Co's Absence Influenced Nigeria's Victory Against Argentina / Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by shedan: 4:49pm On Apr 19, 2009
What am I reading here? That Messi has to play in the EPL before he can be seen as the best or among the best players? How many world players of the year played in the EPL before being crowned the title? And how many of the EPL players have won the coveted award?

Think of Messi in Arsenal, the team will be difficult to handle

Messi is not overrated. Get your facts straight and stop ranting here. Anelka was very good in the EPL, he moved to Real Madrid and what did we see? Reyes was dazzling in the EPL, he went to Spain what happened to him? Beckham, too? Henry at Arsenal is a different player than he is at Barcelona, so do not think the EPL is the best and players have to play there to justify that they indeed are the best

Messi is the best now in the world so do not sit in your parochial room and think he is not

2 Likes

Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by honeric01(m): 5:25pm On Apr 19, 2009
All these bullshit that you must play in the EPL before you are regarded as good is too stupid to be true. you guys must be drunk with kick and follow football that you get so blind to what football is all about. If English football is that good, they should have won the world cup 10 times, champions league 30 times, euro cup 30 times, uefa cup 50 times and all the fifa player of the year and Ballon' should have been won by players from the EPL, i get so sick listening to these set of people.
some of these people can't even name the full squad of the teams they support, silly things,

Messi is Good and play one of the most entertaining football you can ever watch, strong, does that nag like most players do, does not misbehave, have not been caught in a bad habit and he's just good in and out of the pitch.

HE IS HARDLY NOT GIVEN ANY SECURITY FROM THE REFEREES LIKE SOME GET IN THEIR VARIOUS LEAGUE,

1 Like

Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by Isiterere(m): 6:06pm On Jan 21, 2019
This thread was full of the most assemblage of idiotic people ever on any forum in the whole universe.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by Corrosiveman(m): 7:06pm On Jan 21, 2019
Lmao
Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by FlackoJodye: 10:01pm On Jan 21, 2019
Isiterere:
This thread was full of the most assemblage of idiotic people ever on any forum in the whole universe.
chai this was how people wher tabling the Messi and cr7 matter 2007 when I started watching my first football match chai life has changed a lot under 12 years both Ronaldo and Messi proved the Op of this thread wrong and cemented they spot ass the greatest players of all time chai life

4 Likes

Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by Ozkar: 8:52am On Jan 22, 2019
Isiterere:
hahaha... Agreed grin

1 Like

Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by peterd53(m): 9:09am On Jan 22, 2019
Chai! See how time flies. Messi really is the best of all time

4 Likes

Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by DSHADOWWALKER: 11:54pm On Aug 11, 2019
nightrider:

I think lionel messi is over rated. i'm a barca fan but i've seen things like this before.
he reminds me of saviola. Saviola scored 11 goals in fifa under 21 world cup and was the toast of barca.
when he was at barca , the press said he was the new maradona.

also ariel ortega to had the same impact.

i think messi is a fantastic player but not the world great every one makes him out to be.

its been 13years,i am sure u will regret ever saying this grin
Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by simiife: 12:49am On Aug 12, 2019
I'm sure there is no need for arguments again
Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by nelsonebby(m): 7:08am On Aug 12, 2019
The rest is history grin
Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by RHAPSODYIDRIS(m): 9:02am On Aug 12, 2019
Wawu... 13 Years ago.. What a thread..
Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by gibzzhd: 9:34am On Aug 12, 2019
2006?
well my Arsenal lost the UCL finals in Paris.
I remembered my sacrifice to see that game which ended me in tears with my good friend then Nnamdi in Mbauku Unizik pre degree campus.Wonder where he would be now.......
Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by oxladexo(m): 10:21am On Aug 02, 2021
Hehe
Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by Haylel: 8:23pm On Aug 11, 2021
This ought to grace front page.
Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by Kenneth10110(m): 2:22am On Aug 12, 2021
Haylel:
This ought to grace front page.

Messi has proved doubters wrong over the years...
Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by sotall(m): 2:25am On Aug 12, 2021
Wow!
The doubters finally got wowed! grin

1 Like

Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by MJBOLT: 10:10am On Aug 12, 2021
This thread didn't age well grin

4 Likes

Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by hahn(m): 10:36am On Aug 12, 2021
nightrider:

I think lionel messi is over rated. i'm a barca fan but i've seen things like this before.
he reminds me of saviola. Saviola scored 11 goals in fifa under 21 world cup and was the toast of barca.

i think messi is a fantastic player but not the world great every one makes him out to be.

What do you have to say now?

3 Likes

Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by uthlaw: 12:42pm On Aug 12, 2021
nightrider:

very true because his name is what is trending globally now....that what make you too,to have something to say!
Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by Lucasinho(m): 6:24am On Aug 14, 2021
uthlaw:
very true because his name is what is trending globally now....that what make you too,to have something to say!

Have you resolve the access Denied during FRsc registration?
Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by uthlaw: 6:55am On Aug 14, 2021
Lucasinho:

Have you resolve the access Denied during FRsc registration?
yes bro.... thanks for concern!

1 Like

Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by saucerence(m): 8:37am On Aug 14, 2021
Please how did you do it
uthlaw:
yes bro.... thanks for concern!
Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by Raydos: 11:22am On Aug 14, 2021
CrudeOil2:
Yes, I think he is a bit overrated. Messi cant score freekicks

This life is so unpredictable

Few years later, Messi is now the best free kick taker in the world right now!!

6 Likes

Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by uthlaw: 12:19pm On Aug 14, 2021
saucerence:
Please how did you do it
I use another email and I write my name's wrongly,but make sure the position and date of birth are correct.once you pass true that stage,you correct it back!
Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by kenzysmith: 12:25pm On Aug 14, 2021
hahn:

What so you have to say now?
u sure say d guy still dey life?
Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by JimloveTM(m): 1:52pm On Aug 14, 2021
@lalasticlala. This has aged well. Front page please grin
Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by ThierryJay: 2:42pm On Aug 14, 2021
Wow wow, 15 years old thread. This feels like time travel into the past. If the OP had only known how wrong he'd turn out eventually. Now Saviola cannot even lace Messi's boots!

Meanwhile, the only revelation I see from this thread is that Honorable Akin Alabi, owner of nairabet used to be an active nairalander. Baba don grow levels pass Nairaland now.

3 Likes

Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by danuzochukwu: 4:32pm On Aug 14, 2021
This life and future is truly very hard to predict.
Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by jodpoundz(m): 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2021
honeric01:
All these bullshit that you must play in the EPL before you are regarded as good is too stupid to be true. you guys must be drunk with kick and follow football that you get so blind to what football is all about. If English football is that good, they should have won the world cup 10 times, champions league 30 times, euro cup 30 times, uefa cup 50 times and all the fifa player of the year and Ballon' should have been won by players from the EPL, i get so sick listening to these set of people.
some of these people can't even name the full squad of the teams they support, silly things,

Messi is Good and play one of the most entertaining football you can ever watch, strong, does that nag like most players do, does not misbehave, have not been caught in a bad habit and he's just good in and out of the pitch.

HE IS HARDLY NOT GIVEN ANY SECURITY FROM THE REFEREES LIKE SOME GET IN THEIR VARIOUS LEAGUE,
So e don tey way them dey argue about epl being overrated, can you imagine "2009"
Re: I Think Messi Is Overrated by Austeeenxx: 6:49pm On Aug 14, 2021
pie1ect:
@ nightrider
I beg to disagree. Messi seems to have a better attitude than all those players you mentioned.

Another thing that's going for him is the fact that he doesn't have to adjust to European football. He started his professional career here so he shouldn't have that problem.

With such talents as Ronaldinho, Eto'o Deco and Xavi around him and a man like Rijkaard, I think he can only become a better player.

I may be pushing the issue, but I sincerely believe that if Argentina are going to make any kind of impact in this coming world cup, Messi will be the key. Even the Argentina players themselves are beginning to believe.

If you watch their last game (friendly with some team), their most penetrating attacks all came through Messi's Wing and it was no surprise he created one goal and scored another himself. And that was only his first full match for the senior nat. team.

I sincerely believe he's a special kid and deserves all the hype he's getting. It takes someone special to bench players like Giuly and Larsson on a constant basis.

Wow! the man who saw tomorrow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy / Yobo In The Synagogue / I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.