Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,448 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. (8566 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / See What A Lady Posted About Husbands & Wife Battery: Women Do You Agree? / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by slimyem: 9:26pm On Feb 19, 2012
Was having a talk with my bf and he mentioned he wouldnt mind having his family staying away from him when he has one.
What kind of reasoning is that?
I used to believe that men who dont stay full time with their family didnt by choice.
And i would never agree to have my husband stay away from me except its totally beyond us.
Weekend husbands in the house,how do you work it?
Are your wives comfortable with it?
Dont your children mind that they only get to see their father two/three times in a week?
How do you manage fidelity with this arrangement?
Wifes with weekend husband,sthe above questions are yours too!
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by agiboma(f): 10:37pm On Feb 19, 2012
sounds kinda fishy to me shocked
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 19, 2012
sounds fishy. Why does he not want to be with you during the week? I cant imagine living away from my family.
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by moremi2008(m): 12:01am On Feb 20, 2012
Sounds like the perfect arrangement to me! Party/work during the week; and family & church on the weekends. Rinse and repeat! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 20, 2012
moremi2008:

Sounds like the perfect arrangement to me! Party/work during the week; and family & church on the weekends. Rinse and repeat! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

boring.
1. Your wife shld be ur partner not a weekend roomie
2. Would you be ok being apart from your babies that long? I cant.
3. S[i]e[/i]x is a must every night. grin

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by moremi2008(m): 1:42am On Feb 20, 2012
davidylan:

boring.

Abeg! I never get pikin, until I do, I won't know how it feels like being away from the kids. Staying out-of-town during the week does not preclude nightly sex oh! grin
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by Nobody: 1:58am On Feb 20, 2012
moremi2008:

Abeg! I never get pikin, until I do, I won't know how it feels like being away from the kids. [b]Staying out-of-town during the week does not preclude nightly sex [/b]oh! grin

that is in the event that away matches are allowed. grin
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by queensmith: 4:30am On Feb 20, 2012
Its funny my boyfriend is the opposite and made it very clear that if work were to part us for more than 6 months then we shouldnt bother continuing,
If work takes you away for the week then sure, what if he was in the army? Or if he was a pilot or an aircraft attendant? Certain jobs don't allow for the parents to be around much so it makes sense there.
otherwise the dude probably wont even have a choice and is just running his mouth? Hows he gonna live like a divorced man paying alimony? Hows he gonna afford it?
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by moremi2008(m): 8:39am On Feb 20, 2012
queensmith:

Its funny my boyfriend is the opposite and made it very clear that if work were to part us for more than 6 months then we shouldnt bother continuing,
If work takes you away for the week then sure, what if he was in the army? Or if he was a pilot or an aircraft attendant? Certain jobs don't allow for the parents to be around much so it makes sense there.
otherwise the dude probably wont even have a choice and is just running his mouth? Hows he gonna live like a divorced man paying alimony? Hows he gonna afford it?

Ok. But seriously, things happen and given that a decent man's priority is providing for his family, a job might move him away from his family temporarily. It's a difficult situation, sure, but I have seen many families deal with this successfully. The important thing is that it isn't a permanent separation (one year, max) and the couple see each other regularly.
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by slimyem: 11:09am On Feb 20, 2012
agiboma:

sounds kinda fishy to me shocked
davidylan:

sounds fishy.
sounds the same way to me too!
davidylan:

boring.
shocked
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 20, 2012
The economy has made it necessary for some to become weekend husbands. I know a lot of people who live in Abuja and have their families in Nassarawa, Kaduna and Niger State. To start with the cost of renting a house here is armed robbery, dont even get started with the schools. If we were not lucky enough to get one of those houses during the privatisation I know we will never have been able to afford the kind of home we have now and in the area too.
I understand if a man will rather build a house in Kaduna or Nassarawa than pay a landlord 1.5 million every year for a small squeezed 2 bedroom flat while in Niger State his family can get a 3 bedroom spacious house with Boys quarters and playing feild. Let us not be quick to attribute it to cheating abeg.
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 20, 2012
slimyem:

shocked

why does that surprise you? grin Thankfully there are women who are absolutely willing to lay it down sometimes 2ce a day sef. I cant imagine being married to the 3ce a week at best prude.
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by slimyem: 12:52pm On Feb 20, 2012
davidylan:

why does that surprise you?  grin Thankfully there are women who are absolutely willing to lay it down sometimes 2ce a day sef. I cant imagine being married to the 3ce a week at best prude.
lol.i cant imagine being humped 7 days every week for sizeable years of my life but who am i to question what does it for you?to each his/her own.ride on bro!
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 20, 2012
slimyem:

lol.i cant imagine being humped 7 days every week for sizeable years of my life but who am i to question what does it for you?to each his/her own.ride on bro!

try it. Nothing works better to bond a couple together. Infact just thinking about it during the day sef makes you smile uncontrollably. Kai! grin
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 20, 2012
slimyem:

Stop looking at it as some house hold chore like cooking and cleaning, it is not, it is to me like drinking Ginger tea, cool, sweet and refeshing, the best part of being married i might add
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by slimyem: 2:04pm On Feb 20, 2012
davidylan:

try it. Nothing works better to bond a couple together. Infact just thinking about it during the day sef makes you smile uncontrollably. Kai! grin
debrief08:

Stop looking at it as some house hold chore like cooking and cleaning, it is not, it is to me like drinking Ginger tea, cool, sweet and refeshing, the best part of being married i might add
oh well,will see when i get there.dont make me salivate yet!
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 20, 2012
debrief08:

thank you jare my sister. Best way to relax stressed back muscles if i might add, works great for your ab muscles too. smiley

slimyem:

oh well,will see when i get there.dont make me salivate yet!

when you get there you'll be wondering what took you so long. wink
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 20, 2012
Then don't marry him. Please don't marry a man because of what he drives but what drives him. lipsrsealed
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by DisGuy: 3:17pm On Feb 20, 2012
OMG i was just thinking of this over the weekend!!

Not that i would run away or live in another town but i can live next door or some streets away grin

Oh i was also wonder if it would be okay, if i can have a room to myself, i prefer sleeping on the bed alone,
i dont like someone breathing in my face or hair touch my face embarassed
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by slimyem: 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2012
^then what's the whole point of getting married in the first place?
Does not idea not defeat the purpose of marriage?
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by IbroSaunks(m): 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2012
well it isn't unusual to me, and in a way it sounds like something i can do, even though i doubt i could actually tell her that.

It's basically because i really really cherish "me" time. I like being on my own for some time, to think and just do stuff. It's when im alone that i'm more productive.
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 20, 2012
@OP
i think it all depends on the individuals at hand. "some" women are a PAIN IN THE ASS with the nagging/biatching/arguing etc, so rather than divorce, i think that would be the easiest way to see as little of her as possible.

also, who are we kidding?! many marry for the wrong reasons and therefore get tired of their spouse from DAY ONE!

not forgetting that some men love their partner/kids to death but deep down that person is independent/lone-ranger at heart, and the best lifestyle set up for them is: family life in very small dosage.

as for the ones who cant tame the tiger in their pants, then thats the best set up to let it "roam freely" during the week!
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 20, 2012
Dis Guy:

OMG i was just thinking of this over the weekend!!

Not that i would run away or live in another town but i can live next door or some streets away  grin

Oh i was also wonder if it would be okay, if i can have a room to myself, i prefer sleeping on the bed alone,
i dont like someone breathing in my face or hair touch my face  embarassed

Its little "annoying" things like this that makes a marriage . . . why would you dislike it? If you cant stand the little idiosyncrasies of your spouse then you shouldnt marry her.
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by DisGuy: 3:55pm On Feb 20, 2012
slimyem:

^then what's the whole point of getting married in the first place?
Does not idea not defeat the purpose of marriage?

well i suppose, just toying with the idea, knowing i can be a moody cow sometimes,so its for her own good really  grin
the whole point of getting married is not necessarily to live under the same roof, its to love someone and care for each other
[size=4pt]and in the nigerian context to have someone cook your meals n wash after you  [/size] grin grin
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by yme1(f): 3:57pm On Feb 20, 2012
davidylan:

boring.
Every what? shocked shocked She faints
In this case your wife will opt to the weekend husband thingy grin
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by yme1(f): 4:05pm On Feb 20, 2012
@OP
Nah I don't think I can stand my husband being around just on weekends except there are concrete reasons why he should be away during the week
But on the other hand it could be of use if you want to increase the sex flame in the relationship
There is something special about couples staying away from each other for some period of time then rekindle it with hot s*x grin
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by DisGuy: 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2012
davidylan:

Its little "annoying" things like this that makes a marriage . . . why would you dislike it? If you cant stand the little idiosyncrasies of your spouse then you shouldnt marry her.

it's not that i cant stand it, its just one of those very minute things that doesnt really matter but you'd prefer not to happen- i feel like im suffocatingi guess i will have to get two double bed joined together cool
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by atasteve: 4:15pm On Feb 20, 2012
@ Poster, If he wasn't joking then you might need to consider some other important questions like "how much is he committed to you and the relationship?",

"Are you the only lady in his life, now or in future?"

Naturally, every passionate man will do everything possible to be with their families.
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 20, 2012
y me:

Every what? shocked shocked She faints
In this case your wife will opt to the weekend husband thingy grin

huh? grin You're missing out a lot.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 20, 2012
y me:

@OP
Nah I don't think I can stand my husband being around just on weekends except there are concrete reasons why he should be away during the week
But on the other hand it could be of use if you want to increase the sex flame in the relationship
There is something special about couples staying away from each other for some period of time then rekindle it with hot s*x grin

dont really agree with this. The flame diminishes because you want it to. Men should learn how to give their women super satisfaction, your woman will never leave your pants alone trust me. wink
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 20, 2012
slimyem:

Was having a talk with my bf and he mentioned he wouldnt mind having his family staying away from him when he has one.
What kind of reasoning is that?
I used to believe that men who dont stay full time with their family didnt by choice.
And i would never agree to have my husband stay away from me except its totally beyond us.
Weekend husbands in the house,how do you work it?
Are your wives comfortable with it?
Dont your children mind that they only get to see their father two/three times in a week?
How do you manage fidelity with this arrangement?
Wifes with weekend husband,sthe above questions are yours too!

Na wa oh!

I guess he wants to get married but doesnt want the responsibility that comes with constantly taking care of a family.

HE is irresponsible! undecided
Re: Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. by ojubi(m): 4:45pm On Feb 20, 2012
I work in an oil rig with many guys (husbands).
It is suppose to be 2 weeks in, 2 weeks out.
But sometimes u can be there for about one month without seeing your family.
Good wifes understand, cos one must place food on the table amongst other things.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband And Family Don't Like Each Other / Wife Leaving Husband Because He's 'too Good' / I Am So Pissed Off At My Wife And Father In Law.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.