Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon (5581 Views)

Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? / Victor Oladipo: The Best Nigerian Basketball Prodigy Since Hakeem Olajuwon / Jeremy Lin Mathematics. Very Funny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by igbaodun: 12:50am On Feb 20, 2012
I think Lin is the better player. Adorable too?

What say you?
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by isalegan2: 12:56am On Feb 20, 2012
- -
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by ektbear: 1:15am On Feb 20, 2012
lmao.

Hakeem is a top 10 player of all time.

Jeremy Lin is a pretty good guard, but let's not start comparing him to hall of famers yet.

Can he at least make an all-star game or all-nba team first before you compare? grin
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by ektbear: 1:15am On Feb 20, 2012
Comparison like this is disrespectful or stupid, basically
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by courage89(m): 3:34am On Feb 20, 2012
Common people, the guy is just a marketing strategy for the Nicks and people should see the situation for what it is. I think the guy is being over hyped to gain the attention and the funds of Asian customers. It looks like the strategy is paying off big time. I would not be surprise if our marketing academical world write a case just for this. Can you imagine the gains of this strategy alone; seat price increase by 25%, turn out increase by more than 25% for every home game, Jeremy Lin's jersey sale top NBA jersey sales.

All in all, nice strategy and result. People should not make the mistake of comparing a one hit wonder with all time favorite. "How can we compare death with sleep" They don't go together at all.   

Hakeem all the way
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by DuduNegro: 3:40am On Feb 20, 2012
. . . lmao, you are like comparing Beckham to Pele or Maradona and tying to see who between the two is best soccer player of all time. Pele and Maradona are out of Beckham's league. . . so is Olajuwon in comparison to Lin.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by isalegan2: 4:16am On Feb 20, 2012
I wish the guy well; don't get me wrong.  Everyone loves an underdog story, as do I.  And, let's face it, the NBA has gone down dramatically the last few years.  Most Americans would rather watch March Madness college basketball than the NBA.  So, anything they can do to generate interest, lots o' luck to them! 

Negro, bros, you ever gonna get your old moniker back? grin
BTW, I meant what I said about finding an alternative site o. Seun is getting too big for his britches. angry Probably always was. wink
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by DuduNegro: 4:43am On Feb 20, 2012
Yes, I got it back. . . .Im keeping it in reserve and away from disrespect by Seun. I cant tolerate him restricting Negro_Ntns just at a whim for no reason. He can restrict Dudu all he wants if he fancies doing that. grin I frequent some Hausa forums now and couple of other political hot spots across the globe but if you recommend any other Nigerian forum I will follow you.

How have u been anyway?
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by BlackPikiN(m): 5:16am On Feb 20, 2012
courage89:

Common people, the guy is just a[b] marketing strategy for the Nicks [/b]and people should see the situation for what it is. I think the guy is being over hyped to gain the attention and the funds of Asian customers. It looks like the strategy is paying off big time. I would not be surprise if our marketing academical world write a case just for this. Can you imagine the gains of this strategy alone; seat price increase by 25%, turn out increase by more than 25% for every home game, Jeremy Lin's jersey sale top NBA jersey sales.

All in all, nice strategy and result. People should not make the mistake of comparing a one hit wonder with all time favorite. "How can we compare death with sleep" They don't go together at all.   

Hakeem all the way

See conspiracy.
Did you watch today's game?
Linsanity is no f0rking fluke. He's good.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by ektbear: 5:18am On Feb 20, 2012
He is good, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

If you are saying he has potential to be better than Olajuwon, then you are saying he has the potential to be one of the top 10 best players of all time.

Which is a very, very bold statement.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by ektbear: 5:19am On Feb 20, 2012
Let's put it this way.

If the Knicks were offered Lin for Paul, Rose or Westbrook straight up, even 38 year old Nash, they'd do it.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by ektbear: 5:20am On Feb 20, 2012
They might even do Lin for Rondo.

Rondo's peak play is higher than anything Lin has done so far, imo
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by BlackPikiN(m): 5:28am On Feb 20, 2012
^^^^
Notable Point Guards 1st 8 NBA Starts

Points          Assists
Jeremy Lin 200                  76
Isiah Thomas 184                   51
Magic Johnson 147                  57
John Stockton 80                  82

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/37261/lin-makes-the-difference-for-the-knicks

Abeg, Dnt get me wrong.
Hakeem Olajuwon too na star but Jeremy Lin's game is so different from the normal
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by igbaodun: 5:29am On Feb 20, 2012
BTW, Olajuwon is not one of the top 10 best players of all time. Top 100? Maybe! But top 10/50? Hellz no.

Lin would most likely make NBA history in ways Olajuwon could never have dreamt of. He is Asian and from Harvard for godssake.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by courage89(m): 5:34am On Feb 20, 2012
BlackPikiN:

See conspiracy.
Did you watch today's game?
Linsanity is no f0rking fluke. He's good.

Yes, i watched the game. Jeremy Lin is still living up to the hype.
The man is good, no doubt. The question is, He's the guy worth all the hype and attention?
Would the Nicks feature Lin and make him "face of New York Nicks" based on his antecedents alone, when they have other notable players that can easily take that spot. I doubt that. They are doing so because of their strategy. Its a business decision.

Let me use this analogy. Lets pretend you're being touted as the next president of the US, and you have the backing of the power brokers. Would you not perform with all the resources at your disposal? And even if your performance fall short of expectation, would you expect the power brokers to sing praises of you or fault you openly? Keep in mind, any attempt to castigate you and your effort would also hunt their decision making capabilities.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by stayreal: 5:35am On Feb 20, 2012
igbaodun:

BTW, Olajuwon is not one of the top 10 best players of all time. Top 100? Maybe! But top 10/50? Hellz no.

Lin would most likely make NBA history in ways Olajuwon could never have dreamt of.

Most basketball experts put Hakeem in the top 10. In fact, last week some experts on ESPN put together their top 10 players all time list and most had Hakeem on their list. I think only one did not have him in the top 10.

Another thing is Jeremy Lin has not even played enough games, so slow down with comparing to a legend like Hakeem. That is insulting.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by ektbear: 5:39am On Feb 20, 2012
Nothing wrong with the Knicks strategy.

There are what, 1.4 billion Chinese people on earth?

May as well capture as much of their growing spending power as possible.

If Jeremy Lin helps you do that, by all means take advantage.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by naptu2: 5:59am On Feb 20, 2012
please first read this,
http://www.koreaboo.com/index.html/_/general/girls-generation-and-chocolat-songwriter-r13187

Mayweather pointed out that the "linsanity" is due to lin being asian neer once discrediting the mans ability but pointing out the media sensationalism is race based.

This girl went of the deep end and went against the whole black race calling for genocide of the whole species.

sign this petition and have her blacklisted from the entertainment industry

https://www.change.org/petitions/korean-and-international-entertainment-companies-blacklist-jenny-hyun

pls pass on the petition to those you know who would be willing to sign.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by ektbear: 6:10am On Feb 20, 2012
igbaodun:

Lin would most likely make NBA history in ways Olajuwon could never have dreamt of. He is Asian and from Harvard for godssake.

You don't understand basketball.

Name 10 players better than him in NBA history.

How many players have won 2 rings without a single other top 50 players in HISTORY?

Nobody!
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by ektbear: 6:12am On Feb 20, 2012
BlackPikiN:

^^^^
Notable Point Guards 1st 8 NBA Starts

Points          Assists
Jeremy Lin 200                  76
Isiah Thomas 184                   51
Magic Johnson 147                  57
John Stockton 80                  82

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/37261/lin-makes-the-difference-for-the-knicks

Abeg, Dnt get me wrong.
Hakeem Olajuwon too na star but Jeremy Lin's game is so different from the normal

If the Celtics call up the Knicks asking to trade Rondo for Lin, and pretending salaries matched, do you think that the Knicks would say no?

Let alone Paul, Rose, or Westbrook.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by BlackPikiN(m): 6:16am On Feb 20, 2012
naptu2:

please first read this, 
http://www.koreaboo.com/index.html/_/general/girls-generation-and-chocolat-songwriter-r13187

Mayweather pointed out that the "linsanity" is due to lin being asian neer once discrediting the mans ability but pointing out the media sensationalism is race based.

This girl went of the deep end and went against the whole black race calling for genocide of the whole species.

sign this petition and have her blacklisted from the entertainment industry

https://www.change.org/petitions/korean-and-international-entertainment-companies-blacklist-jenny-hyun

pls pass on the petition to those you know who would be willing to sign.

Damn! that was real hate.

That one no reach NL hate. lol
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by BlackPikiN(m): 6:25am On Feb 20, 2012
Anyways,

I went to a Chinese food joint and said Lin was my favorite ball player and they gave me 65% off everything.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 20, 2012
This post should be moved to the "stupid and idiotic" post section - comparing Lin to Hakeem Olajuwon, equals comparing Yao Ming to Kareem or Shaq (and that's being generous), Lin is not even top 50 in the NBA right now,

Some of you just post dumb topics for the sake of it, phuck off.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by Ibomade1: 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2012
It's way too early to start compairing Lin to The Dream
but the boy got game.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by KayDee4: 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2012
'Linsanity' is still in his early days, too early for comparisons. But he looks like he's gonna make it to the heights.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by TomFord: 3:37pm On Feb 20, 2012
Never heard of lin prior to this post but hakeem ha ha,one of the best.As stated earlier the N.B.A has lost its appeal.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 20, 2012
Lin is good no doubt but far from great - 53 turnovers in 9games is a NO NO.

The hype is making some of you make ignorant comments - comparing him to Hakeem Olajuwon is stupid. Lin is not even top5 PG in the league.

Hakeem Olajuwon is arguably the greatest center that ever played in the NBA - Hakeem Olajuwon dominated all the HOF(hall of fame) centers he played against from Shaq, Patrick Ewing, Karl Marlone to David Robinson - even Michael Jordan called him the best center that ever played in the league,

DON'T EVER COMPARE HAKEEM OLAJUWON TO LIN - YOU DESERVE TO SLAPPED TO THIS STUPID POST,

And I don't even like Hakeem because he has never done anything for Nigeria - despite being Nigerian and he also sounds Nigerian,
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 20, 2012
This is ridiculous.
How can a johnny-come-lately (a good one at that,I must admit) be compared with a hall-of-famer and NBA top 50 player f all time?
The comparison isn't even sensible:
Hakeem is a center,Lin a point guard.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by jspac(m): 4:27pm On Feb 20, 2012
I'm champion at beer pong Allen Iverson, Hakeem Olajuwon.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by jspac(m): 4:27pm On Feb 20, 2012
I'm champion at beer pong
Allen Iverson, Hakeem Olajuwon.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by bigsean(m): 4:31pm On Feb 20, 2012
which kind post be this now?
Lin and Akeem, seriously bro?
they are not in the same level for any reason and there names should never mention in the same sentence!
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by jaybee3(m): 4:32pm On Feb 20, 2012
Shocked
Annoyed
Taking liberties cos of freedom of speech ain't u now?

(1) (2) (Reply)

NPFL: Warri Wolves Vs Dolphins (1 - 0) On 16th August 2015 / Torres Left His Iron Rod Gift At Airport / What Hope For Nigeria’s Sports Under Dalung?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.