Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,981 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States (5283 Views)

Cybercrime: Doing This On The Internet Can Send You To Prison – NCC / NCC Launches Call Centre For Reporting Fradulent Activities By our Telecoms / NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States by mukina2: 12:07pm On Feb 22, 2012
Abuja — Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC, Tuesday announced completion of Emergency Call Centres, ECC, in about 22 states of the federation.

Executive Vice Chairman of the commission, Dr Eugene Juwah, told journalists in Abuja, yesterday, that the emergency call centres would help in tackling some of the security challenges currently facing the nation.

The project is a Federal Government's ongoing initiative aimed at producing a three-digit emergency code numbers.

Juwah said at completion, emergency response will be quicker, as the system will make it possible for Nigerians, irrespective of location, to call for assistance and receive same in record time.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201202220701.html
Re: Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States by TippyTop(m): 12:14pm On Feb 22, 2012
This topic will recieve little or no attention. Nigerians hate good news and progress.
Re: Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States by chuks49(m): 12:14pm On Feb 22, 2012
Anoda story again.
Re: Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States by werepeLeri: 12:19pm On Feb 22, 2012
chuks49:

Anoda story again.

Where is your own story?

I worked on this project and I have seen all the locations nationwide, and I can tell you, this is true.
Re: Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States by chuks49(m): 12:25pm On Feb 22, 2012
@werepeLeri: u don collect ur share. Why won't u defend ur Ogas. Uncle Tom
Re: Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States by GWslim(f): 12:31pm On Feb 22, 2012
This is good and very important for emergency cases of medical needs and security alertness.
Re: Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States by indoorlove(m): 12:33pm On Feb 22, 2012
Neccessary step in the right direction, but can we maintain it, poor mainteinance culture has been the problem of naija  right 4rm time.
Re: Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States by Ray1251(m): 1:11pm On Feb 22, 2012
Pls can u mention the states
Re: Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States by dagboss(m): 1:13pm On Feb 22, 2012
If true we then have to work on the organisations that will respond to distress calls made to those centres so that Police will not say they have only one patrol van, and it has no fuel. Or fire brigade will not say we do not have water in their fire truck or the ambulance service giving one excuse or the other. It is then we can start shouting uhuru
Re: Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 22, 2012
Which states?

If my state is not on the list, it no dey matter.
Re: Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States by werepeLeri: 1:45pm On Feb 22, 2012
chuks49:

@werepeLeri: u don collect ur share. Why won't u defend ur Ogas. Uncle Tom

I am sure there is a loose nut in your brain.
Re: Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States by ekpriobong(m): 2:29pm On Feb 22, 2012
Would the calls be free?
Re: Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States by blank(f): 2:54pm On Feb 22, 2012
What are d nos or are they imaginary call centers?
Re: Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States by DisGuy: 3:09pm On Feb 22, 2012
blank:

What are d nos or are they imaginary call centers?

no, they are for ministers and senators only grin

where are the ambulances anyway?
Re: Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States by Okijajuju1(m): 3:24pm On Feb 22, 2012
Singing Tufaces song. . .

E be like say them want to tell me, another story again o!!

E be like say them want to do, another decieving again. . .

Galala na the new dance. . . Again o!!

First thing first, let me say a big. . . STEP IN TH ERIGHT DIRECTION to Jonathan. . .

Now, its one thing to have a call center, its another thing for that call center to have access to the emergency services. . .

- How many ambulances are presently fully functional in Nigeria?!

- How trained are the Ambulance attendants?! (abi, una never see where ambulance attendants deliver woman of baby?! Stabilize a victim, even puncture their throat to clear their air way?!) Who trained them and how well?!

- How many of these Ambulances have radios?! Thats walkie talkies?! Abi is the call center where we call to gossip an emergency?!

- How many fire Stations do we have in Nigeria?! Atleast localize to any neighbourhood?! The one in Port-harcourt looks like its even burnt. . .

- How many fire trucks do they have, how equipped are they, how trained are they and do they have radios on which the call center people can reach them?!

- Lets not even talk about the police. . . .
Re: Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States by abohrandy: 4:48pm On Feb 22, 2012
see as they go dey jonze dis call centers now!!!!
Re: Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States by saska1122: 10:05pm On Feb 22, 2012
Good concept!! But let them finish it before blowing their trumpet else it becomes one of the many "We will, , When completed" that never get completed.

Hoping that whenever it gets implemented, it will not be only for the elites or be asking us to pay for fuel or file. I wish it can be properly planed and executed to safe lives.
Re: Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States by johnsonpal: 5:18am On Feb 23, 2012
Laudable project i will say,111 will be perfect for a distress number similar to america's 911
Re: Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States by naptu2: 8:31am On Feb 23, 2012
Good idea, but I'll suggest that they integrate it with the state emergency services.

Back in the 1980s we had the 199 emergency number system, but it collapsed with the death of nitel and proliferation of telecommunications companies.

In a state like Lagos, they need to integrate the system with LASAMBUS (ambulance services), RRS (police) and Lagos State Fire Service.
Re: Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States by Emeka72(m): 10:49am On Feb 23, 2012
So what's the call center for Lagos¿

(1) (Reply)

Which Other Launchers Can Arrange Apps Like This? / How To Configure Internet Settings On Palm Treo 750 / New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.