Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,613 members, 7,820,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? (1773 Views)

Muslims, Is This True? / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / Catholics And Confession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by Scopium: 1:34pm On Oct 22, 2007
I've often wondered why the striking similarities between catholics and muslims. For instance they both use chaplets, are strongly bonded together and they have dedicated classes for teaching their children up to adulthood. Hmm beats me. Is there any link between the two?
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by cgift(m): 3:52pm On Oct 22, 2007
Scopium:

I've often wondered why the striking similarities between catholics and muslims. For instance they both use chaplets, are strongly bonded together and they have dedicated classes for teaching their children up to adulthood. Hmm beats me. Is there any link between the two?

Similarities plenty die! You wan try? Yo neva "hear say" Catholic monk bin train MO? grin
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by Scopium: 4:22pm On Oct 22, 2007
Oh No! you just let the bag out of the cat. Oops ma bad, did I say it wrong?
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by pilgrim1(f): 4:46pm On Oct 22, 2007
Scopium:

Strong links - but are many times denied.
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by Oby1(f): 2:52pm On Oct 23, 2007
Unless una two never see where catholic is been mentioned.
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by pilgrim1(f): 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2007
Oby1:

See me see wahala! cheesy Wetin you find come here in the first place? grin
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by cgift(m): 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2007
Oby1:

e be like say you self dey use google find where our posts dey abi? grin
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by Oby1(f): 5:13pm On Oct 23, 2007
See me see wahala! Wetin you find come here in the first place?

Na una two i find come here, because i no sey una dey here ( if anybody dey find pilgrim and cgift make una check d thread where dem mention catholic)
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by pilgrim1(f): 9:24pm On Oct 23, 2007
Oby1:

( if anybody dey find pilgrim and cgift make una check d thread where them mention catholic)

Hohohehe. .  grin

Shebi I first talk am say na my own I sidon jeje - and the few Catholics wey start wahala no show up again!

Okay, relax. Very soon you no go see me for RCC/V-threads again. grin

*RCC/V - Roman Catholic Church/Vatican
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by Oby1(f): 11:23am On Oct 29, 2007
Make you no go o, because all those Jagons dey help build mine faith as a Catholic i no go lie. Na the truth and the only truth
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by Oby1(f): 11:28am On Oct 29, 2007
@cgift
e be like say you self dey use google find where our posts dey abi?

Just as una two dey use spectacle and google search for Catholic materials
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by pilgrim1(f): 11:31am On Oct 29, 2007
@Oby1,

Oby1:

Make you no go o, because all those Jagons dey help build mine faith as a Catholic i no go lie. Na the truth and the only truth

Take style talk true! grin If your faith is being built up by what you read, would you be calling them "Jargons"?

Oby1:

@cgift
Just as una two dey use google search for Catholic materials

Anybody stop you from using Google to search for truth? grin
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by Oby1(f): 11:45am On Oct 29, 2007
My dear i no go waste my time for unnecessary things when i get so many things on hand to do and even the google cannot gv u the whole truth u want to know.
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by pilgrim1(f): 11:50am On Oct 29, 2007
I didn't urge anyone to seek "the whole truth" from Google. grin

If there's anything in what you have been reading so far that is NOT true as regards what is going on in the Vatican, it would have helped if you shared them with us.
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by Oby1(f): 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2007
If there's anything in what you have been reading so far that is NOT true as regards what is going on in the Vatican,

All you care is what is going on in the Vatican, but what about what is happening in Protestanism?  The fake pastors and contaminated teachings.  You no dey talk about those wans, na Vatican. Abeg spare me.
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by pilgrim1(f): 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2007
Oby1:

All you care is what is going on in the Vatican, but what about what is happening in Protestanism? The fake pastors and contaminated teachings. You no dey talk about those wans, na Vatican.

Lol. . . you have just confirmed by the above that it's only Catholic threads you read or browse through.

An example:

Nature Of Satan And Jesus Went To 'HELL'?

Did you say pilgrim.1 no dey talk about heresies among Protestants? grin

I know - the thing dey pain you for body that's why you dey complain so badly! No vex - but your assumptions were wrong. It s for that same reason I have held on and not posted the more bizzare pronouncements of your Popes - (until some rascal fellow press wrong botton!)

Anyway, don't be unsettled - just seek the Truth of God's WORD, and God will do the rest for you, dear.

Cheers. cheesy
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by Oby1(f): 3:19pm On Oct 29, 2007
My dear you are very free to post whatever you like, is none of my business.
If you don't have time for any other thing except pope, vatican and the catholic church, thats is ur business.

My purpose is to make heaven and if all your purpose is only to argue whatever comes ur way, is left to you.

I have nothing to argue with you for.

If you have more materials you are free as a bird to post.
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by pilgrim1(f): 3:42pm On Oct 29, 2007
Oby1,

Please note:

(a) you can't "make heaven" by living in falsehood. No matter what your popes have told you, unless God's WORD is no longer truth, you might be in for the shock of your eternity.

(b) never assume to make assuming statements that you can't defend: it's a bit of a cover-face when replies are made to make you eat your word.

(c) you may not be able to discuss issue - no worries; it's only a reflection in some of us that we don't know what we can't discuss, and can only go as far as you know.

Shalom. grin
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by Oby1(f): 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2007
thank you
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by doncnn(m): 10:41am On Oct 30, 2007
pilgrim and oby,

wotever u call ursef, its bad at this stage of the world, u guys could still sit and argure over wot people of old who hav all died did, its really bad, im sure like of u will eqaully argure about our present pastors in years to come, since the pastors do not really hav much history as compared to the so called popes who were said to hav done bad thing or the other, all we to do is focus on our own indidvidual salvation, if the popes commited any crime, leave that to God to judge or else, we might find ourselves acting God, and at the same time, i think we all must try to respect all other people's beliefs
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by cgift(m): 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2007
doncnn:

pilgrim and oby,

wotever u call ursef, its bad at this stage of the world, u guys could still sit and argure over wot people of old who hav all died did, its really bad, im sure like of u will eqaully argure about our present pastors in years to come, since the pastors do not really hav much history as compared to the so called popes who were said to hav done bad thing or the other, all we to do is focus on our own indidvidual salvation, if the popes commited any crime, leave that to God to judge or else, we might find ourselves acting God, and at the same time, i think we all must try to respect all other people's beliefs

You if u dont have anything to add, please shut up grin Guess you are one of those who are docile and would take anything bin dished out by your leaders without chcking the facts to help yourself.
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by wwwpastor1: 6:45pm On Oct 31, 2007
Oby1:

Dear Oby1,

Please, be careful about statements such as this: "build mine faith as a Catholic". Denominationalism is mans problem. There is no catholic, anglican, penticostal, apostolic, charismatic, etc denominations in His Presence. Furthermore, there is only one God, one Saviour, one Throne of Grace, one Holy Spirit, one Book of Life, one Body of Christ, one church. One church? Yes: Only those who are saved by Faith in the Christ belong to Him. The Lord Jesus referred to them as "My Sheep". He further states that they know Him and they here His Voice.

When the trumphet sounds, only those whose garments are white as snow will follow Him: those whose robes are washed in the Blood of the Lamb. Denomination is not an issue. Concerning the Catholic doctrines, the truth is that something went wrong during the dark ages, and all manner of "dark" doctrines were introduced.

For example, Our Lord Jesus is the only mediator between God and man. There is no mediator between the Lord Jesus and mankind. He came for sinners, He died for sinners. "As many as recieve Him, to them He gave power to become Gods children". As a result of His death on the cross, we are no longer "banished children of eve". We are not to remain sinners "till the hour of our death", we are to be saved now!

Your allegiance must be to the Lord Jesus and not to any denomination or organisation. It should be to "build your christian faith" and not to "build your catholic faith". Do you know why? Occasions do arise where your denominational faith might clash with true christian faith! Mind you, it is not only the catholic church that have issues like that, but theirs is more pronounced, because they place the church traditions far above the scriptures. Yet, these scriptures are the only lagacies left for us by the Apostles. May the Lord whom you love bless you abundantly!

I care.
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by Oby1(f): 1:43pm On Nov 01, 2007
Thank you Pastor.
Thank God when the trumpet sounds is him (THE ALMIGHTY)who will judge all mankind AND WE ALL AWAITS HIS COMING.

GOD BLESS US ALL

Note: I said MY FAITH as a Catholic. Religion cannot save anyone, but helps to build you up. Book of James 1:27 "What God the Father considers to be pure and genuine religion is this: to take care of orphans and widows in their suffering and to keep oneself from being corrupted by the world

26: Do any of think you are religious? If you do not control your tongue, your religion is worthless and you deceive yourselves.
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by pilgrim1(f): 2:17pm On Nov 01, 2007
Oby1:

26: Do any of think you are religious? If you do not control your tongue, your religion is worthless and you deceive yourselves.

What version of the Bible was that? Or you were just typing things off your head to make it read the way you had imagined?

To control our tongues should not be excuse for telling the truth and exposing falsehood.

Ephesians 5:11 - "And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them."

When we expose falsehood, our tongues are also involved. To remain in falsehood after it has been exposed, is to deceive one's heart!
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by pilgrim1(f): 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2007
@www_pastor,

www_pastor:

Denominationalism is mans problem. There is no catholic, anglican, penticostal, apostolic, charismatic, etc denominations in His Presence. Furthermore, there is only one God, one Saviour, one Throne of Grace, one Holy Spirit, one Book of Life, one Body of Christ, one church.

Abeg help me tell them - becaue if na pilgrim.1 yan them now, they will begin to duck for cover!

There is only ONE Saviour - His Name is not Mary! The fallacy of making Mary the SAVIOR of the people of Rome is a huge bane to innocent souls.

The ONLY Saviour of the WORLD (including Rome) is Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God!! grin
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 02, 2007
yes, there is, they are both cults, or kindof shocked
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by akeye(f): 9:20pm On Nov 02, 2007
@olrotimi
watch ur tongue
catholicism is not cultism and catholics are not cultist
if u dont know wat to say shut ur gad dem mouth.

catholics serve d God almighty and if muslims do same d same God then we're related.
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by pilgrim1(f): 9:50pm On Nov 02, 2007
akeye:

catholics serve d God almighty and if muslims do same d same God then we're related.

I'm not surprised you could confirm the question of this thread! grin
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by akeye(f): 6:43pm On Nov 03, 2007
am not surprised at ur attitude too
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by smile4kenn(m): 6:49pm On Nov 03, 2007
Pilgrim, if i have my way, i cant shout now
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by pilgrim1(f): 7:11pm On Nov 03, 2007
smile4kenn:

Pilgrim, if i have my way, i can't shout now

Okay, just so that you don't lose your peace. . . I'll let you have your way. smiley
Re: Catholics and Muslims: Is There Any Link? by pilgrim1(f): 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2007
akeye:

am not surprised at your attitude too

Bless you! cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Feeling Alone – Connected / Radioactive Decay As An Argument For The Existence Of "Something" From "Nothing" / Burn Your Bible - Christanity Came To Africa Via The FAKE Missionaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.