Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos (11761 Views)

NDLEA Recovers Cocaine In Passenger's Socks (pictures) / Army Recovers Arms In A Coffin At A Checkpoint (Photos) / NDLEA Recovers N59m Cocaine Hidden In Whisky Bottles (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by victorazy(m): 7:37am On Feb 23, 2012
News

By ALBERT AKPOR
LAGOS – The Chief  of Army Staff, COAS, Lt. General OA Ihejirjka yesterday in Lagos announced that videos and DVDs of  overseas military training of the dreaded Islamic fundamentalist group otherwise known as Boko Haram have been recovered and are being studied.

The army boss who urged Nigerians not to panic any longer also said security agencies in the country, particularly the Nigerian Army  have made tremendous achievement in the fight against the menace of the sect. General Ihejirika made the disclosure at the  commissioning ceremony of completed abandoned buildings at the Ojo military cantonment, along Lagos/Badagry Expressway.

The buildings named Indian quarters, following the visit of some Indian military technicians about 32 years ago is to provide accommodation for 36 army personnel.  He said he decided to oversee the completion of most abandoned projects, especially housing because of his vision to boost the morale of officers and soldiers on assumption of office as the Chief of Army Staff.

On the menace of the Islamic fundamentalist group, the Army boss said: “I want to assure Nigerians that the goal of Boko Haram is to create panic and make us submit to their unrealistic demands and that cannot be.”

We have made tremendous achievement in the fight against the sect.  We have made several arrests, some are in the custody of the police, SSS and even the prisons.  So Nigerians should no longer panic because that is their goal.

As I speak with you now, we have in our custody videos and DVDs of their overseas military training and that is assisting us in our operation against them.” Debunking claims that some military officers were among those arrested during cross fire with the sect, General Ihekirika said, “No, that is not true.  We have not arrested any soldier or military officer among members of Boko Haram in our operation against them”.

Commending the Nigerian Army Engineering department which completed the three storey buildings and a bungalow using direct labour, the army chief said, “It is a good job that they have done.  At least 36 officers who would have been confronted with accommodation problem can now comfortably own one.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/boko-haram-army-recovers-sects-overseas-military-training-videos/

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by humblebee: 9:22am On Feb 23, 2012
at least its not coming from the police,  would have doubted it 100%,
Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by Okijajuju1(m): 9:23am On Feb 23, 2012
If not one military personnel is amongst those captured, then they have not started. . .
Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by moderattor: 9:26am On Feb 23, 2012
igbo men are warriors right from time.
Am Just envying them.
Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by femoskiade: 9:27am On Feb 23, 2012
lovely
Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by Briareos(m): 9:30am On Feb 23, 2012
The way the government is handling this investigation is overly terrible. Every bread crumbs, bullet casing and hair strands are been broadcast like a breakthrough,

What happened to undercover intelligence investigation?

Isn't it obvious that the best way to handle this Boko Haramists is infiltration?

Im not surprised that they haven't make any tangible progress, How can you publicize the arrest of one their members and expect them not to cut ties with him or block any way the arrested will lead the authority to them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by victorazy(m): 9:33am On Feb 23, 2012
@ humblebee
You don't have to paint police with black though they're wearing black but sometime they are helpful.
Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by humblebee: 9:44am On Feb 23, 2012
victorazy:

@ humblebee
You don't have to paint police with black though they're wearing black but sometime they are helpful.

oh u think so? except you've been outta d country for so long and you've been missing daily headlines,
Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by gregg2: 10:05am On Feb 23, 2012
I think the security forces are getting it right this time.
Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by purefella(m): 10:08am On Feb 23, 2012
Frankly speaking bombings and killings never stopped since it started in other countries like afghanistan , iran , usa and couple of other countries like that ., i don't think boko haram can be eliminated and if they do another group will rise. i support with GEJ we must learn how to live with it. period
Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by vanstanzy(m): 10:29am On Feb 23, 2012
purefella:

Frankly speaking bombings and killings never stopped since it started in other countries like afghanistan , iran , usa and couple of other countries like that ., i don't think boko haram can be eliminated and if they do another group will rise. i support with GEJ we must learn how to live with it. period

@purefella
U are so wrong! angry What kinda human are u anyway?
This fight isnt urs cos u r giving up already. If ur mind tells u we'll not win this war against BOKO BEASTS well let it, am so sorry. Mine tells me we are going to win this BIG TIME, OK!
Nigerians dont need the kind of urs and GEJs morale, period.
Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by vanstanzy(m): 10:39am On Feb 23, 2012
Debunking claims that some military officers were among those arrested during cross fire with the sect, General Ihekirika said, “No, that is not true.  We have not arrested any soldier or military officer among members of Boko Haram in our operation against them”.

@General Ihejirika

Lets tell ourselves the truth, my brother. IBB as chief sponsor of BH has loyalists still in the military.So definitely some military guyz were caught in raids of BH den. This to my understanding is the honest truth, dont be shy to tell it.

I'V GOT TO SAY, GOOD MOVE THOUGH. THUMBS UP! wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by sped1oro(m): 11:44am On Feb 23, 2012
It could be another charade,and somebody confessed that the likes of Babangida,Atiku and Buhari are big time sponsors of boko haram,cant govt go after them?
Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by deleadej1(m): 11:51am On Feb 23, 2012
i strongly believe in nigeria soldiers not those useless man in blacks.
Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by 2Mekus: 12:20pm On Feb 23, 2012
purefella:

Now how do you learn to live with bomb?  Your type should be bundled out of this country.  You don't belong here.

Briareos:

The way the government is handling this investigation is overly terrible. Every bread crumbs, bullet casing and hair strands are been broadcast like a breakthrough,

What happened to undercover intelligence investigation?

Isn't it obvious that the best way to handle this Boko Haramists is infiltration?

Im not surprised that they haven't make any tangible progress,  How can you publicize  the arrest of one their members and expect them not to cut ties with him or block any way the arrested will lead the authority to them?

The publicity equally creates fear in the camp of Boko Haram.  Ever heard of the word 'propaganda'.  It is always used as a tool of war.  Recently, Kabiru Sokoto confessed he never believed he could be caught.  He said he had always believed to be invincible.   The 'broadcasting' too calms the nerve of the public and indeed the security agents have made tremendous success in the war against these animals otherwise they would have extended their bombings to South West and even East.  Kudos to them.
Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by purefella(m): 1:08pm On Feb 23, 2012
2Mekus:

Now how do you learn to live with bomb?  Your type should be bundled out of this country.  You don't belong here.

The publicity equally creates fear in the camp of Boko Haram.  Ever heard of the word 'propaganda'.  It is always used as a tool of war.  Recently, Kabiru Sokoto confessed he never believed he could be caught.  He said he had always believed to be invincible.   The 'broadcasting' too calms the nerve of the public and indeed the security agents have made tremendous success in the war against these animals otherwise they would have extended their bombings to South West and even East.  Kudos to them.

vanstanzy:

@purefella
U are so wrong! angry What kinda human are u anyway?
This fight isnt urs cos u r giving up already. If ur mind tells u we'll not win this war against BOKO BEASTS well let it, am so sorry. Mine tells me we are going to win this BIG TIME, OK!
Nigerians dont need the kind of urs and GEJs morale, period.

All i am trying to say is let people be security conscious that's the way out not chasing shadows , how are you going to eliminate suicide bombers?? suicide bombers means someone ready to die and wants to bring many people down with him , they are all over Muslim countries and other developing countries and till date they can't stop it .
Those of you saying you want to eliminate boko haram is not different from saying you want to eliminate all the muslims on earth OR have you heard john? peter ? paul ? joseph ? carry bomb won go blow places in all bomb attack history ., USE ur brains

lets be security conscious if you see any abandoned vehicle in your area , suspicious movement , aboki mallam begging for money staying too long your area alert the security officers immediately!!
Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 23, 2012
purefella:

All i am trying to say is let people be security conscious that's the way out not chasing shadows , how are you going to eliminate suicide bombers?? suicide bombers means someone ready to die and wants to bring many people down with him , they are all over Muslim countries and other developing countries and till date they can't stop it .
§Those of you saying you want to eliminate boko haram is not different from saying you want to eliminate all the muslims on earth §OR have you heard john? peter ? paul ? joseph ? carry bomb won go blow places in all bomb attack history ., USE ur brains

lets be security conscious if you see any abandoned vehicle in your area , suspicious movement , aboki mallam begging for money staying too long your area alert the security officers immediately!!
Are u saying all muslims are boko haram or what, cos i dont know what's wrong wiv some individuals, u just like typing any God damn things that comes to ur mind, GOD!
Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by purefella(m): 1:36pm On Feb 23, 2012
muib:

Are u saying all muslims are boko haram or what, cos i dont know what's wrong wiv some individuals, u just like typing any God damn things that comes to ur mind, GOD!

maybe yet to become one or is it only you bastard muslims that have to be blowing up everywhere , disturbing people's peace because you read a book that has been copied over one million times
Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by kizito96(m): 3:29pm On Feb 23, 2012
Now that you have the enemy's information ahead of time, you have to map out strategy that will dismantle them
Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 23, 2012
purefella:

maybe yet to become one or is it only you bastard muslims that have to be blowing up everywhere , disturbing people's peace because you read a book that has been copied over one million times
now i knw u are sick and very uncultured
Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 23, 2012
purefella:

This is unnecessary. Muslims have been here before the boko haram insurgency. Its rather hard to defend bokoharam actions or delude myself into thinking they are not muslims. I implore you and everybody with your views for understanding. A significant percentage of Nigerian muslims are extremely disturbed and alarmed by those terrorists. Posts like this do not help matters.
Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by executinal(m): 6:55pm On Feb 23, 2012
Nice. . . . . . . , . , .
Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 23, 2012
purefella:

, what do you mean by'' a book copied over one million times'', i am not in anyway supporting the activities of BOKO HARAM cos its crime against humanity however we should be just when commenting, we can't blame all Muslims cos of a few that claims to be muslims which in reality they are not, they ll soon be disgraced Insha Allah
Re: Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos by seunlayi(m): 10:17am On Feb 24, 2012
NIGERIA ARMY VS BOKO HARAM
5 - 2
NIGERIA ARMY STILL LEADING

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dapo Abiodun Calls For End To Killings By Customs Anti-Smuggling Squad In Ogun / Police Rescue Kidnapped Nine-month-old Baby / Man Hides 2.6KG Of Cocaine In Roasted Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.