Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Isn't It High Time We Start Getting Authentic First Week Sales Numbers In The Nigerian Music Industr - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Isn't It High Time We Start Getting Authentic First Week Sales Numbers In The Nigerian Music Industr (506 Views)

Isn't It High Time We Start Getting Authentic First Week Sales Numbers In The Nigerian Music Industr / Isn't It High Time We Start Getting Authentic First Week Sales Numbers In The Nigerian Music Industr / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Isn't It High Time We Start Getting Authentic First Week Sales Numbers In The Nigerian Music Industr by phatwall: 9:31am On Feb 23, 2012
IN THE U.S & EUROPE,A WEEK AFTER AN ARTIST RELEASES A NEW ALBUM,THE NUMBER OF CDs SOLD IN THE FIRST WEEK IS ALWAYS RELEASED.USUALY VIA SOUNDSCAN,A BODY THAT TRACKS THE RECORDS OF HOW MANY COPIES AN ALBUM SELLS IN THE FIRST WEEK & EVEN YEARS AFTER, THESE FIGURES RELEASED BY THEM ARE A 100% AUTHENTIC & IT LETS THE PARTIES INTERESTED KNOW HOW SUCCESSFUL OR UNSUCCESSFUL AN ALBUM IS, IN AMERICA,ARTISTS WHO SELL 500k+ COPIES RECEIVE A GOLD PLAQUE,1MILLION+ COPIES RECEIVE A PLATINUM PLAQUE,10MILLION+ COPIES RECEIVE A DIAMOND PLAQUE, RECORD KEEPING OF ALBUM SALES IN THE U.S & EUROPE IS VERY ORGANISED BECAUSE THEY HAVE A PROPER RECORD LABEL/MARKETING & DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE,THIS HELPS EVERYONE INVOLVED(LABELS/ARTISTS) KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY THEY ARE ENTITLED TO FROM THE SALES OF CDs AT THE END OF EVERY WEEK & OVER TIME IN GENERAL, THE CASE IS VERY DIFFERENT IN NIGERIA.THE BIGGEST ARTISTS IN THE COUNTRY CANNOT AUTHORITATIVELY PUT OUT A FIGURE OF EXACTLY HOW MANY CDs THEY WERE ABLE TO SELL ON A PARTICULAR ALBUM BECAUSE IN MOST CASES ARTISTS SELL OFF THE PUBLISHING RIGHTS OF THEIR ALBUMS TO MARKETERS IN THE POPULAR ALABA MARKET FOR A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF MONEY,MAKING THESE MARKETERS THE ONLY ONES WHO KNOW EXACTLY HOW MANY CDs THEY SELL.IN A LOT OF CASES THESE MARKETERS MAKE A WHOLE LOT MORE THAN WHAT THEY PAID OFF THE ARTIST OR LABEL, AS BIG AS MUSIC HAS GROWN IN NIGERIA,I THINK IT'S ABOUT TIME THE INDUSTRY IS RESTRUCTURED, FROM RECORD LABELS TO THE MARKETING & DISTRIBUTION NETWORKS, IT'S GOING TO BE TASKING AT THE BEGINNING BUT IT WOULD DEFINITELY PAY OFF IN THE LONG RUN, THIS IS MY OPINION,MAY I HAVE YOURS, THANKS-DOUBLE SIX/PHAT WALL MUZIK.

(1) (Reply)

D'banj Performs At Hackney London! / Music Download / Shoot A Video And Enjoy Free Promo Online & On Four Major Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.