Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Toilet Smelling Soakaway - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Toilet Smelling Soakaway (3970 Views)

Soakaway Quotation Needed. / Cost Of Soakaway(septic Tank) / How Much Does It Cost To Dig A Soakaway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Toilet Smelling Soakaway by NosaTheo: 10:18am On Feb 23, 2012
we just moved into a new apartment but I notice one of the toilets which we have reserved as visitor's toilet always oozed out this awful smell from the soakaway. This happens mostly at night, midafternoon and in the mornings.
I have cleaned with all kinds of cleaning materials that I know but after sometime, the smell just fly out again.
My husband also, have tried to blocked all openings around the toilet except for the drain on the floor but to no avail.

Can anyone in the house please suggest / advise a way out of this problem?
Is there something that was not done correctly in the plumbing system?
Re: Toilet Smelling Soakaway by blank(f): 1:55pm On Feb 24, 2012
Why not get a plumber to look at it? It is their job.
Re: Toilet Smelling Soakaway by atasteve: 2:23pm On Feb 24, 2012
I guess the smell is returning due to the piping work. Get a plumber to check the chamber for you, it might be the cause.

(1) (Reply)

Lands/houses For Sale @ Lagos & Ogun state / 4 Way To Invest In Real Estate / (photo) 30 Plots Of Land To Be Sold @ 450k Per Plot (08182139310)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.