Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Does God Have An Ego? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Have An Ego? (3520 Views)

Why Do God Have To Create People GAY? Why? / Many Men Of God Have Deviated From The Truth / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Have An Ego? by emofine2(f): 1:31pm On Feb 23, 2012
If God Almighty does not need mere mortals, what was the objective of creating Man in his “image”?. . .
. . .To reflect his unseen visage?
. . .So that Man would worship him?
But those who dare not pay obeisance to this being will be sentenced to an eternity in the “lake of fire”. .right?

In the midst of the Garden of Eden the “All-knowing” God deliberately positioned the prohibited “tree of knowledge of good and evil”; even though he did not want the first model humans to partake from that tree.
Yet the “omnipotent” one knowing that these humans will inevitably succumb and commit sin had salvation on standby from the very beginning, in the form of Jesus Christ – the sacrificial lamb.
Since God already had mankind’s salvation on standby surely he knew that Adam and Eve would fall.

Thus he could assume the role as “saviour” and rescue mankind from our acquired sinful state by offering his “only begotten son” as the substitutionary sacrifice.
And in turn, Man would forever be indebted to him and accept him as Lord and saviour as an appreciation for this selfless gesture.

Is this not a selfish-egotistical ambition?
Is God’s personal esteem centred on being worshipped? Needed? Loved?
If so, can one rightly conclude that God indeed has an ego?
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by buzugee(m): 2:16pm On Feb 23, 2012
great ambiguous question. First of all, we are all spiritual beings having a physical experience. and as spiritual beings we are created with two sides. a godly and a satanic side. what is the point in having a ying and a yang side without having the freewill to test out both sides right ? hence he bestowed us with the freewill to choose what side of our spirt we will lend credence to. i think this point alone smashes your theory that he has an ego. if he had an ego he will not give us the freewill to wander of into our own devices. he will instill a dictatorship spirit in you that has no freewill to do your own thing on the side but will worship him 24 7. he will instill only a godly spirit in you that is fully focused on him 24 hrs, seven days a week. see but he did not do that. he wants you to make your own decisions and choices and if those include atheism, or idolatry etc etc, then so be it. that right there tells you no ego is involved.

the objective of creating man is for the spiritual being to have a physical experience and for the physical being to be able to feel some pain. spirits dont feel pain. if you are a crazy spirit in the spiritual realm, how do you get comeuppance for your wrongdoings ? how do you get your butt whooped for indulging your freewill to rebel ? spirits dont feel pain. well thats why you have a physical experience as a human being. then you can get your butt tortured by the lord (proverbs 16 vs 4) when he brings you pain, suffering, pestilence and all kinds of torture for being a rebel (2 esdras 16 vs 19).Behold, famine and plague, tribulation and anguish, are sent as scourges for amendment.

there is no such thing as eternity in the lake of fire. yes there will be a lake of fire that will burn down the virgin daughter of babylon (america) and those in it who still have not given up their wicked ways. what happens to those spirits after they have been burned out of the body ? they go through torment and sorrow because once you pop back into the spiritual realm, then you can see the heaven you missed and you can see your future judgement but you have a long time of torturous calamity and no peace to wander around and wait while all the saints are off in lala land with the messiah for the reign of the millenia. then after that, the earth gets renewed into heaven. then all creations that ever came on earth are spit out and then comes the judgement. those who were down with the lord righteously will be immortal and will have rest peace and all no more sorrow, while those who were not down with the lord will be the lowly people in heaven (servants and maids ) (isaiah 14 vs 2 ). So nobody burns forever. all that is christian mythology. and heaven will be on earth (ecclesiastes 1 vs 4)

The tree of knowledge of good and evil is not a physical tree. its the duality of your spirit. the godly and the satanic side. and the serpent that tempted eve was not a physical snake. it was one of the adamites who led her astray with his own philosophy, kinda like idolatry or occultism. (God did not create just adam and eve. adam and eve just happen to be the only ones created in his image (with knowledge) and were the leaders and were meant to civilize the others). did he know that adam and eve will fall ? of course, but still freewill has to prevail.

Nobody put a gun to anyones head to make them fall. you fell due to your own deeds. heck you are still falling today. fornication, adultery, stealing, killing, lying, 419, bribery, corruption,  etc. nobody told you to do these things. you indulged your freewill and did them on your own. The fact he sent a messiah to deliver us from ourself is a great thing.

is Gods personal esteem centred on being worshipped ? No. Gods personal esteem is centred on humans treating each other with the love decency and respect that they deserve. and the only way humans can achieve this is if they obey his laws statutes and commandments. you worship the lord by your good deeds.   MATTHEW 5 VS 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.he doesnt want you bowing to him and praising him and all that craziness that you all do. lord says worship me by your deeds. when you go up to a hungry man and give him £20, you have just worshipped the lord. when you see someone in rags and you take them to the store and buy them clothes, youhave just worshipped the lord. those worshipping the lord by praying and screaming and shouting and singing but are full of evil are repulsive to him. lord says proverbs 28 9 if one turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination.
here is what the lord thinks about your hymns and praises in church AMOS 5 VS 23 Away with your noisy hymns of praise! I will not listen to the music of your harps.
HOPE I ANSWERED ALL YOUR QUESTIONS
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by buzugee(m): 3:13pm On Feb 23, 2012
heck i think these verses knock your assertions right back into the stone age.

AMOS 5      21 “I hate, I despise your religious festivals;
   your assemblies are a stench to me.
22 Even though you bring me burnt offerings and grain offerings,
   I will not accept them.
Though you bring choice fellowship offerings,
   I will have no regard for them.
23 Away with the noise of your songs!
   I will not listen to the music of your harps.
24 But let justice roll on like a river,
   righteousness like a never-failing stream!

SEE THE LORD AINT INTO SINGING AND PRAYING AND WORSHIPPING IN CHURCH AND ALL THIS MADNESS. HE AINT INTO EGO TRIPPING. HE DONT NEED YOUR PRAYER. HE SAYS YOUR PRAYER IS AN ABOMINATION TO HIM. ALL HE WANTS IS YOU TO LET JUSTICE AND RIGHTEOUSNESS PREVAIL. LET LOVE PREVAIL. LOVE YOUR FELLOW MAN. TREAT EACH OTHER WITH DECENCY.
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by tbaba1234: 4:09pm On Feb 23, 2012
Muslims do not believe in the concept of Original Sin or the concept that the sins of Adam and Eve are responsible for the suffering of the world.

In Islam,

1. Man was created for the earth.

Surah 2:30
Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth."They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed
blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy [name]?" He said: "I know what ye know not."

2. Man was created with an intellect.

Surah 2
31. And He taught Adam the names of all things; then He placed them before the angels, and said: "Tell me the names of these if ye are right."

3. The garden was a period of preparation for man eventual destination "earth".

Surah 2
35. We said: "O Adam! dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden; and eat of the bountiful things therein as [where and when] ye will; but approach not this
tree, or ye run into harm and transgression."

4. Eating the apple was just a slip by adam/eve not the greatest sin in the history of the world. It signified their ability to make independent decisions and signaled their readiness for earth.

Surah 2
36. Then did Satan make them slip from the [garden], and get them out of the state [of felicity] in which they had been. We said: "Get ye down, all [ye
people], with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling-place and your means of livelihood - for a time."

5. They sought forgiveness and were duely forgiven.

Surah 2
37. Then learnt Adam from his Lord words of inspiration, and his Lord Turned towards him; for He is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful

On our side, We were created to worship God:

Surah 51
56. I have only created Jinns and men, that they may serve Me.
57. No Sustenance do I require of them, nor do I require that they should feed Me.
58. For Allah is He Who gives [all] Sustenance,- Lord of Power,- Steadfast [for ever].

Allah says in the Quran he is of no need of your punishment:

"What would Allah do with your punishment if you are grateful and believe? And ever is Allah Appreciative and Knowing."(4:147)

On the path  of God, He created us to show us mercy:

Surah 11:
118. If thy Lord had so willed, He could have made mankind one people: but they will not cease to dispute.
119.Except those on whom thy Lord hath bestowed His Mercy: and for this did He create them: and the Word of thy Lord shall be fulfilled: "I will fill Hell with jinns and men all together."

So humans are a manifestation of God's Mercy:: He could have used another medium to demonstrate his mercy.

He also created us with an innate disposition to him.  The prophet said:

‘Every new-born child is born in a state of fitrah. Then his parents make him a Jew, a Christian or a Magian, just as an animal is born intact. Do you observe any among them that are maimed (at birth)?"

Fitnah refers to an innate natural disposition which cannot change, and which exists at birth in all human beings. However, depending on the environment which we grow, we become  atheists, Jews or  Christians. This natural disposition includes a belief in a supreme creator. The Quran states:

‘Set your face to the faith in sincerity which is Allah's fitrah (the nature made by Allah) upon which He created mankind (fatâra’n-nâs). There is no changing the creation of Allah. That is the right faith but most people know not.’ (Surah 30:30)

Humans have the natural disposition to worship a supreme being, it is something built into us. This is part of the mercy of God.

Relationships are all about exchange; they are about what we give and what we take. Our parents give us shelter, food, love, care, attention, they instill in us morals and teach us what they believe. In return, from having us they receive the joy of having a child that is their own, they see our smiling faces as babies and couldn’t feel happier, when we are older we return their love and care as best we can and try in turn to look after them. We give each other advice and support, good company and conversation, a sense of belonging and security. The relationship, like all others, is based on giving and receiving and although at first glance that hints at a materialist way of looking at things, it encompasses the emotional, spiritual, and mental aspects of a relationship too.

Sadly when it comes to the relationship we have with Allah(swt) many of us happily receive but never give in return. There are those who are so deeply in disbelief that they do not even acknowledge everything they receive from the Creator or indeed acknowledge the Creator at all and instead attribute it to chance or themselves or other human beings.

There are those of us who acknowledge Allah(swt) yet still do not cultivate our relationship with Him by giving instead of only constantly receiving.

Our ingratitude to God inspite of great mercies he shows to us every day is what makes us liable for punishment  and eligible for Hell. But God is in no need of your punishment.

This question and more have been answered on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-860891.0.html
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by Joagbaje(m): 4:40pm On Feb 23, 2012
God is not commanding servitude. All he wants is a relationship with us. And we are the beneficiary of such relationship .We have nothing to offer . He has all to offer. Theres an advasary of man out there to frustrate. That's the devil
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:46pm On Feb 23, 2012
Complete rubbish talk, joagbaje. There is no one way relationship even with God involved. If God seeks relationship with us, "He" must be getting something back from "his" creations, or else there is no relationship. Stop talking bullshyte like God's creations has nothing to offer. They have plenty to offer God. That is why there is a "relationship" to speak of.
Joagbaje:

God is not commanding servitude. All he wants is a relationship with us. And we are the beneficiary of such relationship .We have nothing to offer . He has all to offer. Theres an advasary of man out there to frustrate. That's the devil

At the title question, "Does God Have An Ego"; God, according to the institutionalized religions like christianity and islam, has an EGO too big even for HIM. He is the cosmic egomaniac extraordinaire.
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 23, 2012
Combine the emofine's post with the old testament and you have a brain cracking session on your head, i mean for christians who really want to think.
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by emofine2(f): 10:45am On Feb 24, 2012
Joagbaje:

Hi Jo, long time. I hope you’re good smiley

Well I always look forward to hearing from you and I do respect your opinions however on this one I disagree.

We have nothing to offer”? What of our submission? Obedience? And more importantly our "souls"?

I have never seen a relationship where no party had nothing to contribute or gain unless it’s a parasitic one.

But (to me) this whole relationship with the Christian God is akin to emotional blackmail.

“I died for you now receive my free gift of salvation and worship me or be damned in hell for eternity” - (that is how the message translates to me.)

Really . . .what type of condition is this?

Why would he engineer such a scenario? To be casted as a hero? For humans to come running to him? undecided

Truth be told, there are a lot of people that adhere to this God because they are afraid of roasting in hell not because they actually love him. Why are some people governed by fear if they claim to worship a loving God? undecided

Why does God even want us to worship him if he doesn’t need us?

Why is he so tetchy and threatening when some people are not at all willing to adhere to Him?

I believe he does want all the adoration and praise and those who don’t massage his ego by giving that to him will be baking in hell.

Now that to me sounds a whole lot like emotional blackmail. Moreover this God has left us with a painful alternative so that highly frightened individuals (which may not even be genuine believers) would be in his assembly – just for the sake of not catching heat.

Now, I may have concluded prematurely and harshly and for that I do apologise. But I’m always open to correction and enlightenment . . .so if you or indeed anybody else has an issue with my statement do not fail to call me up on it.
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by buzugee(m): 1:33pm On Feb 24, 2012
this is exactly why the lord says that women should keep quiet and be seen but not heard. because they are emotional creatures with no sense of understanding. 1 corinthians 14 vs 34. here you are, you asked a whole bunch of questions, which are great questions, and which i thought you genuinely wanted answers for. come to find out you dont really want answers to your questions. you are just here to cleave onto the men who you admire on this site. thats the woman for you. i supplied all the answers you needed with biblical verses but i am sure you ignored that and ran to Joagbajes post, which had paucity of information regarding all the questions you asked. see, you are here to either look for a husband or to man-please. you are not here to look for answers, because you turned around and asked the same questions all over again.
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by DeepSight(m): 2:07pm On Feb 24, 2012
buzugee:

this is exactly why the lord says that women should keep quiet and be seen but not heard. because they are emotional creatures with no sense of understanding.

SHAT AP! ! !

Chauvinism.
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by buzugee(m): 2:38pm On Feb 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

SHAT AP! ! !

Chauvinism.
pick your fight up with the lord. i aint say it. the lord said it. i take it you think the lord is a chauvinist right ? 1 corinthians 14 vs 34

me personally ? i am not a chauvinist. but you do have to admit, it takes a special woman to be objective on scriptural matters. a lot of women just go off how they feel about the man who is speaking. is he fine, is he popular, does he have a benzo, is he cute etc etc. if you aint all those, doesnt matter if you are the messiah himself, they would not listen to you. see women are emotional creatures. the lord knows that. thats why he said that. 1 corinthians 14 vs 34
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by DeepSight(m): 2:45pm On Feb 24, 2012
^ Well if you wish. There is no doubt that the God of scripture is glaringly chauvinist. But that was a misrepresentation based on patriachal cultural domination. You should rebel against it just as surely as we all rebel against the command in the OT not to shave our beards.
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by buzugee(m): 2:51pm On Feb 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

^ Well if you wish. There is no doubt that the God of scripture is glaringly chauvinist. But that was a misrepresentation based on patriachal cultural domination. You should rebel against it just as surely as we all rebel against the command in the OT not to shave our beards.
you can rebel against the lord all you want because you are looking for some cool points with the ladies but soon enough after one of these daughters of eves show you real pepper, you will come back here singing a new tune. i see your allegiance is tilting towards the created than the creator. love your priorities bro  wink

and i aint a chauvinist. there are lots of intelligent women here like JeSouL just as there are lots of dumb men on here. so its not a gender thing. i just cant stand brown nosers
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by DeepSight(m): 2:55pm On Feb 24, 2012
Contradicting yourself. So if indeed you accept there are lots of intelligent women like jesoul, why would you hold on to a primitive command asking women not to minister? What if the woman is endowed with the spirit of God and a gift for ministry. Paul was either a rabid chauvinist or simply hostage to the primitive ideas of his time. You should liberate yourself from such.
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by buzugee(m): 3:01pm On Feb 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

Contradicting yourself. So if indeed you accept there are lots of intelligent women like jesoul, why would you hold on to a primitive command asking women not to minister? What if the woman is endowed with the spirit of God and a gift for ministry. Paul was either a rabid chavinist or simply hostage to the primitive ideas of his time. You should liberate yourself from such.
listen here dude, the lord is not an author of confusion. 1 corinthians 11 vs 3 Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.   there is no doubt that there are many intelligent women but their intelligence should be used to teach other women and the children. man is made from the earth. woman is made from man. out of man comes woman. if a woman tries to lead a man, half the time it leads to confusion. i am sure you are not wiser than the lord so quit yapping because you are a man blessed with more estrogen than testosterone. you are a metrosexual man. thats what happens when you start eating food with hormones  grin

EPHESIANS 5 VS 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.

EPHESIANS 5 VS 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by buzugee(m): 3:11pm On Feb 24, 2012
I AM SURE IF YOU ASK 10 WOMEN IF THEY WANT A MANLY MAN OR A FEMININE MAN like yourself, they will all choose a manly man. no woman wants a weak man. they may say they want a weak man because they want their way all the time and a weak an will let them have that, but as soon as they get the weak man, after 6 months they get tired and bored and start craving a real manly man. thats women. they want this, then when they have it, they realize they dont really want it, they want the other thing they didnt want initially grin
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by DeepSight(m): 4:09pm On Feb 24, 2012
O please, dont make this about me. You dont know me and you cannot suppose anything regarding my manliness or feminity. Just face the question: its a questionb of Chauvinism. No worries with a man as the head - BUT - this is entirely different from primitive chauvinistic ideas which say that a woman must keep silent and never minister. That is quite a primitive and most chauvinistic idea. It should be frowned upon by every modern person. That's the issue - deal with it, and stop paying unhealthy attention to my person. Danke.
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by buzugee(m): 4:39pm On Feb 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

O please, dont make this about me. You dont know me and you cannot suppose anything regarding my manliness or feminity. Just face the question: its a questionb of Chauvinism. No worries with a man as the head - BUT - this is entirely different from primitive chauvinistic ideas which say that a woman must keep silent and never minister. That is quite a primitive and most chauvinistic idea. It should be frowned upon by every modern person. That's the issue - deal with it, and stop paying unhealthy attention to my person. Danke.
while you are a fallible, getting blown by the wind, non-structural mortal, our messiah and lord says HEBREW 13 VS 8 I am the same yesterday, today, and forever.

so dont insult our lord by trying to understand the infinite with a finite mind. just because your ideas change with time does not mean his ideas change with time. if they did then he would not be the messiah. he would just be a regular mortal who changes with season.
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by emofine2(f): 9:49pm On Feb 24, 2012
buzugee:

this is exactly why the lord says that women should keep quiet and be seen but not heard. because they are emotional creatures with no sense of understanding. 1 corinthians 14 vs 34. here you are, you asked a whole bunch of questions, which are great questions, and which i thought you genuinely wanted answers for. come to find out you dont really want answers to your questions. you are just here to cleave onto the men who you admire on this site. thats the woman for you. i supplied all the answers you needed with biblical verses but i am sure you ignored that and ran to Joagbajes post, which had paucity of information regarding all the questions you asked. see, you are here to either look for a husband or to man-please. you are not here to look for answers, because you turned around and asked the same questions all over again.

The fact that I’m female should not be held as an issue against my being. Joagbaje is somebody I’ve grown to respect as well as his opinions so if indeed it may appear that I might value his input above yours or give them priority doesn’t automatically mean I’m head over heels. That says a lot about your own “sense of understanding”.
I never post on here with the intention of courting or arousing the interest of the male assembly. (The people I may indulge in small banter with are those who I’m acquainted to).

The thing is I had actually read your posts but was structuring my response. In future, please don't jump to conclusion. You will recieve my response shortly.
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by DeepSight(m): 9:55pm On Feb 24, 2012
buzugee:

while you are a fallible, getting blown by the wind, non-structural mortal, our messiah and lord says HEBREW 13 VS 8 I am the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Your messiah is a chauvinist forever? Think again bro. No, not at all. Not for one second. Those are cultural ideas from that period that should be left in that period please.
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by buzugee(m): 10:05pm On Feb 24, 2012
emöfine:

The fact that I’m female should not be held as an issue against my being. Joagbaje is somebody I’ve grown to respect as well as his opinions so if indeed it may appear that I might value his input above yours or give them priority doesn’t automatically mean I’m head over heels. That says a lot about your own “sense of understanding”.
I never post on here with the intention of courting or arousing the interest of the male assembly. (The people I may indulge in small banter with are those who I’m acquainted to).

The thing is I had actually read your posts but was structuring my response. In future, please don't jump to conclusion. You will recieve my response shortly.
glad to know you got fed. i am not looking for a response. just shocked you asked the same questions all over again after i answered the questions, meaning you either did not read it or agree with it. and if you didnt agree, i think a lil response on why you dont agree will be appropriate and polite after i busted my butt typing all that there for you.
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by buzugee(m): 10:11pm On Feb 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

Your messiah is a chauvinist forever? Think again bro. No, not at all. Not for one second. Those are cultural ideas from that period that should be left in that period please.
with your mindset you cant make it into heaven. heaven will be an orderly and patriachal society where the man goes out to hunt and gather the food while the woman stays at home to look after the kids. there will be no office jobs in heaven. there will be no corporate world. the work will be farming, fishing, hunting for the men and making clothes and looking after the kids and cooking for the women. if you think that is too chauvinistic for you, then the lord will not admit you in. you know what the problem is ? you think you are a white man because your spirit is entrenched in his system of equality of the sexes, womens rights, the woman can drink as much if not more than men, women can be cops arresting men and beating men down etc etc etc. all this foolishness is heathenistic and is the way of the heathens. listen brother, you better learn to adjust your mind to the heavenly way of thinking or you will be left behind by the messiah.
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by emofine2(f): 10:17pm On Feb 24, 2012
buzugee:
he bestowed us with the freewill. . . if he had an ego he will not give us the freewill to wander of into our own devices. . .he wants you to make your own decisions and choices

In the bible aka “God’s word”, the protagonist seems to have a habit of either vanquishing or threatening those that don’t adhere to him.
Since we have free-will, why does this God corner us into worshipping him?

His stance can be verbally translated as Follow me or perish, but hey it’s your call. I’m not forcing you to do anything because it’s your free-will but might I remind you that if you don’t follow me you’ll burn forever. . .  sounds pretty authoritarian to me.

spirits dont feel pain.

In death the physical body decays. Since the earthly shell sheds allowing the spirit to be released from the fleshly suit the physical body can be said to be temporary, whilst the spiritual one is permanent. If burning in hell is as a punishment don’t you think that such atmosphere will rouse some pain? Moreso the fact that a being will endure that torment in the spiritual body (the permanent form) speaks volume of the punishment that is vividly narrated in the bible i.e. burning forever.
But if you had said that the pain that is felt in the physical is not the same feeling felt in the spirit – I could have agreed with your point then.

Regarding the tree of knowledge. . .

The tree of knowledge of good and evil is not a physical tree

What you have written here is interesting and I’ve also considered the possibility of the tree not being physical – but more metaphorical. The representation of duality was obvious but I’ve never thought it was supposed to represent Man’s spirit. I’m still loosely researching this event though.

is Gods personal esteem centred on being worshipped ? No.

SEE THE LORD AINT INTO SINGING AND PRAYING AND WORSHIPPING IN CHURCH AND ALL THIS MADNESS. HE AINT INTO EGO TRIPPING. HE DONT NEED YOUR PRAYER. HE SAYS YOUR PRAYER IS AN ABOMINATION TO HIM. ALL HE WANTS IS YOU TO LET JUSTICE AND RIGHTEOUSNESS PREVAIL. LET LOVE PREVAIL. LOVE YOUR FELLOW MAN. TREAT EACH OTHER WITH DECENCY.

However I don’t agree with your assertion that God is adverse to worship. Singing, praying etc is a form of worship and if indeed we are following the same bible you will see where in “God’s Word” these acts are highly regarded by this Being.

“And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.”
Revelation 8: 3

Why would praying to God be a sore in his eyes when that’s the believer’s method of communicating with their diety?

Why would singing to God be a sore in his eyes when that’s the believer’s method of celebrating their diety?

The longest book in the bible is Psalms and the author of most of the psalms is David who was also a musician and was said to be a “man after God’s own heart”. . .

HOPE I ANSWERED ALL YOUR QUESTIONS

If anything you’ve made them multiply lol but all the same thanks for the effort.

Buzugee, I’m a little curious. You quote the bible frequently yet carry the same vigour as the members of the NOI undecided
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by emofine2(f): 10:20pm On Feb 24, 2012
buzugee:

glad to know you got fed. i am not looking for a response. just shocked you asked the same questions all over again after i answered the questions, meaning you either did not read it or agree with it. and if you didnt agree, i think a lil response on why you dont agree will be appropriate and polite after i busted my butt typing all that there for you.

Those were tailored questions and an extension to the original ones. Lol @ your last sentence. Believe me, the effort is very much appreciated.
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by buzugee(m): 11:18pm On Feb 24, 2012
emöfine:

In the bible aka “God’s word”, the protagonist seems to have a habit of either vanquishing or threatening those that don’t adhere to him.
Since we have free-will, why does this God corner us into worshipping him?

His stance can be verbally translated as Follow me or perish, but hey it’s your call. I’m not forcing you to do anything because it’s your free-will but might I remind you that if you don’t follow me you’ll burn forever. . .  sounds pretty authoritarian to me.

In death the physical body decays. Since the earthly shell sheds allowing the spirit to be released from the fleshly suit the physical body can be said to be temporary, whilst the spiritual one is permanent. If burning in hell is as a punishment don’t you think that such atmosphere will rouse some pain? Moreso the fact that a being will endure that torment in the spiritual body (the permanent form) speaks volume of the punishment that is vividly narrated in the bible i.e. burning forever.
But if you had said that the pain that is felt in the physical is not the same feeling felt in the spirit – I could have agreed with your point then.

Regarding the tree of knowledge. . .

What you have written here is interesting and I’ve also considered the possibility of the tree not being physical – but more metaphorical. The representation of duality was obvious but I’ve never thought it was supposed to represent Man’s spirit. I’m still loosely researching this event though.

However I don’t agree with your assertion that God is adverse to worship. Singing, praying etc is a form of worship and if indeed we are following the same bible you will see where in “God’s Word” these acts are highly regarded by this Being.

“And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.”
Revelation 8: 3

Why would praying to God be a sore in his eyes when that’s the believer’s method of communicating with their diety?

Why would singing to God be a sore in his eyes when that’s the believer’s method of celebrating their diety?

The longest book in the bible is Psalms and the author of most of the psalms is David who was also a musician and was said to be a “man after God’s own heart”. . .

If anything you’ve made them multiply lol but all the same thanks for the effort.

Buzugee, I’m a little curious. You quote the bible frequently yet carry the same vigour as the members of the NOI undecided
Nation OfI Islam, I aint. ANALOGY- you have kids who are rebels who go around been mean to other kids and you keep telling them that this is bad behavior. the way they can please you is to be nice to everyone they come in contact with and if they are not nice to other people, then you will punish them severely. sounds rational right ? same way the lord is asking you to love your neighbors as yourself and this is how you make him happy. like i said earlier, the lord dont want your prayers or songs if you dont love other people as yourself. its just that simple. you need an open mind to read the bible. you need to approach the bible as a history book and a book of laws, and not as a religious book. thats why a lot of people get mixed up. this is not a religion. all the traditions you read about in the bible are the traditions of the 12 tribes of israel. they are not behaviors expected of you. its a history book not a moral book. but inside it are prophets who got messages from God. so if you read about people murdering and raping and pillaging, thats just the history of a people. Do these acts have anything to do with God ? nope but he will use the satanic side of people to get his deeds done. example. someone is feeling murderous. he can place the person in the path of a rapist etc etc. but yeah no long rants grin
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by DeepSight(m): 2:06am On Feb 25, 2012
buzugee:

with your mindset you cant make it into heaven. heaven will be an orderly and patriachal society where the man goes out to hunt and gather the food while the woman stays at home to look after the kids. there will be no office jobs in heaven. there will be no corporate world. the work will be farming, fishing, hunting for the men and making clothes and looking after the kids and cooking for the women. if you think that is too chauvinistic for you, then the lord will not admit you in. you know what the problem is ? you think you are a white man because your spirit is entrenched in his system of equality of the sexes, womens rights, the woman can drink as much if not more than men, women can be cops arresting men and beating men down etc etc etc. all this foolishness is heathenistic and is the way of the heathens. listen brother, you better learn to adjust your mind to the heavenly way of thinking or you will be left behind by the messiah.

Jesus Christ! Lo ru ko Jesu. Alhammdullai. Lo ru ko IFA. Lo ru ko SANGO. Why did I bother. Oya, forward march! Go ye forth and enslave all the women in the world.
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by buzugee(m): 6:15pm On Feb 25, 2012
Deep Sight:

Jesus Christ! Lo ru ko Jesu. Alhammdullai. Lo ru ko IFA. Lo ru ko SANGO. Why did I bother. Oya, forward march! Go ye forth and enslave all the women in the world.
you know, chauvinism in righteousness is absolutely different from chauvinism in the carnal world. this is why you are confused. chauvinism in righteousness simply means everyone has his own her own roles to play but the relationship is still loving and sweet and respectful. chauvinism in the carnal world means disrespecting your wife and beating her and insulting her and demeaning her etc etc. all these are sins against God.
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:18pm On Feb 25, 2012
LOL! cheesy grin I've heard it all now on NR. Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!
buzugee:

you know, chauvinism in righteousness is absolutely different from chauvinism in the carnal world. this is why you are confused. chauvinism in righteousness simply means everyone has his own her own roles to play but the relationship is still loving and sweet and respectful. chauvinism in the carnal world means disrespecting your wife and beating her and insulting her and demeaning her etc etc. all these are sins against God.
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by buzugee(m): 6:26pm On Feb 25, 2012
Jenwitemi:

LOL! cheesy grin I've heard it all now on NR. Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!
undecided
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by mazaje(m): 6:48pm On Feb 25, 2012
buzugee:

shocked shocked shocked. . . .Na wah ohhh. . .
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by buzugee(m): 6:51pm On Feb 25, 2012
mazaje:

shocked shocked shocked. . . .Na wah ohhh. . .
oh you thought heaven was in the skies somewhere and we will all be floating like angels ? grin
Re: Does God Have An Ego? by mazaje(m): 6:54pm On Feb 25, 2012
^^

No, i really think you need help. . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

'Magdalene Sister Slaves' Of Its Catholic Workhouses Who Were Brutalized By Nuns / How Do We Know There Is A God? / Where In The Bible Does It Say We Have Free Will ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.