Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? (10017 Views)

Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M / "POVERTY" Is A Choice, True Or False? / Random And Crazy Posters Of The Prosperity Gospel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by Sweatshirt: 12:50pm On Feb 24, 2012
I really don't get the point of these prosperity gospels (By the way; why doesn't the ellipsis work on NL? )

Such pastors make the people in their congregation depend too much on prayer and seed-sowing. I feel like the most ignorant of people rake in the little money they make, 'sow' a seed and pray to magically get rich. Surely this is bad?

I've been to some churches where the topic is usually about sowing seeds and praying against supposed 'spirits' padlocking undecided their luck. I honestly don't think this is healthy for the mind. Why cant the money raised from the seed sowers be used to support familys, education - wise.

And for F*** sake who is this so-called 'enemy' that they waste time praying against cry

5 Likes

Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by dare2think: 12:54pm On Feb 24, 2012
Sweatshirt:

I really don't get the point of these prosperity gospels

The Point=Greed on the part of all parties involved.

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by FXKing2012(m): 1:02pm On Feb 24, 2012
Could u people just leave pastors alone and make something positive out of your own lives. Or are u people so intellectually bankrupt that you cannot discourse any other thing other than pastors?

4 Likes

Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by Goshen360(m): 1:10pm On Feb 24, 2012
Godliness with contentment, the bible says it's a GREAT GAIN.

2 Likes

Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by Sweatshirt: 1:12pm On Feb 24, 2012
FXKing2012:

Could u people just leave pastors alone and make something positive out of your own lives. Or are u people so intellectually bankrupt that you cannot discourse any other thing other than pastors?

No I wont leave pastors alone, you simpleton. People like you are the reason Nigeria is flooded with ignorance.
You have the 'every man for himself' attutitude. Also, what tells you that I'm not making something positive out of my life? You have no idea who I am. Please, don't start. What do you mean by 'positive' anyway? I'm guessing you're suggesting that I'm not a multi-millionaire. Like the men you probably idolize.

9 Likes

Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by dare2think: 2:12pm On Feb 24, 2012
FXKing2012:

[color=#006600][b]The pastors dont discuss the critics,

lol,

If I may ask, how do you kno this?
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by Ptolomeus(m): 4:50pm On Feb 24, 2012
Nothing is coincidence.
There is fear , fear of sin, fear of hell, fear of the devil, fear the wrath of God ,
Then it creates dependency to the pastor, who claims to be "the one who can guide them."
Those fears and this dependence generate large economic gains for many pastors ,
The result is:
Pastors richer every day and every day more people dependent and impoverished.
Bad deal for some, a good deal for others.

3 Likes

Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by harryakon: 10:43pm On Jun 07, 2012
FXKing2012: Could u people just leave pastors alone and make something positive out of your own lives. Or are u people so intellectually bankrupt that you cannot discourse any other thing other than pastors?
They obviously have a huge influence on our lives so its completely wrong for us to leave them a lone after all, the society isn't for all but for one. Don't you think it's wrong that people don't go to church to seek God anymore but all htey do is seek wealth. Everybody can't be rich. It's impossible. There is no magical solution to poverty, it doesn't work that way. Jesus Christ probably spoke more against being rich than gor it. The story of the rich young ruler in Luke 'Sell all your property and give to the poor' Jesus said; The soty of the rich fool 'You fool, you think by what you have stored on earth.....tonight your soul will be required of you'; 'The poor will always be among you', 'Lay up for yourselves treasues in heaven where moth and rust don't destroy and not on earth...' were things Jesus said. Haven't you noticed that the number of scriptures available for the prosperity talk isn't plenty?

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by Yornandrew: 8:38am On Jun 08, 2012
Godliness with contentment is great gain

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by MrAnony1(m): 9:27am On Jun 08, 2012
Just to get something straight. Tithing is not required under grace. however be careful that your opposition to tithing is not coming from a point of stinginess. God does not want your 10%, God wants your everything.

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by ijawkid(m): 9:46am On Jun 08, 2012
Goshen360: Godliness with contentment, the bible says it's a GREAT GAIN.

Gbam....

D churches ponder so much on how persons thru d holy spirit can get rich materially and ponder less on d coming of Gods kingdom $ d destruction of this satan ruled system....

If many are thought godly contentment then I think we'll have better sound christians who'll be prepared for d great day of Yahweh!!!
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by LogicMind: 10:24am On Jun 08, 2012
anybody that gives his hard earned money to pastors deserve all the poverty coming his way.

5 Likes

Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by logicboy: 11:47am On Jun 08, 2012
Logic Mind: anybody that gives his hard earned money to pastors deserve all the poverty coming his way.

Yes and no.

How is an illiterate shoemaker going to know any better. Some people are only ignorant because of education and environment. These people deserve help and pity

Some like, many here on Nairaland are educated and willfully ignorant. These people deserve condemnation and to be poor

3 Likes

Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by Zodiac61(m): 1:45pm On Jun 08, 2012
FXKing2012: Could u people just leave pastors alone and make something positive out of your own lives. Or are u people so intellectually bankrupt that you cannot discourse any other thing other than pastors?
I suspect that this poster is a pastor grin grin grin grin
May I tell you why pastors should always be criticised:
1. Because they all tell us about things they know nothing about and package said things as the truth.
2. Because being a pastor is being intellectually bankrupt.
3. Because they decieve people into thinking that there is life after death.
4. Because they have way too much influence over their congregation's lives.
5. Because most of them are in it for the money.
6. But most of all, they are human beings, just like the rest of us. They have no special insight into the human condition.

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by Demdem(m): 4:07pm On Jun 08, 2012
dare2think:

lol,

If I may ask, how do you kno this?

because he is most likely a Pastor grin grin
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by Revolva(m): 4:09pm On Jun 08, 2012
Yornandrew: i am content with what i have from now. i only attend and give to a church that is very much involved in the care of the less priviledge. i attend God Bless Nigeria Church, Isolo that has a rehab centre for drug addicts and an empowerment unit for poor members of the church to offer free business training and finance for businesses in soap making, tailoring, air freshner, hairdressing e.t.c
I may not be a church goer and a very religious person but I will like to give to this church if I am made not doing follow follow about like what all these con artist like sign fireman and others are doing
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by Beautymc(f): 4:16pm On Jun 08, 2012
All this jobless people on NL shuld leave pastors alone. Is not their fault that ur Parents culdn't make it in like. U can't see a rich man children criticising people. U guys shuld face ur life and face ur leaders (government). Perhaps, no pastor will drag u from ur house to come and give him money in the church, u willingly took urself there. Many of u are stagnated as a result of abusing a servant of God. Be wise and leave Pastors with their God b'cos u don't knw more than God. If God doesn't like what they are doing, He has the right to stop them.
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by logicboy: 4:18pm On Jun 08, 2012
Beautymc: All this jobless people on NL shuld leave pastors alone. Is not their fault that ur Parents culdn't make it in like. U can't see a rich man children criticising people. U guys shuld face ur life and face ur leaders (government). Perhaps, no pastor will drag u from ur house to come and give him money in the church, u willingly took urself there. Many of u are stagnated as a result of abusing a servant of God. Be wise and leave Pastors with their God b'cos u don't knw more than God. If God doesn't like what they are doing, He has the right to stop them.

What makes you think that people here on Nairaland are poor? Does the average Nigerian have internet? Does even the average internet service in Nigeria allow for the streaming of videos?

Why should we not criticise pastors who are fraudulent? Are you insane?

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by AkpuNku2: 4:23pm On Jun 08, 2012
Beautymc: All this jobless people on NL shuld leave pastors alone. Is not their fault that ur Parents culdn't make it in like. U can't see a rich man children criticising people. U guys shuld face ur life and face ur leaders (government). Perhaps, no pastor will drag u from ur house to come and give him money in the church, u willingly took urself there. Many of u are stagnated as a result of abusing a servant of God. Be wise and leave Pastors with their God b'cos u don't knw more than God. If God doesn't like what they are doing, He has the right to stop them.

and u what are u doing here on NL, u jobles transgendered
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by DaMayor1: 4:23pm On Jun 08, 2012
"And no marvel; for SATAN HIMSELF is transformed into an angel of light". Therefore [it is] no great thing if HIS MINISTERS also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works....2Chor11:14-15
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by cigie(m): 4:30pm On Jun 08, 2012
Zodiac61:
1. Because they all tell us about things they know nothing about and package said things as the truth.
[bold]3. Because they decieve people into thinking that there is life after death.[/bold]
6. But most of all, they are human beings, just like the rest of us. They have no special insight into the human condition.
hhmmmn shocked
Zodiac61:
[bold]3. Because they decieve people into thinking that there is life after death.[/bold]
hhmmmn
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by Pukkah: 4:42pm On Jun 08, 2012
Zodiac61:
3. Because they decieve people into thinking that there is life after death.

The highlighted is a good summary!
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by Revolva(m): 4:44pm On Jun 08, 2012
logicboy:

What makes you think that people here on Nairaland are poor? Does the average Nigerian have internet? Does even the average internet service in Nigeria allow for the streaming of videos?

Why should we not criticise pastors who are fraudulent? Are you insane?

Guy pls whayt do you mean that the
Average internet service allow the streaming of video so explain
You think people don't waych video from the internet here
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by Pukkah: 4:48pm On Jun 08, 2012

Your unChristian and convoluted post is riddled with too many fallacies some of which have been pointed out to you.

How do you know that all the pastors you're saying people should leave alone are of God? Didn't Jesus say that fake prophets will come after him? Are you saying that all is well with the conduct of pastors and churches in Nigeria?

And please, stop threatening people. It amounts to nothing. You think God will just start to punish people because you want it so? Is that the way He works? There is no pattern of religion in the spread or occurrence of prosperity in life. Simple. God's ways are far too complicated for anybody, not even your pastors, to understand.

2 Likes

Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by fuelsaver: 4:49pm On Jun 08, 2012
Can't you mind your business and do something profitable with your time. Your money doesn't go to church yet the church is not lacking. Every Bible believing Christian knows that when you partner with God through your resources you will be rewarded beyond financial prosperity. Not to give for God's work means ignorance or disobedience to biblical principles. You're wasting your time. Only a fool will obey and follow your counsel rather than God's.The only wise God commanded it. Consider your ways!
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 08, 2012
This issue don do for NL naaa!
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by 2good(m): 4:55pm On Jun 08, 2012

Brainwashed mind. I really pity you!
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 08, 2012
Sweatshirt:
I really don't get the point of these prosperity gospels (By the way; why doesn't the ellipsis work on NL? )

Such pastors make the people in their congregation depend too much on prayer and seed-sowing. I feel like the most ignorant of people rake in the little money they make, 'sow' a seed and pray to magically get rich. Surely this is bad?

I've been to some churches where the topic is usually about sowing seeds and praying against supposed 'spirits' padlocking undecided their luck. I honestly don't think this is healthy for the mind. Why cant the money raised from the seed sowers be used to support familys, education - wise.

And for F*** sake who is this so-called 'enemy' that they waste time praying against cry

Much as I dont like the so called men God, but i dont blame them either. They set up shop and advertize; the foolish buy into it the wise stay away. shikenan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013 / What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? / intimate Perversions That Leads To Hell Christians Should Avoid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.