Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4447755 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 8:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
angelo82:

Its ok.............Thanks for the info..............You can't buy from BDC except electronically..............
I think so
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
Pls was,there an auction today any body in the house
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 8:47pm On Aug 19, 2015
@Akorede612

Rough Calculation.
(1M) with 10% interest rate for 91days.

1,000,000x10/100/4= N25,000 (Tax deductions to included)

Princeuk21
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 19, 2015
manie:

I doubt if it possible to buy at N200 and consistently sell at N1000 for 12 months.

You cannot compare a person who invested 100k in TB with a person who invested 100k into buying and selling, you need to give allowance for his sweat equity. Considering the time, energy and resources required to go and buy shirt in Aba and sell in Jos, I will allocate 200k for sweat equity.

And some of us have valuable things to do with our time rather than buying and selling stuff worth roughly about 100k
Abeg help me ask him ooo! N200/pc t'shirt! Na steal him steal am?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by manie(m): 9:06pm On Aug 19, 2015
Royal155:

It is possible if you have the right information, a Youth Corp member buys suit from from a wholesaler on Broad Street Lagos for 7k and sells same suit for 25k im PH.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 19, 2015
manie:

It is possible if you have the right information, a Youth Corp member buys suit from from a wholesaler on Broad Street Lagos for 7k and sells same suit for 25k im PH.
ok nah!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 9:19pm On Aug 19, 2015
Royal155:
bros u are buying in bulk price at such quantity price should even be below that.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 9:21pm On Aug 19, 2015
manie:

very simple, easy and correct. Information which is put into use is power.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 9:21pm On Aug 19, 2015
7k suit is even expensive........You can get 12$ nice suit but factory price though.............
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by silvoice(m): 10:33pm On Aug 19, 2015
Eh! Don't deviate this thread with all this. Trade talk. Theory is sweet but practical is not as sweet as that ooh. I have been there before. @ all, Abeg when is next. TB auction date pls
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by petikal(m): 11:49pm On Aug 19, 2015
For those who need to know historical and current rates (which CBN website delays in releasing), go to this website and search for NTB Auction, then click on your date of interest.

TBills are usually done roughly every 2 weeks. See attached for August 19th results. You're welcome! grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by silvoice(m): 7:31am On Aug 20, 2015
petikal:
For those who need to know historical and current rates (which CBN website delays in releasing), go to this website and search for NTB Auction, then click on your date of interest.

TBills are usually done roughly every 2 weeks. See attached for August 19th results. You're welcome! grin
thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by exclusiveoloori: 7:46am On Aug 20, 2015
Thanks, @petikal
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 8:54am On Aug 20, 2015
petikal:

Please can I get a link on NTB calender for 4th quarter 2015(September-December2015)
I need it URGENTLY.
Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by poposki33: 9:23am On Aug 20, 2015
ukay2:

Please can I get a link on NTB calender for 4th quarter 2015(September-December2015)
I need it URGENTLY.
Thanks.
go to CBN site
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 9:32am On Aug 20, 2015
poposki33:
go to CBN site

Please I didn't see it in CBN website..
Any link?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by debbydee(f): 10:09am On Aug 20, 2015
Good morning gurus.

i applied for TB @ First bank for 182 days to my amazement the lady at the desk called me yesterday that the one for 182days didn't fly rather 91days which i said no problem this morning my account was credited with 19,621 as against 25,000 which i am expecting. Please can any one clarify this before i go the branch and make some trouble. The capital is 1000000 at 10% from CBN website

Thanks

CC Feelamong
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 10:48am On Aug 20, 2015
debbydee:
Good morning gurus.

i applied for TB @ First bank for 182 days to my amazement the lady at the desk called me yesterday that the one for 182days didn't fly rather 91days which i said no problem this morning my account was credited with 19,621 as against 25,000 which i am expecting. Please can any one clarify this before i go the branch and make some trouble. The capital is 1000000 at 10% from CBN website

Thanks

CC Feelamong

really dont understand what happened in ur account. in Tbills, the govt only takes the discounted amount and leaves you with the balance.

For Yesterday auction, the stop rate for 91days was 10% while the stop rate for 182 days was 13%. there was no auction for 364 days yesterday.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by debbydee(f): 11:26am On Aug 20, 2015
feelamong:

really dont understand what happened in ur account. in Tbills, the govt only takes the discounted amount and leaves you with the balance.

For Yesterday auction, the stop rate for 91days was 10% while the stop rate for 182 days was 13%. there was no auction for 364 days yesterday.

Thanks feelamong i have gone to the branch the rate was 9.85 and they did it for 800k i actually wrote a letter that the capital should be increase with 200k in my account but they did not do that. the letter was written 2weeks before it will elapse.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 12:03pm On Aug 20, 2015
princeuk21:
the truth is " Some investors just don't flow well
with business." Location also plays a Paramount role in any business. what may sell well in kano may not sell very well in Bayelsa. So the fact is to purchase some products with such amount and sell at a fair price for three months after your market research ONLY IF YOU ARE INTERESTED TO DO SO. I got to a level of understanding that the only way one can enjoy NTB is by investing big even if it means Browning Only if you have a good reputation "social capital" and maybe a good asset for collateral.
Now my boss inze said HOW? smiley

MATHS.
Example

91Days NTB.
100,000x10/100/4 = 2500 (No tax deduction made).
2500/3 Months, that means you made 833.3 every month (well its better than the interest in Nigeria bank account smiley )

Now let's say we have a high demand for shirt in Jos and we can buy from Aba Abia state at 200 per piece and sell at 1000 per piece (cost of logistics included in the price).

Shirt N200x4000 PCs =N80,000
maybe cost of logistics = N20,000 (which should be lesser than that price) making a total of N100,000.
If we sell a PCs for N1000x4000 PCs = N4000000-N100,000(Capital) = 3900000 (Profit).

Pls Note this is only for those who are interested in Selling or increasing their fund before investing to enable them increase their financial capacity so as to invest Large in NTB. ( When there is a will then there is a way).

NTB = BIG FUND = BIG PROFIT.

THIS IS ONLY A ROUGH CALCULATION.

PLS THE THREAD IS FOR NTB ALONE AND NOT SELLING. I TAKE A BOW smiley . THANKS

PRINCEUK21

I clap for this magic profit. you have assumed the following

1. all 4,000 clothes will be sold
2. all sold money will be paid without creditors
3. you will not employ any sales person to earn monthly salary
4. if you are to sell them yourself, you will not earn monthly salary for your effort
5. You will not pay shop rent for the sales point
6. if you avoided shop rent, you will not use any mobile vehicle to do the sales
7. you will not pay government tax including local levies
8. all the 4,000 shirts will be at the cost of N200 each without upward variations
9. you will sell each for at least N1,000. anyone that price it down, you wont sell
10. finally, na only you dey for market

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 1:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
unite4real:

4. if you are to sell them yourself, you will not earn monthly salary for your effort
6. if you avoided shop rent, you will not use any mobile vehicle to do the sales
8. all the 4,000 shirts will be at the cost of N200 each without upward variations
9. you will sell each for at least N1,000. anyone that price it down, you wont sell
just like I said its a rough calculation and not even a business plan. (Rough Calculation) those interested should do their Research. if you look at my NTB calculation you will see that I did not include VAT deduction on the profit to show that its a Rough calculation. If one is really interested in making money he or she will sit down and do their research. Hope u get me now bro? @Unite4real
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 1:42pm On Aug 20, 2015
princeuk21:
just like I said its a rough calculation and not even a business plan. (Rough Calculation) those interested should do their Research. if you look at my NTB calculation you will see that I did not include VAT deduction on the profit to show that its a Rough calculation. If one is really interested in making money he or she will sit down and do their research. Hope u get me now bro? @Unite4real

NTB profit is tax free pls.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ferdinand563(m): 3:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
Please I will like 2 kw d new rate for Treasury bills for 91days this August 2015.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 4:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
ferdinand563:
Please I will like 2 kw d new rate for Treasury bills for 91days this August 2015.

10%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ayoto1(m): 4:17pm On Aug 20, 2015
hello guyz im here to help you not to waste your time...cuse ive also been in your position once before... ican teach you how to get 200,000 to

300,000 naira monthly. BY CLICKING ON THE LINK ON MY SIGNATURE OR UNDER MY POST TO GET THE EBOOKS....HURRY NOW BEFORE its to

late. w w w. good fortunebiz dot com

congretulations
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by manie(m): 4:23pm On Aug 20, 2015
ayoto1:
hello guyz im here to help you not to waste your time...cuse ive also been in your position once before... ican teach you how to get 200,000 to

300,000 naira monthly. BY CLICKING ON THE LINK ON MY SIGNATURE OR UNDER MY POST TO GET THE EBOOKS....HURRY NOW BEFORE its to

congretulations

Who is this? please keep your so-called money making secret to yourself.I believe guys on this thread are too wise to fall for this scam.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 4:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Eberex(m): 4:45pm On Aug 20, 2015
ayoto1:

congretulations
undecided

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coderXO(m): 5:04pm On Aug 20, 2015
unite4real:

I clap for you on this rebuttal

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 5:55pm On Aug 20, 2015
Hello guys, I was watching market reports 10am on channels TV and I heard the rate at Which tb for 90days were, traded on the capital market at 14.5%.

Want to ask, if this correlate with tb that are sold on the secondary market and does this rate affect the primary bidding rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by exclusiveoloori: 6:54pm On Aug 20, 2015
@ Eberex you got me laughing real hard with your response
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by poposki33: 8:24pm On Aug 20, 2015
ukay2:

Please I didn't see it in CBN website..
Any link?
you didn't check well
but here is a screenshot

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.