Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,914 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4451550 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (2230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by easyflow: 7:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
Guy is mutual funds better than tbills?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 7:51pm On Aug 19, 2016
feelamong:

Engineer..take am easy....

Just vote with ya feet...look for another account officer in the bank that understands the Tbills well and deal with him

Sir,
Move your money to STANBIC IBTC Bank and bid for yourself...

Once your bid is below CBN stop rate...you will be debited... No stories... Its as simple as ABC...

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 40manlappy: 8:25pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ryder306:

Sir, have u been debited by stanbic? am still waiting for mine.....abi should i be worried

Got debit alerts around noon today from Stanbic IBTC confirming that my 182days bid for 17.25% pa was successful.

ukay2

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EngineerT: 9:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
I opened a 1st bank 4 this purpose now I don't enjoy. Does this mean I have to open an account with stanbic? Oghene.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 10:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
grin grin grin @ feelamong........u r very correct, just like when I wrote jamb 3x....

With ur help ,the voodoo go surely die. On behalf of other members of this thread I wish to thank u immensely for ur support.

I stumbled into this thread some weeks ago, but I already feel I can handle a hedge fund.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 11:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
ukay2:

Sir,
Move your money to STANBIC IBTC Bank and bid for yourself...

Once your bid is below CBN stop rate...you will be debited... No stories... Its as simple as ABC...

whats the minimum one can ibnvest with the bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 11:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
just2endowed:

whats the minimum one can ibnvest with the bank

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 7:21am On Aug 20, 2016
ukay2:

Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kompanie(m): 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
Union Bank requires that bids be submitted latest by 4pm on the Friday before the bid, that is, for the 31st August auction they want to have my instructions by 26th August and that is too early for me to know the best rates to bid with as I'm wary of their own bids.
Stanbic IBTC is their custodial nominee.

I have resigned to their own bids coming next week. But if anyone can advice me on likely best rates, I'll appreciate it.

I also lost out on 15.2% for 119 days in the secondary market. But that's OK,
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FIDELITY24(m): 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2016
Please I need help with this questions about the secondary market. 1) can I buy tbills @ the secondary market anytime or is there any specified date or week like in the primary market. 2)Can I get a 300 day and above tenor in d secondary market, considering d removal of 364 tenor by d CBN. I invested 200K in 182 tenor tbills n it will b maturing on the 1st of Sept, so am goin 2 miss d nxt primary auction.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 12:19pm On Aug 20, 2016
FIDELITY24:
Please I need help with this questions about the secondary market. 1) can I buy tbills @ the secondary market anytime or is there any specified date or week like in the primary market. 2)Can I get a 300 day and above tenor in d secondary market, considering d removal of 364 tenor by d CBN. I invested 200K in 182 tenor tbills n it will b maturing on the 1st of Sept, so am goin 2 miss d nxt primary auction.

YES to all your questions.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FIDELITY24(m): 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2016
Desanta:

YES to all your questions.
Tank yOU!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abimbola01(m): 7:05pm On Aug 20, 2016
NTB Calendar for #rd Quarter

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lilee2hot(f): 7:32pm On Aug 20, 2016
abimbola01:
NTB Calendar for #rd Quarter
Does this mean that there will be 364 in the next auction? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by debeey87(m): 8:34pm On Aug 20, 2016
quertyquack:
How can your interest be more than your principal?
Check your numbers again.
The amount I quoted is how much I expect to be deducted which is the over 170k to get back 200k after 91 days
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by adetolanex: 8:49pm On Aug 20, 2016
@feelamong please advise if 364 days would be available in the next auction based on the events in the previous bid.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2016
adetolanex:
@feelamong please advise if 364 days would be available in the next auction based on the events in the previous bid.

It will surely be available. Get prepared to do your bidding
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 21, 2016
Bold - CAPFIS Enterprise Ltd is a renowned growing organization that sprung from Bold Support Services, a “think tank” organization based in Nigeria. Bold CAPFIS Enterprise Ltd is created to engage 34,000 youths into cassava cultivation program. The farms will be situated in the following states; Anambra, Bayelsa, Rivers, Ebonyi, Imo, Ondo, Cross River, Delta, Akwa-Ibom, Ekiti, Kogi, Taraba, Niger, Benue, Kaduna, Ogun and Edo State mainly because of the soil advantage. The selected participants will be given two weeks intensive training on mechanized cassava production. Bold CAPFIS shall also allot 5 hectares to each and every one of them after they have undergone their preparatory course, and establish solar powered cassava flour, chips, starch and chips processing centers in each state to commercialize the farm outputs for local consumption and export.

The ration of participants will be 30% to 70%, 30% goes to the indigenes of the State where the lands are situated, and 70% will be distributed equally amongst the participants that were successfully selected from the remaining 36 states of the Federation.

At the end of the harvest (8-9months), each farmer will earn a sum of N1,000,000.00 as a reward for monitoring and nurturing their farmland. Sign up for CAPFIS now.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 6:14am On Aug 21, 2016
debeey87:
To aid my understanding,I'll like to paint a scenario about buying in the next a auction.

I was told by stanbic d 91days rate for d next auction is 14.99%. I plan getting 200k for instance on the day of maturity.

From my understanding, I'll be buying with 170020 naira to get d 200k at the end of the 91days.

Pls my ogas here, make una tell me whether my analysis is right cos I plan buying in the next offer.

Thanks

Interest is per annum so your calculation is wrong.

You will be needing to invest 192,505 to get your 200,000 at maturity. You would have been correct if the investment was for 364 days. But for 91 days, you should divide your annual interest by 4.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by otokx(m): 7:44am On Aug 21, 2016
FIDELITY24:

The quote we got from secondary market last week was very discouraging; 12.7% for 72 days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 8:56am On Aug 21, 2016
otokx:

The quote we got from secondary market last week was very discouraging; 12.7% for 72 days.

Does it mean primary market rate will drop?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 4:11pm On Aug 21, 2016
"Bonds & TBills yields expected to expand next week"
- Channels tv

What are we expecting?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 8:45pm On Aug 21, 2016
Acidosis:
"Bonds & TBills yields expected to expand next week"

- Channels tv

What are we expecting?

Are we expecting high yield. I am doing next auction by God grace

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by brainhack(m): 9:08pm On Aug 21, 2016
easyflow:
Guy is mutual funds better than tbills?

Presently interest rates on Tbills are better than what is available on mutual funds. As at friday, StanbicIBTC Money market rate was 11.5% (its raising though).

I lost my bid for 364 days on Wednesday (i'm a first timer grin), I transferred my funds back to money market.

For me, ease of access takes a slight preeminence over interest rate. Not sure of how easy it is to recover funds in TBills without waiting out the tenure but with StanbicIBTC MM i have my cash within 24hrs.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chukzyfcb(m): 1:23am On Aug 22, 2016
brainhack:

Presently interest rates on Tbills are better than what is available on mutual funds. As at friday, StanbicIBTC Money market rate was 11.5% (its raising though).

I lost my bid for 364 days on Wednesday (i'm a first timer grin), I transferred my funds back to money market.

For me, ease of access takes a slight preeminence over interest rate. Not sure of how easy it is to recover funds in TBills without waiting out the tenure but with StanbicIBTC MM i have my cash within 24hrs.

lucky you, first bank money market last months rate was at 9%; up until now I have been at a cross road with the online customer support sevie. their feedback is very poor, for bout 2wks now i have been trying to get funds out of it to cash in on tbills rate but them just dey weak my soul. ease of recovering funds with them is very poooooor,
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by brainhack(m): 7:16am On Aug 22, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

lucky you, first bank money market last months rate was at 9%; up until now I have been at a cross road with the online customer support sevie. their feedback is very poor, for bout 2wks now i have been trying to get funds out of it to cash in on tbills rate but them just dey weak my soul. ease of recovering funds with them is very poooooor,

I follow my money bumper to bumper. If StanbicIBTC asset management want to even think of slacking i change them like TM Shirt, no time.

StanbicIBTC MM services has been quite satisfactory, ARM's account opening form na just to reach hand i don fill am but they have been giving me all the right reasons not to.

Maybe you should try escalating your disatisfaction with Firstbank MM services to a mid-level staff.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 5:23pm On Aug 22, 2016
@feelamong , where do i get money market updates..............
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SWG1: 6:06pm On Aug 22, 2016
Pls can I terminate my Treasury bill b4 maturity.
One fellow in diamond bank is telling me I can't terminate it cos it's CBN but I insisted I bought it from their secondary market (@ 8% for 181 days). She reluctantly accepted to patch my letter through to their head quarters.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by confluence: 6:20pm On Aug 22, 2016
I bought at the secondary market @ 15% for 182 days last week Thursday after missing out at the primary auction by a margin .28%

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:56pm On Aug 22, 2016
confluence:
I bought at the secondary market @ 15% for 182 days last week Thursday after missing out at the primary auction by a margin .28%

Which bank did you buy from in the secondary market?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by easysunny(m): 9:08pm On Aug 22, 2016
Pls when is next auction coming up?
Also has anyone bought the TB through Fidelity Bank, because I have account with them. What was the experience?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chikebrain: 12:42am On Aug 23, 2016
Just reading this thread and it's been quite informative. I put some huge spare cash in fixed deposit only to be told that TB is better. I spoke with my bank (Access bank) and they gave me 13.5% on TB.
I'd like the gurus in the house to put me right by answering below questions
1. For primary bids, can I speak with my bank on the percentage I want.
2. When is the next bid date
3. So percentage can I bid with
4. Is it wise to leave bidding to my account officer

Thanks as I impatiently wait for your response

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (2230) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.