Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4429781 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 7:06pm On Aug 25, 2016
19% - 365* days for me or nothing! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by puna: 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2016
Acidosis:

19% - 365* days for me or nothing! grin grin

think that's on the high side...considering the 18

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 7:24pm On Aug 25, 2016
puna:

think that's on the high side...considering the 18
Hmnn
Just kidding anyway. Pease is tomorrow the final day for bidding?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tunene66: 7:39pm On Aug 25, 2016
Acidosis:

Hmnn

Just kidding anyway. Pease is tomorrow the final day for bidding?

The final day of bidding is normally the day before auction. In this case August 31
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 7:59pm On Aug 25, 2016
feelamong:
Would ask my bankers for this programme by morrow...

Meanwhile rates are not looking too good in the secondary markets..

Waiting for CBN OMO to clean up this excess liquidity as we also expect the FAAC money to hit the systems too next week.

Thanks my oga....hope there will be 1yr NTB by September after this one on 1st September. .my 1yr NTB last year matures 2nd September ...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 8:11pm On Aug 25, 2016
tunene66:

The final day of bidding is normally the day before auction. In this case August 31

Oh thank you bro!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 7:22am On Aug 26, 2016
@ feelamong
Please what's the current rate of bond and how do I go about it?
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 8:58am On Aug 26, 2016
DMerciful:
@ feelamong
Please what's the current rate of bond and how do I go about it?
Thanks

i suggest you speak to your bankers or any investment house that deals on bonds
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abimbola01(m): 11:13am On Aug 26, 2016
Hi all,
If I invest in treasury bills through a bank, say for example XYZ Bank.
If XYZ Bank should liquidate or go under. How do I get my money back ?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by poxibility: 11:21am On Aug 26, 2016
@SuccessGee and @ummitoagirl,

Could you please share with the house, August 31st TB bid rates as advised by Standard Chartered Bank and Eco Bank respectively?

Thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 11:28am On Aug 26, 2016
abimbola01:
Hi all,
Thanks

Your TB is kept with a custodian. The bank is just an agent for collection and payment. That's the reason for the payment of custodianship fee when you invest in a TB

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 11:50am On Aug 26, 2016
feelamong:
Would ask my bankers for this programme by morrow...

Meanwhile rates are not looking too good in the secondary markets..

Waiting for CBN OMO to clean up this excess liquidity as we also expect the FAAC money to hit the systems too next week.

Pls my oga.....still waiting for the CBN NTB programme for the 4th quarter...

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EngineerT: 12:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
i have made a decision to be involved with the next NTB using 1st bank. Feelamong, and the house, is Tuesday a good time enough to send my letter of instruction? and what will the recommended rate for a 91-day tenure be in the light of the forex scarcity to shore up funds for government projects in Nigeria?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Babalakin(m): 12:36pm On Aug 26, 2016
@feelamong good, morning. Please I contacted fidelity securities Ltd yesterday via email and I was sent 2 forms to fill and scan back to them. They gave me their account number to forward the money I wish to invest .I intend to buy 91days Tbills and I was informed it's 14%..I'm thinking of going with them if my bank ,GT fails to let my bid go through next week.what do u think, hope they wouldn't run with my money? It's huge smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by easysunny(m): 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2016
Pls house, is there any bank that accept less than N1m to bid for TB? I have been to 3 banks I have account with : Fidelity, Zenith & Access but the first 2 require minimum of N1m. However Access accepts less than that but only offers secondary market @ rate of 13% for 83 days tenor.
I needed to bid in the primary market for this next window.
If there is any other bank that accept less amount, can you tell me.
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jaybee3(m): 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2016
We must make this money

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by munezo(m): 3:01pm On Aug 26, 2016
easysunny:
Pls house, is there any bank that accept less than N1m to bid for TB? I have been to 3 banks I have account with : Fidelity, Zenith & Access but the first 2 require minimum of N1m. However Access accepts less than that but only offers secondary market @ rate of 13% for 83 days tenor.
I needed to bid in the primary market for this next window.
If there is any other bank that accept less amount, can you tell me.
Thanks

Please go to Stanbic IBTC, they accept from 100k upwards and you are at liberty to bid by yourself

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nuchinova(m): 5:14pm On Aug 26, 2016
Can someone explain this treasury bill for me, pls
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by easyflow: 5:50pm On Aug 26, 2016
nuchinova:
Can someone explain this treasury bill for me, pls

Read from the first page.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 6:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
abimbola01:
Hi all,
Thanks

I have always had this question in mind......i bank with skyebank...and ive been hearing so many stories about them recently. the CBN takeover worsened everything and i already have 182days NTB running through them.

please,this is not to distract us from the main issue this week,which is the new rates for aug 29th, but can someone throw more light on this issue....... should a bank or finance house through which u buy TB fold up, what happens. yes we know our money is with the federal govt, how do we get it back. mind u......a custodian bank can also fold up.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by easyflow: 6:23pm On Aug 26, 2016
Nigeria plans to offer 212.85 billion naira ($675 million) in Treasury bills maturing between 91-days and 1-year on Aug. 31, the central bank said on Friday.

The bank said it will sell 45.85 billion naira worth of the 91-day bills, 62 billion naira of the 182-day paper and 105 billion naira of the 1-year debt.

Payment for the purchase will be effected on Thursday, the bank said in a public notice.

Nigeria, Africa’s top crude producer, issues treasury bills to raise cash to fund the government budget deficit, help manage banking system liquidity and curb rising inflation.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 6:27pm On Aug 26, 2016
Thanks.....filled the form....will wait for the auction abi na coupon self grin
feelamong:

i suggest you speak to your bankers or any investment house that deals on bonds
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by easyflow: 6:30pm On Aug 26, 2016
Nigeria’s overnight naira interbank lending rate closed around the 20 percent level on Friday, a range it has traded all week because of low liquidity and the central bank’s cash withdrawal through treasury bills sales, traders said.

The central bank sold 71.6 billion naira ($227.48 million) in 195-day open market operation (OMO) treasury bills at 18 percent on Friday to reduce liquidity in the banking system in its bid to support the naira.

The local currency closed flat at 305 to the dollar on the official interbank market, but fell to a new record low of 412 to the dollar on the parallel market.

However, traders said that the expectation of the disbursal of July’s budgetary allocation to government agencies helped to calm the market.

“The market traded in anticipation of the release of the July budget allocations to states and local government, which hopefully should hit the system by Monday,” one dealer said.

Nigeria’s distributable revenues to the three tiers of government fell in July to around 494 billion naira after 559 billion naira in June as militant attacks hit oil revenues, the Finance Ministry said on Thursday.

Traders said interbank rates should trade at the 16 percent level by next week once July’s budget allocations enter the banking system.

Nigeria, Africa’s top crude producer, distributes revenues from oil exports and taxes among its three tiers – federal, state and local – every month. The portions for states and local governments pass through the banking system and boosts liquidity as they spend the money.

Market liquidity stood at 62 billion naira on Friday, but is expected to rise in the coming days after the budget disbursal, traders said.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by easyflow: 6:31pm On Aug 26, 2016
Oga feelamong what's the indication of the above
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 5:48pm On Aug 27, 2016
the thread is too quiet nah................wetin happen................ shocked shocked shocked

anyways who was asking for calendar.......sheck....dis wan....

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 6:06pm On Aug 27, 2016
this may help the newbies.............

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2016
zamirikpo:
this may help the newbies.............

Thanks my oga
Pls I need the 4th quarter CBN NTB programme, not 3rd quarter.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sylverly(m): 11:30am On Aug 28, 2016
please house, has anyone idea what MMM investment is all about. someone spoke to me about it, but not in detail. just told me that u cn earn about 30% interest of ur capital in one month
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 28, 2016
Sylverly:
please house, has anyone idea what MMM investment is all about. someone spoke to me about it, but not in detail. just told me that u cn earn about 30% interest of ur capital in one month
Go and search their thread so you can get the information that you seek. Here is for T.BILLS investment, not for Money Making Machine.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sylverly(m): 12:11pm On Aug 28, 2016
Royal155:
Go and search their thread so you can get the information that you seek. Here is for T.BILLS investment, Morning Making Machine.
lol...just a little knowledge, not planning to hijack this platform
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by easyflow: 12:41pm On Aug 28, 2016
Sylverly:
lol...just a little knowledge, not planning to hijack this platform

You will definitely get more than the little knowledge you seek, on their thread. Here is strictly for Tbills. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2016
Sylverly:

It is a game not a business. so play it the way you play nijabet if at all you do. it is not a business as it has failed over time. it has failed in Russia where it started in 1993, it failed in America and the md convicted and jailed, it failed in india, china and southafrica. what surprised me is that it does not last upto 3yrs. many have committed suicide when it closed in other countries because the played the game with all they have. PLEASE PLAY YOUR GAME WISELY.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: harrisonxury and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.