Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4442005 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 9:06am On Sep 03, 2016
Sylverly:
please what's the minimum amount for diamond bank tbill

Contact their customer service
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sylverly(m): 10:05am On Sep 03, 2016
olujaidi:

Contact their customer service
thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FKBZ: 10:26am On Sep 03, 2016
Hello house...

I know this recession is good for us that are into bills cos it means higher rate....but am scared sha...did 1year around July and I pray I won't hear story that touch oooo when its time to remit...this one govt is broke...lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibukun003(m): 11:04am On Sep 03, 2016
FKBZ:
...but am scared sha...did 1year around July and I pray I won't hear story that touch oooo when its time to remit...this one govt is broke...lol
No cause to fear.

The probability of government to default is very low.
T. Bills is safe.

Government would always pay back.
Even if it involves them borrowing again to pay.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TopKol: 3:25pm On Sep 03, 2016
When is the next TB date?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kelvinodum(m): 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2016
godash:
Hello house,

From my search, I saw a detailed CBN rate guide that says commission to buy Treasury Bills for customers is 0.125℅ of the yield. But that was a 2013 document and might be dated.

What is the commissions your bank's are charging you for Treasury bill purchase? Can you also state with bank it is?

Also, are there any other fees associated with Treasury bill purchases?

Thanks in advance.

Diamond bank also debited me 500 naira for TBill's auction commission as well as custody fee ,I never heard of auction commission tho
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by inze(m): 11:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
Sylverly:
please what's the minimum amount for diamond bank tbill

. . . 100,000 Naira
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 04, 2016
I got a credit alert from skye bank INTEREST ON BANKERS ACCEPTANCE, Please is this the same as Treasury Bill ? What i book was treasury bill.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sylverly(m): 11:04am On Sep 04, 2016
inze:

. . . 100,000 Naira
thanks alot
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 04, 2016
Tritri:
I got a credit alert from skye bank INTEREST ON BANKERS ACCEPTANCE, Please is this the same as Treasury Bill ? What i book was treasury bill.

@Feelamong
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 04, 2016
urgent buyer for two plots of land measuring 648msq. at treasure parks and gardens (golf & estate)phase 1 ext.,shimawa,behind redemption camp,off lagos-ibadan express road.currently been sold at 4,000,000 per plot by adron homes properties and estimated to sell for 6,000,000 before year end.each plot is going for a discounted rate of 3M per plot for any interested person.title doc available are,a duly executed purchase receipt,deed of contract,deed of lease/deed of assignment,survey plan,letter of plot allocation,land covered with global certificate of occupancy.price negotiable!
HURRY call/whatsapp 08034637732
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ummitoagirl(f): 11:22am On Sep 04, 2016
4th Quarter. ...

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ummitoagirl(f): 11:23am On Sep 04, 2016
Pdf attached.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 4:51pm On Sep 04, 2016
I
got a credit alert from skye bank INTEREST ON BANKERS ACCEPTANCE, Please is this the same as Treasury Bill ? What i book was treasury bill.

Yes....its dsame, I got exactly same SMS...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gory24: 6:41pm On Sep 04, 2016
Good day to all the great Users on this thread..Please does any one know the next primary auction date? I intend purchasing TBILLS in the next primary auction..Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by paix(m): 7:05pm On Sep 04, 2016
With10 million Naira, should I invest it in T-bill or buy a house? How much is my ROI after one year if I go for the T-bill?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibukun003(m): 8:01pm On Sep 04, 2016
paix:
With10 million Naira, should I invest it in T-bill or buy a house? How much is my ROI after one year if I go for the T-bill?

My simply view:

If buying a house, you would be buying both land and house.
Both appreciates greatly. You could use house for rent if you don't plan moving-in immediately.
N.B. Authenticate the location of the house/land and the genuineness of the documents.
A good location like urban areas would yield better returns and vice versa.

On the other hand. T.Bills would be suitable for cash you have no plans for presently and you want a better returns for it.

In summary, REAL ESTATE gives a better returns than T.bills.

However, I'll suggest you create another thread on Investment because this is for T.bills.
My 2 cents.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 8:44pm On Sep 04, 2016
ummitoagirl:
Pdf attached.

Thanks. ..have been waiting for this calender...

So I go for 22-9-16 for 1 year....NTB

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nikayy: 10:41pm On Sep 04, 2016
Please somebody explain to me what happens if you don't hold up to the tenor! How much will I loose?
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 2:22am On Sep 05, 2016
Hello everyone, pls I have 5m that is lying idle in diamond bank and will like to play around with treasury bill. Pls what can I make in 6months in treasury bill with my 5m. Also I need to know how it works. Someone should pls teach me.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:20am On Sep 05, 2016
needful:
Hello everyone, pls I have 5m that is lying idle in diamond bank and will like to play around with treasury bill. Pls what can I make in 6months in treasury bill with my 5m. Also I need to know how it works. Someone should pls teach me.

Speak to your bankers...

at 17.5% (182 days) Tbills your upfront Interest is close to N436K cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:27am On Sep 05, 2016
kelvinodum:

Diamond bank also debited me 500 naira for TBill's auction commission as well as custody fee ,I never heard of auction commission tho

I think its important to put the charges for Tbills into proper perspective...

CBN approved 3 charges for Tbills Auction

Transaction Charge - 0.125% of the Earned Interest

Custody Fee - 0.1% of the Face value *no of days the Tbills is held in a year

Some Banks also charge N100 service charge per transaction

So If was Investing N1m for 91 days at 9.5% the charges will be

Transaction Charge - 0.125/100 * 23,684.93 = 29.61

Custody fee - N1,000,000 *0.1/100 *30/365 *3 = 246.58

Bank Charge per Transaction - N100

Total Charges = 376.18

(Note that The Discount Rate and Tenor also affects the charges)

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 05, 2016
Could you guys believe that since I started investing in T.Bills with a particular bank branch, nothing has been deducted as custodian charge or commission after a successful bidding?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:44am On Sep 05, 2016
Royal155:
Could you guys believe that since I started investing in T.Bills with a particular bank branch, nothing has been deducted as custodian charge or commission after a successful bidding?

I have also noticed that in some banks....

Obviously it may be due to the fact that they did not buy the Bills in your name and as such do not have to incur a separate Custody Charge when warehousing the Bills with the custodian..

This practise should be common with the banks that insist on everyone going with their own rates
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 05, 2016
feelamong:

I have also noticed that in some banks....

Obviously it may be due to the fact that they did not buy the Bills in your name and as such do not have to incur a separate Custody Charge when warehousing the Bills with the custodian..
Hmmm! Was even thinking maybe they don't know about those charges. Anyway, mek I no talk again before dem go wake up.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ummitoagirl(f): 10:15am On Sep 05, 2016
On my little investment, I have been charged up to N8000 in terms of charges. I will post a picture of how they broke it down for me.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ummitoagirl(f): 10:23am On Sep 05, 2016
Attached.... all is calculated on the face value of the investment... not the gains.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 11:03am On Sep 05, 2016
feelamong:

I think its important to put the charges for Tbills into proper perspective...

CBN approved 3 charges for Tbills Auction

Transaction Charge - 0.125% of the Earned Interest

Custody Fee - 0.1% of the Face value *no of days the Tbills is held in a year

Some Banks also charge N100 service charge per transaction

So If was Investing N1m for 91 days at 9.5% the charges will be

Transaction Charge - 0.125/100 * 23,684.93 = 29.61

Custody fee - N1,000,000 *0.1/100 *30/365 *3 = 246.58

Bank Charge per Transaction - N100

Total Charges = 376.18

(Note that The Discount Rate and Tenor also affects the charges)

In my experience, some banks don't charge any of thes and some banks charge only the custodianship fee. I think that, for secondary market purchases, the charges differ. The Guide to Bank charges should have the authorised charges.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 11:05am On Sep 05, 2016
ummitoagirl:
Attached.... all is calculated on the face value of the investment... not the gains.

Face value includes gains. You buy TBs at a discount.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by paix(m): 11:48am On Sep 05, 2016
Ibukun003:

My simply view:

If buying a house, you would be buying both land and house.
Both appreciates greatly. You could use house for rent if you don't plan moving-in immediately.
N.B. Authenticate the location of the house/land and the genuineness of the documents.
A good location like urban areas would yield better returns and vice versa.

On the other hand. T.Bills would be suitable for cash you have no plans for presently and you want a better returns for it.

In summary, REAL ESTATE gives a better returns than T.bills.

However, I'll suggest you create another thread on Investment because this is for T.bills.
My 2 cents.
Thanks very much.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by onair: 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2016
Initially, First Bank charges 0,125% commission fees and 0.10% custodian fees on TBills. But now, a transaction flat rate fee of #100 and 5% VAT has been added to the above two charges. This to me is rather on a high side.

Now 5% VAT on Tbills? What? With the 5% VAT charge by First Bank the advantage that TBills had over Fixed Deposits is defeated as TBills aint got no VAT charges before.

Also, recently in the last one month, First Bank is the most unreliable bank to bid for Tbills as their bids always fail for at least 2 tenors out of the 3 tenors. I dont know if it is intentional. GTB is also unreliable. Yet other banks like Stanbic, Diamond etc are doing well.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Shakitibob0: 10:38pm On Sep 05, 2016
Please when is the next auction date?

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: ixyi(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.