Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4429646 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by munezo(m): 9:59am On Mar 01, 2017
It will be really sad if they increased the minimum amount for Treasury Bills henceforth, but if we can get at a good rate from the secondary market, it will still be cool.

The new Savings Bond will also stand as a good option.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 10:06am On Mar 01, 2017
feelamong:

You dont actually have to hold for the period..

It is expected to trade like shares on the floor of the exchange. That is why Stock brokers are being involved in this now.

Considering how much many of us fear these brokers...anyway it would be in my CSCS statements

yeah, thats true. what i mean is, how many small investors doing little money will do trading on the floor.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 01, 2017
feelamong:

You dont actually have to hold for the period..

It is expected to trade like shares on the floor of the exchange. That is why Stock brokers are being involved in this now.

Considering how much many of us fear these brokers...anyway it would be in my CSCS statements
Those this mean TBILLS is no longer available to To someone with 10 million?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 10:22am On Mar 01, 2017
Osahon7:
Those this mean TBILLS is no longer available to To someone with 10 million?

yes. even some one with 49.9 million cant also do the treasury bill

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 01, 2017
unite4real:

yes. even some one with 49.9 million cant also do the treasury bill
but why will CBN make such decision?? Damn!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 10:29am On Mar 01, 2017
Osahon7:
but why will CBN make such decision?? Damn!

lol. upper class agenda

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 01, 2017
unite4real:

lol. upper class agenda
the exact reason why the rich keeps getting richer and the poor getting poorer!

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 10:37am On Mar 01, 2017
Osahon7:
the exact reason why the rich keeps getting richer and the poor getting poorer!

EXACTLY WHY WE ALL NEED TO GET RICH....OR DIE TRYING cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kingsilly(m): 10:40am On Mar 01, 2017
feelamong:

Sent you a mail
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 01, 2017
feelamong:

Yes o! #TEAMGETTINGRICH...so far it's Legit no wahala! Abeg how far this fixed deposit?? That's my only option now! Can I get an intrest rate of 15percent if I fix 11Million for one year??

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 10:48am On Mar 01, 2017
kingsilly:

Sent you a mail

baba I never see ya mail o!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 10:49am On Mar 01, 2017
Osahon7:
Yes o! #TEAMGETTINGRICH...so far it's Legit no wahala! Abeg how far this fixed deposit?? That's my only option now! Can I get an intrest rate of 15percent if I fix 11Million for one year??

Not sure you would with any big bank...maybe with the Micro finance banks..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 10:50am On Mar 01, 2017
Just got this from one of my brokers;

Dear Investor,
This is to bring to your notice that the Debt Management Office (DMO), on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN), wishes to introduce a retail savings product that will be accessible to all income groups Known as the Federal Government of Nigeria Savings Bond (FGNSB).
1. Commencement Date
• Offer will be opened on Monday, March 13, 2017 and will run for 5 days.
2. Purpose
• To deepen the national savings culture
• To provide opportunity to all citizens irrespective of income level to contribute to national Development
• To enable all citizens participate and benefit from the favourable returns available in the Capital Market
• To diversify funding sources for the government
3. Benefits
• Interest income is paid quarterly directly into the bond holders account
• The bond is acceptable as collateral for loans by banks and can be sold for cash in the secondary market before maturity
• Good for savings towards retirement, marriage, school fees, house projects, etc.
• Safety: backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal Government of Nigeria
4. Features
• The product will be issued monthly in tenors of 2 and 3 years, with quarterly payment of interest to investors
• The product will be offered to the investing public through offer for subscription at an interest rate to be announced by the DMO
• The offer for subscription will be open for 5 days from the date of announcement.
• Minimum subscription amount is NGN5,000 with additions in multiples of NGN1,000, subject to a maximum of NGN50,000,000
• The bond is backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal Government of Nigeria.

5. Subscription Mode
• Investors are to subscribe through stockbroking firms trading on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and accredited by the DMO to act as distribution agents (visit www.dmo.gov.ng for the list of accredited stockbroking firms).

6. New Market Structure
In view of this addition to the FGN securities market, the new market structure for the FGN securities market will be as follows:
Ø FGN Savings Bonds – minimum subscription N5,000, maximum N50,000,000
Ø Nigerian Treasury Bills – minimum subscription N50,001,000
Ø FGN Bonds – minimum subscription N50,001,000.
Please note that the new market structure takes effect from March 6, 2017.

Kind Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 01, 2017
feelamong:

Not sure you would with any big bank...maybe with the Micro finance banks..
Thanks Sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ozymes: 11:34am On Mar 01, 2017
feelamong:

Dear Investor,
This is to bring to your notice that the Debt Management Office (DMO), on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN), wishes to introduce a retail savings product that will be accessible to all income groups Known as the Federal Government of Nigeria Savings Bond (FGNSB).
1. Commencement Date
2. Purpose
• To provide opportunity to all citizens irrespective of income level to contribute to national Development
• To enable all citizens participate and benefit from the favourable returns available in the Capital Market
3. Benefits
• The bond is acceptable as collateral for loans by banks and can be sold for cash in the secondary market before maturity
• Good for savings towards retirement, marriage, school fees, house projects, etc.
• Safety: backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal Government of Nigeria
4. Features
• The product will be issued monthly in tenors of 2 and 3 years, with quarterly payment of interest to investors
• The product will be offered to the investing public through offer for subscription at an interest rate to be announced by the DMO
• The offer for subscription will be open for 5 days from the date of announcement.
• Minimum subscription amount is NGN5,000 with additions in multiples of NGN1,000, subject to a maximum of NGN50,000,000
• The bond is backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal Government of Nigeria.

5. Subscription Mode
• Investors are to subscribe through stockbroking firms trading on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and accredited by the DMO to act as distribution agents (visit www.dmo.gov.ng for the list of accredited stockbroking firms).

6. New Market Structure
In view of this addition to the FGN securities market, the new market structure for the FGN securities market will be as follows:

Kind Regards.
So, what is the rate of the savings bond
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
when I was planning to start NTB next month.

Arrgghhh

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 12:06pm On Mar 01, 2017
feelamong:

Dear Investor,
1. Commencement Date
2. Purpose
3. Benefits
4. Features

5. Subscription Mode

6. New Market Structure

Kind Regards.

lets not jump into conclusion so fast, from what i understand about NTB...individuals ordinarily cannot apply directly unless they have a minimum of 150m......thats y we go through the banks or financial houses , and what the banks do is to compile a list of applicants.....then apply to the CBN......on our behalf, minimum investments varied with the different banks. So now if this new policy is stating 50m minimum.....how does that affect us when ordinarily we dont apply individually or r u guys saying that the banks would require u to have 50m before u can put in an application at the bank level.

fidelity securities and other finance houses could as well collect peoples money and invest in d NTB primary market.......without any wahala just like they have always done . or r we saying that the finance houses would no longer offer such services unless we apply with 50m.

as individuals we dont subscribe directly to CBN.....and from what i read above ,minimum subscription to the CBN on NTB is 50m.

i would like answers and clarifications on my observations.

21 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Uzee24: 1:07pm On Mar 01, 2017
zamirikpo:

lets not jump into conclusion so fast, from what i understand about NTB...individuals ordinarily cannot apply directly unless they have a minimum of 150m......thats y we go through the banks or financial houses , and what the banks do is to compile a list of applicants.....then apply to the CBN......on our behalf, minimum investments varied with the different banks. So now if this new policy is stating 50m minimum.....how does that affect us when ordinarily we dont apply individually or r u guys saying that the banks would require u to have 50m before u can put in an application at the bank level.

fidelity securities and other finance houses could as well collect peoples money and invest in d NTB primary market.......without any wahala just like they have always done . or r we saying that the finance houses would no longer offer such services unless we apply with 50m.

as individuals we dont subscribe directly to CBN.....and from what i read above ,minimum subscription to the CBN on NTB is 50m.

I think I would like to align myself with your position. If NTB is truely a mechanism for checking liquidity in the system, then i see no reason why the CBN and other agencies would want to freeze out the common man in whos hands the monies they are try to control are. Ur view about it being the banks an not individuals is quite reasonable. We contribute to the banks and they apply to the CBN, and I think that accounts for the reason why many banks have varying amount they accept for TB investment.
Really, how many Nigerians have the 50M to invest at once in TB. Dat alone will also raise the eyes of the EFCC et al on such people as to their source of funding which most of them would not want.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by slimtriggaman: 1:30pm On Mar 01, 2017
Drum rolls......rates are rolling in...whoever gets the stop rates info should please share..thanks!!! grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukwuwike2ny(m): 1:33pm On Mar 01, 2017
Hello,

Do you have a Volkwagen Vanagon bus? Are you looking for an Honest person to manage your bus? Or are you intrested in getting into passsenger Transport Business?

Owning a 14 sitter Volkwagen Vanagon can be a money spinner if managed by Experienced. And Honest Person.

I have 1 that is mine and 2 others that I manage for people, and business is doing very good.

I thought I can earn more if I increase the number of buses I'm managing. So this is an opportunity for anyone who own or want to own a 14 sitter Volkwagen Vanagon.

Ajah-lekki is where my buses are plying and that's where all others will be plying too.

And like already stated, maintenance is on us and we pay N100K per Month

Or make guaranteed 5% ROI every month + 10% Principal/Capital Amortization/Repayment
Per month when you Part-finance the purchase of a bus.

This is the best offer you can get anywhere!!!

My contacts:
Click2ny@gmail.com
BBPin:2895029

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Houstency(m): 1:33pm On Mar 01, 2017
zamirikpo:

Well said boss. I hope your observation holds true. Regards

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
zamirikpo:

There is good logic and sense in this your angle. I think people that might have problems will be those that want to specify a rate for the banks. Banks can pool the funds and bid as one entity and then allocate to individuals that indicated interest.

In the last auction, i did through Gtbank with bank rate and i was debited after the auction even though i submitted my instruction letter 4 days before the bid date. For Today's own, iam doing it at Stanbic and i filled the form last Friday, February 24 with bank rate but i noticed that on Monday this week, the amount i specified was placed on hold in my account. This is making me to believe this your theory.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 2:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
I have sent a mail to DMO and waiting to clear the air on all these confusion they are trying put us into.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 1wolex85: 5:01pm On Mar 01, 2017
If your bid was 17% for 182 days, it went through. Diamond just debited a friend

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 5:03pm On Mar 01, 2017
Finally opened the Thread on Bitcoins..

Please you can join us there for more discussion on Bitcoins

https://www.nairaland.com/3657807/bitcoins-all-bitcoins-investment-bitcoin#54175995

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 01, 2017
I went with bank rate, stanbic ibtc, I've been debited, though the guy in charge told me 17.1 for 182 days tenure, I'm yet to confirm the rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 40manlappy: 10:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
bmdflo:
I went with bank rate, stanbic ibtc, I've been debited, though the guy in charge told me 17.1 for 182 days tenure, I'm yet to confirm the rate.

Any idea on 364 days?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PeterKbaba: 6:45am On Mar 02, 2017
Did anyone get debited from GTBank?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PeterKbaba: 6:45am On Mar 02, 2017
Did anyone get debited from GTBank?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by logoscope(m): 8:28am On Mar 02, 2017
olujaidi:

Those rates up there are still poorer than the true yield of 182 and 364 day tenors. Plus you get your interest upfront which you can reinvest I.e. compound. With an MMF you get your interest at the end of a quarter.

The other advantage of an MMF is that you can start with as little as 5k. What one can do is to use an MMF to build up funds to a sizeable amount then withdraw to do TB. The returns are far better than FD and savings accounts.
Pls what is MMF? I have spare cash to invest. I was thinking of doing FD, until I saw this post.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by logoscope(m): 8:43am On Mar 02, 2017
unite4real:

You may be safe with 13.6%. Your interest will be N3,400. Happy investing
Pls explain, I tot d interest should be N13,600. I'm new to TB though.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 9:08am On Mar 02, 2017
logoscope:

Pls what is MMF? I have spare cash to invest. I was thinking of doing FD, until I saw this post.

Please read the posts and discussion subsequent to that one

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: enque(f), hollerbaby and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.