Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4441816 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 9:09pm On Aug 17, 2017
Magnifico2000:

This is the day that my tb will mature but i want to terminate b4 that time. 30dats have already gone ot of it. Will it b easy to liquidate.
If it's with FBN and not more than a million naira, I might be able to buy it off you at the current rate.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 9:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
unite4real:

You will be scheduled for the next auction in 2 weeks time. Sorry you went late.

You can't be too sure about that with stanbic. He may be lucky especially if he went very early yesterday
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Magnifico2000: 9:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
Desanta:

If it's with FBN and not more than a million naira, I might be able to buy it off you at the current rate.
And how do u intend to buy it? Since the money will be paid to my account at maturity date?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 9:37pm On Aug 17, 2017
Gavrelino123:

Lol.... you are wrong again....you can't get 182 days for 18% with GTBANK..... You can only get 18% and above for 364 days Primary Markets... I'm 100% sure of this....
Even Stanbic and First Bank won't give you 18% for 182days for primary markets bid .....except 364 days...
Secondary Markets can give 18%,but you can't even see 182 days in Secondary market..
Thanks...

It's actually possible to get 182days tenor at the secondary market. The only tenor you can't get at the secondary market is 364days.

Someone may have bought a 364days tenor and may be needing his money when it remains 182days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 9:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
Please has anyone gotten alert from zenith bank? Me I don't understand again o...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Topiipii(m): 10:02pm On Aug 17, 2017
AkDave1:
And what rate were you given after that?
13.35%, that's probably why they told me to specify current rate in my letter. Other banks give a much better rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 10:23pm On Aug 17, 2017
PETERiCHY:

If it's a sizeable amount then quickly place it on CALL DEPOSIT for that 2wks and still net little profit.
please explain This Call Deposit thing.
thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 10:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
damilola1978:
Please has anyone gotten alert from zenith bank? Me I don't understand again o...
upfront interest or your capital that's due to be paid
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 3:38am On Aug 18, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

upfront interest or your capital that's due to be paid
upfront interest (if the bid was successful)or my capital (if not successful). NONE HAS BEEN PAID TILL THIS MOMENT,I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THE BID WAS SUCCESSFUL, I DON'T UNDERSTAND ZENITH BANK AGAIN O...THEY NEVER USED TO TAKE THIS LONG TO CREDIT MY ACCT.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Keeppushing: 3:41am On Aug 18, 2017
RealityShot:
do as Freeman67 said..
Mutual funds are just like Tbills only.
.some invest in other things..

But Stanbic IBTC money Market Fund invests in TBills So gives 100% security.
-Minimum investment is N5000 only
-add more whenever..
-Daily interest compounding
-accumulated interest paid every 3months
-You can withdraw cash anytime after first 30days.

mail their customer care for full details.

start and grow your funds there till you reach 100k, then do TBills

Thanks bro.. Will definitely put the above into action. I have learnt a bunch already.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Keeppushing: 3:53am On Aug 18, 2017
RealityShot:

(50000 x 0.185)/365 = 25.xx per day

@rate of 18.5% per year

Chai!! RealityShot, please can I get in touch personally?

Is it safe to say that going by the above calculation, N9,250 will be the earning for 50k?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LeeCodeman: 6:24am On Aug 18, 2017
Thanks so much for your answers. Enlightening!

Let me ask, can I get the historical chart for Tbills to see how how the rates have moved up and down over the years? The longer the better.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by C4Ltd: 7:11am On Aug 18, 2017
damilola1978:
upfront interest (if the bid was successful)or my capital (if not successful). NONE HAS BEEN PAID TILL THIS MOMENT,I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THE BID WAS SUCCESSFUL, I DON'T UNDERSTAND ZENITH BANK AGAIN O...THEY NEVER USED TO TAKE THIS LONG TO CREDIT MY ACCT.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LeeCodeman: 8:11am On Aug 18, 2017
tunene66:

There was a guy who had a TREASURY BILL WORKSHEET sent to the group. However if you send me your email I can send it to you
Please send it to me leecodeman@gmail.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 8:19am On Aug 18, 2017
LeeCodeman:

Please forward the TBills Worksheet to me as soon as you receive it: racmapioneer@gmail.com

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LeeCodeman: 8:39am On Aug 18, 2017
There's still something I'm yet to understand. Must I have N50m before I can invest in the primary market, or are there banks who will allow me invest something as small as 500k through them? I have used Stanbic for my secondary market and they didn't give me my 364 days request, therefore I'm considering opening a FirstBank account if they will give me the maximum days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LeeCodeman: 8:42am On Aug 18, 2017
Investnow2017:

Please forward the TBills Worksheet to me as soon as you receive it: racmapioneer@gmail.com

Thanks in anticipation.
Done
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tunene66: 8:44am On Aug 18, 2017
LeeCodeman:

i have done so
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 8:57am On Aug 18, 2017
LeeCodeman:

There's still something I'm yet to understand. Must I have N50m before I can invest in the primary market, or are there banks who will allow me invest something as small as 500k through them? I have used Stanbic for my secondary market and they didn't give me my 364 days request, therefore I'm considering opening a FirstBank account if they will give me the maximum days.

I doubt you can get 364 days secondary market in any bank. The maximum tenor for NTB is 364. Somebody cannot be buying on a particular day and also selling on that same day.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LeeCodeman: 9:12am On Aug 18, 2017
tunene66:

i have done so
Thanks boss!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Edwaino: 10:06am On Aug 18, 2017
tunene66:

There was a guy who had a TREASURY BILL WORKSHEET sent to the group. However if you send me your email I can send it to you

Please send it to me edwainoy2k@yahoo.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by punae: 11:37am On Aug 18, 2017
Investnow2017:

Thanks in anticipation.

pls forward the worksheet to me......Giftmisan@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by uc198080: 11:49am On Aug 18, 2017
Pls what's the current primary Auction rates?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 12:18pm On Aug 18, 2017
damilola1978:
well maybe the Volume/amount offered hasn't been fully consumed by investors, I too still awaits the paid up interest from first bank done two days ago (secondary)
Also this is the first time too I am experiencing this from fBN but I am still calm.
So chill, today should be the day the volume will be fully absorbed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bisiki2: 12:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
[quote author=chukzyfcbb post=59593182]

Oversubscribed according to CBN website.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LeeCodeman: 12:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
SOME PERSPECTIVES

"Let me scare you. You, yes you. The Nigerian.
1. The risk free rate of borrowing is ~22%
2. This is not sustainable because of the following:

a) There is no incentive for anyone in the near-term to leave their money in a bank account at 2% when you can earn 20% from Treasury Bills. Over an extended period, banks will be starved of deposits and the ability to lend will be severely curtailed.

b) The government does not earn enough money to service its debt obligations and meet other budgetary obligations.

c) banks can theoretically stop lending, cut staff strength and deploy most of its unencumbered funds into govt bills and still earn a 22% NRFF.

d) bank debtors can expect to pay more. Why would the bank opt to lend to you for less than 30% and lose sleep over your (in)ability to pay when it can lend to the Federal Government for 22% and show excellent liquidty ratios on its books to boot?

3. If your assets do not earn more than 22% per annum, you will be poorer in real terms in a year from now. Your idle N100 will be worth no more than N82 in a year from now.

4. CockneyKem has said she is looking to refinance the domestic debt in the international market. Good and bad news if she succeeds. Whereas the government cannot default on local debt, it only needs to print more money, (NSPMC to the rescue), it can default on external debts. External debt service has to be met with real money, not monopoly money.

5. Next year, the election cycle kicks off. Nothing happens in the year before the elections other than campaign and chop-money. A certain Goodluck Jonathan once budgeted the equivalent of a lunch allowance for the ministry of works in the year preceding the elections. Kindly expect the "Foreign-Based President" to be a lot more fiscally reckless in 2018.

Fasten your belts, shine ya eyes, avoid voting for any party that has a 3 letter acronym.

But then I may be wrong.

Barika Jimoh.
- Tèmítáyò Fábùnmi

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by getgeorgio: 12:43pm On Aug 18, 2017
uc198080:
Pls what's the current primary Auction rates?

Refer to CBN website for last auction rates https://www.cbn.gov.ng/rates/govtsecurities.asp
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tunene66: 12:53pm On Aug 18, 2017
Edwaino:

Please send it to me edwainoy2k@yahoo.com

sent
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GodMercy2015: 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hello house, please when is the next day for bidding secondary market in stanbix ibtc. I wan to invest 500k for 180 tenor.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
the market might soon be crowded...300 bn naira idle funds by federal govt moved into to treasury bill,then another 3 bn dollar foreign loan converted into naira and injected into it what will happen....1 over subscription then rate will drop....2 other sector will will be starve of fund 3 the pension fund might be destabilized 4cost of borrowing might jump up .

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 18, 2017
mumu govt invest the money in foreign bonds then we have inflow of scare dollars to help reduce Forex induce inflation

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.