Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4442512 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by crowntoro(f): 6:24am On Jan 13, 2018
Guys, a friend invested in the secondary market on Thursday with FBN for 182 days and was given 12.7%
I guess that is too small Compare to what is stated in the screenshot below
Then secondly, the friend did not receive tbills notification as per when the investment will mature, is it something to worry about?
Note: interest has been paid

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bigdaddy234: 6:36am On Jan 13, 2018
Be your own Boss register your Business name, Limited company, church,club.......with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) of Nigeria with Accredited processionals.

Serious clients only.08080261582

Whatsapp number: 07034672434

We delivered your certificate at your doorstep!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jaychubi: 8:08am On Jan 13, 2018
Help help help

Please I did TB via first bank last Thursday @ 9am and up till nw my interest has not been paid ie 48 hrs and counting. Kindly note I received alert of my subscription @ 9am on Thursday and I filled my form rightly with upfront interest payment ticked.

Pls what should I do nw. This is not my first time n all along I get my interest paid in less than 24 hrs
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hiscules: 11:42am On Jan 13, 2018
IHelp:

FGN SAVINGS BOND
Minimum is 5k
January subscription is still open till friday

https://www.nairaland.com/3658395/fgn-savings-bond
God bless you for me bro, to subscribe,can I just approach my bank the way TBills is done?? Or must it be through an investment house?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by crowntoro(f): 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2018
hiscules:
God bless you for me bro, to subscribe,can I just approach my bank the way TBills is done?? Or must it be through an investment house?
click on that link and read through for better understanding of the FGN bonds
According to the article about it, you can't invest in it again in January but till next Month
There are times I feel Tony56 response(s) to some questions here is/are always harsh but this is it

Read through please
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by elog(m): 4:21pm On Jan 13, 2018
Sorry, found it already
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 6:13pm On Jan 13, 2018
crowntoro:
click on that link and read through for better understanding of the FGN bonds
According to the article about it, you can't invest in it again in January but till next Month
There are times I feel Tony56 response(s) to some questions here is/are always harsh but this is it

Read through please

I have just realized that silence could be Golden on this thread. Therefore I may keep mute on some issues especially when it has to do with general questions so that I don't get labelled again.
My responses has always been in very good faith and the best way I feel issues could be solved

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IHelp: 6:51pm On Jan 13, 2018
hiscules:
Click on the link and read through as crowntoro suggested for better understanding.
List of accredited firms are on that thread.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by crowntoro(f): 8:05pm On Jan 13, 2018
TONY56:

I have just realized that silence could be Golden on this thread. Therefore I may keep mute on some issues especially when it has to do with general questions so that I don't get labelled again.
My responses has always been in very good faith and the best way I feel issues could be solved
you misunderstood my message to the guy but it's ok
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by munezo(m): 11:41pm On Jan 13, 2018
Go and read sound money management books. I will recommend Tony Robbins books 'Money Master The Game', or 'Unsakeable'

You can not rise more than your knowledge in this game of investment.

Goodness29:
Good evening to you all...

I am a 22years Nigeria old lady who live and studied in Uk ...I have about 6m I want to put in investment for like 4years,,what type of risk free investment can you advise me to go into ?? Thanks in advance sir/ma
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 1:26am On Jan 14, 2018
crowntoro:
you misunderstood my message to the guy but it's ok

I understood your message and very well too. You did not castigate me at all but you made me to realise that some people don't like the way I respond to some questions asked by people especially the newbies who I have always adviced to go read the earlier pages of this thread for better understanding just as I did before posting anything here instead of looking for people to spoon feed them and at the end if the day, they keep coming back to ask more questions that have been answered severally before.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by crowntoro(f): 5:32am On Jan 14, 2018
TONY56:

I understood your message and very well too. You did not castigate me at all but you made me to realise that some people don't like the way I respond to some questions asked by people especially the newbies who I have always adviced to go read the earlier pages of this thread for better understanding just as I did before posting anything here instead of looking for people to spoon feed them and at the end if the day, they keep coming back to ask more questions that have been answered severally before.
oh... Wow

Okay. ..i thought you didn't understand my response to the
Alright... Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 7:42am On Jan 14, 2018
BBFE:

While the submission that MMFs yields are greater than T-bills rates is true, you are looking at it from a wrong angle.

What you have done was to compare rates with yield; T-bills rates and MMF yield are not the same. To get an apples to apples comparison, please compare the MMF yields with T-bills yields.

The 16.8% MMF yield you quoted above is the equivalent of 14.4% T-bills rate.

MMFs invest in T-bills, CPs and other short term instruments with maturities of less than 2 years, so their reference yields can NEVER be greater than T-bills yields. This is because T-bill is the core of their investment portfolio.

The 16.8% yield you quoted above is slightly greater than the T-bills yield of 16.69% derivable from the stop rate of 14.3% of the last auction. This is because we are coming from a higher interest rate environment and the MMFs are still heavily invested in T-bills yielding 20%+. That is why both yields are neck and neck at the moment. Expect the spread between both yields to widen, with the T-bills yield higher, as we remain in this low rate environment.

Thank you.

I think i agree with you. But what makes MMF tick for me is the ease with which one can access to his funds while rates are not distorted. That for me this is a huge leverage unlike Tbills that come with some sort of penalty when funds are called prior to maturity.

Your anslysis is appreciated.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2018
jaychubi:
Help help help

Please I did TB via first bank last Thursday @ 9am and up till nw my interest has not been paid ie 48 hrs and counting. Kindly note I received alert of my subscription @ 9am on Thursday and I filled my form rightly with upfront interest payment ticked.

Pls what should I do nw. This is not my first time n all along I get my interest paid in less than 24 hrs

Pls go and check you account balance/ statement. It may have been paid already. Most times they don't give alert.

For the avoidance of doubt TB's either primary or secondary matures on Thursdays. The instances were people get their funds on Fridays may be dues to banks network issues or failure of banks to alert their customers.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jaychubi: 12:37pm On Jan 14, 2018
freeman67:

Pls go and check you account balance/ statement. It may have been paid already. Most times they don't give alert.

For the avoidance of doubt TB's either primary or secondary matures on Thursdays. The instances were people get their funds on Fridays may be dues to banks network issues or failure of banks to alert their customers.

I ve checked via my mobile banking app and the interest is not there.

I jst get d feeling the stupid account officer have not carried out my instructions as requested, she will have me to deal with on Monday.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pharmtj: 2:15pm On Jan 14, 2018
jaychubi:

I ve checked via my mobile banking app and the interest is not there.

I jst get d feeling the stupid account officer have not carried out my instructions as requested, she will have me to deal with on Monday.
take am easy on. nor go burn down the bank tomorrow.... �

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jaychubi: 2:58pm On Jan 14, 2018
Pharmtj:
take am easy on. nor go burn down the bank tomorrow.... �

Lol her action has caused me enough emotional torture n HBP, when it comes to my money I ve very low risk appetite dts y I do TB.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dollaflow(m): 3:38pm On Jan 14, 2018
Good day.
Pls What's the current rate for treasury bill?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kemade2007(f): 6:22pm On Jan 14, 2018
jaychubi:

Lol her action has caused me enough emotional torture n HBP, when it comes to my money I ve very low risk appetite dts y I do TB.

grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 9:42am On Jan 15, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by santicruz: 11:18am On Jan 15, 2018
Please note that in TB interest is not credited rather the dedeuct the interest from the amount u want to invest and invest the balance eg you want to invest N1M lets say N100k will be the interest on the N1M, N900k will be invested and your N100k interest will be left in ur acct,
jaychubi:
Help help help

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 15, 2018
damilola1978:
please how long did it take first bank to drop the interest

Same day but in the evening
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 12:56pm On Jan 15, 2018
Dear Esteemed Client,

NTB auction will take place on Wednesday, 17th January, 2017 and we will be glad to bid on your behalf.

Outlook on Yields
At this week’s primary market auction, the apex bank will offer NGN10.25 billion, NGN26.6 billion, and NGN193 billion of the 91-day, 182-day, and 364-day bills respectively. We expect a further decline in the stop rates at the auction (particularly on the mid and long-tenured bills) as market participants’ remain aggressively bullish driven by FGN debt strategy, expectation of monetary easing and a sticky decline in Inflation.

Consequently, we advise that you invest in treasury bills now to take advantage of the still attractive yields.

Please see details of the next NTB auction below.    

Auction  Date
17/01/2018
17/01/2018
17/01/2018
Tenors
91-day
182-day
364-day
Indicative Rates
12.00%-12.30%
13.00%-13.50%
13.70%-14.00%
Minimum Investment
N1,000,000
N1,000,000
N1,000,000

Some of the benefits of Treasury bill investment are highlighted as follow.
·         Upfront Interest Payment: Interest on treasury bills is paid up front. This provides opportunity for an investor to receive the interest at the beginning of the investment and reinvest for more interest before maturity.
·         Security of Investment: Treasury instruments are relatively free from credit or default risk because they are backed by the treasury of the federal government of Nigeria.
·         High Interest Rate: Treasury bill rates are currently high at 15%.
·         Collateral: Investment in treasury bills can be used as collaterals for loan from financial institutions.
·         Tax Free: Investment in treasury bills is tax free.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 12:56pm On Jan 15, 2018
Dear Esteemed Client,

NTB auction will take place on[b] Wednesday, 17th January, 2017 [/b][size=8pt][/size]and we will be glad to bid on your behalf.

Outlook on Yields
At this week’s primary market auction, the apex bank will offer NGN10.25 billion, NGN26.6 billion, and NGN193 billion of the 91-day, 182-day, and 364-day bills respectively. We expect a further decline in the stop rates at the auction (particularly on the mid and long-tenured bills) as market participants’ remain aggressively bullish driven by FGN debt strategy, expectation of monetary easing and a sticky decline in Inflation.

Consequently, we advise that you invest in treasury bills now to take advantage of the still attractive yields.

Auction  Date
17/01/2018
17/01/2018
17/01/2018
Tenors
91-day
182-day
364-day
Indicative Rates
12.00%-12.30%
13.00%-13.50%
13.70%-14.00%
Minimum Investment
N1,000,000
N1,000,000
N1,000,000

·         Upfront Interest Payment: Interest on treasury bills is paid up front. This provides opportunity for an investor to receive the interest at the beginning of the investment and reinvest for more interest before maturity.
·         Security of Investment: Treasury instruments are relatively free from credit or default risk because they are backed by the treasury of the federal government of Nigeria.
·         Collateral: Investment in treasury bills can be used as collaterals for loan from financial institutions.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 12:57pm On Jan 15, 2018
Dear Esteemed Client,

NTB auction will take place on Wednesday, 17th January, 2017 and we will be glad to bid on your behalf.

Outlook on Yields

Auction  Date
17/01/2018
17/01/2018
17/01/2018
Tenors
91-day
182-day
364-day
Indicative Rates
12.00%-12.30%
13.00%-13.50%
13.70%-14.00%
Minimum Investment
N1,000,000
N1,000,000
N1,000,000

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sempe123: 2:02pm On Jan 15, 2018
i went to my bank access to apply for the upcoming primary market bid,but was told that their minimum for the primary market is 50 million naira.
Also their secondary market rates appear too low.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 2:42pm On Jan 15, 2018
santicruz:
Please note that in TB interest is not credited rather the dedeuct the interest from the amount u want to invest and invest the balance eg you want to invest N1M lets say N100k will be the interest on the N1M, N900k will be invested and your N100k interest will be left in ur acct,
It is not like that in Zenith Bank. They take the entire principal and credit you back your interest.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lexit: 2:54pm On Jan 15, 2018
sempe123:
i went to my bank access to apply for the upcoming primary market bid,but was told that their minimum for the primary market is 50 million naira.
Also their secondary market rates appear too low.

Move to another bank. Advisable you use first bank or stanbic.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jaychubi: 3:51pm On Jan 15, 2018
santicruz:

you are wrong esp as it applies to first bank secondary market

first bank using ur analogy will deduct 1m and pay u the interest usually after 24 hours

My stupid account officer complicated issues for me

This will be my worst experience on Tbill so far

the idiot converted my secondary market of 91 days on 12% to primary market telling me they will subscribe me by wednesday when auction happens and leaving me open to the uncertainties of primary market.

you dont want to see hw i shouted for everyone in that branch including the manager n they were all pleading for me to be patient till wed ie 1 week lost due to gross negligence of a nonchalant account officer. angry angry angry angry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:19pm On Jan 15, 2018
jaychubi:

you are wrong esp as it applies to first bank secondary market

first bank using ur analogy will deduct 1m and pay u the interest usually after 24 hours

My stupid account officer complicated issues for me

This will be my worst experience on Tbill so far

the idiot converted my secondary market of 91 days on 12% to primary market telling me they will subscribe me by wednesday when auction happens and leaving me open to the uncertainties of primary market.

you dont want to see hw i shouted for everyone in that branch including the manager n they were all pleading for me to be patient till wed ie 1 week lost due to gross negligence of a nonchalant account officer. angry angry angry angry

Did you ask for the tenors available? Were you in the bank on a Wednesday?

You can't get 91 days Treasury Bills in the secondary market, maybe you can get on a Wednesday.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by crowntoro(f): 7:18pm On Jan 15, 2018
crowntoro:
Guys, a friend invested in the secondary market on Thursday with FBN for 182 days and was given 12.7%
I guess that is too small Compare to what is stated in the screenshot below
Then secondly, the friend did not receive tbills notification as per when the investment will mature, is it something to worry about?
Note: interest has been paid
wish an answer could be given to this

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.