Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (460) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4442977 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 8:09am On Jan 19, 2018
Sun2Jack:

With the same number of days...?
182 days...its slightly above 13.5%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eniorisha(m): 9:25am On Jan 19, 2018
freeman67:

Anytime you return and you are free b4 maturity you can go there and tell them to print the proof for you. No big deal... All they will ask is your account no and the auction you invested which in this case is secondary market.
May u be blessed in all ramification.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 9:39am On Jan 19, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lindashealthwat(f): 9:58am On Jan 19, 2018
eniorisha:
May u be blessed in all ramification.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sempe123: 10:47am On Jan 19, 2018
I got 12% for 126 days from heritage bank.Also 12% for 90 days from UBA.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vitality22(m): 11:17am On Jan 19, 2018
sempe123:
With the way Tbills has gone southwards and with the prevailing rates this deal looks good to me.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 19, 2018
sempe123:

Really?? Let me Check UBA out if it's really 12%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sammybabelious: 1:40pm On Jan 19, 2018
Sammybabelious:
Good evening house, I wanted to invest in fixed deposit, Syke bank gave me 10.24% for 90 days, (1.1M) until I saw /read about Tbills here. Pls which bank will you advice me to invest in there Tbills with d highest percentage/reliable . First bank, Zenith or Stanbic IBTC .pls you can add urs (banks)aside d ones started above ...
Thanks. I will be reading ur relies.
Pls someone should advice me on what to do
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rijo02: 2:36pm On Jan 19, 2018
Hi guys,

Nice work here... Please I use GTB, Skye, and First bank. Are there any of those that I can walk in for a TB (secondary market)? Or even a financial house that is selling TB in the secondary market. An immediate respond will be appreciated.

Much thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kemade2007(f): 11:56pm On Jan 19, 2018
Rijo02:
Hi guys,

Nice work here... Please I use GTB, Skye, and First bank. Are there any of those that I can walk in for a TB (secondary market)? Or even a financial house that is selling TB in the secondary market. An immediate respond will be appreciated.

Much thanks

FBn best in TB secondary market

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 7:29am On Jan 20, 2018
Overnight Rate Spikes as CBN Drains Liquidity, T-Bills Market Trades Flat
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/01/20/overnight-rate-spikes-cbn-drains-liquidity-t-bills-market-trades-flat/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 7:31am On Jan 20, 2018
You should get more than that with T-Bills, around 12% for same period. I hope this helps.
Sammybabelious:
Pls someone should advice me on what to do
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:39am On Jan 21, 2018
Investnow2017:

Primary market = stanbic ibtc
Secondary market = first bank

Thanks. And which do you prefer? Pardon my novice knowledge.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:40am On Jan 21, 2018
RealityShot:

Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gogedda: 7:37am On Jan 21, 2018
Good day house, I missed the last Primary market Auction, I can't wait for the next one. I would like to invest in secondary market. Is it possible to buy that from Stanbic. The other day, the lady at the bank was saying that one can only buy secondary market the day after the primary market. Can't i just walk in any time to invest in the secondary market?... Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by davit: 9:50am On Jan 21, 2018
gogedda:
Good day house, I missed the last Primary market Auction, I can't wait for the next one. I would like to invest in secondary market. Is it possible to buy that from Stanbic. The other day, the lady at the bank was saying that one can only buy secondary market the day after the primary market. Can't i just walk in any time to invest in the secondary market?... Thanks.
You can walk in any day. Just make sure you do so before 12pm on the day you are going. All da best.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MrHenri: 10:48am On Jan 21, 2018
Is there any difference between primary market and secondary market? What's there current % offered. I am considering secondary market since I have missed the last primary bid. Finally, please what date is the next primary bid. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nennin(m): 4:18pm On Jan 21, 2018
dipoolowoo:
You should get more than that with T-Bills, around 12% for same period. I hope this helps.
please is weekends included in the 91 days?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 4:46pm On Jan 21, 2018
nennin:
please is weekends included in the 91 days?

Yes sir

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 6:01pm On Jan 21, 2018
Cripstwick:

Thanks. And which do you prefer? Pardon my novice knowledge.

Prefer for which market type?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 21, 2018
Investnow2017:

Prefer for which market type?

Primary is buying directly from the government while secondary is under an intermediary. So, what's the catch? Which should I opt for — the rates and security considered?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 9:28pm On Jan 21, 2018
Cripstwick:

Primary is buying directly from the government while secondary is under an intermediary. So, what's the catch? Which should I opt for — the rates and security considered?

If you want to go for tenors lower than 364days my best option is SECONDARY MARKET. I do Primary market only when i want a 364-day tenor instrument. Almost always the Secondary Market offers very competitive and juicier rates than the pry market.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 11:16pm On Jan 21, 2018
Investnow2017:

If you want to go for tenors lower than 364days my best option is SECONDARY MARKET. I do Primary market only when i want a 364-day tenor instrument. Almost always the Secondary Market offers very competitive and juicier rates than the pry market.
how do I invest for primary market and can one invest 100k? Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 21, 2018
I want to try secondary market with 600k tomorrow at FirstBank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by harisclub: 12:47am On Jan 22, 2018
Pls when is the next primary market treasury bill?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 6:30am On Jan 22, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 22, 2018
I got 12.4% for 80days at FirstBank today.. Secondary Market.
Good deal?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gogedda: 9:50am On Jan 22, 2018
I don't understand Stanbic bank.. I am currently here now, the lady said they need to first of all send a mail to the head office to know if there is secondary market today.. She said something like they haven't concluded on the secondary market rate after the last primary market Auction. Is this correct... I thought there is a way they login to know the secondary market rate from any of their branches..

Can anybody recommend a very good Stanbic branch on the mainland which is very good with this market thing... Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 22, 2018
gogedda:
I don't understand Stanbic bank.. I am currently here now, the lady said they need to first of all send a mail to the head office to know if there is secondary market today.. She said something like they haven't concluded on the secondary market rate after the last primary market Auction. Is this correct... I thought there is a way they login to know the secondary market rate from any of their branches..

Can anybody recommend a very good Stanbic branch on the mainland which is very good with this market thing... Thanks
Strange.i went to Firstbank this morning, told the officer and he just checked the available rates and told me..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 12:38pm On Jan 22, 2018
Izuogu1:
I got 12.4% for 80days at FirstBank today.. Secondary Market.
Good deal?

My account officer just told me that there is 12.20% 87Days, but this is still under my consideration! Not sure whether to go for it yet wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.