Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,882 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4429272 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tenry(m): 4:09pm On Jun 06, 2012
Thanks bro,pls what do u mean by putting the money on call? And pls how ll I knw when the next aution is out and finally, how much ll be given to me on 1million for 90 days.Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 4:21pm On Jun 06, 2012
tenry: Thanks bro,pls what do u mean by putting the money on call? And pls how ll I knw when the next aution is out and finally, how much ll be given to me on 1million for 90 days.Thanks

Yea..Put the funds on call. There you will have the right to take it out at the shortest notice. My bankers usually keep mine on call at 4%P.A

The next Auction is in two weeks time ie. 20th of the month precisely.

for N1M at 13.5% for 91 days, you should be looking at an upfront interest of N32,532.50...after making adjustments for the Tbills charge of 0.125%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Don1Dee(m): 5:06pm On Jun 06, 2012
feelamong:

Yea..Put the funds on call. There you will have the right to take it out at the shortest notice. My bankers usually keep mine on call at 4%P.A

The next Auction is in two weeks time ie. 13th of the month precisely.

for N1M at 13.5% for 91 days, you should be looking at an upfront interest of N32,532.50...after making adjustments for the Tbills charge of 0.125%

feelamong:

Bro.. U mised the train this time around! Usually I place my Bid on Tuesdays...the bank then takes it to CBN on wednesdays and by thursday afternoon the result of the Bids is announced.

I will suggest that you liquidate ur fixed deposit, you put ur money on call for the next 12 days and bid for the next auction.
@feelamong, what is the meaning of the bolded? Plus 13th is next week aberrating the two weeks time you're asking people to wait b/4 they can bid in your first sentence above, could that b a typo error or...? Thnx.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 5:32pm On Jun 06, 2012
Don1Dee:

@feelamong, what is the meaning of the bolded? Plus 13th is next week aberrating the two weeks time you're asking people to wait b/4 they can bid in your first sentence above, could that b a typo error or...? Thnx.

Sorry abt the mistake on the date...it should be 2 weeks before the next auction...the next auction is actually on the 20th of june and not 13th!

Yea..in banks there is something called CALL DEPOSIT. This means that you place your money at an agreed interest rate with your bankers (Usually more than the normal rate for savings account but less than the rate for fixed deposits)....the main advantage here is that you do not agree for any time frame so you have the right to wake up the next day and ask for ur money back without any form of penalty on the deposit interest.

All it means is that you can call for your money at anytime!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tenry(m): 6:40pm On Jun 06, 2012
@ Feelamong thanks bro. You ve indeed educated me today. Does Gtb have this package? I mean putting d money on call and also can I get the auction in Gtb? Lastly, how do I know my banker?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tenry(m): 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2012
@ Feelamong thanks bro. You ve indeed educated me today. Does Gtb have this package? I mean putting d money on call and also can I get the auction in Gtb? Lastly, how do I know my banker? I will appreciate it if I can get your mobile number for further discussion cos I'm presently pursuing my Masters on a full time basis and I wanna secure d money pending the completion of my programme to decide d business to venture into.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:24am On Jun 07, 2012
tenry: @ Feelamong thanks bro. You ve indeed educated me today. Does Gtb have this package? I mean putting d money on call and also can I get the auction in Gtb? Lastly, how do I know my banker? I will appreciate it if I can get your mobile number for further discussion cos I'm presently pursuing my Masters on a full time basis and I wanna secure d money pending the completion of my programme to decide d business to venture into.
Well am sure GTB should have the package...If they dont have it then vote with ur feet!

You can hit me up on feelamong@gmail.com.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 11:48am On Jun 07, 2012
Find the results from the just concluded auction ...

TBILL PRIMARY AUCTION RESULTS

Tenor 91 Days 182 Days 364 Days
Stop rate (%) 14.10% 14.94% 15.6999%
Amt. Offered (₦bn) 32.97 45.00 60.00
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 11:51am On Jun 07, 2012
feelamong: Find the results from the just concluded auction ...

Tenor 91 Days 182 Days 364 Days
Stop rate (%) 14.10% 14.94% 15.6999%
Amt. Offered (₦bn) 32.97 45.00 60.00

Hmmmmmmm......just as predicted, the yields are going up once again as the foreign investors run back home to save their Euros...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ifyleraks: 7:15pm On Jun 07, 2012
Hello,I have a good business opportunity which you would love to invest.Its an online money making investment oppoertunity.You can start with as low as N5,000 and see how much you can earn in 3 months.With that you will gain more confidence in the system.It pays 2% daily on every investment made.Please call me on 08033244622 or send me an email to ifyleraks@gmail.com.I would be able to show you my daily payouts.

Thankssmiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 4:27pm On Jun 08, 2012
http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/39238-nigeria-sells-n138bn-in-local-debt-at-higher-yields

Nigeria sells N138bn in local debt at higher yields

Nigeria sold a total of 137.97 billion naira ($848.78 million) in treasury bills ranging from three months to one year at its bi-monthly auction, at higher yields than at the previous auction, the central bank said on Friday.

The bank on Thursday sold 32.97 billion naira worth of the 3-month paper at a return of 14.10 percent, higher than the 13.50 percent reached at the previous auction.

It sold 45 billion naira worth of the 6-month bill at 14.94 percent, up from the 14.14 percent at the previous auction, while the bank issued 60 billion naira worth of 1-year paper at a return of 15.69 percent, higher than the 13.30 percent at an auction on May 25.

Total subscriptions stood at 223.06 billion naira, down from 307.28 billion naira demanded at the last auction, a reflection of waning interest by offshore investors in the local debt market, traders said.

High inflation, the declining value of the local currency and the Eurozone debt crisis are prompting offshore investors to sell down their local debt holdings and repatriate the funds.

Nigeria, Africa's second biggest economy after South Africa, issues treasury bills regularly to reduce the money supply, curb inflation and help lenders manage their liquidity.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 5:13pm On Jun 08, 2012
http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFL5E8H85PD20120608?sp=true

AFRICA DEBT-Nigerian T-bills set to regain their appeal

NIGERIA

Offshore investors are seen returning to Nigeria's debt market in the weeks ahead as yields on shorter-dated paper are becoming attractive again, traders said.

Foreign investors had been exiting their positions in the face of less attractive yields, rising inflation and the unresolved Eurozone debt crisis. But that could change as yields inch back up.

Nigeria sold 137.97 billion naira ($848.78 million) worth of Treasury bills on Thursday, with yields higher than at the previous auction.

"There is a gradual shift of attention by investors to the Treasury bills market due to rising yields in recent times and we foresee more offshore investors returning to take position in the market," one dealer said.

The central bank on Thursday sold 32.97 billion naira worth of 3-month paper at a yield of 14.10 percent, compared to 13.50 percent at the previous auction.

It sold 45 billion naira worth of the 6-month bill at 14.94 percent, up from the 14.14 percent previously, and 60 billion naira of 1-year paper at a yield of 15.69 percent, from 13.30 percent. [ID: nL5E8H84NK]

Traders said the bond market has remained sluggish as major investors shy away from taking positions, opting instead for short-dated instruments because of the more generous yields.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nicholas4(m): 11:36am On Jun 09, 2012
hi

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ifyleraks: 6:09pm On Jun 11, 2012
Hello,I have a good business opportunity which you would love to invest.Its an online money making investment oppoertunity.You can start with as low as N5,000 and see how much you can earn in 3 months.With that you will gain more confidence in the system.It pays 2% daily on every investment made.Please call me on 08033244622 or send me an email to ifyleraks@gmail.com.I would be able to show you my daily payouts.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by whatalife: 7:12am On Jun 12, 2012
@ feelamong, i sent you an email since yesterday i have not seen your reply.
please respond
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 8:15am On Jun 12, 2012
whatalife: @ feelamong, i sent you an email since yesterday i have not seen your reply.
please respond

please resend!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by whatalife: 8:40am On Jun 12, 2012
@feelamong,
I just replied you now,
I will be waiting for your response,
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 11:45am On Jun 12, 2012
whatalife: @feelamong,
I just replied you now,
I will be waiting for your response,
Thanks

sent
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:42am On Jun 19, 2012
http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/markets/bond-market/39705-fg-to-raise-n10062bn-in-bonds

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), on Monday, said it plans to raise 100.62 billion naira ($616.60 million)worth of 91-day and 182-day Treasury bills at its regular bi-monthly debt auction on Wednesday.

The bank said it will issue 37.49 billion naira in 91-day paper and 63.13 billion worth in 182-day bills on Wednesday.

Nigeria issues treasury bills regularly to reduce money supply, curb inflation and help lenders manage their liquidity.

Yields on the short-dated debt of Africa's top energy producer have continue to rise in the last three auction sessions due to concerns on rising inflation and the exiting of offshore investors from the local debt market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Americasman(m): 8:38pm On Jun 20, 2012
What is happening to this thread? Please let continue to keep this thread alive.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 9:52am On Jun 21, 2012
Americas_man: What is happening to this thread? Please let continue to keep this thread alive.

Dont worry its very much alive!!!

My account officer just sent the latest rates from the last Auction held on 20th June 2012 to be as follow:

Tenor 91 Days 182 Days
Stop rate (%) 14.05% 15.3189%
Amt. Offered (₦bn) 37.49 63.14
Subscription (₦bn) 56.27 96.43

Clearly our rates are still doing fine!!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:44pm On Jun 22, 2012
feelamong:

My account officer just sent the latest rates from the last Auction held on 20th June 2012 to be as follow:

Tenor 91 Days 182 Days

http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFL5E8HM4VK20120622

Nigeria sells 100 bln naira in 3-, 6-month T-bills

LAGOS, June 22 (Reuters) - Nigeria sold a total of 100.62 billion naira ($619.0 million) in treasury bills with 91-day and 182-day maturities at its bi-monthly auction, with mixed yields compared with the previous auction, the central bank said on Friday.

The bank on Thursday sold 37.49 billion naira worth of the 91-day paper at a return of 14.05 percent, lower than the 14.10 percent at the previous auction, while it issued 63.13 billion naira worth in 182-day bills at 15.31 percent compared with 14.94 percent at the previous auction.

Total subscriptions stood at 152.69 billion naira, but the central bank stuck to its initial amount offered.

Nigeria, Africa's second biggest economy after South Africa, issues treasury bills regularly to reduce the money supply, curb inflation and help lenders manage their liquidity. ($1 = 162.55 naira) (Reporting by Oludare Mayowa)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:48pm On Jun 22, 2012
meanwhile I have just been informed of another round of TBills auction next week....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:49pm On Jun 22, 2012
http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFL5E8HM8UD20120622?sp=true

LONDON, June 22 (Reuters) - A bond auction in Nigeria next week is expected to be well-received thanks to an expected liquidity boost as the government disburses funds to government agencies.

NIGERIA

The expected monthly disbursal of funds to government agencies could spur interest in Nigerian debt at an auction next week, but yields are seen flat on Treasury bills.

Nigeria plans to sell 83.91 billion naira ($515.04 million) worth of 5-year, 7-year and 10-year sovereign bonds and 134.57 billion naira in short-dated treasury bills next week.

Africa's second biggest economy disburses funds from oil revenue on a monthly basis, which provides liquidity for banks to finance their operations. May's budget allocation is due next week.

Traders said investors are already taking positions ahead of next week's auction because of the expected inflows. They said they expected the yield on the 7-year bond to be in line with what similar tenors are offering on the secondary market.

"We see the new 7-year bond attracting around 16 percent yield at the bond auction next week, while other tenors are likely to stay flat," one dealer said.

Nigeria's central bank sold a total of 100.62 billion naira in 91-day and 182-day Treasury bills at its bi-monthly auction, the central bank said on Friday.

The bank sold 37.49 billion naira of 91-day paper at a return of 14.05 percent, lower than the 14.10 percent yield at the previous auction, while it issued 63.13 billion naira in 182-day bills at 15.31 percent, compared with 14.94 percent previously.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 12:00pm On Jun 25, 2012
feelamong:

Tenor 91 Days 182 Days

These are the last Tbills auction rates..
91 days - 14.05%

182 days - 15.31%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Americasman(m): 8:56pm On Jun 26, 2012
I bought the treasury bill from one of the main banks in the country on 20th june auction date and was given 14.02% for 182days. But why didn't I get 15.31% as you have stated. I thought my account officer played a fast one on me. What do you think.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by otokx(m): 10:13pm On Jun 26, 2012
Imagine my accounts officer telling me his rate is 12% as of today, pretty baffling.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by elewedu(m): 9:34am On Jun 27, 2012
Please, what is the minimum amount require to trade tresury bills. I ♓ανε some 500k i wan to invest, hw can i go about it. Please i nid advice as soon as possible.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 11:15am On Jun 27, 2012
Americas_man: I bought the treasury bill from one of the main banks in the country on 20th june auction date and was given 14.02% for 182days. But why didn't I get 15.31% as you have stated. I thought my account officer played a fast one on me. What do you think.

check ur mail! I dont think you were played a fast one..Just that ur account officer is a bit Naive.....next time give them a rate to bid!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 11:18am On Jun 27, 2012
http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/markets/bond-market/40198-cbn-plans-to-raise-n1345bn-in-t-bills

Nigeria plans to raise 134.56 billion naira ($827.27 million) in treasury bills ranging from 3-month to 1-year maturities at its regular bi-monthly debt auction on Wednesday, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)said on Tuesday.

The bank said it will issue 21.84 billion naira in 91-day paper, 52.73 billion naira in 182-day bills and 60 billion in 364-day bills next week on June 28.

The federal government issues treasury bills regularly to reduce money supply, curb inflation and help lenders manage their liquidity.

Dealers said the release of May budget allocations to government agencies would spur demand for the paper, but yields are expected to be mixed.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 11:19am On Jun 27, 2012
elewedu: Please, what is the minimum amount require to trade tresury bills. I ♓ανε some 500k i wan to invest, hw can i go about it. Please i nid advice as soon as possible.

Most of the discount houses and banks insist on N1m......i dont know if anyone has used N500k.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: DAMMYORES and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.