Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,462 members, 7,840,018 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (835) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4473132 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) ... (2235) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ifax(f): 9:58am On Jul 22, 2019
lilee2hot:
It is paid upfront. You can withdraw it.

It's not paid upfront. It's daily interest

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Apus: 10:03am On Jul 22, 2019
foolbuster:

Can you please do this calculation for 400k at 10% for 364 days. Please.

That's 40k sir.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kott(m): 10:16am On Jul 22, 2019
Hello house,please I want to know,if it’s possible to transfer,liquidate or sell my tbills before maturity,thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 22, 2019
CBN asks banks to back T-bills bid with demand from customers only.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/07/cbn-bars-banks-from-treasury-bills-auction/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by shogbenga: 12:05pm On Jul 22, 2019
good morning gurus, I intend to invest 4m into fgn bond.
the rates i got are
a. 2026..yield 13.45..coupon 12.5

b. 2028..yield 13.57...coupon 13.98

c 2036..yield 13.98...coupon 12.4
i am a salary earner. your advice please. i have till 1230 pm to decide. thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2019
shogbenga:
the rates i got are

That's weird...I thought one had to have at least 50m to invest in FGN Bond?

I would have thought you were referring to FGN Savings Bond but it only has 2/3 years tenure.

Anyways, those rates look great man I'd go for it. If you have no immediate or middle term need for that money, then go for the longest tenure (I think there's a secondary market for bonds so you can always sell if you need to get out)

That being said, I'm not sure how liquid the secondary market is..meaning it may not be so easy to get out when you want..there has to be a buyer willing to buy at the price your willing to sell.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by africanman85: 12:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
shogbenga:
the rates i got are

Were did u get all these info? I want to invest too
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by shogbenga: 12:27pm On Jul 22, 2019
Stanbic
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by rookidmart: 2:18pm On Jul 22, 2019
temi4fash:

Are you sure of this??
Throws doing a research about the loan but the interest rate was too high.

Is there a way to clarify this?
Sent them an email and this was what I got:

Thank for contacting Guaranty Trust Bank plc.

Please be informed that,you can request for Quick Credit Online without physically coming to the Bank. You are required to have your salary account domiciled with GTBank before initiating a Quick Credit request.However, for non salary account holders, you must have a current account and must have been running for 12 months and must not be on debit. Below is your Quick Credit request history.

Eligibility:

*   You must have your salary account domiciled with GTBank.

*   You must have received your salary through your account in the last six months from the same employer.

*   Your salary is paid in Naira (NGN).

*   Minimum loan amount on Quick Credit is N25,000.

*   Interest Rate for Quick Credit is 23%.

Notice:

*   This application is subject to the Bank's approval. The Bank shall be entitled at its sole discretion to decline an application without furnishing any reason.

*   You can only view history of your request on this platform.

*   Terms and Conditions Apply.

To Apply:

*Kindly log on to your internet banking

*Go to investment and loan

*Click on quick loan and follow the prompt

Alternatively, kindly dial *737*51*51#

Kindly be assured of our commitment to providing you excellent customer service at all times.

Thank you for choosing Guaranty Trust Bank plc.

Yours Sincerely,
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by temi4fash(m): 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2019
rookidmart:

Sent them an email and this was what I got:

Thanks bro.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yemmit90: 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2019
shogbenga:
the rates i got are

13.57% for 7 years.

If i were you, i will get land at vastly develop area with 3m and use the rest to fence it and process C of O. That could give you more than 8 Million in next 7 years.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 3:12pm On Jul 22, 2019
what the procedure to processing C of O?
yemmit90:

13.57% for 7 years.

If i were you, i will get land at vastly develop area with 3m and use the rest to fence it and process C of O. That could give you more than 8 Million in next 7 years.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yemmit90: 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 3:59pm On Jul 22, 2019
yemmit90:

13.57% for 7 years.

Just incase you know. There is no guarantee that he will sell the land bought for 3m at 8m. No single assurance of that. Infact after 7yrs, the land may not even reach the 3m. It happened to me, bought a land in a good location in 2012, wanting to sell now, only to realise that the road network has gone very very bad that no one even want to buy it at the cost I bought it sef.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yemmit90: 4:21pm On Jul 22, 2019
needful:

Just incase you know. There is no guarantee that he will sell the land bought for 3m at 8m. No single assurance of that. Infact after 7yrs, the land may not even reach the 3m. It happened to me, bought a land in a good location in 2012, wanting to sell now, only to realise that the road network has gone very very bad that no one even want to buy it at the cost I bought it sef.

I will never doubt your claim sir, but please can you explain what you mean by bad road network that prevent people from buying land there anymore? Besides,where is the location of said land{city and area located]
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2019
yemmit90:

13.57% for 7 years.

3m plot of land + fence and CofO for 4M? That's impossible. Survey in Ogun states goes for 250-500k. And getting a survey is just one step to obtaining a CofO o.

Besides, why would anyone risk a 4M plot of land for a "paltry" 8M after 7 years when TBills at compounded interest rate (13.57%) would yield 9.8M over the same 7 year period?

That's a terrible investment decision even without being aware of the risk factors (land grabbers, legal issues, stress of getting a new buyer, agency fees, etc.)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mhm(m): 5:25pm On Jul 22, 2019
yemmit90:

13.57% for 7 years.

its actually 13.57 per annum so in effect he will make more than 8 m in the 7 years. (with a lot less stress)

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 5:41pm On Jul 22, 2019
yemmit90:

I will never doubt your claim sir, but please can you explain what you mean by bad road network that prevent people from buying land there anymore? Besides,where is the location of said land{city and area located]

Honestly I didnt expect this question from you. I bought my in portharcourt when the road was intact, only to realise now that the road is no go area now. So who wan buy a land in place where he cant drive in and out without having someone pushed the car out from the dirty erosion. Dont u know that alot of things are put in place when people wanna buy land. Road network Is number one sir, considering the fact that we are in a country that does not rehabilitate dilapidated roads. Bottom line is, there was no buyer right now. As I was told to wait until dry season so that new investors wont know how bad the road is. Imagine, assuming I have an urgent need now, what will I do?, na to sell below the price and solve my needs.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yemmit90: 5:47pm On Jul 22, 2019
Acidosis:

3m plot of land + fence and CofO for 4M? That's impossible. Survey in Ogun states goes for 250-500k. And getting a survey is just one step to obtaining a CofO o.

Besides, why would anyone risk a 4M plot of land for a "paltry" 8M after 7 years when TBills at compounded interest rate (13.57%) would yield 9.8M over the same 7 year period?

That's a terrible investment decision even without being aware of the risk factors (land grabbers, legal issues, stress of getting a new buyer, agency fees, etc.)

We are talking about land at vastly develop area, so 4M is enough to do all this.

Your calculation is wrong, 4m in TB at 13.57% interest in 7 years can only give you about 3.7m after charges.

No, it is not a terrible investment, land appreciate rapidly if you get it at good location, even ones at less attractive location are doing well in term of values. With C of O and fencing, it will be difficult for anyone to sell it without your consent[ you can also find someone to farm on it, so that the person will serves as your informant if you dont live in that city]. You can also write everywhere on the fence[ THIS LAND IS NOT FOR SELL, BEWARE OF 419 with your number]. Besides, i just used 8M as mere example, you can even make 1000% in some cases.

I have more than 30 personal examples i can give you but let me just use these two as example; A land bought at 60k per plot at Orita challenge Ibadan was sold for 5.8M a plot after 11 years. Another one at oluyole extension in Ibadan, i was personally being offered to buy it at 150k then but refused. Barely 4 years later, the said land was sold for 3M. Except they scam you by selling at above current land price in that location, you will always make a good profit on it.

To be honest with you sir, i never in my life sees any good land at developing area depreciates in value.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yemmit90: 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2019
mhm:

its actually 13.57 per annum so in effect he will make more than 8 m in the 7 years. (with a lot less stress)

So, your own 13.57% of 4M per annum for 7 years is over 8m?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yemmit90: 6:07pm On Jul 22, 2019
needful:

Honestly I didnt expect this question from you. I bought my in portharcourt when the road was intact, only to realise now that the road is no go area now. So who wan buy a land in place where he cant drive in and out without having someone pushed the car out from the dirty erosion. Dont u know that alot of things are put in place when people wanna buy land. Road network Is number one sir, considering the fact that we are in a country that does not rehabilitate dilapidated roads. Bottom line is, there was no buyer right now. As I was told to wait until dry season so that new investors wont know how bad the road is. Imagine, assuming I have an urgent need now, what will I do?, na to sell below the price and solve my needs.

Thank so much for this response, i have already deducted my point from it. You simply bought a bad land at swampy area. This is the reason one should be very careful while buying land during the dry season.

There was a time a man took me to see a land at somewhere, everywhere has dried up as we were in dry season, but something saved me, i saw those kind of plants you only see at riverine areas. The price was very good but never a good land to invest on.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Infinitisi(m): 6:08pm On Jul 22, 2019
yemmit90:

So, your own 13.57% of 4M per annum for 7 years is over 8m?

Do you know what compounding is and how it works? Take a look at the picture attached to see how the 4m is compounded annually over 7 years.

You can also use the compound interest calculator on this site to calculate it if you cannot calculate it manually. https://www.thecalculatorsite.com/finance/calculators/compoundinterestcalculator.php

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
yemmit90:

We are talking about land at vastly develop area, so 4M is enough to do all this.

Your calculation is wrong, 4m in TB at 13.57% interest in 7 years can only give you about 3.7m after charges.

No, it is not a terrible investment, land appreciate rapidly if you get it at good location, even ones at less attractive location are doing well in term of values. With C of O and fencing, it will be difficult for anyone to sell it without your consent[ you can also find someone to farm on it, so that the person will serves as your informant if you dont live in that city]. You can also write everywhere on the fence[ THIS LAND IS NOT FOR SELL, BEWARE OF 419 with your number]. Besides, i just used 8M as mere example, you can even make 1000% in some cases.

I have more than 30 personal examples i can give you but let me just use these two as example; A land bought at 60k per plot at Orita challenge Ibadan was sold for 5.8M a plot after 11 years. Another one at oluyole extension in Ibadan, i was personally being offered to buy it at 150k then but refused. Barely 4 years later, the said land was sold for 3M. Except they scam you by selling at above current land price in that location, you will always make a good profit on it.

To be honest with you sir, i never in my life sees any good land at developing area depreciates in value.
land bought for 700 k in July 20/2004 sold for 15 m in 2019

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yemmit90: 6:31pm On Jul 22, 2019
Infinitisi:

Do you know what compounding is and how it works? Take a look at the picture attached to see how the 4m is compounded annually over 7 years.

You can also use the compound interest calculator on this site to calculate it if you cannot calculate it manually. https://www.thecalculatorsite.com/finance/calculators/compoundinterestcalculator.php

You probably dont understand my point. I was talking about net profit. Your calculation is based on those that re-invested their TB profits. Mine was solely based on net profit without re-investing the annual profit realised.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lxdd: 6:40pm On Jul 22, 2019
Infinitisi:

Good day sir. I'd like to get involved in the NSE and I was wondering if you could please put me through.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 22, 2019
I have a land I bought in 2016 for 2m, just had a called to come witness trespassing. I am forced to spend another unplanned 500k to raise a little fence for demarcation. As for selling, I have been asked to forget it as no one will buy for 1.5m now.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Infinitisi(m): 6:42pm On Jul 22, 2019
Lxdd:

Good day sir. I'd like to get involved in the NSE and I was wondering if you could please put me through.

Visit this thread and and read as many pages as you can, then ask questions https://www.nairaland.com/1131485/nigerian-stock-exchange-market-pick
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lxdd: 6:47pm On Jul 22, 2019
Infinitisi:

Visit this thread and and read as many pages as you can, then ask questions https://www.nairaland.com/1131485/nigerian-stock-exchange-market-pick
I was referred to you from the thread sir.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yemmit90: 6:51pm On Jul 22, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
land bought for 700 k in July 20/2004 sold for 15 m in 2019

This is exactly my point.

TB or Bond seem convenient but yield far less than land investment. Inflation has negative impact on TB and bond profits than property investment.

Reason i only do TB to keep money i want to use for a particular thing within 3 months or maximum of 6 months.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yemmit90: 6:57pm On Jul 22, 2019
Barrytone:
I have a land I bought in 2016 for 2m, just had a called to come witness trespassing. I am forced to spend another unplanned 500k to raise a little fence for demarcation. As for selling, I have been asked to forget it as no one will buy for 1.5m now.

You probably made a very bad deal when you got it. I wont say more about this, those with vast knowledge about land investment knows better.

My God bless all of us.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 7:06pm On Jul 22, 2019
yemmit90:

Thank so much for this response, i have already deducted my point from it. You simply bought a bad land at swampy area. This is the reason one should be very careful while buying land during the dry season.

There was a time a man took me to see a land at somewhere, everywhere has dried up as we were in dry season, but something saved me, i saw those kind of plants you only see at riverine areas. The price was very good but never a good land to invest on.

You still didnt get my point. I didnt buy a land in a swampy area as u said. Besides, PHC is not Lagos that is full of swamps. I said the road got terribly bad thereby forcing people out of that area. So u mean to tell me that u do not consider road network when buying a land? Bros, I no sure say u live in naija.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 7:13pm On Jul 22, 2019
I also bought a land in town of MCC road owerri for 10million and did other expenses on it to secure it properly well. Everything I spent on it is $12m. Is for sale now. And what i have gotten so far as offers is $13.5m. I bought this land in 2016 when TB and Bond were 16 to 19% respectively. If I had invested this money then in TB or Bond with compounding, as at today , i should be seeing above $18m. Am regretting it till today. So am going to sell it immediately at 13.5m and do something better with the capital.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) ... (2235) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: enque(f), MonsieurCoder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.