Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,062 members, 7,956,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:24 AM

Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro (10280 Views)

Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray Vs. Samsung Galaxy S II Plus / Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro Internet Configuration For Globacom / Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by Natasha2(f): 3:17pm On Feb 24, 2012

Please I'm a little bit confused about these phones I would like to know the better of the two, and considering the price, is the HTC Desire S worth going for since the SE Xperiamini pro is almost the same? and does the HTC desire S support Skype? Please I need your honest opinion on the better of these phones and which is more advisable to get. Thanks

Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by lynxnoon(m): 3:51pm On Feb 24, 2012
dont even think about it,
it definitely HTC Desire S
dats wat am currently using and it does all wat u mentioned and more
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by Natasha2(f): 3:54pm On Feb 24, 2012
thanks a lot noon, I would like to know if you experience hanging with the phone.
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by Natasha2(f): 3:57pm On Feb 24, 2012
and does the skype run smoothly? BTW how is the battery life of yours?
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by Lexusgs430: 3:57pm On Feb 24, 2012
It's like attempting to compare a toyota paseo to a buggatti veyron. They are both coupe, but the similarity ends there !!!
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by N101: 4:02pm On Feb 24, 2012
I would say go for the Desire S.

What do you mean by 'hang', the OS or Skype? The latter would be dependant on your network and how much memory you have on your phone.
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by lynxnoon(m): 4:03pm On Feb 24, 2012
Natasha,,:

thanks a lot noon, I would like to know if you experience hanging with the phone.

hanging wil depend on the space left on the fone and how many apps u hv running

well it came with an 8GB SD card but i bot a 32GB card wink
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by lynxnoon(m): 4:06pm On Feb 24, 2012
Natasha,,:

and does the skype run smoothly? BTW how is the battery life of yours?
hmmmm Skype running smoothly will SERIOUSLY depend on ur network n 3G coverage

as per battery not bad but normal bain for android users, u will just hv to tweak ur settings to get maximum battery life

cheers
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by Natasha2(f): 4:30pm On Feb 24, 2012
@lynxnoon wow thanks for the link cheesy and your answers, they've got almost the same thing except for the storage space and pixels but gosh I'm loving The Desire S, there's something about its look.

@all thanks a bunch
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by Natasha2(f): 4:32pm On Feb 24, 2012
@ lynxnoon Please I would like to know how much you got yours cos I kinda think the price might be a barrier, thanks
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by lynxnoon(m): 4:41pm On Feb 24, 2012
Natasha,,:

@ lynxnoon Please I would like to know how much you got yours cos I kinda think the price might be a barrier, thanks
call this no. . . thats where i bot mine
it shd be less by now
08064956060 -- BEN
got it from DSCL, they hv the best price in lagos

and if u dnt mnd fairly used i can sell mine to you wink

cheers
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by lynxnoon(m): 4:48pm On Feb 24, 2012
my yim is lynxnoon wink
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by Gsmxpert(m): 4:50pm On Feb 24, 2012
Go for the htc cool cool cool
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by FabulousAutos(m): 5:06pm On Feb 24, 2012
@ Lynxnoon,
Are u serious about selling your HTC? I bought HTC incredible off eBay but was disappointed to find out that it is not GSM compatible but CDMA so I'm looking for a cheaper alternative. How much are u selling fabulousautos at gmail.com
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by adebayo201: 5:18pm On Feb 24, 2012
lynxnoon:

call this no. . . thats where i bot mine
it shd be less by now
08064956060 -- BEN
got it from DSCL, they hv the best price in lagos

and if u dnt mnd fairly used i can sell mine to you wink

cheers
so hw can we meet and hw much wil it cost? A frend of mine needs it sad
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by lynxnoon(m): 5:22pm On Feb 24, 2012
adebayo201:

so hw can we meet and hw much wil it cost? A frend of mine needs it sad
add me on yim lets chat

Fabulous Autos:

@ Lynxnoon,
Are u serious about selling your HTC? I bought HTC incredible off eBay but was disappointed to find out that it is not GSM compatible but CDMA so I'm looking for a cheaper alternative. How much are u selling fabulousautos at gmail.com

will add u on my gtalk lets chat
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by queensmith: 5:28pm On Feb 24, 2012
ive got an htc i dunno which one, the phone wasnt working properly when i received it but i loved it soo much i couldnt send it back! it takes awesome photos, has an incredibly fast browser, and it has all sorts of applications, unfortunately the sync is annoying so i still find myself carrying the blackberry about for email. but apart from that i think the htc is amazing.
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by denitro(m): 5:31pm On Feb 24, 2012
Got a HTC freestyle,

*Internet is slow
*Phone fell from my hand and the screen broke - I have been trying to fix it now for months
*touch screen response is slow
As a result I decided not to go for another brand of HTC again
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by lynxnoon(m): 6:01pm On Feb 24, 2012
queensmith:

ive got an htc i dunno which one, the phone wasnt working properly when i received it but i loved it soo much i couldnt send it back! it takes awesome photos, has an incredibly fast browser, and it has all sorts of applications, unfortunately the sync is annoying so i still find myself carrying the blackberry about for email. but apart from that i think the htc is amazing.
You need to adjust the settings to really enjoy your syncs
Am using htc desire s and it's by far better than blackberry in all aspects (IMO sha)
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by lynxnoon(m): 6:05pm On Feb 24, 2012
denitro:

Got a HTC freestyle,

*Internet is slow
*Phone fell from my hand and the screen broke - I have been trying to fix it now for months
*touch screen response is slow
As a result I decided not to go for another brand of HTC again
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Even if you get a different device and it falls and cracks; you will still experience all these wether htc or not.
The watch word is be careful how you handle your gadgets
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by Funkymallam(m): 6:10pm On Feb 24, 2012
Friends, how much does the new HTC desire S goes for nw?
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by Ultrame(m): 6:14pm On Feb 24, 2012
I'll say leave android alone and go for a Windows Phone 7.

I've been using the HTC HD7 for close to two years now and it has never frozen up on me.

What an amazing device!
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by JUO(m): 6:15pm On Feb 24, 2012
go for htc
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by PurestBoy(m): 6:24pm On Feb 24, 2012
I bought mine 40K here in Ibadan, used but almost new and I heard it costs over 80K in slot
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by kennyeast(m): 6:57pm On Feb 24, 2012
Anybody interested in brand new HTC SENSATION? let me know how much u are willing to pay, compare to the slot price.
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by chucky234(m): 7:07pm On Feb 24, 2012
I have been selling smartphones for over three years now and I think Sony Erickson Xperia mini pro is in no way close to the Desire S,Xperia has a RAM of about 210 while the Desire has about 512MB. Both are on 32GB memory,those are the only options that brings Xperia mini pro close to HTC Desire S.

HTC devices are amazing piece of art and they never disappoint.
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by FabulousAutos(m): 7:13pm On Feb 24, 2012
Sorry about the typo. Was driving then. Please shoot me a mail so we can discuss.
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by lynxnoon(m): 7:15pm On Feb 24, 2012
Fabulous Autos:

Sorry about the typo. Was driving then. Please shoot me a mail so we can discuss.

ok
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by seunallday: 7:20pm On Feb 24, 2012
Team Galaxy s2 all day
Re: Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro by fred2265: 7:23pm On Feb 24, 2012
I'd go for the HTC

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. / Get Airtel 4gb For N1500 / Itel it1516Plus Official Discussion Thread (leaked Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.