Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread (3262 Views)

Onitsha Tech Market..(for ur brand new laptops, inks, printers, accessories) / Guys That Can Be Trusted In Tech Market / 0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by texazzpete(m): 2:14pm On Oct 23, 2007
Guys,
We've been buying goods from these merchants here for a while, and some of us have good stories, while some may have bad stories. So how do we tell the good traders from the scammers?
Simple. We copy Ebay's rep system. For each successful transaction you accomplish here, please Rep the trader abd announce it here, so others know who to buy from. We all win that way.

Conversely, if you get a raw deal, by all means let's hear about it here so we know who to avoid. grin
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by texazzpete(m): 2:24pm On Oct 23, 2007
I'd like to post a referral for Brume2020. I purchased an iphone 8GB from him. not only did the item arrive on time and in perfect condition, he took great care to ensure i got the best deal available from him. Even when the item arrived Nigeria, he made sure he kept calling me to confirm i had actually received it.

To sum it all, i'm impressed!

About Me: 800+ posts, strongly against scams & 419, squeaky clean nairaland rep. Check profile and post history if you will

just in case. Nigerians are suspicious!
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by tflow: 7:53am On Nov 08, 2007
i resently bought a laptop from Brume which was shipped from USA, and at a very affordable price. i'm so much proud that i met someone like him in nairaland, with good business, and good promise kept. i so much believe in product from abroad, than buying it in nigeria, cos of mass production. Brume keep doing it
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by AnthoniO(m): 8:47pm On Nov 16, 2007
Dear Colleauges,
Inasmuch as a referral thread may be cool I wish to also state that a criminal genius can outsmart us.
Look at this scenario:
I create 5 different login accounts for nairaland and give myself enough positive attestations with the 5 different accounts, posing as different people and claiming i bought this and that from "myself" and that "I" was so reliable and credible in business, just to lure peole into buying from me.

What sayest ye to that?
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by texazzpete(m): 12:36am On Nov 17, 2007
@AnthoniO
A system like this isn't perfect, but it's a useful check against fraud.
We've had so few referrals and rep posts posted here, so it's hard to guage how many purchases are actually being completed in this thread. I should hope that people report cases of fraud so we can all learn from any such ugly incident.

Let's hope your comment hasnt given some people bright ideas!

PS: Would it be any better if this topic were to be renamed : The Official Nairaland Tech Market Seller Referral/Reputation Thread?
Because the main thing isn't about referring, it's about reputation of honesty (kinda like ebay's reputation system).
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by dragnet: 9:18am On Nov 19, 2007
Itz a gud development. . Yes, it may nt b perfct bt at least if s0m1 lyk e.g . texazzpete givs a testim0ny & referral . .it can b taken . .so letz mk gud use of it
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by 3dhunter(m): 9:27am On Dec 05, 2007
@ texazzpete
when it comes to fraud,
the vulture is a patient bird
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by africanboy(m): 5:14pm On Dec 14, 2007
Hi, am African Boy (obviously)

i agree with some comments that fraudsters could easily claim to be who they are not. it happens everywhere, but if you need a referral for brume i'll be willing to give my recommendation., my email is on my profile page or on http://9jasite.com/about/

i have done quite a number of business with brume (all satisfactory till date)
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by AnthoniO(m): 6:04am On Dec 16, 2007
I want to post a referral for BRUME2020
I bought a HP DV 6605US laptop from him. The goods arrived sealed from factory and intact. Everything was as listed on the post, remote control, earbuds etc
To sum it all, the guy is clean and I feel comfortable doing business with him.

Thanks Brume
Thanks all.
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by Seun(m): 3:59pm On Jan 10, 2008
The best use of the referral thread is to report bad transactions, though good ones are fine, too.
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by awonboiz: 2:57am On Jan 12, 2008
Or better still called FEEDBACK COMMENTS THREAD

Can be postive or negative feedback.
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by texazzpete(m): 11:41am On Jan 30, 2008
Seun:

The best use of the referral thread is to report bad transactions, though good ones are fine, too.
awon boiz:

Or better still called FEEDBACK COMMENTS THREAD

Can be postive or negative feedback.

You guys are absolutely right.
i could modify the title, i guess. Instead of 'referrals' is probably should be more like 'feedback' or something.
Whaddaya think?
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 02, 2008
this thread has been about commendations, well i'm about to add something different - a CAVEAT (warning)

the name of the company is orient, . their address is 12 ola ayeni street computer village.(2nd floor) sometime last year, an oga in my department bought an auctioned ,scrapped laptop. as the departmental 'computer guru', i was asked to get all its issues fixed. the main issues turned out to be power supply to the board, and a dead battery. the PSU was fixed at kavex(another laptop seller in pc village. however, they didn't have the battery, i was referred to orient. they didn't actually have a spare battery, they simply pillaged one from one of their systems. no problem, as the battery was working fine. that was my first real business with them.

sometime last year, i bought a new laptop with a 160gb hard drive. i installed vista on a second partition, so i was dual booting vista and xp. unfortunately the vista partition was too big, and i couldn't resize, so i decided to buy a bigger hard drive. i confirmed from the net that there are now 250gb laptop hard drives. i called orient. he gave me the bull you sometimes hear - no such thing as 250gb laptop hard drive, but i have 160gb.like so many computer gurus in pc village, he was either ignorant or being devious

none of the above is really the issue. the real story starts now. i bought an 80gb external hard drive from kavex computers two years ago. the drive holds my music, and current versions of the software i use. there is only 5gb of space left on the drive, so i decided to buy a new drive, and move either the music or the software to it. i get to orient. yes, they have external hard drives. 80gb, 120gb . they give me the prices. i quickly check kavex, who have 160gb, but too costly . back to orient.(incidetally, oga is not around, but i'm in contact with him via phone). thats when it turns out that the hard drives are actually 'used'. but they have some 'brand new' drives. 80gb and a 120gb. the 120gb drive is in an 'opened' foil. what they usually tell you is that they open to confirm that it is actually new (from their own seller) etc. no problem. they put the drive into a case, and hook it up to a system. the guy doing this assumes i'm the usual noob customer, so hes explaining as he goes along ( forming pc guru) , the drive is installing etc, etc. i notice that the indicator led is red for an abnormally long time. finally, the drive shows in my computer as f:. we click on it, and explorer crashes. this happens twice.then i notice a second drive g(warehouse ) has appeared. i open this drive, and find its full of documents.

something is wrong here - there's no other drive attached to the system. so i go to control panel/administrative tools/computer management/storage/disk management

then i find that 1. the 'brand new' drive is actally partitioned into 2 partitions, g and f
2. partition(F) is unformatted(basic), which explains the crashes when we tried to access it.
3.the other gsadwarehouse) is formatted, and has someone's documents.

i call their oga, who gives me some more story about the drive being brand new, the foil only opened so they can 'test' it.on the other hand, his boys there are saying we should renegotiate a tokunbo price. me, i ask if there are any other 120gb drives. sorry, no. i leave.

perhaps its all just miscommunication, however, I'll recommend that anyone doing business with orient had better know his/her computers, or make sure he/she has a guide with him who does know computers. if i'd not checked the drive, or if they'd been just a little smarter( how long can it take you to format a disk, anyway?) i'd have bought it.

i actually had an argument with one of my colleagues in the office about this; so many people are afraid of pc village. to tell the truth, if you aren't tech savvy, you should be. however, not all of the vendors are crooked/incompetent. sadly, even the so called big names can't really be trusted. if you ever take the time to read the back of pc outlet's receipts, you find some disclaimers. ( something to the effect that a faulty item will be replaced by the manufacturer and not by pc outlet- so what happens if my creative earphones fail, since creative has no offices in nigeria?) even lg. i bought a home theater system from their head office (fouani) in december last year. at most electronics shops, they only test TVs, so they didn't test the system. however, the box was looking very battered, so i insisted they open it, and lo and behold, a used system was inside! if i'd not checked and taken it home. . .i'm sure they would have refused to take it back , especially when you consider the fact that they didn't even take the serial numbers of the stuff they sold. nigeria. . .

anyway, in summary, buy from orient at your own risk.
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by FLYBOY(m): 1:31pm On Feb 28, 2008
cheesy
I got a private email from brume2020 in reply to a request I made, to cut a long story to the nittygritty, we haggled for a bit and came to an agreement with a delivery date of 4weeks time.

I am sorry tongue to say but the guy, brume2020 delivered 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

To me this shows commitment and integrity on the part or brume2020.
I say if a man does a good thing, holla his name from on high.

Brume2020 big ups to u.

U R D MAN grin cool

flyboy
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by SHOT(m): 2:30am On Mar 09, 2008
i have had a series of deals with brume, he is good example, keeps to his words and a serious business person. Thumbs up
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by hayprof(m): 8:50am On Mar 09, 2008
Yes, he is a very serious business man!
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by dragnet: 6:54pm On Mar 09, 2008
hayprof, expatiate tongue
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by hayprof(m): 8:14pm On Mar 09, 2008
expatiate? can't find that in my books. . . .
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by dragnet: 7:19am On Mar 12, 2008
hayprof,. . . . . . . . .explain in details tongue
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by hayprof(m): 7:50am On Mar 12, 2008
"expantiate"
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by Gigabyte: 9:00am On Mar 13, 2008
Could someone help me out with a list of computer distributors in Nigeria and their contact details, any information would be helpfull, Thanks !
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by dragnet: 5:33pm On Mar 14, 2008
Its expatiate ! tongue
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by hayprof(m): 6:05pm On Mar 16, 2008
I hear u.
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by Lifeis247: 10:49am On Mar 31, 2008
i actually started a deal with Brume, but did not pull it through because of distance in pickup venue.
why is all the comment centered on an individual
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by hanen(f): 2:34pm On Mar 31, 2008
Wow, i got here and saw many of the recommendations for Brume! That's cool. I just got my BRAND NEW dv9700 delivered to me today and i must say i was impressed grin. I was a little dubious about interacting with someone i'd never met, but i wasn't disappointed! He was also every nice about the price.
Keep up the good work!!!!!!
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by kingdong(m): 1:51pm On Apr 02, 2008
keep doing well
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by kaelo(m): 10:46pm On Apr 15, 2008
so brume exists, really i myt have 9 accounts saying the same thing about someone, do not be deceived, if uve never really met him, then forget it, dont be scammed, or check with d admin dude
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by killtest: 2:25am On May 04, 2008
KillTest. The safer,easier way to pass any IT exam. And help You to get IT CERT.
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by Bishop(m): 11:08pm On May 05, 2008
Brume ,Brume whoever and wherever you are pls contact me for a business deal.I hope i will be able to recommend you like the rest guys

please drop mail at : owiatf@gmail.com
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by dvillager: 2:02pm On May 25, 2008
There's a village directory and map now on http://www.villageyell.com" where u can browse for shops that offer the services u need. This will help u have a good idea of the shops that sell what u want and the exact location, address and telephone number. Let me know what you also feel about the website.
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by bigrovar(m): 6:25am On Oct 18, 2008
I would like to say a big thank you to Brume helping me get the dell xps m1330 ubuntu preinstalled , Nokia N810 and a host of other accessories . without you there is no way i would have gotten this products here in NIgeria ,  he is very professional and kept on updating me on the status of my goods.which shipped ahead of time. and he is very reasonable with his price too even helping me save some money in the process. its really great to see Nigerians doing something like this and i would recommend him to anybody who wants to get things from outside the country. especially those stuffs that you might not find here.
Re: The Official Nairaland Tech Market Referral Thread by hayprof(m): 8:00pm On Oct 19, 2008
And who quoted me wrong a bout Brume ? angry

I always recommend him. wink cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nokia Dstv Mobile Phone Needed / Get Direct UK Used Apple Macbook Unibody 6GB Ram With Windows Installed / Haier Thermocool Deep Freezer Double Doors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.