Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,622 members, 7,809,290 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players (4228 Views)

My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers / Rain Postpones Conclusion Of French Open Final Until Monday / Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by Akolawole(m): 6:32pm On Mar 21, 2006
Aggressive Attitude Of French Players: How Well?

I am referring to French Nationals and those that have once played in France.

PATRICK VIERA: French Nationals, One time Premiership player of the year. He hold the record as the most indiscipline player in the premiership with 10 red cards.

WILLIAM GALAS: Latest addition to the bad boys

MICHAEL ESSIEN: French player of the year 2004/2005 season, now at Chelsea.

DIDIER DROGBA: French player of the year 2003/2004 season, now at Chelsea.

BOUMSONG:French central defender.

DJIBRIL CISSE: Controversial Liverpool Striker

All these players and many more are the freedom fighters of their team, any little thing, they are scaring the officials. Why do they have such attitude?

Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by reyes4eva(m): 6:47pm On Mar 21, 2006
An average frenchman is PROUD. U cannot take that away from them.
Look at Arsene Wenger or even Henry, U cannot but see Pride in everything they do.
I dont believe they r aggressive. they r just proud.
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by Vieira(m): 7:38pm On Mar 21, 2006
grin grin grin

I swear Akolawale gives me the most jokes! It has nothing to do with the french it is the nature of football.

What about these:

Keane
Martin Keown
Joey Barton
Alan Smith
Robbie Savage
Vinnie Jones
Mick Harford - hardest man in football

all of these are worse than the people you mentioned and they are not french.

Also in Arsenal alone I can mention other french players who are cool headed like Pires, Henry not to talk of other teams.

I bek Mr Akolawale stop finding contentious subjects to post. Your own is too much.
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by Akolawole(m): 8:05pm On Mar 21, 2006
@Vieria

I am referring to Black french players.

"You may know more than me". At times, its not that they want to be aggressive but 99% of them cannot speak proper English and to pass their message to the Referee is Hell.

You need to see Drogba, makalele  speaks.
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by Priscila(f): 1:25pm On Mar 22, 2006
@ akolawole
You are very right! Most of these French players are , infact "aggressive" is an understatement.
Especially Claude Makelele and Gallas.
Whenever Ronaldinho is on the pitch, they push him so hard with their over built chests that I feel pain.
These two men! I like their football, but they use thorax alot.
They never smile even after they have scored. I wonder whats up with them. Remember that kick Makelele gave to Thiago Motta till he cried like a baby.
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by Akolawole(m): 1:29pm On Mar 22, 2006
@Priscilla

The aggressivenesss is not even in their playing tactics but the way they conduct themselves with the Referees.
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by Badman888(m): 2:09pm On Mar 22, 2006
Even the french speaking african countries like Senegal too also have that attitude
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by reyes4eva(m): 3:19pm On Mar 22, 2006
Its the PRIDE of a frenchman.
Pride makes u aggressive. U feel ur ego's been let down and it makes u do rash things.
Everyone of em has got it. El-hadji diouf is a classic example. He wont leave any stones unturned but peopz love him in the north.
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by ALLO: 3:22pm On Mar 22, 2006
So what do u think is the reason for their aggressiveness?
Is is due to their respective countries of origin or the french they speak?
It's clear that you guys have prejudice not only over certain players but also over the French language.
Please we need more mature topics and contributions in this forum.
Please,
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by Vieira(m): 4:49pm On Mar 22, 2006
ALLO:

So what do u think is the reason for their aggressiveness?
Is is due to their respective countries of origin or the french they speak?
It's clear that you guys have prejudice not only over certain players but also over the French language.
Please we need more mature topics and contributions in this forum.
Please,

Thank you jare! What kind of useless stereotyping is this? and how does this theory apply Henry or Trezeguet?

I beg some people are aggresive and some are not that applies to all countries, how can anybody from Nigeria talk about aggression??

When Naija peeps are playing friendly on a Sunday round my area come and see fight and arguements galores, all the oyinbo people are always watching with mouth open in disbelieve.

There is a Naija church league at Hackney marshes and they fight all the time and attack the referee!! And this is a church league o!

I beg lets not be making these kind of statements about a race or country, it is slightly racist.
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by Badman888(m): 5:43pm On Mar 22, 2006
you are talking about local league of course evryone fights but Akowole is talking about the international level its not racism or anything. The number of french players that are aggresive are more thats what its about.
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by Akolawole(m): 6:12pm On Mar 22, 2006
@Badman888
Thank you my brother, though i am active in sports section but i don't comment on every post because i am not interested and IF THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED THEY SHOULD JUST KEEP OFF THE POST.

@allo

What can i say to a Camerounian who speaks french!

Try to understand that most of the affected players is from my team and i do like their football not their attitude.
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by babaragold(f): 6:19pm On Mar 22, 2006
well viera,
              i think u have said it all. infact to hell with akola. he's too much. i wonder if his context of french here is to any french speaking footballer it's addressed to the national team of france. i know what he's up to he is merely using this tread to confirm one other thread where smone said Gallas plays a kind of agressive football like some cameroonian players. like Webo, olembe, jerimi and the like. but 4 yr piece of info plz, there is nothing steriotyped abt french players such as aggresiveness i think avery football match comes with it's own style and tactics. a player might be agreesive in a match 2day and may not be same 2morrow. it all depends on the nature of a particular game.
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by Akolawole(m): 8:11pm On Mar 22, 2006
@Everyone

See me see trouble o
What kind of people is this?

I have never refers to their style of play but Conduct with Referees and opponents if there is any incidents.

Anyway, not every Yoruba can read Alawiye book 1 very well sha.!
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by Akolawole(m): 8:16pm On Mar 22, 2006
@ Everyone

Please you need to read their comments in these two posts:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-8542.0.html

And

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-8772.0.html

By their fruits, ye shall, them.
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by Vieira(m): 8:52pm On Mar 22, 2006
First he says french, then it is the french speaking black players and I have fgiven examples of these players that do not engage in aggressiveness.

And the number of Aggressive English players outnumber the french ones!

When Man U players were surrounding referees, was it only french players?

Or even Chelsea self, when they were harrassing the referee was it only black speaking french players?

I beg if you post in an open forum I will respond. No be only people who agree with a thread should respond to it. angry
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by babaragold(f): 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2006
vieira
u have just said it all this is an open forum exept otherwise that i will agree on some thing just to please some body. we are here to debate on topics and not to accept and take whatever who says here. thx u wink
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by babaragold(f): 9:35pm On Mar 22, 2006
akola, lpz ne t'nquiete pas,
the truth hurts but it must be told. so how much are u going to pay everyone u have invited to come read my posts we are all diferent ppl ooh or may be different with same views. in all u say in this forum. no mind na u talk am say ''by their fruits we shall know them'' relax don't boder to discover who is who here like e go worry. let's just have fun in the forum. but i must remind u that linking my posts with others is no too important. but well if that is going to make u feel good then i'll not object. cool
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by LoverBwoy(m): 4:29am On Mar 23, 2006
football is not particularly a gentleman's game is it?

i think most of them grow up in tough neighbourhoods, i dnt really understand why france or french speaking players are being pointed out but most of them play defensive roles and thats come with ur persona, u dont exactly wanna be smiling at referee that show u a yellow card all the time do u

theres a thing between british and french people wink
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by ALLO: 8:51am On Mar 23, 2006
@akolawole
Do not 4get that the the CAF's 2005 most fairplay team was awarded to a Frenchspeaking country.
Does that mean something to u?
By your own fruits I have also known u.
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by Akolawole(m): 12:57pm On Mar 23, 2006
@Viera

As the author of the post, i have every right to choose what i want as the purpose of the thread.

YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO START A THREAD CALLED "AGGRESSIVE ENGLISH PLAYER OR AGRESSIVE NIGERIAN PLAYERS"

@Badman888

I beg, you need to read yopur people's comments o

@ BabaraGold & Allo

Its of no reason for me to be arguing with you on this thread. I have read your comments on the following Posts:

1) ANY JUJU IN SOCCER? Ref: #23

2) DONT YOU THINK GALAS IS A CAMEROUNIAN. Ref #2

3) JEAN-ALAIN BOUMSONG. Ref: #23

In all these, i have discovered that you are a very good defender of French black players. Well as a Camerounian who studied in France, what can one expect?

Definitely, you will be tired of me because, i will now be posting quite a lot of thread on your CHOICE, so be prepared.
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by twinstaiye(m): 1:24pm On Mar 23, 2006
PATRICK VIERA: French Nationals, One time Premiership player of the year. He hold the record as the most indiscipline player in the premiership with 10 red cards.
This does not make Vieira an indiscipline player, I think most booked player would have been more appropriate. Probably however Akolawole, because those players you mentioned are playing in an english premiership and not french championat, that is why they are more aggressive. But whether black or not, dont you think all french players are aggressive? By the way, is Eric Cantona aggressive player too? He is a french nationals right?
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by Vieira(m): 1:36pm On Mar 23, 2006
Akolawole:

@Viera

As the author of the post, i have every right to choose what i want as the purpose of the thread.

Did I say you did not have the right?

You are the one telling us to stay of your topic and not us telling you not to start one.

Please do not confuse the issue.
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by Priscila(f): 5:02pm On Mar 23, 2006
@ akolawole
You only mentioned" aggressive" and you din't mention referees. So pleaseee! stop the outcry.
You must be a chelsea fan, but dont force words into our mouths. Some of us might not have seen any rough scene with refs but we ve seen the violence in the pitch. Am also a chelsea fan only if they are not playing with Arsenal or Barcelona. I support them with any other team apart from those two.
I still repeat Makelele! Gallas !should venture into rugby where thorax is used a lot despite their age. How can they go on kicking opponents just like that? They are too furious in the pitch though their game is superb.
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by babaragold(f): 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2006
hi akola,
no u just go ahead and post whatever u feel like. it's only a forum even if i don't contribute. others will always do. u need not to displease yr self to please me or whoever. all the same i've loved all yr posts though, if not i'll never have been contributing to any.so post like a poet or a writer who has the audience at heart. and not smthing that can not arrouse interest to others. cheesy
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by Akolawole(m): 2:53am On Mar 24, 2006
@BabaraGold

I have posted two, one on Etoo and the other is on Alhaji hayatou

Its suprising to hear you love my posts, so when are we meeting for a drink now ?
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by babaragold(f): 12:56pm On Mar 24, 2006
saluit akola,
i hope yr new two posts are 4 yr audience who'll be interested those topics do not move me at all. i'll suggest u send yr post on more insicnificant stars who are still creeping and seeking more popularity. eto'o and isa hayatu got nothing to sell. while eto'o is already at the pick of his carrere, isa has reached saturation and is almost retiring. so in efect your topics interets me not. talking abt eto'o is not my prob. but objectivity is what i cherish.
But in any case, if u think we cant talk eto'o. then catch me on www.fan club eto'o fils in Lyon. there is and objective forum there. to hail and criticise him when need be. wink

Well, as for the drink, le rendevous sera au bar La fraicheur forth night when i pop back to Cmr. at least the distance is shorter.
cool
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by Akolawole(m): 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2006
@BABRAGOLD

I didnt understand your french , the last time i study French was 1985( 21 years ago) in my secondary school.

My View on Eto'o.

My views about him has not changed. He is a very very good player, exceptional player that is carrying a good image of not only Cameroun, Africa but the entire Black.
He has done tremendously well for his club but not for National team.
Rashidi Yekini single-handedly took a mediocre Nigerian team to the final of Algiers '90, Okocha took responsibility in Nigeria's campaign in Tunisia '04 while Abedi Pele took Ghana to a remarkable end in Senegal in 1992, i am sorry to say Eto'o has not done so.

I watched Indomitable's last two World cup qualifiers, he is just not there at all.

As for our Drink-Meet, where do you want? Lagos, Yaounde, Doualla or Paris.
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by babaragold(f): 3:47pm On Mar 24, 2006
akola
it's ok i think i've just accepted u for who i imagine u are. this topic is not abt eto'o and these none title beares u just mentioned here. after qualifying or taking one team or the other from or one stage of a competition to the other.what next did they or have they achieved. anyway eto'o is not in the class of any of these lads. sorry to say but i only pitty smone like okocha whao is signing out of football without a single title.quel mal chance.

even talking of him and world cup whatever in 90. HOW old was eto'o then?
anyway like i said let's not discuss eto'o here.

as for my french; i said saluit it's greetings. and the rest i said is that  i'll be back to cameroun in two weeks and i'll tell u a venue for  the drink cool
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by Akolawole(m): 6:44pm On Mar 24, 2006
@BabaraGold

Yes it off topic, well let me clarify this.
Quoting from you "Etoo is not in the same class as them"

Note, God never make a all-in-all human being, only God is complete.

Yes that may be true but check out this
1) Yekini proved himself in Nigerian league by being highest goal scorer with 11 goals in 1987
2) Yekini proved himself in African league by tearing the neat week-in-week out in Abidjan when he featured for Africa Sports of Coted'voire.
3) Yekini is the second highest goal scorer ever in Nations cup history wityh 13 goals behind Laurent Pokou.
4) 1n 1994, Yekini won (1) Best Player of the Tournament & (2) Highest goal scorer
5) In 1994, Yekini scored Nigeria's first ever world cup goal.
6) In 1992,  Yekini was Highest goal scorer in African cup of Nations in Senegal
7) In 1994, Yekini was African's highest goal scorer in World Cup Qualifiers.
cool At 43, Yekini is still playing small small football.

OKOCHA

Even though, he is not a STRIKER like Etoo
Where am i going to start o?
1) Two times  BBC African player of the year.
2) Takes responsibility and single-handedly save Bolton from Relegation.
3) His goal against Kalarushe, Khan in goal was regarded asthe best goal in Budesliga for a century.
4) The highpoint of his career was 2004 Nations cup where he won every single individual award, highest goal scorer, best player of the tournament, 1000th Nations cup goal.
5) Original creator of a particular dribbling runs at atlanta '96 which Brazillian guys are now copying.[ i am sure a lot of members will disagree with me here].

Bab, I hope you wont hate me the-more on this,  but i got to reveal what i know. remember Okocha is just a midfielder but Yekini is a Striker.

ETOO need to do more for cameroun. He is previledge to be playing for a big team.
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by babaragold(f): 6:07pm On Mar 25, 2006
well, mr akolawole,
thx u soo much for yr funny statistics. but i'll suggest u propse this as a lone topic to take care of it's self and not provocking a topic within a topic. i've had u and BBC awards but i wish to remind u that u are not different from BBC.

And 4 yr word of advice the only similarity with these yr footballers listed here is that they are all creators of God. out of that they got no match in as much as soccer is concerned. u either take or leave it.Beside eto'o is aiming at become world's footballer one day and not looking behind at retired, or present footballers who do not have anything to teach him. so if u and i can understand this 4 once and stop comparing eto'o especially with any african player no matter who then the better 4 us. lipsrsealed

And i can't hate u coz u don't hail eto'o. do u know certainly no! ok i'll tell u. BECAUSE, YR OPENION DOES NOT COUNT. wink u hail him oh, u no hail him oo. ill reste le meme Samuel Eto'o Fils. i woun't go reminding u of his past and present achivemens as u know them allready. imagine all this yr long list of players u take and compare with one small eto'o soooo great he is. less i forget we are so satisfied with the guy in our national team so if u and yr counterparts are not satisfied, then u can tear yr shirts. smiley
Re: Soccer: Aggressive Attitude Of French Players by Akolawole(m): 2:27am On Mar 26, 2006
@Babaragold

Are you angry with me? please dont crucify me.

It is an Off-topic but we all break the rule.

"You said i shouldn't compare Etoo with any African player", Does that means he's better than everyone? He is not even better than Roger Milla.

Well i hands-off on Etoo to come back with a bumper package on him.

One of these days, I will start my French lesson with you o grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Footballer Raheem Lawal Shows Off His House And Car. / Sure 100% Fixed Bet / Who Is The Best Coach In The World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.