Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Read And Digest Properly - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Read And Digest Properly (634 Views)

SATURDAY DIGEST: World's Most Infamous Murders 'cannibal Of Oshodi' / SATURDAY DIGEST: World's Greatest Unsolved Mysteries (day 6) / Africa Un-slaved Volume I: Read And Share! Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Read And Digest Properly by ministergh: 4:14am On Feb 29, 2012
The Chief Executive Officer, who said the problem was temporary, explained that Ghana currently needs a daily supply of 1,600 megawatts power for both domestic and industrial purpose.

I dont understand why some people here cant understand simple written english or maybe, say, make deductions. According to the statement above, 1600megawatts of power is what the country Ghana requires to power it homes and industries. it does not mean that 1600 megawats is its production capacity. you could fetch 10 buckets of water but you may only use three. it does not then mean that you only have three buckets of water. Ghana has the akosombo dam which at full capacity can supply much of west africa. Ghana also has a thermal plant station that supply it with power and is currently at the completion stage of another hydro-electric power dam called Bui Dam. Ghana is also fast developing its own gas pipeline so that they can stop relying on nigeria, which they have accused of deliberately cutting gas supply form the west african gas pipeline project in other to be on the same scale with nus.they have also recently invited the private sector to engage in power production all with the aim of selling power to their neighbors like us. it is rather important for us to focus on how to get out of our misery than keep talking about countries that seem to be getting things right. If our energy sector is given to ghana, i bet they can mmake it better than what our abacha, GEJ and all the bunch of useless barstards did.

(1) (Reply)

US Pastor Burns Korans To Urge Iran Clergyman Release / Africa And The Misunderstanding Of Structured Evil / I Think Obama Will Fall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.