Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,728 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike (5041 Views)

FG Avert SSANU Strike; Pays Outstanding Salaries / FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike / ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike by sambas: 7:07pm On Feb 29, 2012
Ibadan – The Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU) on Wednesday said it would embark on an indefinite strike over the non- implementation of its 2009 agreement with the Federal Government.

Mr Alfred Jimoh, the National Vice President, West Zone, told news men in Ibadan that the main reason for the strike was to press home SSANU’s demand for the 65 years retirement age.

He said the national executive of the association at the end of its 40th quarterly meeting in Ado-Ekiti resolved to commence the strike.

“ SSANU was to embark on an indefinite strike on about two occasions; but due to the appeal made by the Federal Government, we decided to sheath our sword.

“ As at today, only the salary aspect of the agreement has been partially implemented.

“ The government, however, promised to implement all agreements, including the retirement age by the 29th of February.

“ Nothing has been done and it will interest you that today is 29th and no agreement has been signed by the government.

“ SSANU is not happy about this; we have shown enough understanding with government and it is really affecting our members negatively.

“ So any moment from 12 mid-night, we will give directives to our members to embark on strike,’’ he said. (NAN)

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/general/143515-ssanu-gives-another-strike-notice.html
Re: SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike by femmalyne: 1:58pm On Mar 01, 2012
are u part of us, we re been cheated, my SSANU!!!
Re: SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike by dmxqo(m): 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2012
as usual
Re: SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike by ChefMike(m): 3:40pm On Mar 01, 2012
Please a enough of this strike in order not to ruin the future of the Nigerian youth
Re: SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike by stepo707: 3:48pm On Mar 01, 2012
The strike is too much
Re: SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike by otokx(m): 3:48pm On Mar 01, 2012
Where was SSANU when ASUU was on strike?
Re: SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike by ReachRich(m): 4:12pm On Mar 01, 2012
After SSANU,who will be be the next?
Re: SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike by texazzpete(m): 4:32pm On Mar 01, 2012
Another signature of the PDP you clowns voted into power; they fail to honor agreements!
Re: SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike by vitality22(m): 5:09pm On Mar 01, 2012
Please, GO ON STRIKE we are used to strikes in this country. you dont need to say it out. just begin the strike NOW, mcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike by Onaolamipo: 5:30pm On Mar 01, 2012
They just want to jeopardize the nigerian educational sector. Today strike,tomorrow strike. God will judge
Re: SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike by otokx(m): 5:43pm On Mar 01, 2012
Let them try.
Re: SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike by oneuniquemind(m): 6:53pm On Mar 01, 2012
Na today!dem no need tell us.Na ludo dem dey play wen ASUU went on strike?
Re: SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike by megawax8: 7:18pm On Mar 01, 2012
when ssanu is done,nasu ll start diers, bullshit!!!!!!!!!!
Re: SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike by CHIMCO(m): 8:13pm On Mar 01, 2012
Student's union should not allow these to happen again. Students must protest. Afterall those profs that taught them did not retire at the age they are requesting. Selfish Seniors,
Re: SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 01, 2012
Post modified by handler.
Re: SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike by bakila: 7:51am On Mar 02, 2012
Onaolamipo:

They just want to jeopardize the nigerian educational sector. Today strike,tomorrow strike. God will judge
More like thet want to bury the sector they have killed, before they go off to kill other sectors as politicians.
Re: SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike by femmalyne: 9:44am On Mar 02, 2012
@dirtymoney, u never understand, this life is turn by turn, it will soon reach ya turn, I think ya father is one of this politician that steal the country money and does not have the interest of the mass, I pity you. next time you mind the way you talk to elders because you will soon bcom one.
Re: SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike by jayriginal: 10:10am On Mar 02, 2012
texazzpete:

Another signature of the PDP you clowns voted into power; they fail to honor agreements!
I know you know that this is not a PDP problem. It has been the way of government to agree and withhold implementation.
Re: SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike by chris7272: 10:59am On Mar 02, 2012
what ever any body likes they should say what ever name yhey wants to call they should call it will soon come to your turn by the time you started working have family you will know what they are say i'm not in support of thier stupid 65 yrs but i want you to know that agreement is agreement
Re: SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike by chris7272: 11:01am On Mar 02, 2012
what ever any body likes they should say what ever name yhey wants to call they should call it will soon come to your turn by the time you started working have family you will know what they are say i'm not in support of thier stupid 65 yrs but i want you to know that agreement is an agreement
Re: SSANU Set To Embark On An Indefinite Strike by fabby26(m): 11:02am On Mar 02, 2012
grin Please let them start the strike as soon as possible, at least i know that my position, i got as one of the sales agent in a business outfit is till vacant/open for me, during the last two months strike, so that i can go back before someone takes it up. I have only received one month of the emolument b4 the strike was abruptly called off. Na dem go tire, be it ASUU, NASU, SSANU, even JSANU( Junior staff). Nonsense. If am the FGN, i just know what to do. They try am during the time of OBJ, but dey gave up. They are lucky to have a listening GEJ as a presido, and they re abusing the privileged.

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Releases 2016 Instititution/course Statistics (see The Top Institution) / Check Out Fees Of A Nursery And Primary School In Lagos (pictured) / The 11 Most Powerful Militaries In The World (with pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.