Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Advise Need From All Holyspirit Filled Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Advise Need From All Holyspirit Filled Christians (869 Views)

How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? / Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Need From All Holyspirit Filled Christians by earlymann: 8:34pm On Feb 29, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][size=8pt][size=8pt]Hey house,The Lord has been so good to me that i m now in Love with him , i want to serve him  but dont know  how to start and where to start, i dont want to serve him Partially, i choose to serve him fully with the whole of my life, i shall be 26 years old this year and i m yet to have a university education though i was in college before but left due to the major fact that i was not driven, i was attending without a purpose  and so i left college for it almost  destroyed me. now i wanna go bacck to school  but with the purpose of serving the Lord, my mother has been very concerned about me not having a university education at this age that i am, she s been pestering me seriously(Like an overaged lady who  is yet to marry) she is so afriad of my future, though i really appreciate all her efforts for wanting my good and willing to adhere to it and i wish to go to the university but dont wanna study a course that will make me  miss The lords presence in my life,  Cos without him i am dead, i could have died a long time ago but he helped me back to life, so now i choose to give him my life fully and completely though i am bornagain .

Please niralanders, i need you guys to help advise me on what i can study in the unversity ,a course that can help me fulfill Gods will

My mother would like me to study law, but my fear here is this: Jesus  spoke Against Lawyers (Luke 11:46,52) how then should i go and still study Law , who shall i obey, or is it me who dont understand

My heart is opened and i m carefully of what comes into it

Can i be a lawyer and still have The Lord fully with me?
for i tought that two wisdom exist of which Jesus Pointed out in the scriptures  one is of this world which is not of God and the other is of The Lord
This are my thoughts

I have tasted the words of Jesus and i see that all his words are true and so i choose to stick to his  words (wisdom )
i dont want to be like anyother pastor, i wish to be productive with the help of the Holyspirit so i wouldnt go to a university to study Thoelogy for litereally the holyspirit ministers through me, (he can teach me his words ) or why should i go to a school to read theology

i choose to stop here for today

I will appreciate all comments from my fellow Beloved Christians,spirit filled ones

Please its of no use to comment to this post if you dont have the holyspirit or experience the holyspirit

i mean no disrespect and no hatred but just would prefer comment from holyspirit filled xtians for they should understand me betteer

[/size][/size]
[/font][/font][/font][/font]
Re: Advise Need From All Holyspirit Filled Christians by Goshen360(m): 9:56pm On Feb 29, 2012
Hello,

My first advice to you is to seek the Lord through fasting and prayer as regards what the Lord wants you to study in university. Don't be in a hurry for the Lord will speak. Most times, when God speaks, it might really not be the thing that will suite your desire hence He uses the foolish things to confront the wisdom of this world.

Remember Jesus, when He wanted to start His purpose, he prayed and fasted 40 days, am not saying you should fast 40 days anyway but with that, He didn't make the wrong choice when He was to choose his disciples. You might say but he chose Judas, that is a mystery that am not talking about here anyway.

This is what I will say for now. Perhaps other christian brothers and sisters might say something. Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Advise Need From All Holyspirit Filled Christians by Image123(m): 11:22pm On Feb 29, 2012
@OP, simply ask God for guidance. It's also good to ask for counsel though. Go to your leaders in church and seek their counsel, they're the best ithink, not nL. BTW, studying law is not wrong.
Re: Advise Need From All Holyspirit Filled Christians by God2man(m): 11:41pm On Feb 29, 2012
goshen360:

Hello,

My first advice to you is to seek the Lord through fasting and prayer as regards what the Lord wants you to study in university. Don't be in a hurry for the Lord will speak. Most times, when God speaks, it might really not be the thing that will suite your desire hence He uses the foolish things to confront the wisdom of this world.

Remember Jesus, when He wanted to start His purpose, he prayed and fasted 40 days, am not saying you should fast 40 days anyway but with that, He didn't make the wrong choice when He was to choose his disciples. You might say but he chose Judas, that is a mystery that am not talking about here anyway.

This is what I will say for now. Perhaps other christian brothers and sisters might say something. Thanks and God bless you.
This is ok. Let us see what happens after seeking the face of the Lord for direction. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Advise Need From All Holyspirit Filled Christians by tunnytox(m): 11:54pm On Feb 29, 2012
@OP
Honestly, you're displaying some early signs of mental illness without even knowing! ABSOLUTELY NO OFFENCE INTENDED!

I have seen people like you who are too obsessed with 'serving' they Lord to the extent that the forget they are still living in the world and not heaven or paradise. I know of a guy that started like you and before we know it he has resigned from his office, sold his possesions, only fast and pray all day. It took some intervention of well meaning people to take him to a psychiatrists to get him treated. Your mother is rightly worried about you because if you go down the lane you're presently with no skills or education then how do you intend to feed yourself or even become successful? abi your plan is to be like one of the mega pastors?

You may not like my comment but I'll drop it anyway at least you can have it in your records that someone advised you to get proper education or skills you require to succeed in life and yes you can still serve God in whatever you do, not all lawyers are sinners many are true sons of God and doing their job with all honesty, the problem is not the profession the problem is you.
Re: Advise Need From All Holyspirit Filled Christians by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 01, 2012
if God is calling u into a full ministry, whatever certificate u acquired will be useless. I wouldn't know if your resolution is as a result of ur love to serve christ or a clear call into full ministry.
if the former is ur case, u are not different from every devoted xtians that serves and glorify God via their vocations-u can go ahead and study law, i have seen and listened to a high court justice full of holy spirit.
If the latter is ur case, i will urge u to be more prayerful and seek guidance 'cos u need to hear well. May christ grant u more grace.
Re: Advise Need From All Holyspirit Filled Christians by crossman9(m): 12:42am On Mar 03, 2012
My advice would be this stay away from these churches that talk about money and break throughs and sowing seeds to get more money

Here is list of churches that will send you to hell?

1. The Catholic Church
2. Christ Embassy church Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
3. The synagogue T.B. Joshua 
4. The Moonies, unification church
5. Jehovah’s wittiness
6. Mormon church also known as the church of the latter day saints
7. The masonic lodge
8. Black Israelite cult

Churches that will help you with open hands and not exploit you

1. The living church of God! this one is the best
2. The seventh day Adventists? this one is safe as well
3. United church of God 50% doctrines are spot on
4. The trumpet church of God  spot on doctrine
5. The worldwide church of God?
6. Redeemed Church of God

(1) (Reply)

Saving Islam & Christianity From Atheists Bashing / Speaking In Tongues: Is It Essential To Salvation? / 88 Babies Born In One Week At Redeemed Christian Church Of God 60th Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.